Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

<span><font size="2">@ RAKSHA- READ UR RESPONSE TO MY FIRST POINT .I did not mention organizations- just mentioned terrorists and eventually provided examples. YOU used the term organizations, which eventually Vineet picked up and hurled at me.. πŸ˜‰</span>

QT, since you seem to be stating again and again that 'terrorists' are there in 'all' the religions- I asked for a couple of illustrations...Eventhough its very politically correct to say that terrorism is not limited to a particular religion,I again want to reinstate the importance of the 'Statistics' here...If we ignore statistics, we will end up being one...

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

πŸ˜† just used your 60% bolded above and threw in 30% just for the heck of driving home the point.

my baby sitter is a hyderabadi muslim.  she personally told me that she does not approve of terrorism but is afraid to speak against it in their public gatherings in mosques or relatives or friends!!!

as far as other religions, shiv sena is criticized for anything they do all the time in news papers etc.  no political motive there...and they are not the terrorists...still people scrutenize and blow out of proportion every single thing they do in the name of hindutva.  even though we know that sena does a lot of constructive work too!!!  don't see many muslim cloumnist writing against terrorism so openly!!! all i see is whole bunch of muslims coming together and declaring the their religion comes before nation...so won't even sing vandey maatram as it praises thier janm bhoomi!!!  their leaders can denounce vandey matram publicly but not terrorism.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘100 times at the bold sentence

Edited by sandya_rao7 - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

alright you are back there.
I clarified it somehwhere whant it meant.  Negative elements are part of all religions.  Sick people who MOLESTED AND CUT CHILDREN IN NITHARI  are also SICK elements of the society.. and they're Hindus.
I also added that all these people are basically RELIGION-LESS

I hope this is clear and won't have to go back to that post again πŸ˜›

good. πŸ˜›since terrorism is in another league of it's own, in terms of killing, destruction of property, and threat to national unity and security.πŸ˜‰ one would have gotten a different impression based on your listing these random acts of mass mayhem, as if such things dont happen in the US or elsewhereπŸ˜‰

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

and do u suppose anyone has that perfect plan according to u? πŸ˜›isnt even the US groping around and having to enact the Patriot Act to deal with terrorists, potential and otherwise? isnt it also engaging in surveillance? in wiretapping? in profiling? why do u suppose we have muslims change their names from aymen to andrew? how are these useless plans? yes, these might trample on free rights and all (so sorryπŸ˜‰), but how are you coming up with "useless plan" and such? do you even know how many terrorists are actually caught?

and arent you the one harping about not catching terrorists from the munbai blasts? most have been caught. as for the rest of them, we now know who was behind them, dont we? why is the plan useless?πŸ˜›

becasue in spite of having caught them for years since 3/12/93 blasts, 7/11/06 still happened.. πŸ˜›

so that catching, targetting was not fail proof.  How many years has USA been attacked for?   September 2001. 
Since then, they have got Musharraf's act together,  they have destroyed Afganistan and attacked Iraq. 
Do I think this is ideal solution?  NO- this is neither..  so many americans are dying every day.. is terrorism over?  no.. it is growing.   but atleast terrorism is not as INTERNALIZED here as is in INDIA.  It beats me that you yourself claim to accept that not all Muslims are terrorists and how do you jsutify their profiling based on names??  It is a much harder situation in India to cut through a mosaic of religions and some of them negative, while some patriotic..  It is a good idea to understand its seriousness rather than acting patriotic (not you in particular, but some passionate posters i noticedπŸ˜‰ earlier)

Even at US airports,  the authorities stopped profiling based on names if you noticed.  The first two months after 9/11, i was stopped on every flight and checked but after racial profiling stopped, I was called only once.

I don't think I understand the point you are trying to make with your DEFINITION of TARGETTING.  I have tried to, but I failed!
 I am tired and have no EFFECTIVE plans like you all CLEARLY seem to have by targetting muslims as the title suggests πŸ˜‰.
Enjoy debating.  I don't wish this thread to drag me in addict list again..

Steering clear. 
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

The above kind of sick people have no religion, indeed...And they obviously have to be handled in a different way...However, the so called 'Jihadis' seem to be from a particular religion...

right. and the jihadis are out targetting other civilizations/ religions. that's a lot of people they are trying to kill.

Aanandaa thumbnail

right. and the jihadis are out targetting other civilizations/ religions. that's a lot of people they are trying to kill.

And wonder why no one's talking about that... πŸ˜”...So many Hindus being killed everyday in the name of religion and 'Jihad'...

This has been happening from the beginning in India..The leaders jeopardizing the prospects of the majority, trying to appease the minorities...πŸ˜”
chatbuster thumbnail

becasue in spite of having caught them for years since 3/12/93 blasts, 7/11/06 still happened.. πŸ˜›

and in spite of catching those home burglars last year, we had new burglaries this year. so what should we do? do away wit them? πŸ˜›home security and law enforcement is useless then? everything is "useless plan"?πŸ˜›

so that catching, targetting was not fail proof.  How many years has USA been attacked for?   September 2001. 
Since then, they have got Musharraf's act together,  they have destroyed Afganistan and attacked Iraq. 

they have come up with very similar policies as the Indians and the british, countries exposed to terrorism before the US. in fact the US patriot act and the separate treatment of prisoners at guantanamo bay as enemy combatants codifies what indians have been doing.

as for the US being effective, large part of whatever success they have had is due to their war-making capabilities. but irrespective, they have come up with similar profiling policies, havent they?πŸ˜‰

Do I think this is ideal solution?  NO- this is neither..  so many americans are dying every day.. is terrorism over?  no.. it is growing.   but atleast terrorism is not as INTERNALIZED here as is in INDIA.  It beats me that you yourself claim to accept that not all are terrorists and how do you jsutify their profiling based on names?? 

cause it is the best way, though not always effective. the alternative of not doing anything is far worse.πŸ˜‰

Even at US airportsm they stopped profiling based on names if you noticed.  The first two months after 9/11, i was stopped on every flight and checked but after racial profiling stopped, I was called only once.

name profiling might have stopped. but they sure can profile based on appearance, cant they?πŸ˜‰

I don't think I understand the point you are trying to make with your DEFINITION of TARGETTING.  I have tried to, but I failed!
 I am tired and have no EFFECTIVE plans like you CLEARLY seem to have πŸ˜‰.

you stated that the existing plans are useless just because they have not halted terrorism. am saying that's not a logical conclusion to draw since you would then say that home security and law enforcement are all useless too, since we do have crimes every yearπŸ˜‰
Enjoy debating.  I don't wish this thread to drag me in addict list again.. Steering clear. 

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Who is at fault here?
You attack my house ,and I'm not supposed to even defend.
a peaceful religion!!

I see terrorists killing in the name Islam and only thing I hear
is that they are not muslims. Hindus accepted that there were/are shortcomings
and trying to improve upon it.

Changes happened in Christianity and Hinduism ,because the educated people in these started to question the obscure practices.
take the example of Galileo.
Back then the church believed that that the sun revolved around the earth,and earth was the centre of the universe.
When Galileo said ,that the earth revolves around the sun ,he was imprisoned by the church.

In Hinduism as well they had some bad proctices like sati etc.
But then people like Raja RamMohan Roy started movements against these practices ,only then did it reformed.

All need changes...otherwise people change them...😊

i dont understand if the muslims r being targetted thn be it like that.the once who r innocent will come out of it and the once who r not they r the once who sld be afraid. there is a saying saach ko kya aach?
ya chor ki daadi main tinka.

and one more thing here there r so many non-M's who r supporting them but i dont see this trend from other side whn the situation arises.

and there r times whn i agree with Bal Thakre

Edited by sandya_rao7 - 16 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail

<span>becasue in spite of having caught them for years since 3/12/93 blasts, 7/11/06 still happened.. </span><br><br><span>so that catching, targetting was not fail proof. How many years has USA been attacked for?   September 2001. </span><br><span>Since then, they have got Musharraf's act together, they have destroyed Afganistan and attacked Iraq. </span><br><span>Do I think this is ideal solution? NO- this is neither.. so many americans are dying every day.. is terrorism over? no.. it is growing.   but atleast terrorism is not as INTERNALIZED here as is in INDIA. It beats me that you yourself claim to accept that not all Muslims are terrorists and how do you jsutify their profiling based on names?? <span> It is a much harder situation in India to cut through a mosaic of religions and some of them negative, while some patriotic.. It is a good idea to understand its seriousness rather than <span>acting </span>patriotic (not you in particular, but some passionate posters i noticedπŸ˜‰ earlier)<br></span></span><span>Even at US airports, the authorities stopped profiling based on names if you noticed. The first two months after 9/11, i was stopped on every flight and checked but after racial profiling stopped, I was called only once. </span><span>I don't think I understand the point you are trying to make with your DEFINITION of TARGETTING. I have tried to, but I failed! I am tired and have no EFFECTIVE plans like you all CLEARLY seem to have by targetting muslims as the title suggests πŸ˜‰.</span><span><br><span>
Enjoy debating. I don't wish this thread to drag me in addict list again.. Steering clear. </span></span>

Now by attacking 'Afghanistan' and 'Iraq'- by and large US also used the same method-'targetting a particular religion'...isn't it???