starsarun thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Mistake

'Party all night!! Party all night!! Party all night!! Let's do Party all night!'

A girl in her mid- twenties was entering her home while humming the tune. She was fully drunk. While entering in, she stumbled on door step but someone held her from her waist to save her from falling. Girl reacted weird after seeing a hand on her waist. As she was drunk, her mind was not able to register anything clearly. She started touching that hand and caresses it. 'Haww Three hands. How? I was just having two hands.' She pouted and thought that she is having three hands now and didn't like the idea.

But the boy who was holding her was hell shocked. May be shocked would be understatement for him.

'Khushi, what is this? He asked her.'

'I am hearing something too.' Khushi said to herself and cleared her ears with her fingers but didn't turn her head to any side.

'Here Khushi. See it is me, Arnav!'

'Arnav' Khushi whispered and turned her head to see him. She blinked her eyes many of times to clear the view. She realized that he was indeed Arnav.

'Am I hallucinating?' Khushi started caressing Arnav's face with her hands.'You are back, Arnav.'

Arnav got confused. Her words were forming question or a statement, even before he can realize that Khushi's whole weight fall over him. She was no more conscious.

Arnav was shocked to see his wife; his Khushi like that coming home late at night, fully drunk. She smelt bad but still he picked her up and took her in the bedroom and tucked her in the bed.

Next morning...

Khushi woke up and yawned. She sat up and was removing quilt when a hand with medicine came before her. She frowned and looked up. Her eyes go round after seeing Arnav. She was shocked to see him there. But he was just frowning and trying to register new happenings around him in his home.

'Take medicines Khushi. You need it.'

But Khushi rejected and slightly pushed his hand away. 'No No, I don't need them Arnav.' 'But when did you come home?' She asked while getting up from bed. She smiled and hugged him. 'How are you Arnav and...'

But Arnav interrupted. 'Why don't you need medicines? Are you... Are you habitual of alcohol?'

Arnav's question shocked Khushi. She backed off away from him.

Arnav understood and clarified, 'I came back last evening Khushi.'

After that Khushi realized and turned around but Arnav held her hand and stopped her.

'What is happening Khushi? You had always hated alcohol and now.'

'So what Arnav? People change, so do I. what is the big deal in it?' Khushi replied while scrunching her nose like druggists do. Then she checked the time, it was 8 am.

'Hmm That's why!' She whispered to herself and opened her closet before freeing her wrist from Arnav. She started checking all lockers but she was not able to find what she wanted.

'Finding them?' Arnav asked Khushi and offered her a box full of some packets.

'How did you have them?' Khushi hissed and tried to snatch the box but Arnav threw the whole box on the opposite wall.

'How dare you?' Khushi shouted and turned to pick them up. But Arnav held her wrist to pull her which made her fall on his chest.

Arnav was furious to see Khushi's ill-behaviour. The change in her which shocked him most, His Khushi was druggist. He closed his eyes to gulp down his anger for a while.

'Stop struggling Khushi and answer me.'

'What is happening Khushi? You... you are even taking drugs! How can you be a...' His heart literally broke into pieces while calling her with that word.

'So what? Did you ask me last eight months that how are you? Are you living or not in this house alone! You just cared for your promotion and left me here all alone.' 

'You actually never cared for me! I didn't want to kill myself alive so founded solace where I can.' She laughed upon him after shouting furiously.

'Are you feeling shame now after knowing that your wife is addicted now?' She mocked him and laughed again. But her breath was getting shallow. Slowly, slowly she started coughing badly.

'Khushi... Khushi, what happen?' 'Do you want water?' Arnav asked Khushi but she was continuously coughing.

Khushi lost her consciousness after vomiting blood on the floor.

Arnav got her hospital and admitted her. He was standing outside the ward in which doctors were checking Khushi.

Doctor came out and asked Arnav 'Mr. Raizada, where is Ms. Payal?'

'Payal is Khushi's friend doctor and...'

But doctor cut him off. 'I know Mr. Raizada that she is patient's friend. You just please call her and tell her to come here immediately with patient's previous reports.'

Arnav agreed and called Payal. Previously Payal was shocked too but then she recovered herself and came to hospital for Khushi.

'Ms. Payal Sharma we had already warned you about her. She is an asthma patient and alcohol affects her badly. But her condition is telling us that she never stopped consuming alcohol.' Doctor was furious and lashed out on Payal for carelessness done according to him. But he was unaware to whole truth.

'I am her husband. Why are you not telling me anything?' Arnav interrupted him in anger. He thought that doctor was thinking that Payal is more close to Khushi.

Doctor turned towards him and frowned. 'I know.' He replied to Arnav and eyed Payal. Then he left to ward to start the procedure fast for Khushi.

Payal was just crying silently. She was feeling helpless for not being able to do anything for her friend.

Arnav got furious and was going behind doctor when Payal blocked his way.

'No Arnavji. Don't interrupt them. Let them do their work.'

'What? Are you serious Payal? Didn't you see how he reacted with me?'

'How does it matter Arnavji. And I think he was right too.' Payal was controlling her anger all along but then she too didn't stopped  and continued. 'When they called you before, do you remember what you answered? I am busy. You were the one who did mistake by leaving Khushi here. You knew that she had no one other than you. You did what you wanted so she.' 'This is your mistake Mr. Raizada.' Payal was furious and lashed out on him when Khushi's crying images came in her mind.

Arnav got devastated and realized his mistake.

'No! Not a mistake, it was the biggest mistake of my life.' He whispered before sliding along the wall and sat on the ground.

'Khushi!!...'

'Arnav!' 'Arnav what happen?' 'Why did you shout my name? You scared me.'

'I am fine. It was just glass that slipped from my hands Arnav.' Khushi said while running to Arnav in living room and hugged him.

Arnav hugged her back tightly. He still remembered his horrible morning dream in which his wife; his only family became addicted when he left her all alone for US for the new upcoming venture.

'I will not leave Khushi. I will not leave you Khushi. I just have you. I can't leave you all alone.' Arnav said while kissing her face continuously to which Khushi just nodded.

'I am scared to do mistake Khushi.'

Khushi didn't understand the meaning behind his words but hugged him again...

Thank you for Reading. I hope you all liked it.

For link to my another OS Romance - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3729436

SS Issaq Tera - https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3709513 

Edited by starsarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeWantBanana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Awww so cute! Well written!! Looking forward to reading more of your OSs!
cheesemad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
very well written:)
So all this was a dream, you scared me:)
Keep writing:)
..Sugar_ArHi.. thumbnail
My place. Will be back soon

I was so lost in thiz OS n trying to find answer for every question wic is running in my mind
why? How?
She have alcohols n drugs too
i was shocked as tz was really a new khushi
n knowing that arnav leave her make her turn like thiz ๐Ÿ˜•
but there come d reall fun ๐Ÿ˜†
it was just a dream

lucky i didnt cry if not i hv smack u ๐Ÿ˜†

write more OS really enjoy reading it. Its unique n master piece โญ๏ธ Edited by ..Sugar_ArHi.. - 10 years ago
dieforasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
awesome...Even I don't want to see the mistakes in ARSHI's life.. Edited by dieforasr - 10 years ago
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome
At first I thought that it was reality that khushi was suffering too much because of arnav carelessness. But it was all a DREAM.
Lovely OS
_sree_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow...beautifully written ...
awesome os dear...
7_sneha_7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First I thought...

What happened... and was confused and all like this... ๐Ÿ˜•

But at the end...

It was just soo cute...

Great work...

Kudos for it...
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
sooo all the while he was dreaming...
but these types of dreams?? is that a warning ???
-Xpress- thumbnail
interesting...so it was all a dream
loved the concept