KJo shelves Punit Malhotra's next with Akshay Kumar

.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Box Office Capsule @boxofficecapsul

#BOCapsule @karanjohar Shelves @akshaykumar Starrer Punit's #Gutka Post Debacle Of GTPM. Read the complete story " http://ow.ly/rxxVg

Karan Shelves Akshay Starrer Punit's GUTKA Post Debacle Of GTPM

View Image in Large Size
Apparently, Akshay Kumar has said no to doing Karan Johar's 'Gutka' after listening to the narration

Saturday, 7th December 02:00 PM IST

Apparently, Akshay Kumar has said no to doing Karan Johar's 'Gutka' after listening to the narration. As per reports, Akshay was expecting more from the final draft of the script.

A close source revealed - "When the idea had been sketched out to him, Akshay had really liked it and had asked Karan to develop it. He was looking forward to hear the full script. But when Karan narrated the final version it didn't match up to how he had visualised it. So Akshay told Karan to drop the idea of Gutka and work on something else."

Gutka was supposed to be directed by Punit Malhotra and was reportedly based on a leading gutka baron.

As per inside sources close to development, GTPM debacle made all this happen. Sources also suggest that Akshay could not gather the courage after flop show of 'BOSS' and 'OUATIMD' to work with another director who just delivered a disaster in GTPM.

Meanwhile, Karan was also not keen to give another big film to Punit after watching the fate of GTPM.

Both Karan and Akshay have not commented on this news thus far.

🥳🥳🥳

As an Akshay fangirl I couldn't be happier, this means one less masala potboiler in Akshay's lineup!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DianaPrince thumbnail
Meanwhile, Karan was also not keen to give another big film to Punit after watching the fate of GTPM.

FINALLY!!!🥳
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

FINALLY!!!🥳

😆 I agree!
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Poor guy Punit. He hasn't tweeted ever since GTPM released. Hope he's taking it well and hope he can bounce back.
ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Ab ye to hona hi tha..!!
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
bt he still got 4 films lined up 4 2014!!!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

FINALLY!!!🥳

Poor Punit and Imran...both are almost over. I wish someone realized the max responsibility of the failure of GTPM goes to Kareena who forcibly made her way into the movie after getting Parineeti kicked out.
Storybrooke thumbnail
Totally understand where Akshay's coming from. I was surprised that OUATIMD didn't work. Best for him to play it safe until the next hit.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
GTPM was still better than the rubbish Akshay has done this year like Boss. I feel bad for Puneet because if this film was released at a better time, it would have at least done average. I hope he recovers from this. 
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I almost felt sorry for Punit while reading this, but then I remembered that he should have used his brain while making the movie. Must be horrible having Karan as your boss.