Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Amitabh is a class all by his own. As someone said just now, he did something no actor has ever done before....he made a bad film look good by the sheer will of his presence. At one time, Amitabh was known as a one man industry. During his time, you practically needed nothing to have his film succeed at the box office, neither a good director,nor a good heroine, nor a good story, nor good music...his presence was enough to carry the film through.It never happened before him. Shammi Kapoor and Dev Anand either had terrific music or gripping storylines to fall back upon......Amitabh had neither - and yet he carried the film from beginning to the end all by himself and the film would be a definite hit. If you see a film like lawaris today and replace Amit with any other actor, all you would have is a very mediocre film with nothing really remarkable about it. Same is the case with films like Suhag or Sharabi or Khoon pasina. These films were all superhit because of Amitabh alone,else they had little else to offer. Films with similar storylines but with other actors bombed big time at the box office. Some of the super duper hits were that way becasue Amitabh made what they were. Zanjeer is an out an out Amitabh film, and inspite of umpteenth number of revenge sagas that followed it, Zanjeer stays special. Who can better Amit as the silent man fighting the system, silently in love, passionate to the point of madness and conveying steel simply by his eyes. All because that man could make you laugh like crazy till you teared in your eye, make you cry like a baby, fight like a demon, scheme like a villain, romance like a majnu and his passion was such that he would simply look at the heroine and the screen was ready to erupt into flames. There is no match to what that single man acheived in this indutry. Hindi film industry has had much better actors than Amitabh in reality, but all of them lack that one factor that this man has - a magnificent screen persona paralleled to none, coupled with some fantastic acting talent.

Abhishek does not have even 50% of what it takes to carry a film on his shoulder alone as of now. He still needs a good director, a solid story line, good co actors to make a film special. he certainely outshone Amitabh in Sarrkar. But that was because RGV made the film that way. I feel Abhi is a great actor, looks great, has a phenomenal screen presence, but has a long way to go before he is ready to generate even the 50% of the craze his dad generated in his time, and astonishingly does, even now !
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I cant copare Big B to AB, I mean, Big B has so much more experience then AB. AB really suprised me in KANK, I can say that he did better then Shah Rukh, even though his role was so limited. If you compare Amitab in the old days to Abhishek now-a-days, i'd have to say Abhishek is better. Give Abhi sum years in the business, he'll do better then everyone else in the market, then and now
momena_92 thumbnail
ihz kinda hard to say....cuz amitabh has been working inda industry for more den 30-40 years or so.....

n abhishek is just a begginer...well we'll hav to seee...later on inda moviez to say wich is better !!!!
cant sai now...
for now i think...
JAISA BAAP WAISA BETA !!!!!!!!! 😉
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well i think that there's no comarparision with Big B and abhi..both are well reputated in their acting, dancing, singing, and social life. It is hard to say which one is better cuz Big B is senior, a 3 time national award winner and just is wonderful. on the other side, abhi is a newcomer/freshman and he has yet to learn the ways of bollywood. abhi is an excellent actor without a doubt. as me being a big b and abhi die-heart fan, it's just really hard to say which is better than the other. but since we have give an answer, i would say big b cuz he is better actaully the best at bollywood..i would say the GOD OF CINEMA...where as abhi would be the PRINCE OF CINEMA..so it's hard to say but i would say big b...
dudeman thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan is way better! That's all I have to say! He is a legend!
stonecold18 thumbnail
Amitabh is a legend and a fine actor...at this age he's still famous. Abhishek is amitabh's son but he has no talent of his dad....but one thing I can't say anything yet, he has long way to prove.
Treasures thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
tough question...both are sooooo good.....beta baap pe he gaya hai 😉 Edited by Treasures - 17 years ago
Sukanti thumbnail
Pls..do not compare the two or rather its not fair to compare anyone with amitabh!both of them is the best
Big B have sucess of 100%and Abhishek as 80%
Give Abhi sum years in the business to sucess.
😉
simply paagal thumbnail
as amitabh had said,hum actors kisi aur actor pe haawi hone ya use maar daalne ko nahi kaam karte.hum apne kirdaar ko nibhaane ke liye kaam karte hain.agar audience aisa sochti hai ki koi kisi pe haawi ho gaya,ya kha gaya,to main kahoonga us udience ko film dekhne ki samajh hi nahi hai.

i think it says exactly my view.even b4 amitabh said this,but now i hav amitabh supporting me 😛 😆
dynamic diya thumbnail
It is not right to compare between a father and son like Big B and Abhishek. Big B is the star of the millenium, he is a super duper star and as for Abhishek, he has just entered superstardom. It will be unfare to compare them because they have differences of almost 1-2 generations.