RRaising a toast to Bindi

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Chulbuli, loyal, naive Bindi met her end today. The murder was expected, but knowing that didn't make it easier to watch.

Bindi escaped from the gun-runners only to fall into the Thakur's hands. The suave, trustworthy Thakur, protector of Birpur and her daughters. Bindi had no reason not to trust  him. And so, sobbing  with fear, she alerted the Thakur to the presence of guns in his haveli; guns brought in by her Paro's in-laws! Poor Paro! What if she was in danger? Even then it was concern for Paro's safety that dominated her thoughts. So Bindi bit back her terror and accompanied the Thakur to a remote corner of the haveli to identify the location of the guns. And for her goodness, the Thakur took her life!

Bindi's presence will be missed. She was the perfect naughty, bubbly, carefree foil to Paro's serious, quietude. Bindi's irrepressible charm lit up her scenes, like when she demanded tricoloured bangles from Kesari, or when she rushed to Paro's rescue, or tricked Paro into a secret assignation with her fiance.

Bindi's killing was meant to evoke terror, and there were parts that genuinely struck that chord. The darkness, dilapidation of the unlit section of the haveli, Bindi's refusal to accompany the Thakur, her increasing nervousness as they approached the lake. So, well-done to the actor and the crew for pulling it off. 👏 I just wish she'd been killed differently. 

(Really CVs? Why Crocs? Surely Bindi deserved something more befitting, and Crocs ...I struggle to take this seriously. I mean, I know we must suspend reality a bit to watch TV, but this much? Surely crocs went out of fashion with James Bond and the 80s.) 

The other major run-in today had more fortunate consequences, in that no lives were lost, although the same could not be said of Paro's innocence. Paro, freshening up before returning to the revelry, bumped into Laila seeking liquid sustenance during her rest break. Seeing the novice proved too much temptation for the uber-experienced Laila to resist, and out spewed the advice. There are three types of men, she said: the child, the mamma's boy...And what of the third? "Ahh the animal...that's the one that shreds your heart while he's shredding his own, like my Rudra." But Paro had nothing to fear there, Laila reassured, for after all, Paro's groom was a human-being.

This then is my Scene of the Day: RR's lead and second lead, dressed to impress, in a substantive altercation-of-sorts. Each playing to her strengths: innocent, fascination and virginal fear, clashing with the blase voice of experience. Paro's eyes drawn helplessly to Laila's hand as it withdraws her lipstick from the neckline of her blouse, twists out the tube of red, and strokes it onto her voluptuous mouth. 👏 Claps to the direction and the acting.

The rest of the episode was a battle of one-upmanship between the Thakur and the BSD. It was all about not underestimating the enemy, and staying a step ahead.

Hence, the Thakur figures out that Kesari has fallen into the BSD's clutches and has sung like a canary. He realises that the missing case of guns has met a similar fate, and decides to advance the wedding to that very night, to stymie the BSD, which he expects will show up with a warrant in the morning.

Rudra, realising that the search warrant has been delayed, no doubt due to the Thakur who wants him to amble in after the party's over, decides to make his move that very night too. He rolls up his sleeves and gets down to manufacturing a fake one.

Some memorable lines delivered by Rudra in this battle of wits:

"Risk to jeene mein bhi hai, safe to murda ghar mein rehti bodies hoti hain, bas!"

"Aman BSD mein do tareekey key log hotey hain: Ek woh jo rules ke hisaab se chaltey hain or doosre woh jo apne rules khud banate hain. Badkismati se tum aise insaan ke saath kaam kar rahe ho jo doosri category mein aata hai!"

What style! 👏

So despite the disappearance of poor Bindi, much to savour today.

As for tomorrow, I predict a riot!  

Edited by tvbug2011 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very Nice...like the little details you point out in the episode.
-Maryam.K- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful Post<3 gonna miss her :(
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great post. I'm really going to miss Bindi. I always thought she was cute and naive. It is devastating to see such an innocent and sweet soul meet such a cruel end. I'm disgusted with this act of Tewajat. He didn't feel any remorse even after hearing her cries for help.
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice post !! But since some people in the forum highlighted, crocodiles are found in large no.s in Rajasthan lakes, I think they used crocs for killing Bindi.
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: showviewer

Very Nice...like the little details you point out in the episode.

Thanks you. Probably because I've watched it a good few times now. 😃
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Maryam.K-

Beautiful Post<3 gonna miss her :(

Thanks.😊 Hers was a charming role that lifted the scenes. We're going to need a replacement soon
dmg2c thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Felt really bad for Bindi!
About the crocs...i actually felt they were a neat little touch! I agree its cliched  and old fashioned! but think who is doing it. the thakur! a man who is caught in a time warp. He is unable to come to terms with the partition and the the country's independance and consequent abolition of feudali landlords and royalty. He still fancies himself as the Raja of the place, and refuses to acknowledge that the world has moved on. He clings to his notions of the old world feudal character of his existence , which obviously would very well include old fashioned feudal means of finishing off people as well. he probably runs his villages like his little kindgodm and he does believe in a ruthless domination of his people. no opposition or betrayal is brooked. he is just carrying the old traditions of his ancestors and living like he would have roughly a century back. no, i think the crocs fit in perfectly. see, the CVs and the director have only such tools to etch out a character. dialogues are not always either the most suitable or the most desirable way of showing something.
amaia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Such a beautiful post... Nicely said 😊
I will definatly miss the sweet and innocent Bindi...
Arhi_2205 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Going to miss her <3 Great post