Rangrasiya

Once again female lead's pain ignored? NAH NOT AT ALL!

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Well while watching and later rewatching what struck me was that today they showed two stories...

And out of the 2 the little boy's side of the story was just too intense and somehow it touched a code with the heart more...

I am sure that by the end of it, ,most of u were mostly sympathizing with the little boy, because little Paro seemed to have recovered quite well in the latter parts.. She seemed a normal, quite well adjusted little girl, who has overcome the bitterness of the incident.. who seemed sad, but showed stirring of life within her..
While Rudra was shown to be stewing in his bitterness and hopelessness...so while our hearts were lightened by Paro's selfless spirit, we were less moved to sympathize with her as opposed to the little Rudra... RIGHT?

AND this made me wonder for a moment, is this another IPK where the female's pain will be lessened, simply cz she seems to have moved on ahead of it.. will they ignore it, showing a happy side only?

BUT then i realized that it was not at all so..

let's see, from the entire set of scenes we saw of little Paro today I am sure the one that dissolved us to tears was the one where at the cremation of her parents she is crying out telling them to stop saying her maa and babbuji will get burnt, that they will get hurt.. She screamed for them to be saved when she realized that they had set the bodies on fire... She did NOT realize that she had already lost them by that point, she thought she lost them ONLY once the fire was lit..
AND now comes the continuation...

See the beauty of it.. For Paro the horror of that day is signified by 2 things.. the reference to BSD AND the fire that took away her parents. She is not aware what BSD is, but she knows that somewhere they were responsible.
BUT still she is too young, unlike little Rudra to understand what death really is.

her question from her mama 'what do u mean by they are simply bodies?' and that its not her parents. She didn't understand this at all.. BUT she saw the bodies being cremated, and all she understood was that fire was what destroyed her parents.. it was the fire that took them away from her..
She doesn't identify which of the BSD did it, she doesn't have individual names.. but she knows that they were the reason her parents were burned..

So now the ending of the 1st episode comes in to play..

We got enough spoilers to discern without a doubt that its Paro's dream. So she dreams of a nameless, faceless BSD officer...AND she sees him setting a ring of fire around her, hurting her...just like they hurt her parents...

And this is where the otherwise effervescent almost normal seeming Paro is affected from the tragedy that made her an orphan...

I was delighted once I realized this! Finally this PH is going to explore both ends of the characters.. they will explore the imprints both tragedies left on each one of them.. Not just one single side and ignore the other side of it!

Yeh! So looking forward to it!! ⭐️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I like the the you put it together, well said. Both of them had an awful childhood.
sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well put πŸ‘πŸΌ
Loved  young Paro and Rudra...each touched by tragedy at a tender age.
 Well portrayed by child actors πŸ‘
Looking forward to the unfolding story. πŸ˜Š
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hello princess...my old IPK fellow member...so good to see everyone here...I  loved the way you have put it down...every individual reacts to loss in a very different way. Here Rudra has been abandoned by his own mother most probably for another man ( we don't know the whole story) and Paro lost her parents at the hands of the BSD ( it's really confusing because why Would they just attack innocent villagers if they are protecting the border). It's very ironical here because Paro hates the BSD because they were responsible for her parent's death and Rudra despises beautiful women because his mother left him and due to that his father has embedded some very strong feelings in him.
I an loving this. 

Priyanka
Edited by Rupunzale - 10 years ago
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good analysis Sunara. You laid the points very well and brought out the underlying nuances. Yes, I too will be happy if they explore both the lead's pain and ways of dealing with. Both are scarred by tragedy. Sanaya too said that her character has various shades and lots of ups and downs and emotions.
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: showviewer

Good analysis Sunara. You laid the points very well and brought out the underlying nuances. Yes, I too will be happy if they explore both the lead's pain and ways of dealing with. Both are scarred by tragedy. Sanaya too said that her character has various shades and lots of ups and downs and emotions.

hi there...I am Priyanka...every individual reacts to pain in a different way... It seems like little Paro did adapt to it but deep down she is hurting...Rudra was abandoned by his mother ...most probably for another man...it's very likely that he will never believe in love or relationship. 
-Nashita- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Wow I actually hadn't thought of that before you mentioned it! But I guess it does make a huge difference that they added that dream sequence. And I'm glad. Now that I think about it, during IPKKND, Khushi's true emotions were undermined a lot. I remember after the forced marriage how her pain was completely demolished. I understand that she was the type to kind of hide her pain but hiding it, I think, was a mistake on the part of the PH. Without disclosing her true emotions, I think they partially failed to truly explore the depths of Khushi's character, a character that may have had more potential then Arnav. Regardless of that I loved IPKKND. But I'm really glad that they're working with that on this show! Great post btw! πŸ˜ƒ And sorry for mumbling about a bunch of stuff that probably makes no sense. πŸ˜›
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Rupunzale

hi there...I am Priyanka...every individual reacts to pain in a different way... It seems like little Paro did adapt to it but deep down she is hurting...Rudra was abandoned by his mother ...most probably for another man...it's very likely that he will never believe in love or relationship. 

Very true Priyanka. The circumstances which surrounded them after tragedy and the support networks they had also impacted who they became, apart from individual temperaments. Despite being a loner, Rudra accepted the doll and struggled with a smile, that showed despite the harsh and aggressive exterior somewhere inside he seeks love, understanding and a healing touch. Paro on the other hand has the ability to rise above her own fears and pain and reach out to others.
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wow Sunara - just saw the episode - wow is all i can say and yes pain comes out in different ways with people - as you said Rudra's damaged soul is plain to see, whereas Paro's is currently more hidden - but no one has dreams like this if they are alright - fire and BSD obviously terrifies her.
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It was a dream😲 I didn't know because I avoided spoilers like the plague. Phew, at least it makes sense now because I couldn't understand why Rudra would set a ring of fire around Paro. There can be no greater acknowledgement of Paro's pain than nightmares. She seems to be a well adjusted happy girl because she was brought up in a loving environment where she could just be a kid but obviously the deep seated pain that's hidden away in her sub concious mind surfaces when her concious mind is asleep. Wow, what an awesome way to capture the depth of her anguish. Rudra's pain was fanned by his father's own anger and so for him it's a part of his persona. I'm so glad that Paro's pain is not going to be  hidden away for the audience to have to figure out. Episode 1 rocked!!!