Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Mashal

2)in an interview she was saying ppl like chemistry of shahrukh-rani then shahrukh-kajol(how dare she ? 😡 )

yes I also dont like her much bcz of the same reason . I read somewhere that she said that she wants to make on screen chemistery with Abhishek same like Amitabh & Jaya's 🤢.

and its Kajol who made her. she said to Karan to take her in KKHH & after that Rani started getting jealous of Kajol & her pair with SRK😡 ( dont hit me Rani fans but thats true😆)

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
popkurn thumbnail
Over rated? Definantly not! Rani didnt just hit the big screen like a click. It was all her hard work that got her where she is now. You cant say shes over rated. She did an awesome job in Black! I could watch that movie hundreds of times and I wouldnt get tired of it. Its easy to say "Yea yea..many actresses could of done that same role." But its harder to actually do it. Rani is talented and her role in Black was a hit! Its not easy to act like that..and she as 1 did a terrific job. Yea she is everywhere in the news..but for what reason? Her AMAZING accomplishments. Sure Kajol has brought her to where she is now, and Im pretty sure Rani would have thanked her for such an opportunity but she cant just stick with Kajol..Rani has talent and that along with Kajol has brought her this far. And I for one dont believe the stuff about Rani that is written in the newspapers or magazines..I wont believe it unless Rani with her own mouth says it. I find those things rumours more than facts. Edited by popkurn - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

yes I also dont like her much bcz of the same reason . I read somewhere that she said that she wants to make on screen chemistery with Abhishek same like Amitabh & Jaya's 🤢.

and its Kajol who made her. she said to Karan to take her in KKHH & after that Rani started getting jealous of Kajol & her pair with SRK😡 ( dont hit me Rani fans but thats true😆)

I'M not sure as to whether she really said that😕..But if she did,she direly needs a reality check pronto....First of all,Amitabh shared a better chamistry with Rekha,than he did with Jaya.(a la Silsila,Sharabbi etc) just my opinion).Thus I dont understand why Rani felt that the Amitabh Jaya chemistry is a yardstick for evaluating the chemistry and vibes between co-stars😕.. The Dharmendra and Hema Malini jodi too shared more vibes than than Amitabh Jaya jodi....

Secondly,Kajol -SRK chemistry is immortalized ..No one(i repeat no one) is close to them....the chemistry Abhishek and Rani share is NOTHING infront the SRK-Kajol chemistry....Rani's head  seems to be surely super inflated,thanks to two consecutive awards(and who knows,perhaps even this year,she'd win for KANK)....😕..High time she gets a reality check..SRK-Rani are NOTHING compared to SRK-Kajol...DDLJ and KKHH were definitely much better and more acclaimed than Chalte Chalte,Paheli and KANK

Rani is definitely a good actress,but she surely needs to stop assuming that her acting is beyond all superlatives,and she needs to STOP bracketing herself with greats like Kajol and Jaya Bhaduri

Originally posted by: popkurn

Sure Kajol has brought her to where she is now, and Im pretty sure Rani would have thanked her for such an opportunity

But the grapevine has it that Kajol and Rani arent in good terms,apparently,Rani even skipped Kajol's wedding  citing ill health as an excuse if I'm not mistaken😕🤔

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
popkurn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

But the grapevine has it that Kajol and Rani arent in good terms,apparently,Rani even skipped Kajol's wedding  citing ill health as an excuse if I'm not mistaken😕🤔

Ermm..Id need some proof to believe that😛😳

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: popkurn

Ermm..Id need some proof to believe that😛😳

that's precisely why its said that it was heard on the grapevine😆

But I guess many magazines had too written about this ....Ca someone else confirm please😳

Krishana Tulsi thumbnail
i definatly like Rani asside all the controversies and rumers or even if they are true! - we are talking about acting only n not attitude or relations with people! I dont think she is over rated because roles such as Black are very difficult to do and that movie proved she can act in many roles. I definatly think she deverses the attention! Edited by Krishana Tulsi - 17 years ago
bubble_gum thumbnail
Overrated?????!!!! Preity's overrated if you ask me.

Rani did an outstanding job in Black. It's very, very hard to play a mentally challenged person who can't talk, see or hear anything. I think she pulled off her roles, some better than others. She's actually quite underrated because of her height and looks. Aishwarya's the one who's the most overrated in Bollywood.
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with Priya, Krishna, & Bubble gum ... I dont think Rani is over-rated for the same reasons as mentioned by these three. 😊
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Rani is underrated.
She hit the ground running and always sought new characters...Once people thought that she would not be able to shake off 'Khandala' image but she has even moved on beyond 'Black'.
I like Madhuri and she is a much better dancer but compare the movie where she played the blind girl (the one she played Mother-Daughter double role) with 'Black' and see how much more definition Rani has brought to the character.

Yes, she did bring definition to the character, and she perhaps did better than all the other mainstream actresses could have done. But perhaps we would need to see an actress of Konkona's calibre to actually decide the yardstick of Rani's character in Black. Personally, for me, the yardstick was established by that little girl. When Rani got agaitated in that movie, she started to resemble a retarded girl rather than an EET impaired person, and yet when that little girl behaved crazy, and not even once did she look retarded. She looked exactly what she should have - a bewildered and angry little girl knowing no boundaries at loss to know what her place was in this world and giving in to her animalistic nature..........and then her transformation, the emoting of that wonderous feeling by the fountain......she was a class apart. That little girl even looked blind, something Rani never did as a grown up Michelle. Instead she assumed a fake gate resembling Charlie Chaplin making a complete caricature of that character many a times. There were some pockets in the film where Rani did touch your heart, like when she begs Amitabh to make her a woman, or when she is unable to make the grades, her dissapointments, but that was the character's dissapointment which would have touched anyway even if she was not deaf dumb or blind..........as I said, she is a very good actress. But not the best.

Mashal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

but dont worry friend (shahrukhan nay konsa iss ko lift kerwa di hai)😆 everybody in world know that shahrukhan and kajole have greatest chemistry on screen...................................................... ...........................