I-Fs Idol Contest Winners

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello Everyone, and welcome to the

IF IDOL'S CONTEST WINNER AWARD 2013 !

Now after a long delay, we are finally here with the feedback from the judges as well as the most awaited results!

We received 18 wonderful entries, and each one of them gave the judges a pretty tough and difficult task to evaluate them.

Our judges panel, consisting of none other than our former admin Priya Nair, Gaganjot, Leadnitrate, Supercool3 and -Deepz-.

Thank you judges for taking your precious time to evaluate .

We have two set of winners based on judged verdict (jury award) and I-Fians favorite (popular award).

Before we announce the judges verdict and winners, let's give all of them a big round of virtual claps.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by Aahaana - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Entry 1: -HJ-

Judge 1 :A very nice attempt. You were in sur and have great knowledge of music. Would have loved to hear a song from you.

Mark: 9/10

Judge 2:The only classical number for this competition and a really brave and good attempt. . I really liked the fact that this was even attempted to add more depth to the contest . There were some voice strain issues at the high notes and a little better breathing control would be needed to hold them so as to not sound off pitch . Very nice voice quality and I am sure a bollywood song would really been a breeze with such a nice tone quality.

Mark - 8/10

Judge 3 :Voice quality : very melodious & Apt for classical. Song selection: Took a risk to sing a classical song.Overall performance is good though it felt a bit strained during certain spots.

Mark - 8/10

Judge 4: Aag kamod. Selection is nice, classical. Singing style too simple, besur during aroha, and during tarana. Needs more rewaaz, while going to higher octaves, voice splitting, and loads of besur, needs more melody in voice and stamina to hold breath and much more practice. Voice not stable

Mark - 5/10

Judge 5: You definitely have strong classical knowledge and it shows through the confidence you evoke while singing. But I felt your performance lacked a soul, and that feel was somewhat missing. However, you have a good voice and your low notes are so clean. Your high notes seemed to be affected by your breathing but with more practice you can for sure improve that. A really good effort overall !

Mark : 7/10

Entry 2: -Anayah-

Judge 1: A very nice attempt. You were in sur and have great knowledge of music. Would have loved to hear a song from you.

Mark - 9/10

Judge 2: I really liked the voice and actually had to hear it multiple times as I could not catch off the bat a lot of the lyrics. It felt like you very nervous especially the starting of the song and hence the song was not that clear. And the song seemed to end so soon that it was really difficult to get a handle. Work needs to be done on singing without inhibition and clarity towards the lyrics.

Mark -7.5/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : good voice, though the length of the song seemed too short to judge versatility of the tones
Song selection: Suits your voice
Overall performance : The song felt abrupt and cut off , could have sung a bit more to give a smooth finish. Singer needs to be a bit more confident and sing louder . Great efforts for trying.

Mark - 7/10

Judge 4: Bollywood song selection, nice voice needs loads of practise, not holding tune, need more stamina sur kam.

Mark - 5.5/10

Judge 5: You have a nice voice and you notes were almost correct. But your singing could've been better as it seemed a bit unstable and lacked power at many places. I think you just need to be a bit more confident in your singing and it can bring out the best in you. Nice attempt!

Mark - 6/10

Entry 3: -sweetgal19-

Judge 1: Wonderful job and your voice quality is really good. You had music support, which made it all the more beautiful.

Mark - 10/10

Judge 2: I just can keep listening to you as its was really soothing and what an evergreen song. A velvet voice quality without a doubt. The only critique would be is to make sure that you don;t let the track over power your vocals . It results with your voice not being lucid for the listener across the entire song.

Mark - 9/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : smooth and husky. Song selection: Old but a beautiful song that was suited for her voice . Overall performance : Entry as a whole seemed very professional with acoustics, but BG Soundtrack seemed to overpower Vocals.

Mark - 8/10

Judge 4: Song selection : nice with karaoke, ajeeb dastan. Melodious voice, too much music hides flaws in singing.Almost professional singing.  During beginning of yeh roshni, slightly off the sur( melody) else excellent.

Judge 5: Your high notes were great and you have no difficulty when starting new lines/paras. You just need to work a bit more on the finishing, especially where there are low notes.

Mark - 8/10

Entry 4: nikki-SAS-holic

Judge 1: You have a wonderful voice. There were some really great parts that you took in the song. The sound quality was not clear due to the mike probably.

Mark 9/10

Judge 2 : This was a little difficult to judge due to the inaudibility. I feel that you have an interesting quality and you seemed to sing this effortlessly especially the high notes. Next time please play around with the mic positioning to make sure that your voice comes across clearly and loudly.

Mark - 8/10

Judge 3: Melodious and sweet , good modulation and easy transition between notes
Song selection: Good selection for her voice , almost seemed like listening to the original singers
overall performance : Good honest effort.

Mark 8/10

Judge 4: song selection: not suiting voice, for higher octaves. Going off tune, right when higher octaves start. Melodious voice, leaves off too soon.

Mark- 7/10

Judge 5: For a second I thought I was listening to the original song. However, some lines felt so long and others short and it felt like there were some issues with maintaining the tempo and rhythm. But with a bit more practice you can emerge as a good singer

Mark - 7.5/10

Entry 5: Visrom

Judge 1: Great job and nice voice, I think it would have been better without the music. There were some places where you went out of tune with the song.

Mark - 8/10

Judge 2: Brave song choice as lata and rafi songs are always masterpieces. To top it had my romantic hero Dev Anand and is one of the romantic numbers that we all remember. Good effort for sure. Would have loved for you to brought out the romance of the song and that would have surely lured the listener and taken the song to another level.

Mark -8/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : Very nice voice , sweet and melodious
Song selection: The lyrics & singing continuously in a stanza are such that singer needs to modulate a lot to bring out the expressions(naughtiness, cajoling)
Overall performance : Felt a bit off key at a couple of points. But great overall efforts

Mark -8/10

Judge 4: abhi na jao chod kar. Song selection: needed a more mature voice for this song.
karaoek fails to hide flaws of song.has stamina to continue for long, but voice looses the sur very soon, except for first 40 second , when it was a good start, everything else goes downhill.

Mark- 6/10

Judge 5: You have a lovely melodious voice and you can do wonders with it. But you just need to be a bit careful with your notes while singing as I felt you were a a bit off at many places.

Mark -6.5/10

Entry 6: Shone_Sanju

Judge 1: Great voice. You did a fantastic job. I think you could have put a little bit more emphasis on Tumhari filein line. Would have to see you modulate your voice since you did such a fantastic job.

Mark - 10/10

Judge 2: You have a nice soulful voice which is full of confidence . Took a current song and yet thanks to your tone quality you were able to make it your own. Loved the fact that you went for it without karaoke as the parts where you had to sing without catching a breath might not have been this powerful. Really enjoyed the simplicity of the song and like the way your vocals sounded in the second paragraph.

Mark - 9.5/10

Judge 3: voice quality : very clear and smooth voice. Song selection: Suited the husky tones the song requiredOverall performance : Very confident and controlled performance

Mark - 8./10

Judge 4 : Song selection nice. untrained singer it seems, has emotion in voice, proper diction, needs more training in holding the tune. Voice quaility is good

Mark- 7/10

Judge 5
: I love your style! Even though there was no music playing in the background, your sang so well that I didn't feel that void at all. You expressed the feelings so beautifully and it definitely felt like you put yourself into the song. Fabulous !

Mark-9/10

Cont below..

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Entry 7: Appy_indy-KD

Judge 1: Great attempt. This is a difficult song and you did justice to it. You were a bit off on the high notes, but nonetheless a great job. The audio quality was a bit off.

Mark-9/10

Judge 2: Real Versatility in this contest . An English one and that too the infamous Titanic track. You started and ended strong with a clear voice . The song builds as you start to finish and you kept up remarkably with the notes. It did seem to me you strained a little at one of the high notes but my heart still went on a ride with you.

Mark-8.5/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : Melodious . Song selection: Different from the rest
Overall performance : singer seemed to enjoy it. Very good performance.

Mark- 7/10

Judge 4
: My heart will go on: very bad selection for the singer
song seems forced, trying too hard to imitate celine's modulation and ending in besur.

Mark- 6/10

Judge 5: I felt the emotional feel here. The song itself evokes that type of emotion and your singing for sure enhanced it. But it sounded like you strained your voice a bit, especially near the end. Regardless, a good performance.

Mark-7/10

Entry 8: -celestial-

Judge 1: FANTASTIC! I had goosebumps! I felt like I was listening to a playback singer! Your voice texture has uniqueness to it.

Mark- 10/10

Judge 2: A really strong voice with a amazing range . For the most part you were in control of the big voice but there were parts that control was lost making it flat

Mark-9/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : Beautiful and melodious. Song selection: Tough song to sing , with all the high notes . Overall performance : excellent singing, good range & clarity.

Mark- 8/10

Judge 4 : Nice song selection,voice is a bit shrilly in the higher octaves, and also besur there
overall good voice quality, good voice modulation, need to control shrilly.

Mark- 8/10

Judge 5: A unique song choice and you've done justice to you no doubt. Some areas could've been a bit more subtle. But a good performance !

Mark- 8/10

Entry 9: dreamyDeepz28

Judge 1. You have a beautiful voice, however the audio quality was not up to the mark so could not make out the lyrics. You were a bit off on the high notes.

Mark-8/10

Judge 2: The karaoke track was overpowering the voice over here. The lyrics were so unclear and the peppiness that this song usually delivers was missing . There were times that you seem to go offbeat . The higher notes were not being hit for the most practice is required

Mark-7/10

Judge 3: Awara Bhaware. Voice quality : sweet but needs to throw up the voice a bit , Recording was not too good, could hear original soundtrack in the BG . Overall performance : Good attempt but needs practice and be confident .Should not be self conscious . Voice seem stifled most of the time. almost mumbling.

Mark-6/10

Judge 4 : Childish voice. the piano playing is nice. Needs to work more on voice modulation, breaks at higher notes, after first 1 minute, all keys go off note

Mark-6/10

Judge 5: I really couldn't make out your voice as it wasn't clear at all. But from what I heard, you have a sweet voice. You just need to push yourself even more and become a lot more confident.

Mark-5.5/10

Entry 10: Hebarun1

Judge 1: Keep working on your singing and I am sure you will improve. You were off sur and there wasn't a flow. Keep practicing.

Mark-7/10

Judge 2: A new song for me so i listened to the original too after listening to this song. You did a good job singing it in tune with notes flying a little off at times. Probably because i just heard the original and it being Rihanna her pain in the tone was still in my head i would have liked some emotion to come across in this song

Mark-8/10

Judge 3:  SONG - Love the way you lie. Voice quality : very melodious and husky , clear quality . Song selection: good selection of song..went well with voice.

Mark-8/10

Judge 4 . awara bhawre. Very less confident about singing, karaoke too loud. Voice is besur totally

Mark- 4.5/10

Judge 5: You know this song so well. It shows from your singing. However, you should work on the range when singing such songs where it requires to really open up your voice and not hold back at all. Also take into consideration the rhythm while singing.

Mark- 6/10 

Entry 11:siriuslysujal

Judge 1:Amazing! There were some parts you took in the song 00:10-00:25 absolutely blew me away.

Mark: 10/10

Judge 2:Another Saiyaan and what a rendition. This does not seem to be some amateur IFian but a really a professional singer .Loved the starting of the song where we got to hear your voice so clearly and it was spectacular. The way you sing the lower tones were really intriguing for such a high pitched song. The only critique is that i did hear some breath's being taken but that is so negligible to the justice you have done to this song.

Judge 3: Voice quality : Very well controlled voice and melodious, strong in high notes
Song selection: One of the best songs to choose, with all the range one can express
Overall performance : Well presented and good attempt.

Mark- 8/10

Judge 4 SONG - saiyyan . music karaoke nice. Voice is nice, melodious not out of key, except a bit here and there. but suppresses voice instead of singing fully (khulli gala), right modulation, excellent singing

Mark: 8.5/10

Judge 5: Quite a difficult song to sing, but you managed it exceedingly well!

Entry 12: -sanjana-

Judge 1: Love your voice texture. You have a great playback voice. Your transition from high to low notes could be a little bit better, but nonetheless great job.

Judge 2: Really "Hum judges mar jayenge" the rate at which all the singers are singing. Incredible again What a spectacular voice quality and perfect choice of song . I really enjoyed this song and felt it was actually on par with the original track.

Mark- 10/10

Judge 3: Voice quality : Very sweet and melodious . Song selection: Good selection . Almost seemed like original song. Overall performance : Used the karaoke acoustics well & very confident presentation

Mark: 8/10

Judge 4: Nice song selection, Voice quality is nice, if a bit shrill. good singing, sometimes going off note.

Mark: 7.5/10

Judge 5: Not an easy song to sing at all as the range varies and the octaves constantly change. But you sang so beautifully that I thought I was listening the the original!

Mark: 9.5/10

Cont below..
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Entry 13: charu21

Judge 1: Great voice and song choice. Please work on the transitions between lines. Ajeeb dastan hain yehhh (the yehh could have been extended longer) to flow to the next line.

Judge 2
: A good attempt of the song. A really sweet voice and the karaoke track over here was enhancing and not overpowering as it is the case a lot of times. The song did not seem to flow seamless and felt under rehearsed. With a little effort and practice you can go places.

Judge 3: Voice quality : Recording quality was not clear at times. Voice is sweet & strong
Song selection: Lovely song , suited the voice well.
overall performance : Needs to practice a bit more. Has potential to become a very good singer.

Mark: 7/10

Judge 4 Nice voice, melodious, goes off key in the beginning, and also in na samajh sakena hum overall good.

Judge 5
: I felt that your voice was kind of cracking, or maybe it was the quality of the recording. But it was quite distracting and it affected the output for sure. However, a good attempt at the song. Maybe some more confidence will definitely help.

Mark: 6.5/10

Entry 14: Myinspirations

Judge 1
You have a unique voice. You do a great job on the low notes. You did have some difficulties on the high notes.

Judge 2

Nice song choice . You have a good control over your voice and nice range. Space out the song so that your breathing does not end up being a factor. It seems like the high notes were affected due to this so a little attention to that should help to make the song sound effortless.

Judge 3: Voice quality : Sweet voice but a bit nasal . Song selection: A different song could have been chosen for the voice quality . Overall performance : off key and over stress in random places .

Judge 4: Strong voice with high range, stamina. Song selection is good, no karaoke but does not affect, has a nasal effect while singing

Mark: 8.8/10

Judge 5: Your low notes were fabulous. However, there was some strain in your voice while you were trying to reach the high notes. But you sang at a good pace, and you just need some more practice with the timed breathing.

Entry 15: Cutiepierani

Judge 1: Great voice and you took the alaap which most contestants did not. Great attempt. There were a few places where your voice could not hit the notes and went off sur.

Judge 2: Nice voice and clear tone and loud . You seemed to be a little off sur here and there. A little practice will help to be in control of the pitches.

Judge 3: Voice quality : Strong and melodious voice.  Song selection: Good song to show your command over high notes. Overall performance : BG and recording could have been more clear . Over all very good effort . More practice will improve you as a singer.

Judge 4: off key, off note, soft sweet voice

Mark: 6/10

Judge 5: You have a nice voice! You just need to slow down a bit and work on the rhythm. Sometimes it felt you were rushing, and sometimes you stressed on certain notes for too long. And due to this, certain lines sounded a bit off-scale, especially the main "sun raha hai na tu" line. But a good attempt regardless!

Mark: 6.5/10

Entry 16: sweetly_sour

Judge 1: Great voice and great choice of song. There were a few places where you went off tempo and off sur, but you picked up very well. You could have added harkat to the par aasmaan... I love how you transitioned to Jo bheji thi dua.

Judge 2: There is a nice mithas to your voice . Impact of the song was good although it seemed to get over fast. There was a little missed consistency on the rhythm and transitions.

Judge 3: Voice quality : clear and melodious. Song selection: well chosen to suit the voice
overall performance : Could have sung a bit more . Very good performance without any accompaniments

Judge 4: Starts well, then loses note, and becomes laclustre

Mark: 5/10

Judge 5. Your high notes were wonderfully rendered and you have no difficulty in touching those notes. The same can't be said about the low notes, especially the ones in the beginning. You'll just have to work on those 'cause you have a lovely voice!

Entry 17: .shayari.

Judge 1: Great attempt. I think you started off high so when you got to the really high notes you couldn't reach it. Maybe start off lower. Keep practicing you have a great voice.

Judge 2
: I am always for hearing the person's voice without the music especially when its popped up multiple times . You have such a nice tone quality but it needs some training. I am not sure if you were trying to give this song your own stamp with the stretching of the na but for me it seemed a little too stretched. Sometimes its better to leave some notes as is if not it ruins the song and make it sound offbeat . 

Judge 3: Voice quality : clear quality,sweet & Very good throw, but a bit strained at times. Song selection: Good song to suit the voice . Overall performance : Very good honest overall effort

Judge 4: Starts well, then loses note, and becomes lackluster

Mark: 5.5/10

Judge 5: An honest attempt this was. There was some issues with the rhythm as at many places the notes were sustained for too long than needed. You can probably try maintaining the tempo next time by keeping your own taal. And some work on the high notes will help for sure!

Entry 18: roshini1494

Judge 1: Great voice texture. You have a deep voice and you chose the right song to suit your voice quality. However the lower you went your voice went off a bit.

Judge 2

This song really was apt for your tone quality. The brassiness made the song unique and inturn enjoyable. At times it felt shaky and off track. You just need to work on fine tuning so the notes come out all polished and in place.

Judge 3: Voice quality : very melodious and good range , strong voice . Song selection: Different song than the usual . Overall performance : may be cause of the recording , voice was not clear at times , Good effort 

Judge 4 - Nice selection song, melodious and nice voice. Good performance.

Judge 5: One of my favourite songs and your voice suited it to the 'T'. You sang quite well with the low notes which is usually a difficult task for many. But some more work on those notes and your overall singing will improve for sure!

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Dear I-Fians

It's time of day to announce the MUCH awaited results
😎

but 

First of all  A big

THANK YOU 

to everyone who participated in the I-F IDOL CONTEST

&

Our grateful thanks to the members of our judging panels for contributing their time and expertise in choosing the winnersπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

Let us not waste any minute to annonce the winners of jury award:

The second 
Runner(s) Up is ...

drums rolls...

Entries # 3, 8 and 6

( sweetgal19,  -celestial- and shone_sanju)

Your winner signature:

Lets move on to the First Runner Up

which is none other than...😲

Entry 12

( -sanjana-)

Your winner signature:

And finally the winner of judges verdict...

drums rolls...

Entry 11

(siriuslysujal)

Your winner signature:

Congratulations to all of the runners up and the winner of judges verdictπŸ‘.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Ladies and gentlemen,

Its time to announce the winners of our I-Fians choice. Our members had the opportunity to vote for their favorites. Thank You I-Fians for taking out time to listen and vote!

Without wasting any moment, let's announce the winners members choice...

The Second Runner Up is...

Entry 12

( -sanjana-)

Your winner signature:

The First Runner Up is...

Entry 11

(siriuslysujal)

Your winner signature

And the winner of members popular choice is none other than...😲

Entry 3

-sweetgal19-

Your winner signature:

Congratulations to the winnersπŸ‘

Credits

Tags and winner signatures - starry.phoenix

Contests original creator - .Shayari.

and

Finally but not least the organizer of the contest - Hridey, Divya, and Riti and the GM team.

Thank You and See You Again!

Regards,

MyInspirationz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congrats to all the winners (sweetgal19,  -celestial-, shone_sanju, -sanjana-, siriuslysujal) πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘and the participants too... 😊 

A big thanks to the judges, Meli and all those who voted 😊
Edited by MyInspirationz - 10 years ago
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congrats to all the winners, and also the runner-ups as well! β­οΈ

But most of all,  the contestants totally rock for participating in the IF Idol!
It takes immense courage, dedication, and sincerity to do something as daring as this!

IF's got some true rockstars πŸ˜Ž

Brilliant Post !
-Misek- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats to all the Winners πŸ€—πŸ€—
-Deepzz- thumbnail
Congrats to all the winners and participants πŸ‘
I had a great time listening to the entries..Had super duper tough time grading you all πŸ˜³  Myself being a bathroom singer..I cannot imagine how much guts it must have taken you guys to enter in the competition πŸ‘πŸΌ  Do not feel discouraged...but take the feedback in good spirits and come back with a bang next year . πŸ‘