TOI: First look of Pragati Mehra as Daya Mai

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
First look of Pragati Mehra as Daya Mai in Do Dil Ek Jaan

Small screen has time and again proved that no actor is bigger than a show. Especially, when protagonists and important characters are ousted, from a popular show over differences. 

The actor who is currently making such news is Shilpa Shinde, who is replaced by Pragati Mehrain Life OK's Do Dil Ek Jaan. To the uninitiated,Kamya Punjabi the first choice to play Daya Mai had quit the show to join Bigg Boss 7 and hence Shilpa was brought on board. 

Shilpa, who has been replaced from the daily soap, complained about not been happy with the role she was playing and to her bad luck, the actress then fractured her arm. The production house had no other option but to replace her and stepping in to Daya Mai's shoes is Pragati Mehra aka Divya Thakur ofUttaran fame, who was looking forward to a role like this. 

Here's an exclusive picture of the actress who will now play the strong and evil Daya Mai. When asked, what made her accept a negative character, Pragati says, "I had a very strong role in Uttaran, when it started but then as the show progressed all characters of the Thakur family, especially me, took a back seat and there as a positive character, I could only do so much. But in Jaan.. Daya Mai is a very strong negative character and has a lot of scope. I love the way the character is written" 

The actress, who is known for her role in Uttaran, says she was almost finalized to play Daya Mai after Kamya quit the show but she couldn't adjust her dates, "I was supposed to be the second Daya mai after Kamya but I couldn't adjust my dates. However, this time everything fell in place. I heard Shilpa had an accident and she couldn't shoot with a plaster on hand. Hence, I stepped in. I have started shooting for the show since Yesterday (12 November 2013) and I bonded well with the actors," concludes the actress.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divzz29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
New kajal ki dukan ðŸ¤£ achi hai
Tfs
Delena-cious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TFs 

looking forward for new DM :)
SweetiePie25 thumbnail
wow she really looks good just like our ex dm shilpa shinde...
ankusanu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SweetiePie25

wow she really looks good just like our ex dm shilpa shinde...

same to same bt more mature n realistic
Nichuss thumbnail

she really luks evil...

better than shilpa...

waiting to see her in screen
richurachna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
she really luk awesome yyar. now looking her as DM
ankusanu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2