Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: amaypranay

Thx ..for this surprise...so glad that your back to complementing this amazing...meteor showers!

I loved the part Arnav said...It just Happened! Love,...does anyone have control of that  feeling...Brilliant!

Can't  belive it's ending...loved Heartbeat Radio!

Waiting for Arnav and Khushi to have their little moment!

What if Lavanya and Arnav were married and then he decides to leave Lavanya for Khushi? Or if Arnav says the exact same thing to Khushi "sorry, it just happened with someone else".

It's not about control a person has its about choices one makes and the implication of choices on people. Arnav chooses to go along with this because he hasn't taken a step further with Lavanya which would have them in a social and legal binding. But that doesn't mean it hurts any less.

Ending is always near, is it not? :-)

amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I absolutely agree with what your saying!
It's all about choices...and then the after effects...

Currently they all are hurting...as the choice made by him to get engaged to Lavanya, is also a cover...and it would be the right thing for him to be honest to her before getting married! The pain going to be there, but lavanya becoming a scapegoat...that would be even more hurtful!

Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I had bookmarked this thread days ago and heaven knows, why I took so long to read this, better late than never.

1. Family

I got to watch the show for Khushi and then for other reasons, sure Arnav's character intrigued me but it was Khushi who held my interest and it was she who made me stop watching the show.

Arnav and Khushi here seem so much more relatable than the show and that is not a good thing, I will tell you why, it is unfair to have invested so much time on a show when a few words make you like them so easily.

Edited by Kalyaani - 10 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail

2. Betrayal

I often wonder, what leads to betrayal? I have an answer and you may not agree but hear me out. One is betrayed not by another, one is betrayed by oneself, and in this case it was Arnav who has betrayed Arnav. He is disappointed in what he does and for what he believed or did not, the disappointment leading to betrayal stems from his psyche. He portrays himself to be strong and when everyone treats him so he too craves the comfort when in the past he has showed he does not need it. Yes, he is betrayed by himself.

Kalyaani thumbnail

3. Perspectives

If there is a word I truly hate it has to be this one, heaven knows how often this has been thrown at me and I have thrown it at others. The fact remains it is an apt word for this update. In this particular update it made me realize who truly alike Arnav and Khushi are, their approach to life may be different but alike they are. They hide behind a mask (you can argue with me saying, who does not) these two mastered the bloody craft. Arnav is cynical and that is an extreme in most situations, Khushi is optimistic and that is nauseating in most situations. 

Did you intend to use the circle of lamps to symbolize the light and dark in the two characters, I saw it or am I overseeing this?

Kalyaani thumbnail

4. Necessity

I find it easy to understand Khushi and for that matter Arnav too, they are fighting something that is strong and they have no artillery. They hate things that make them want it so desperately. Khushi likes stars and they come out in the night and she is afraid of the dark. She is affected by Arnav and wants him in her life, aware that they are as different as chalk and cheese. She loves him, from when and most importantly why, she has no answer. One rarely thinks in a logical manner in such matters, she wants to stay clear of him and the need for him that he ignites in her. She can only try to be strong, the effort may take a toll and be useless but she must try.

Kalyaani thumbnail

5. Scars

The title made me look at one I have on my knee, I vaguely remember how it happened but the faint scar remains and it made me think, the memory and the scar stays for life. No medicine or surgery can remove it. This conversation was devoid of everything the two stood for, anger and bitterness in Arnav's case or understanding or sweetness in Khushi's. They were two individuals just there and there was an exchange but in the end, the words melted away to silent support.

I agree words and talking is overrated and mostly unnecessary, the song I recall is cheesy but it is true "you say best when you say nothing at all".

Kalyaani thumbnail

6. Provocative Envy 

I looked at the "teaching Lavanya" track in the serial to address three people in the show. Lavanya, who was willing to do everything, that was required to gain approval from the matriarch if it meant being close to the man she loved. Arnav, who did not want to have Khushi around anymore but was now forced to be around her and later used the situation to his advantage to run her down. Khushi, who may have agreed to it to support her family but did everything to make Arnav get what she thought he wanted.

Strange is life, Khushi had everything Lavanya needed to be accepted as a Raizada Bahu and Khushi wanted what Lavanya had, Arnav.

Kalyaani thumbnail

7. Limbo

You are sick and tired of me saying this but I will keep at it, this was simply brilliant. Khushi hears Arnav and understands him too but chooses not to show it, that is what all this is about. They never did speak to each other in plain simple words; it was always in a circuitous manner.  I did love the answer he gave to her question. Caged heart and bad decisions, the whole story was that.

Another point that stayed with me throughout the story did Arnav and Khushi really know what they wanted for themselves and for the other. They talk to each other and yet they don't, there are always on the edge, waiting to plunge and undecided about it.

Kalyaani thumbnail

8. Shadows

You have given Lavanya too much credit in my opinion, Lavanya was never a person who saw beyond herself. I am going simply by the way her character was sketched in the serial; they portrayed her to be the Indian version of a dumb blonde; clothes and parties. She did not see the way Arnav was around Khushi or for that matter how Khushi responded to Arnav. On her engagement day she wakes up to realize Arnav may be the real deal for her but she is not for Arnav. I found that to be too sudden and let me be fair, the CVs did not invest any time in bringing about her realization of the situation that was developing in front of her eyes.

The only redeeming factor for Lavanya in the serial was her graceful, head held high exit and nothing else.