Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Episode 188, Arnav's breakdown scene, this scene, like many other viewers, I can never forget. Until this point, I was watching the show for the lovely storyline, for the unique characters and for Sanaya whom I knew from her very first show.

But after this scene, my attention drew towards this actor and was awestruck by his performance here. Till this point, I didn't even know his real name. That was when I went online and discovered an unusual name, Barun Sobti. Kudos and a standing ovation to this actor, par excellence. πŸ‘ 

Needless to say, slowly and steadily, started getting info on IPK online and by the end of the kidnapping track, found IF. All this started with this scene above. πŸ˜ƒ 

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

What a sonnet to open the thread..

Indi fab opening lines, that "Cheh mahine ke liye" indeed coming just from his lips not from his heart (fitted the way how this line was mis fittingly added later on in the editing, not even Barun's voice!) 

Cynthia: take a bow for that fantastic write up broken hearts.. Gave me goose bumps.. How this heart break still lingers on with us..

ARSHI: lovely analysis as always of the Horus and Dm's fav kids ..and that gif too

Durga: great poem
Salooni: your best gif yet for that moment as intense.. Fantastic..πŸ‘

Chalhov: loved that sepia wedding invite.. ..very much suits the moment..

Kate: what a burning gif.. I have hard time to find words for ur gifs lately... Great job my friend..

Ami: good to see the DC..great capture of all intense moments..

Supriya: lovely banner

(Apologies if I missed anyone)

Haven't been through any apart from the first 2 pages, but enough to ignite the thoughts again for that fateful night... A total dark and gloomy one...as if it happened just yesterday.. Although it never really "happened" in that sense!!!! a night of total eclipse of the hearts...

Khushi.. a girl paying heavy price for her altruism...Good for all all at any cost... Where it would take her a while  to realize that "goodness" is mostly innate and can't be imposed.. How ever hard one might try...to turn and portray evil as kind..alas.. It is just impossible.. As it would lead only to destruction all around..again those words"satyam vada.. Dharmam chara" (speak the truth and lead a righteous life) .. Not that Khushi is otherwise .. But perhaps she is too naive to realize the hard  and cold facts of life!

Arnav Singh  Raizada: not one but he bore three hearts breaks that night.. A devastating heart break of seeing the girl he realized he loved like a life after all the denials in his own jijaji's arms... 
An immense pain of watching his Sayani Di's life drowning down in dumps... As her much revered husband turned out to be a shameless lecher...
Last but not the least lose of his highly respected and beloved BIL, some one who could get any close to being a father like figure for him ... Some one who has the guts and understanding even to convince him...
His heart break was palpable.. Immensely painful..of a lover.. A brother.. A family man... he wept alone in a no man's land.. Like a true orphan in that dark night...Huh... 
But does that justify his action.. May be that moment does.. The way he loved both these women... Central to his whole existence! where as a far fetched thought wouldn't have agreed with what and how he had done.. But then who has the ability to "think" at the times of tempest and a great tragedy??!!

Welcome back Horizon.πŸ€—

Hope had a good time and why not ,no matter what apna des apna hota hai...😊

Thnx my friend ,I missed your pondering a lot.Arnav the man of actions...I am not that forgiven regardless I love him to the core of my heart.His pain and tears shakes my world as well and I am not forgiving Khushi also the day she found out the true nature of Basilisk and found his shoulder to pour out yet didn't tell him the true reason just her nature is doing everything by herself and not hurting anyone.

In the middle of the road when he is pleading holding her face"Khushi mujhe batana zaroori nahin samjha" ...what else he can say.His trust shattered when she told how whole Gupta family knew but can he burst out at them...no he just the level of love of these ppl living among em.but she deserves every penny of that rage...because she did wrong by hiding it.

Over here regardless he is hurt yet she didn't deserve that all either.Both are wrong and right in their own actions and yes LOVE demands these stupidities as in Love we as parent do certain things ,as siblings we do the same and sometimes in friendship we cross that limit too...but some how spouses and partners are where we truly can show and cast our right out of love ,pain, and other ways.

The time ,the moment which froze in his life at the age of 14 came back again as I was saying this to Indi...Time is playing hide and seek with him and his life doesn't move forward as Anjali asks him ..."bhool jao purani batoon ko.." and he tells he he did...but how can he...Kuch Zakhm Nasoor hote hain..."and today his wound is bigger and deeper than ever...as when you scratch wound it takes more time to heal...

We will discuss along more...got to go to work...

Good to see you my friend...😊

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Lovely cap and post Durga .will comment when come back from work...
Arshi
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi everyone,

for some reason, i am unfocused and a little lost this week... have been meaning to write 182, but thoughts falling all over the place...

when people love each other they often do terrible things to each other too... it seems easy to tell the right from the wrong sometimes... here a strange quandary... what's patently just not done, still finds a point of empathy in me... why i keep wondering. somehow both barun and sanaya slip under the surface of the story and find the real heart of it... it's killing stuff. hope to be back alter tonight with 182.

see ya then.
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SOHARA, my lovely...your 182...you ready to marry the hot and handsome waiter? Cool, you do that. I only want him to push that bang of hair from my forehead. Utna is enough for me to die... doubt i could marry him and breathe! The CV's, they really milked the moments didn't they? He gets a truckload of pattals in the previous one after that adorable look, longing written all over it, as he walked across the verandah. And now he dresses down to serve food to Buaji's guests. But this, the gentle stroke of the face, this was most deadly. Thank you for this GIF cos i was looking for an image of it after watching the episode y'day!

Uff the whole food serving, cleaning up tables, wearing jacket and casually striding away only to turn around and clinch the deal with that punchline! Adorable stuff! You've written it all out, word by word, moment by moment. Made me delirious! And damn right you are, he so knows the affect he has on her...humari bechari ladki...i feel for her...and she portrayed it so wonderfully!

The scene with the rishteydaars at raizada house, i like very much...I love how respectful Khushi is introducing her people to Naaniji. Maami got "bowled out" is a good one! She so did... and then walked back to pavilion, huffing and puffing. Nice way to describe it, SoharaπŸ‘.

And did she really wear that Sari in Chhan Chhan? How strange! πŸ˜• I never did follow the show but i totally don't get this costume/prop borrowing between shows!! I saw a post on the main forum y'day about Arnav's recliner in Ek Baar Phir! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Most annoying, even the thought! Maybe these shows are really trying to borrow the good fortune of IPK... that's the real motive! Duh!! someone needs to tell'em it ain't happening without THIS ladka ladki, and indeed the WHOLE team... how i wish it could all be back again!! Big sigh!

Arnav "ebbing" into thoughts of Khushi during that poolside conversation with Aakash...so natural...and what a precious moment! Ebbing into her thoughts...you say that so astutely! I love this scene. Clever writing, really good acting too.😊

Enjoyed reading the whole thing...and your dedicating it to the farmhouse scene! This really was a lovely episode and i relived each moment with you...thanks.😊

IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi everyone,

for some reason, i am unfocused and a little lost this week... have been meaning to write 182, but thoughts falling all over the place...

when people love each other they often do terrible things to each other too... it seems easy to tell the right from the wrong sometimes... here a strange quandary... what's patently just not done, still finds a point of empathy in me... why i keep wondering. somehow both barun and sanaya slip under the surface of the story and find the real heart of it... it's killing stuff. hope to be back alter tonight with 182.

see ya then.

I've been lost too...slightly depressed actually! Been fighting the feeling but know where it's coming from...reliving these episodes has done it and how things got nipped in the bud- on that terrace - for the most lyrical, passionate, gradual unfolding of feeling i've ever seen! Arnav's "actions"...Khushi's "torment", we're discussing it everyday but my head is a jumble...am unable to process half the stuff i read. My one big thought though is that people make mistakes...all of us do. So human, how things went haywire. In Arnav's place, lemme confess, i would've done the exact same thing. The wanting to set things right when things go wrong makes you do all kinds of things in love. Right or wrong kya hai?

I've been waiting for your 182 but take your time, you ocean humara
πŸ€—
Edited by IssPKaur - 10 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IssPKaur

I've been lost too...slightly depressed actually! Been fighting the feeling but know where it's coming from...reliving these episodes has done it and how things got nipped in the bud- on that terrace - for the most lyrical, passionate, gradual unfolding of feeling i've ever seen! Arnav's "actions"...Khushi's "torment", we're discussing it everyday but my head is a jumble...am unable to process half the stuff i read. My one big thought though is that people make mistakes...all of us do. So human, how things went haywire. In Arnav's place, lemme confess, i would've done the exact same thing. The wanting to set things right when things go wrong makes you do all kinds of things in love. Right or wrong kya hai?

I've been waiting for your 182 but take your time, you ocean humara
πŸ€—

loving this convo ladies, got lost in my ad yesterday but every so often when i had some time to think, the dark knight accompanied with  winds and sounds of wedding bells snuck in my head. and evertime i have watched these episodes Arnav's pain and anguish has filled the air and at the risk of sounding over dramatic...my heart also. In one of the SBS epis, thanks to kate, Barun says it best, there was no sahi ghalat at this time...this actor is so much deeper that he lets one, as is Sanaya but somewhere i get the feeling that Barun has helped Sanaya achieve even more depth...strictly my opinion, i love Sanaya...anyway the pair of them... its simply magical. 

looking fwd to more time here, decided to take a family leave at work till start of next year, seemed like the best thing to do. Not to say it will give me tons and tons of time but it should certainly help :)
Edited by BarunDiwani - 10 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Episode 192, Khushi's breakdown was very heart wrenching. Saloni, I must have mentioned this before too, your gif on the front page is awesome. This scene moved me so much, compelling me to write my first Telugu poem a few months back. I would like to re post the same here.

Episode 192

Ae neraaniki naaku siksha padindi ila
Rakshasuduga maraadu rakumarudu aela
Madhura kshnaala kosam kalalu kannanu
Tiyyani maatala kosam eduru choosanu

Oka oopulo manasu virigipoyindi
Dwesha tufaanulo pelli ayipoyindi
Jarigina daaniki kaaranam teliyaledu
Adigina prasnaku badulu ivvaledu

Baadhato tirigi vellipoyindi sonta janamantaa
Ontariga migili poyaanu anaadhaga

Translation:

For what crime did I get this punishment
Why did the prince turn into a demon (rakshas)
I dreamt of sweet moments
I waited for sweet words

In one move, my heart broke
In a hate storm, marriage took place
Did not know the reason for what happened
Did not give reply to the questions asked

With grief my own people went back
And I remained like an orphan

very sad moment indeed, my heartwa cries for her...though i feel more for ASR and find justification in his actions, this scene is key in showing us that this girl's life has been effected in more ways that one by his actions and regardless of his possessive intense love for her, she has been . and when she comes to her knees and tells arnav that she is an orphan again... πŸ˜­

your poem as usual is on the mark, with i knew Telugu, but the translation is beautiful on its own
and Thanks for sharing your story on how/when you became fan of this actor. Hats off to you for lasting so looonng!!!! πŸ˜† but this speaks volumes of his skills, you are obviously not some lusty teenager, it was purly his skills that made you his fan :) yay for Barun!
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Soni, love the dark edit, the star is not bothersome..and i second Indi, make one for a current epi, the temple scene in these colort would look very classy :)

Kate you're too good!!

BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Horizon, what a comeback post. Welcome back. πŸ€— Thanks for liking my poem. Golden words there, Satyam vada, Dharmam chara. Bang on about ASR suffering 3 heart breaks. The line line is bold, absolutely true.

Welcom back Horizon!!! and thank you for this wonderful post, three heart breaks...yes indeed. The man was practically living for his sister before Khushi fell into his lap, and now he had finally started to live for himself, smile because he was happy, truelly happy and so ready to  put down his weapon of farq, it all got snatched away from him. so that last line you so aptly wrote, i agree with a 100%%%