Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

ROTFLMAO..  can i add shopping to that?

actually if retailers dont have a sale and clearance every day of the week that would amount to human rights violation...😆😆

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

Politicians are all the same, Male or Female, Gandi nali ke kede

😆

*Jaya* thumbnail
Women ruling the world, will not really make it a better place as power plays havoc with men and women alike... and also, the dirty rules of the game have been laid very strong from much earlier in the man made world, which would be difficult for anyone to change it!

Ideally, the world will be nice place if we had equal rights, equal rules and equal say for all.. and All means men and women, rich and poor, the fair and the dark... all of them... but that still seems to be a distant reality!
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
IMO it would be same bcos as some of the earlier posts said power can corrupt anyone.
Secondly if women as leaders could have done better then why are the matrilineal/matriarchal societies so poorly developed or not developed at all. Edited by souro - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

IMO it would be same bcos as some of the earlier posts said power can corrupt anyone.
Secondly if women as leaders could have done better then why are the matrilineal/matriarchal societies so poorly developed or not developed at all.

hmmm
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago

There was a time when Upper class Nair/Menon families in Kerala followed Matriarchy. Women used to stay in her house even after marriage. There was no bride burning, dowry or social evils in the society. Widows were even remarried. Matriarchal society has been the foundation for encouragement of women in Kerala and that is evident from the literacy rate in the state.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

There was a time when Upper class Nair/Menon families in Kerala followed Matriarchy. Women used to stay in her house even after marriage. There was no bride burning, dowry or social evils in the society. Widows were even remarried. Matriarchal society has been the foundation for encouragement of women in Kerala and that is evident from the literacy rate in the state.

wow.. that is so good to know!  any particular reason why it doesn't happen anymore?  just curious. 

Originally posted by: egghatcher

maya may correct me .....but i believe that is still very much prevalent ...... and hats off to them..... thanks mainly to self injected sense of discipline and low key presence they truly have the capability to produce brilliant scholars in any given field

Eggy is right to an extend. But it is not as common as before because of new Hindu laws established in 1975 or so. Women still have equal status but the society is corrupted like any other. Still matriarchal society has a strong hand in making Kerala a literate state and giving more power to women.

Look at the replies here. Hilarious!😆 http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070121125146AA ryKlw&show=7

"The world IS run by women!!! We're the ones who get the men up & ready for the day. Without us to get them started, blokes wouldn't have a chance in the world - we'd leave them sleeping off their hangovers, & get it done ourselves. "😆

mermaid_QT thumbnail
LOL.. that's true. i need to read all this. my female boss has ruined my faith in women 🤢 🤢 I pretty much vowed never to work for a woman again.. 😆