Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
[quote=mQT]LOL.. that's true. i need to read all this. my female boss has ruined my faith in women   I pretty much vowed never to work for a woman again.. [/quote]

🀣

I wonder the same applies for Men bosses πŸ˜† Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Eggy is right to an extend. But it is not as common as before because of new Hindu laws established in 1975 or so. Women still have equal status but the society is corrupted like any other. Still matriarchal society has a strong hand in making Kerala a literate state and giving more power to women.

The new Hindu laws gave equal rights to both male and female members of a family regarding property. Earlier right of property belonged mainly to the women and daughters, their children, and granddaughters children were each entitled to a share of the property whereas for men only the son could claim a share.

Take another case the Khasi, Garo and Jayantiya tribes from Meghalaya. They are matrilineal and the males in that society feel equally stifled as any other female in a strictly patriarchal society.

there would be another set of problems different from what they r now but there would be problems.

it would be a better place to live? cant say.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

While we are at it, here's something from  my personal collection.Add a career to the picture and it makes it rosier.😊

A man was complaining: Oh Lord, please have mercy on me, I work so hard, meantime my wife
stays at home. I would give anything if you would grant me one wish, "switch me into my wife." She's got it easy at home. I want to teach her a lesson of how tough a man's life
is.
As God was listening he felt sorry for this soul and granted his wish. Next morning the "new
woman" wakes up at dawn, makes lunch boxes,prepares breakfast,wakes up the kids for school, puts a load of clothes in the washer, takes the meat out of the freezer, drives the kids to school, on his way back stops at the gas station, cashes a check, pays the electricity and phone bills, picks up some clothes from the cleaners, and then quickly goes to the market. It was 1:00 o'clock already, he made the beds, took the clothes out of the washer and put another load in. He vacuumed the house,made some rice, went to pick up the kids from school, and had an argument with the kids. As soon as he got home he fed the kids, washed the dirty dishes, he hung the damp clothes he had washed on the chairs because it was raining outside, he helped the kids with their homework,watched some TV while he ironed some clothes,prepared dinner,he gave the kids a bath and put them to sleep. At 9:00o'clock he was so tired and he went to bed. Of course there was some more duties, like the mattress mambo,and somehow he managed to get that done and finally fell asleep.
The next morning he prays to God once again: "Oh Lord, what was I thinking when I asked you to grant my wish?" I can't take it anymore. I beg you please switch me back to myself, please oh please."
Then he heard God's voice speaking to him, saying:"Dear son, of course I'll switch you back to yourself but there's one minor detail, you will have to wait 9 monthsbecause last night you got pregnant."

πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

yes yaar. world would be better off if it was run by women. i could then put my feet up while they went about earning that daily bread, then shopping for it, and later making toast outa it πŸ˜›   πŸ˜†

why try to solve problems when u can get others to do it, no? πŸ˜‰
MNMS thumbnail
[quote=Tania]Then he heard God's voice speaking to him, saying:"Dear son, of course I'll switch you back to yourself but there's one minor detail, you will have to wait 9 months because last night you got pregnant."
[/quote]

🀣

I think now he will fully experiance how it is like to be a woman πŸ˜› Poor guy πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: souro

The new Hindu laws gave equal rights to both male and female members of a family regarding property. Earlier right of property belonged mainly to the women and daughters, their children, and granddaughters children were each entitled to a share of the property whereas for men only the son could claim a share.

Take another case the Khasi, Garo and Jayantiya tribes from Meghalaya. They are matrilineal and the males in that society feel equally stifled as any other female in a strictly patriarchal society.

Matriarchal society of Kerala is not like matrilineal society. It is unique. Even though there were all powers for women, the main member of the household was lady's brother. That is in every Nair/Menon household the Uncle (Mamaji) used tot rule. So he took care of all his siblings very well. There were families who used to adopt Uncle last name instead of father's. It didn't matter much because last name would be caste name which is Nair/Menon/Nambiar etc. Even though there were changes in Hindu laws people still do respect this and you can see the equality in men and women in Kerala and literate women compared to any other state.

When we say a power shift it always necessarily doesn't mean stifling the other gender. There could also be a balance. So world should be run by deserving people it doesn't matter to which gender they belong.

[quote=Tania]Then he heard God's voice speaking to him, saying:"Dear son, of course I'll switch you back to yourself but there's one minor detail, you will have to wait 9 months because last night you got pregnant."
[/quote]

Tania, What a wonderful morning! 🀣

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maya_M

When we say a power shift it always necessarily doesn't mean stifling the other gender. There could also be a balance. So world should be run by deserving people it doesn't matter to which gender they belong.

I was answering to the question originally posted, 'whether the world would have been a better place if ruled by women'. I wanted to point out even if it were ruled by women the same set of problems would have existed only the gender who would have felt oppressed comparatively would have changed. Right now the women fight for equality and freedom and it is called feminism, in the opposite case it would be the men fighting and their fight would have been branded as male chauvinism or something.

@Souro: The underlined statement was not a reply to your postπŸ˜›. It was a conclusion for the main topic. I added it to my reply to your post to avoid making another new post😳. That is why I highlighted it.