Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ivre

I was hoping somebody says this. The way they made Khushi train Lavanya was preposterous, why did Lavanya even agree to it? If only the show would incorporate some respect for individuals (any fans- please refrain from arguing, not trying to hurt you)
This one was much less vague. I liked the insight and the conversation (argument) :P

The whole training thing was stupid and I too wondered what made Lavanya agree. Was it to keep the people in Arnav's home happy or was it for any other reason, we will never know.

Learning about festivals, how to drape a saree or prepare a dish, is this what it takes to be an ideal Bahu?

If that was the case the divorce rates in India would not be this high.
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Kalyaani

The whole training thing was stupid and I too wondered what made Lavanya agree. Was it to keep the people in Arnav's home happy or was it for any other reason, we will never know.

Learning about festivals, how to drape a saree or prepare a dish, is this what it takes to be an ideal Bahu?

If that was the case the divorce rates in India would not be this high.

K - the thing is divorce was almost never an option in India till about the last couple of decades. The trend is actually more recent - and that is because women have been allowed to think about their relationship with their spouse instead of focusing on all the other paraphernalia. That is the one thing I have always - almost resented about marriages in India - the need to make the 'bahu" a part of the new family instead of allowing her the time to build a new life with her spouse - which is what marriage should be about first!

Hello! Nice to see you catching up on Heartbeat Radio...It's a wonderful series, no? greenteaholic has a winner here! One of my favorite pieces of all time!
Kalyaani thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

K - the thing is divorce was almost never an option in India till about the last couple of decades. The trend is actually more recent - and that is because women have been allowed to think about their relationship with their spouse instead of focusing on all the other paraphernalia. That is the one thing I have always - almost resented about marriages in India - the need to make the 'bahu" a part of the new family instead of allowing her the time to build a new life with her spouse - which is what marriage should be about first!

Hello! Nice to see you catching up on Heartbeat Radio...It's a wonderful series, no? greenteaholic has a winner here! One of my favorite pieces of all time!

I agree this is a gem and I am an idiot to read it this late.

Marriages are not about two people, it is about two families and their expectations, one can never be good enough for their son/daughter. Divorce may be a recent trend but the fact the number is rising tells us, we are so wrong in the way we view marriage, it is not about procreation alone.

We have a long way to go in understanding our daughters before we begin to give our daughters in law a chance.
Kalyaani thumbnail

9. Pretentions

You bring in Payal here and I always wondered why as a sister she never caught on to what Khushi was going through, Khushi may not have voiced her thoughts but sisters tend to pick these things. I agree Khushi pretended always and was never honest about her feelings, mostly to herself. She was deeply affected by Arnav and his words; she did show it at times but in the guise of anger and never hurt. He hurt her with words and actions, she did give it back to him but was never open about the deep impact he had on her life. She did hide always, pretentions indeed...
Kalyaani thumbnail

10. Spaces

I know many people would bay for my blood for saying this but Khushi and Arnav were really dumb the day Arnav's and Lavanya's engagement was announced. The two were so drawn to each other and were trying their best to stay apart, it seemed ridiculous. I have to give credit where it is due; Khushi came out a shade better than Arnav. She held out a mirror and asked Arnav to take a good look at himself and the pretensions he represented. She was not off the mark when she questioned him about Lavanya and why she was not enough for him or his family. Lavanya was not going to change as a person; she just learnt a few things that would make her stay with the Raizadas easy.

Arnav in his true blue jerk-style taunts her for accepting the job; he knows she did not want to take up in the first place. She had her reasons, valid or otherwise and she did not do a half assed job, while playing to role of a teacher or giving him a spoonful of bitter truth. The cheap shot of asking her to take a bonus for her efforts sums Arnav's character, he inherent arrogance his wealth provides. In the same way Khushi's response provides a glimpse into what she draws her victories from, getting a reaction out of him.

Kalyaani thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

Oh they can hurt each other, can they not?

And maybe that is the way passion brews between some people. Two forces that meet only to destroy everything in their wake, including themselves. 

Sometimes I wonder if anything positive can ever germinate from such a collision. And then someone reminds me of the way the world came into being

Maybe the big bang really is around the corner. And somewhere, in the fire between them, lies a suspended particle.

I started to write my comment and then read this one, it forces me to revisit my theory about people - one feels good only when they see the person who affects them the most, hurt or sad. Much like how it is for Arnav and Khushi, they do draw satisfaction in causing heartache for the other. I may be down and out but that does not mean you will rise and shine, I will pull you down too, an Indian way of functioning or can I generalize by saying a human way of thinking.

A collision results in many things, mostly debris but we have to find something useful in that very debris, is it going to be a mature understanding couple? Tall ask, I know.

Edited by Kalyaani - 10 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail

11. Separation

This is the song that came to mind when I read this update,

Movie - Kalyug (the new one)

Singer - Atif Aslam

Juda Hoke Bhi Tu Mujhmein Kahi Baaki Hai
Palkon Mein Banke Aansu Tu Chali Aati Hai
Juda Hoke Bhi

Waise Zinda Hu Zindagi Bin Tere Main
Dard Hi Dard Baaki Raha Hai Seene Mein
Saans Lena Bhar Hi Yaha Jeena Nahi Hain
Ab Toh Aadat Si Hai Mujhko Aaise Jeene Mein

Saath Mere Hain Tu Har Pal Shab Ke Andhere Mein
Paas Mere Hain Tu Hardam Ujale Savere Mein
Dil Se Dhadkan Bhula Dena Aasan Nahi Hai

Yeh Jo Yaadein Hai... (2)
Sabhi Kaatein Hai... (2)
Katado Inhe... (2)
Ab Toh Aadat Si Hai Mujhko

Kalyaani thumbnail

12. Cross road

The all-powerful men in the world are unmanned by their women and the fools don't even realize that. I would like Arnav to be around NK-Khushi a lot more to get him to realize a few things about Khushi and most importantly himself, that woman is in him and he knows it yet runs away from it, fool. Arnav does know a thing or two about relationships and yet acts clueless, what purpose would praying serve when he does not own up to a few facts of life? Every act that provides a result leads to heartbreak and pain, and we call that life.

Kalyaani thumbnail

13. Change

I read this on the net and am using it here, "People change for two reasons - either they have learned a lot or they have been hurt too much." This applies to Arnav and Khushi on both counts; they have learned too much about each other and are hurt deeply by the other. I have often wondered, if the two realized the pain they caused by being selfish and at the same time selfless, both emotions are futile if one thinks of it deeply as they serve no purpose.

Lavanya chooses that painting, why? Is she so blind she cannot see what is in front of her? How deeply into each other Arnav and Khushi are. Maybe the blindness is more the blocking out kind.

Kalyaani thumbnail

14. Ties

I disliked Anjali in the serial for many reasons and on reading this update, I disliked her all over again. She does not understand her brother at all it seems; now why would she draw parallels here. She was ditched at the altar and Lavanya is being told of the relationship being over, this is an apples to pebbles comparison. Sure both involves heartache but it is not the same, while Anjali was ditched because she did not bring in the money that was promised via the alliance instead brought controversy, Lavanya is being told the relationship is off as the very grounds a relationship needs to stand on; understanding, compatibility and love, is not there anymore. When that is not there, what is the point in carrying on only to end it at a later date?

Anjali does not want Arnav's happiness, she wants him to do right; she was ditched at the altar and her brother will not do anything like that as it is a poor reflection on her as she essayed the role of mother/father in the absence of their parents. Arnav is not wrong when he says Lavanya is stronger, because she is, as Anjali runs to pray each time things happen or her world is shaken, Lavanya can accept things and move on.

Sure there is no gauge to measure human strength but one's instinct is a fair guide to judge. Anjali may want to be supportive to Lavanya and it is good also, she should do it for the right reason and not for some weird sense of correcting the wrong which she thinks Arnav is doing.