GLUE. A one shot on Astha and Shlok.

warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

(courtesy of original owner)

Glue

Shlok's ears piqued at the sound of Sojal's voice as he walked towards his room.

'I'm sooo happy that Shlok-ji has accepted this proposal of marriage and there'll finally be a wedding in this house...Shlok-ji and Tania's wedding...' he heard Sojal taunt.

He stopped and of their own accord his footsteps led him towards the passageway to the stairs.

Shlok strode into the living room and Sojal jumped to her feet. The change in her complexion instantly gave away the fact that she knew that she'd just been caught in the act by Shlok. And he wasn't happy. 'I... err...I was just offering Astha some snacks,' she guiltily tried explaining as she walked backwards and then sped towards the stairs for a quick escape.

She was still sitting on the floor. And now her pair of scissors was snipping away furiously at the helpless photograph in her hands. He could see her bristling and her lips narrowing as she tried not be affected by what Sojal had just said. But she was. It was clear from her body language.

Glaring at the rapidly retreating Sojal, Shlok sank his six foot two frame into an arm chair and crossed one leg over the other as he stared at Astha Kirloskar.

He deliberately turned his mind to what had happened before and his blood boiled at the thought of his mother attempting to strike Astha.

'Astha is mine.'

The words had left his mouth even before he had a moment to realise the implications of what he was saying. Shlok's brown eyes narrowed and under his beard, his jaw clenched. As much as he wanted justice, it was not his place. Who was he to defend her? But he wanted it to be, he realized. He wanted to have the right to defend her with all the power at his disposal. Deep instincts, born in the darkest time. A time of contempt for her. What had changed?  Shlok Agnihotri had a zero tolerance policy for insubordination. Yet, this tiny waif of a woman had had the audacity to stand up to him like no other female had ever had the courage to do.  

The inaudible sound of her muttering under her breath broke into his thoughts and Shlok frowned. He watched as her scissors picked up pace and her voice became more agitated and louder.

'Why are they all congratulating me? You are the one getting married!'

Astha glared at the picture of Anjali Agnihotri in her hands and she directed her anger at cutting it instead of stabbing it. 'So who is she - this Tania?' she wanted to shout at him as if she had the right to ask such a question. Which she didn't, as the mocking glint in his eyes told her. But it did not stop her stupid brain from conjuring up a high class socialite type creature with a very expensive pedigree draping herself over him while he lounged in much the same way he was now - all long limbs and tight muscles and rampant appeal waiting to be adored because it was his due. Astha took in a short breath, despising the heat of jealousy she could feel burning in her chest, as if a few angry moments in his arms and a sari had given her exclusive rights of possession over him! It did not, but nor did it stop her crazy imagination from imprinting her own image of him. Her heart began pounding out a suffocating rhythm. This time she couldn't even look away! And to make it so much worse, having been crushed against him more times than was decent, she could even smell his sexy scent in her nostrils, feel the warmth of his breath against her skin, and the possessive grasp of his hands on her wrists.

'In any case why are you even speaking to me? Go speak to her...Tania... who am I to you anyway...' Astha caught herself mid-sentence as she realised what she had just said. Gulping she stole a glance at Shlok who was studying her every reaction. Astha reddened under the heat of his gaze. Suddenly it felt like he was reading her mind and the scissor fell to the table as she jumped to her feet. She had to escape from the intensity of that stare and blindly she tried to race away from him.

You don't get to escape so easily... thought Shlok as he grabbed her wrist and slowly stood up. He pulled her back towards himself until her back gently collided against his chest. He hand slid over her delicate wrist and his fingers intertwined her hers. Shlok leaned down and inhaled her scent as he brushed his nose against her ear. He felt her flinch ever so slightly and he smiled to himself. 'Tell me, what am I supposed to do?' he whispered innocently against her ear as her scent infiltrated his senses. Shlok watched as Astha turned around slowly, her eyes had widened and he could see her chest rising and falling rapidly as she tried to control her breathing. 'Please let me go, someone will come,' he heard her plead. 'Not a chance in hell,' thought Shlok as he pulled her towards himself, 'not until you answer my question,' he drawled softly as his deep brown eyes locked with her hazel ones. A primal instinct inside him recognised the chemistry between them, and he could not restrain the little shiver of awareness that ran down his spine as he slid an arm around her waist and imprisoned her against himself.

Astha gulped. He was making it impossible for her to breathe. Really. Her throat was all tight, as was her chest, and if her heart beat any faster, it was going to self-propel itself out of her body. She couldn't think of a single thing to say in response. 'Please let me go.' She tried pleading again as she looked up at him. Shlok Agnihotri was unbelievably tall and at moments like these, he towered over her and she felt as if he was holding all her senses hostage. She glanced into those deep down eyes, 'not until you answer my question.' She heard him murmur as a slight smile appeared on his lips. He had her trapped. She knew it just as well as he did.  He felt her struggle as she tried to pry her fingers away from his. Realising something was odd, he glanced down at their now literally fused hands bound by the wet glue she had been working with, Shlok couldn't help but smirk as Astha continued to struggle to free herself. Stop fidgeting and stand still. 'I'm not your wife you know!' he heard her say, 'no you're not and you don't need to yell as if you were... MY wife that is,' he retorted tartly. He felt her stiffen as her eyes widened and locked with his. Their fused hands rested against his chest and Shlok kept his eyes trained on the woman in his arms.

'My wife,' the words kept reverberating inside Astha's head as she caught the unmistakable sensual gleam in his brown eyes. 'I know I'm not' she whispered softly as she averted her gaze and looked down.

Shlok leaned down, 'maybe that's what you want to be. My wife...' he asked as he leaned close and brushed his mouth against her ear. Once again he felt her flinch as she tried to pull away but he tightened his grip on her waist. This was getting interesting now he thought to himself.

'No I don't want to be your... your anything.' Astha bite out as she tried to inject some false bravado into voice in order to sound convincing as she glared up at him, her body betraying her as shiver of anticipation raced through her body.

'Liar.' His voice was low and seductive. But if you don't want to tell me the truth about what you were thinking, maybe you'd like to hear what I'm thinking?' he whispered as his voice dropped in pitch and deepened, 'would you Astha? Like to hear what's on my mind about you and me...us?' he asked. Astha shivered again, but this time as much from apprehension as anticipation. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she was dying to hear his words but she remained silent.

'Always so stubborn,' he whispered. Maybe I'll remain quiet like you and we will see who wins.'

'No tell me!!' he heard her almost shout out. That shook her. He tried not to let the tiny leap of triumph in his chest show on his face as he watched the colour flood her cheeks.

'Ok Astha, so in that case you tell me? what do you think is on my mind about you?' he asked brazenly, his sexy mouth was set in a grim line and the unshakeable confidence that had made her weak at the knees made him seem more formidable than ever as he issued his challenge.

The ferocity of his expression, the danger in his tone kept Astha mute, but somehow she forced herself to set her mouth tight, lift her chin, as she shook her head in silent defiance even though her knees were threatening to buckle beneath her as her eyes met the burning intensity of his.

Shlok watched as Astha bit her bottom lip. He knew she wanted to hear his answer but would never concede to that fact.

Astha was in uncharted dangerous territory. But she couldn't let him see her anguish. Ignoring the hard lump in her throat, she raised her chin, glaring at him.

'How am I supposed to know what goes on inside your head. Heaven knows even the powers up above wouldn't know,' she said defiantly.

'Really Astha? Think back. Maybe if I mention the name Tania' that might help,' Shlok said softly as he watched her very closely.

Astha flinched, 'You are awful. You know what... go ahead... marry her. I don't care. You two deserve each other!' she snapped.

'Maybe I will,' Shlok retorted.

'Good! you do that!' Astha snapped, her already frayed temper now reaching breaking point, it's not like you have the guts to speak up and admit your feelings to a woman be it me or anyone before me,' she added for good measure.

Shlok froze and his gaze turned icy cold. His voice was harsh and clinical, 'don't you dare speak about something you know nothing about Astha,' he warned coldly. Astha had passed the point of no return and Shlok's warning only fanned the flames of her temper.

She wouldn't let it end this way, Astha thought.

She wouldn't be a victim.

She wouldn't run away.

She would take control.

She would demand it.

'Why shouldn't I?' she asked brazenly, this is nothing but a game for people like you.  Its fine for you to play with my emotions, touch me, hurt me, scream at me, give me flowers, scream at me again, slap me... but it's not ok for me to me to state a fact! I tell you what Mr Shlok Agnihotri - I am, and WILL ALWAYS much braver than you because I can tell you to your face that despite my best intentions not to, I fell in love with you!!' she thundered.

Astha ignored the look of stunned disbelief in his eyes and pressed on while her nerve held. 'That's what you wanted to hear wasn't it?! There I said it. But this is not a game for me like it is for you and I'll be damned if I'm going to stay here for another second,' she said with an added dose of insult in her voice as she pulled herself away from him.

Unfortunately for Astha, in addition to bond of attraction, the bond of glue welded her to Shlok and she groaned as she continued to yank her hand in frustration.

'Stop it!' she heard him thunder as he threaded his fingers into her hair and tilted her face so that he could stare down at her.  Shlok fell silent, still. She could feel the energy thrumming through him, a raw, angry pulse.

Shlok felt as though the ground had shifted beneath his feet. Despite constantly and incessantly taunting Astha over the last few days, he hadn't expected her to be brave enough to tell him the truth. But she had. And she was right. She was much, much braver than he was because what he started out as a conquest, a game for him had backfired royally on him.

The joke was well and truly on him because whether Shlokh admitted it or not; he was in love with Astha.

'Stop struggling Astha,' he said softly almost in a whisper.

Hearing the change in his tone, Astha stopped and looked up. There was a softness to him, an intensity she hadn't seen before. It was as if a mask had slipped away to reveal the true face that lay beneath it.

'Maybe there's a reason we're stuck like this,' Shlok said softly, ...and maybe I like being stuck to you,' he spoke very softly, the words dropping into the silence like pebbles into a lake, '...for good.'

Astha gulped. 'What ...does that mean? I mean I just told you that I... and then you said... What did you mean? what happens now?' she asked in little more than a whisper.

Shlok tensed, then sighed, a shuddering breath that made Astha realise he was not as much in control as she'd thought. She'd been laid bare, but somehow, in some way, so had he. He understood.

'It means that like you, whether I wanted it or not...I'm in love with you too,' he confessed almost ironically.

Why? How? He had no clue.

'What happens now?' Shlok repeated almost contemplatively as his head dropped towards Astha and she felt rather than saw his smile.

'Now you marry me Astha Kirloskar.'

========================================================================

Hi there

By way of introduction, I'm Naina (you may know me from another forum that shares the same name).

I've only recently starting watching this show and the piece above was obviously inspired by the Maha-Episode last night and is a twist on what could have been.

Love it or hate it. I leave comments up to you.

Naina😳

Edited by warriorprincess - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ziva01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Lovely one ...do write more

Originally posted by: -Priya01

Lovely one ...do write more

Thank you.😊

I will if inspiration strikes πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: khuwahish

very well written...😊

Thank you very much πŸ˜›

Thank you πŸ˜³
VindhyaMounika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
very well written... you are a good writer... keep up your good work... This is really awesome...
LuvStrk-001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome story...!!!Thanks for sharimg!!!Like to read more stories on this couple.!!!
wanderlust09 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awsum piece of work...
Luvd hw she gathered up the courage n confessed her feelings...
Do cum up wid more n if possible pm me wenevr ur pen dwn in the future πŸ˜Š
malkasub thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
very nicely written. you didn't miss a single emotion in that scene. you just made it more intense!

mallika

Originally posted by: VindhyaMounika

very well written... you are a good writer... keep up your good work... This is really awesome...

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ