Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ireena7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Nice post...Thakur told her all the 'Kalla Chittha' of his deeds,,,,she could be a witness but that kamina kill poor Bindi  😭
I will miss her and her acting 😭
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kbtr

Kbtr, it's great to see you here!! Loved that you took the time to share your thoughts.

Actually, I thought the crocs were a fitting way for the Thakur to use to bring about the demise of Bindi. Anything else, for instance shooting, would be too cliched. Besides, in this way, he could claim that she was killed by the BSD (or if her body was ever found, that she must have slipped.)

Yes a few people on this thread have pointed out how well the crocs fit the purpose, and I see your povs. But my resistance to the modus operandi is that it is too dated, remember Shaan and Shaakaal (ok that was a shark but still the same bloodied water)!! Roger Moore and the crocodile bridge in Live and Let Die!! Both such OTT but defining moments in cinema that they ensured that if ever crocs were used to kill on reel again the scene would automatically be seen as OTT;  fall short of the original use; be associated with the date of the original scenes and because of Roger Moore, be kinda like a corny gag. I, at least, could never take them seriously in the same situation.

The other difficulty I have with this is that it doesn't quite gel with the Thakur's other kills to date. Up till now, the Thakur has never personally soiled his hands. He remains suave till the end (of his enemy), but most importantly, he gets his minions to do the dirty work for him. This is the first time that he has personally done the deed, AND stood by until he was sure Bindi was dead!! I find that jarring.

However, I take all your  points a) The crocs are in the their natural environment b) they were at hand and c) would not lead back to the killer. So yes, I agree, in that sense it was a fitting fatal weapon.

The Thakur is not sophisticated as you say. He is a savage. He is pretentious enough to think of himself as civilized. His way of life is grandiose in a way that is non-existent but that which he cannot let go, as you say. The crocs and death by crocs is a 'little' indulgence a pompous feudal lord would incur on his slave who would dare to disturb him, and as such, in his eyes, was Bindi. Poor Bindi had no idea she had walked into the lair.

Clearly the CVs are still unveiling the complexities of their characters. So I suppose it's early days to paint mental pictures of the characters. But yes, I am approaching the Thakur with an open mind.😆

The scene between Laila and Paro was a bit confusing for me. Why was Laila where Paro is? Common bathroom? Perhaps the haveli has too few facilities for female visitors. 😆 But I agree that was a very 'contrived' scene, more common to the loos of five star hotels where everybody hangs around for a bit. Who is she (I mean I know who she is, but what is her connection to Paro. How does she know her. Well, Paro was guest of honour, so Laila def recognises her. I'm guessing that she's either feeling v. benevolent to a nervous bride-to-be or v. unhappy that her own wedding is not in sight and wants to show her superiority-- there were many shades to this confrontation-of-sorts. Is it a free for all to enter and leave wherever and whenever whoever wants. There does not seem to be any privacy issues... She is the one who was dancing there, too. Did the Thakur invite her? Or the Thakurani? Is she working for them? In whatever capacity. Anyway, that is another discussion. Yup, I wonder if she has friends on both sides of the bed. 😆)

Res my comments on the two macho males who would want to fight to show who is stronger. The battle lines have been drawn, each adversary knows the other and so let the games begin.

This episode was a rrevealing the veil of the persona, so to speak. As each layer of veil is peeled off, we see a different facet of the personalities.

For Thakur, it was that he is not as sophisticated as he would want to believe. In the end, he is as vulgar as a paltry looter who would kill for loot.

Compl agreed!

For Laila, it is that she is not as confident as she would want to believe. In the end, she is as vulnerable as Paro. (She is unsure of her future with Rudra, whom she wants, so that makes her be not in charge of her life, just like Paro, who is not in charge of her life.) 

Brilliant observation! 👏 There was a moment there, when she says "...like my Rudra..." Her expressions are worth noting then. 

For Paro, it is that there might be more to her than just following directions. Her inner most feelings were a bit exposed today, as she asked what the third kind of man was. What's going on in that pretty head of hers?

Paro shows this reluctant fascination throughout that conversation. Compulsive interest that overrides the restrictions she puts on herself.  Interesting.😉

Tomorrow's episode as you say, will be chaotic. Paro will find out that Bindi was killed (probably by the BSD, as she will be told.) The baraat will be on it's way with the new bride. And then...

PS
Love your rrationalizing posts. Please keep them coming!Clap

Thank you. 😊

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ireena7

Nice post...Thakur told her all the 'Kalla Chittha' of his deeds,,,,she could be a witness but that kamina kill poor Bindi  😭

I will miss her and her acting 😭

Thanks. It would've been great if she'd lived and given evidence against the Thakur. And who knows what the cvs have in store for us. But yes her absence will be felt.
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Gr8 post...Gonna miss cute Bindi :(