Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
Wow, what a topic... !!! I was away on a vacation, came back yesterday.. From yesterday, my hands have been itching to post my thoughts here, but i managed to squeeze in time only now... So here are my thoughts....

There is no way in which we can compare BigB's achievements with that of Abhy... He is now standing at the beginning of the road and has to walk a long way to reach where his father stands...

I am not putting down Abhy as an actor here, he is surely one of my favorite actors now... He has improved from film to film... Now i would say that he ave wonderful performances in Sarkar and KANK... He was fabulous and i must admit that he has now learnt the art of acting the hard way...

Infact, a person like BigB had to climb up the ladder thro the toughest route possible... Everone today is so fond of and envious about his superb, authoritative voice.. But do u all know that he was rejected by All India Radio when he wanted to join that? He had a string of flops(just like Abhy)in the beginning of his career. But he managed to get up from that and climb up the ladder of success all by himself, courtesy his tremendous capability as an actor...

I can today say that i have not missed seeing even ONE SINGLE Big B movie....  have seen them all, whether it was a flop or a hit or a blockbuster.... 😳 He is such a versatile actor that whatever he does, he just steals the show .... He is just amazing. I think i will not get a word in English Dictionary to describe how good an actor he is... He is above everything and probably the best the world has seen...

Whether it be "angry Young man " roles in  Zanjeer, Deewar, Shakti, Lawaris , or whether it be out and out romantic superhits like Kabhi Kabhie , Silsila, he was just SUPERB... The superb facial expressions , the sensitivtiy he gave to the roles were just outstanding... He has tried umpteen number of roles, and one thing he has achieved in his actign career is his VERSATALITY.... I just cannot forget his performances in many many films of his... But i do agree that he was not given lots of scope and he had not got enough meaty roles to show the world what he is...

But that too is slowly getting wiped off now.. See him in BLACK, see him in Sarkaar, see him in Waqt, see him in KANK, see him in Baghban..... The range is just goig on increasing and he still remains the BEST.... As Laksh said here, i am eager to see him in Nishabd where he plays a man in the sunset of his life, who falls in love with a 18 year old girl.... So whether it be this role in Nishabd or the Sexy Sam role in KANK, a role is a role... What needs to be seen here is the ability of an actor to do such contrast kind of roles and still emerge out as a winner.... This is Big B for you al!!!👏

Now talking about Abhy, he is a real "Kid" in front of his Pa... But i would love to show you all the similarities in the careers of Big B and Abhy... Big B had a string of flops, so did Abhy... Big B slowly made a path for himself, he then got to be recognised by one and all... Abhy is now trying to find his way out, he is surely moving ahead in his goal to success... So i would only wish that Abhishek just moves on and on as an actor, make his Pa proud of his achievements... Today, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that "Big B is the GOD of Acting" . There is no doubt that Abhy has a long way to go to come near his father... But, having said this, it will be nice to see Abhy trying to come close to his father's achievements and make his father's head higher... I am sure that Amitabh will love to see his son reach the "Success" he has attained in life... It will surely be a "Dream Come true" for Big B if Abhy could match atleast half of what he was....
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sree

It will surely be a "Dream Come true" for Big B if Abhy could match atleast half of what he was....

That is exactly what I feel sree...Abhi has some qualities of his own plus some from his father and mom...But he lacks that charm Mr.Bachchan used to exert at 70's and 80's and the extra charm he exerts at this age of 63~!!! And that complete perfection in acting...

Abhi is jus a kid in front of AB...U cant compare HIMALAYAS WTIH ANY SMALLER MOUNTAIN...can u??? Ab is like the ultimate...the Himalayas of Bollywood...

I hope he gets at least half the fame of his father...mea beta haina?😆

amitji should find a place in the oxford dicionary with the meaning of:THE BEST OF ALL!!!😉😳

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
epurveyor thumbnail
Both have their own charm and individuality. Hence, they are incomparable.

Get the latest buzz about the Bachchans at:http://www.blogcharm.com/bollywoodsizzlers
lil.thug thumbnail
shahid..kapoor..websyt..pls..visit
www.shahid-ai.piczo.com
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Finally I got time to post here 😃

Abhishek Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan cannot be compared. This is because in the eyes of the industry Abhishek is just starting even though she has several hits shes still beginning where Amitabh Bachchan has exeriance of many decades and is still producing hits after hits.

Its just wrong to compare father and son looking at their position in bollywood. I agree with Kirti Di, " Like Father, Like Son" It's true, most sons take the place of the father, weather its career, habits etc.

I am sure Abhishek will reach heights like his father because he truly is talents and very cute looking. Like his father he will become someone big. He will be reconised in the Bollywood industry just like his father. Abhishek needs to polish his acting skills a bit more and he's there.

I honestly cant choose between them because both have strengths and weaknesses. Their both great and bad in there own ways. All I can say is Bachchan's Rock..!!
sapnokirani24 thumbnail
you really cant compare the two. they are both really good actors at their levels. amitabh bachchan is a legend that has had so many highs recently that i dont think any one can do that. amitji is such a talkented actor no doubt but for his older age he is just finominal.

As for abhi he just came into the bollywood industry...everyones career starts out a little bit shaky but now abhi has improved sooo much that one day i know he will follow in the steps of his father and fulfill everyones expectaitons.

my fav is abhi but it depends on the age groups ur asking but over all i loveeeee abhishek 😳
*Sweet_Ishu* thumbnail
IT IS REALLY HARD TO DECIDE......

IN ONE HAND.. THE LEGENDARY AMITABH BACHCHAN.. OMG! THE BEST ACTOR IN INDIAN CINEMA...

AND ON THE OTHER.... THE CUTE, HANDSOME ABHISHEK.... WHO DRIVES ME CRAZY........

BUT I PRERFER ABHI CAUSE ACCORDING TO OUR GENERATION, HE IS SUPERV BUT I DON'T SAY THAT AMITABH IS BAD.....
AND ONE MORE THING........ I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION..... THAT

AMITABH IS THE FATHER OF ABHISHEK AND ABHISHEK IS THE SON... SIMPLE!!!
neelsang thumbnail
hey thanks its niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
wazup thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
can't compair... both of them r good in their places
zestinkiest thumbnail
In an ideal world we would be able to have both. But since this world is far from ideal i'll take the available one 😉

In terms of profesional accomplishments let's wait till Abhi-baby does about 10% of the volume of work his father did and then we can begin an attempt at comparison.