Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: greenteaholic

#15 I am Okay

Wonder if the title is a play on "Okay?" or "Okay!" ..., but I have to acquiesce to Meera30's remark that break ups are bloody... and the journey to "I am Okay" begins with that blood. 

Arnav came off as a child in this and the previous one - an impulsive child who wanted something and made a dash for it, but realized that there were consequences to that dash, and wasnt entirely prepared. Caught in between the dash and consequence, he looked surprised... Is that what you meant for us? j

Ps: Loved the little exchange with the old Tshirt.. It got to me.. :)

Janu75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Read the first few chapters and  I cannot stop reading the others.
The circle of lamps and the feelings you have expressed for both of them are too good to put them in words..Ever cynical Arnav and finding and ever spreading happiness  khushi

Why should she fall in love with such a person who detests her and is in a relationship .

As a reader I am glued to your work and appreciate it.
Janu75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Death is one thing which brought these two together .
Perhaps khushi could see the child in him longing for his parents and he, sees the vulnerable side of khushi as he is accustomed to see always the chirpy side of her.
greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arshi67

Hi. Just caught up with the last few chapters. 

Arnav wanted Lavanya to berate him in order to assuage his own feelings of guilt. 
Interesting that he acknowledges Anjali's emotional weakness. 
With Khushi his dil and dimaag have always fought - caring for her and about her internally while showering her with vitriol externally. 

I couldn't understand the caring internally but hating externally part. If he hated her, he could have simply left her alone. It would have been good for both of them. But he pulls that proverbial pig tails in the playground but unfortunately they aren't 5 anymore. There were times when I wanted to scream at Arnav for how cruel he was being. But it worked out for them in the end.. so.
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: AlwyzT.

As I haven't (still) watched all the episodes of IPKKND, I find it quite unjust to judge the characters of the show. Because for a judgement to be initiated, there must always be a testament that can explain the person's response to every stimulus which sadly is unknown to me.

Arnav is like a meteor and Khushi the atmosphere. When he collides with her, something ignites. Something burns. He burns. And along with him burns the sanity. Then, bad decisions are made. He doesn't put his thoughts to ramble around his actions. He's just that way.

Khushi reminds me of the viruses during eclipse phase. Her nature is transparent. She's loving, forgiving yet hideous. I find her character more amusing than Arnav's. She holds on to her perspective and hardly lets it falter away. She is sometimes what she doesn't appear to be. Maybe she hides some pieces of her to take them with her till grave, I don't know.

Khushi was shown too unpredictable in the show. I lost the fold of her character when she agreed to marry Arnav on his threat to call off Akash's wedding. It was necessary for the show to move on. Maybe that's why sometimes the characters were shown too superficial at times.

As I said, I don't intend any judgement. I love IPK the way it is. :)

I love you for bringing out the depths of the characters on the surface for us to see more than what we did.

I don't say the nicest things. You write the nicest things. That's great!

:=)

Khushi is unpredictable and sometimes lacks tangibility with her decisions. In fact she is driven by her emotions in that very moment which makes stuff hard for everyone around her. She has bottled up everything and doesn't share with her sister. It makes hard for people around her to understand and accept her decision. It isn't always good to be a scape goat voluntarily and expect people to experience guilt. It doesn't happen and expecting it to happen - doesn't make sense.

Trust needs to be earned even if it is family. I feel that has been the primary problem between people in IPK. Thankfully they get over it quickly.

Thanks for your words :=)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirabell

Such poetry in the language you use and such poetry in the characters you evoke here. Whether you consider yourself a poet or otherwise is moot.

Thank YOU for writing
Thank the Universe for giving me a map to find your writing
:)

Thank you for your comment. And welcome :-) I still don't consider myself as a poet because the words I post are random generation in a moment of...clarity or insanity. I still don't understand the difference :-)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirabell

Or perhaps the magic IS in the tension, stretching, pulling and pushing those boundaries upon which these two reside? Its a crafty dance they play, whether these two get hurt or otherwise, Arnav's prayer are reserved for Lavanya and NK.. collateral damage perhaps?

What can I say - Its isnt just a story any more.. its the story and these exchanges in within smaller boxes thats pulling and pushing me! So, thank you!! :)

But the dance is so violent that innocent bystanders are getting hurt. When I come down from the high of sheer passion of their courtship I realize that both their worlds are much more complicated than their personal tug of war. So yes, they are collateral damage.

I am not sure what you are thanking me for but am sure lapping up the compliment :=)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Its mostly sarcasm. The way in which some people think break-ups have to be because Arnav and Khushi are end game so it was okay for him to ditch La. So "Okay" is how Arnav sees it while Lavanya sees it as "Okay" while someone like me says "Okay" and scratch their head :=)

I added the t-shirt thing at the last minute. For...reasons :=)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: janu6669

Read the first few chapters and  I cannot stop reading the others.

The circle of lamps and the feelings you have expressed for both of them are too good to put them in words..Ever cynical Arnav and finding and ever spreading happiness  khushi

Why should she fall in love with such a person who detests her and is in a relationship .

As a reader I am glued to your work and appreciate it.

Thank you so much :-)

Sometimes, love becomes a decision :-) And that's enough for people to change everything they have come to know about one another, isn't it?
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: janu6669

Death is one thing which brought these two together .

Perhaps khushi could see the child in him longing for his parents and he, sees the vulnerable side of khushi as he is accustomed to see always the chirpy side of her.

When they are both vulnerable, there is a degree of honesty and togetherness between them. They understand each other perfectly well in situations like those. But the question is, is that enough?