Is Krishna an avatar of lord vishnu or vishnu is an avatar of krishna?

TheWatcher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I know many people will be like " what is he saying bla bla bla" but i read this somewhere that few people believe that Vishnu was an avatar of Krishna  ,as 90% of people believe that Krishna is an avatar of lord Vishnu but still why do those people think that way .

I read somewhere that there are people who consider Krishna as the supreme being and the source of all the Dash-avatar

Like everyone else i also believe that Krishna was an avatar of lord Vishnu.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheWatcher

I know many people will be like " what is he saying bla bla bla" but i read this somewhere that few people believe that Vishnu was an avatar of Krishna  ,as 90% of people believe that Krishna is an avatar of lord Vishnu but still why do those people think that way .

I read somewhere that there are people who consider Krishna as the supreme being and the source of all the Dash-avatar

Like everyone else i also believe that Krishna was an avatar of lord Vishnu.

People who are from ISCON might think it this way but Krishna took Vishwa Aftar of Vishnu and Vishnu and Shiv are the Gods bhagwan rest are dev including Brahma and out of those two Shiv is mahadev Gods of All gods and besides he is none other then a part od supreme being adi shakti she is the one who is the supreme being she is the one who started the creation and divided herself into half ishwar and ishwari Ishwari adi shakti and Ishwar Rudra dev
But Vaishnavites think Vishnu is greater God but shivites consider Mahadev to be greater god and actually Mahadev has alwasy been there even that is why he appreared in front of both Vishnu and brahma as a fire pillar.

So Krishna is just a reincarnation of Vishnu into human form but since he came down to earth to protect huamns that is why he is worshipped more then Vishnu I mean there are more Krishna temples
krsna17 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
These kind of very very important topics should not be discussed in forums like this. because, its a forum where loads of materialistic things are being discussed.we can talk about mahabharath in this because it has some people like dhritrastra,duryodan,sakuni etc... but for topics like this should not be discussed here. please go to a spiritual master and ask ur doubts to him, he will definitely clarify your doubts.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Among the Human avataras of Vishunuji, Ram & Krishna are more popular.
Ram avatar had 12 Kalas, was Maryada Purushottam. His Krishna avatar had 16 Kalas, that's why he is called Purna Purushottam. He could perform many tasks a normal Human can not because of these 16 Kalas.
THE SIXTEEN KALAS

Five Kalas like 1) Anna Maya (with cereals), 2) Pranamaya (with breath), 3) Mano Maya (with mind), 4) Vigyanamaya (with knowledge) and 5) Anandamaya (with joy) are present in every human being. With little effort, humans can perfect in three more kalas - 6) Atishayini, (With Peace) 7) Viparinabhimi (With Love) and 8) Sankramini. (With Creator) The other remaining eight Kalas are 9) Prabhvi. 10) Kunthini, 11) Vikasini, 12) Maryadini, 16) Sanhaladini, 14) Ahladini,1 5) Paripurna and 16) Swarupavasthit :

Anybody who has the ninth Kala besides the first five natural Kalas and next three perfected Kalas, becomes the god. As per scriptures, the ninth kalas Prabhvi means : KARTUM AKARTUM, that is able to do seemingly impossible tasks. Lord Narasinh is an example of this ninth Kala. Lord Narasinh has an altogether different appearance. He had a body of human and head of a lion. He appeared from a stone pillar that demon Hiranyakashipu had broken with a blow of his mace. It is not possible for an ordinary human being, only a God, having the ninth Kala Prabhvi, can do this. Among all these incarnations, only Lord Krishna is full of all the sixteen Kalas.

In this scriptural appearance Lord Krishna holds nothing but only a seemingly ordinary flute. Now it is up to the devotees to interpret the meaning of flute with their own view. Even the flute of Lord Krishna is full of all the Kalas and is a symbol of love. In his entire life. Lord Krishna only once raised a weapon, that to in the form of wheel during the battle of Mahabharata, to protect the vow of Pitamaha Bheeshma. Otherwise, only the flute was everything for him. Like a magic stick the flute accompanied Lord Krishna all through his life. With the enchanting tone of the flute, Lord Krishna hypnotized the world.

Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago
rasyafan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Among the Human avataras of Vishunuji, Ram & Krishna are more popular.
Ram avatar had 12 Kalas, was Maryada Purushottam. His Krishna avatar had 16 Kalas, that's why he is called Purna Purushottam. He could perform many tasks a normal Human can not because of these 16 Kalas.
THE SIXTEEN KALAS

Five Kalas like 1) Anna Maya (with cereals), 2) Pranamaya (with breath), 3) Mano Maya (with mind), 4) Vigyanamaya (with knowledge) and 5) Anandamaya (with joy) are present in every human being. With little effort, humans can perfect in three more kalas - 6) Atishayini, (With Peace) 7) Viparinabhimi (With Love) and 8) Sankramini. (With Creator) The other remaining eight Kalas are 9) Prabhvi. 10) Kunthini, 11) Vikasini, 12) Maryadini, 16) Sanhaladini, 14) Ahladini,1 5) Paripurna and 16) Swarupavasthit :

Anybody who has the ninth Kala besides the first five natural Kalas and next three perfected Kalas, becomes the god. As per scriptures, the ninth kalas Prabhvi means : KARTUM AKARTUM, that is able to do seemingly impossible tasks. Lord Narasinh is an example of this ninth Kala. Lord Narasinh has an altogether different appearance. He had a body of human and head of a lion. He appeared from a stone pillar that demon Hiranyakashipu had broken with a blow of his mace. It is not possible for an ordinary human being, only a God, having the ninth Kala Prabhvi, can do this. Among all these incarnations, only Lord Krishna is full of all the sixteen Kalas.

In this scriptural appearance Lord Krishna holds nothing but only a seemingly ordinary flute. Now it is up to the devotees to interpret the meaning of flute with their own view. Even the flute of Lord Krishna is full of all the Kalas and is a symbol of love. In his entire life. Lord Krishna only once raised a weapon, that to in the form of wheel during the battle of Mahabharata, to protect the vow of Pitamaha Bheeshma. Otherwise, only the flute was everything for him. Like a magic stick the flute accompanied Lord Krishna all through his life. With the enchanting tone of the flute, Lord Krishna hypnotized the world.

true I have heard about thses 16 kalas not even shiv have those and I think Devi adi shakti has either 16 or 10 kals human have 8 kalas someone did tell me about these or may be I read somewhere

Humans have those kalas thru which he attains divinity I guess to see god or something

but didn't he gave his flute to radha rani and never ever he used it again????
Edited by rasyafan - 10 years ago
Rihan05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lord Krishna is supreme personality of God head, he is the Ultimate!! 
Lord Vishnu is part  of Lord Krishna!!
mnx12 thumbnail
@rasyafan, Lord Shiv is Mahayogi, he has all the 16 Kalas & much more, that's why he is Vairagi as well as a Sanasarik. He can be in his Samadhi mode at the same time is aware of things going on around him. Even Aadi Shakti has same the state as Shivji. Infact she is the Kinetic Energy, so needs to have much more extra qualities then these 16 Kalas. 
Krishna was born with 16 Kalas, that's why he could do a lot, a normal Human can not even think of.
He is known as Yogeshwar because of these special Kalas. Which can be achieved by even a Human through Yoga.
Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago
TheWatcher thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rihan05

Lord Krishna is supreme personality of God head, he is the Ultimate!! 

Lord Vishnu is part  of Lord Krishna!!

I dis-agree.
mnx12 thumbnail
About his flute it's mentioned him never using it. But some shows about Krishna has shown him playing flute for Rukmini, so I am not sure if the same is shown here. Though in his initial promo, Krishna was shown playing flute.
TheWatcher thumbnail

Originally posted by: rasyafan

People who are from ISCON might think it this way but Krishna took Vishwa Aftar of Vishnu and Vishnu and Shiv are the Gods bhagwan rest are dev including Brahma and out of those two Shiv is mahadev Gods of All gods and besides he is none other then a part od supreme being adi shakti she is the one who is the supreme being she is the one who started the creation and divided herself into half ishwar and ishwari Ishwari adi shakti and Ishwar Rudra dev
But Vaishnavites think Vishnu is greater God but shivites consider Mahadev to be greater god and actually Mahadev has always been there even that is why he appreared in front of both Vishnu and brahma as a fire pillar.

So Krishna is just a reincarnation of Vishnu into human form but since he came down to earth to protect huamns that is why he is worshiped more then Vishnu I mean there are more Krishna temples

Though i agree with most of the things you wrote but I dis-agree with the  fact that adi-shakti created lord shiva and lord vishnu you just cant say yes u can say that people who believe in shaktism consider adi shakti is the supreme being like u said for shivites and vaishanvism.

I  have watched DKDM ( that serial started my curiosity in mythology ) and they showed us that shiva worships vishnu and vishnu worships shiva there is no competition of being the supreme here between these 3 Shiva,Vishnu,Adi-shakti.
Edited by TheWatcher - 10 years ago