Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

McNinja thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
^^ the question is indeed simple. I got confused as to what I should call fair or dark because I realized what I call tan, others may call charcoal πŸ˜† How should I overcome this conundrum? 
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In the end point is what one person feels about this issue of skin color and beauty and what he or she considers himself or herself to be. Now if one persons idea of fairness or dark tone is different then we cannot do anything about that. I think it does not matter anyway because point is what one feels about 2 categories while belonging to one of the 2 categories.

I think I am getting too serious here. lol. The reseach is not apriori. I am doing my best. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Do you find dark skin color beautiful?

Yes. Just as beautiful as any other skin color.

If we have same features will you find dark or fair beautiful?

That depends on the features. I find prominent jaw and cheek lines more attractive on dark people. I find dimples or light colors of eyes more attractive on fair people. Muscular sinewy people look better with well tanned skin. The ripples can look creepy on fair people. If someone is slight or daintily built I feel fair is more attractive. Darker people look weird if they are petite.

If all other things are same, will you marry a dark o fair person?

If every other single aspect is exactly the same and it boils down to only physical features. If it is a smaller person with dimples and light eyes, I'll pick fair. But if it is a muscular person with well defined jaw and cheek lines, I'll pick dark.

Forever-KA thumbnail
The second group is basically those who find dark beautiful or they dont care or have conditions.

This is another way to look at it. I cannot divide it into three groups i.e.

fair better
dark better
conditional

in the end its about two mindsets. one considers fair as better. other one does not
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: King-Anu

NumNum and Ninja. I understand all that. Of course there are issues with this resarch. As I said in my second post what exactly is fair? I also know some answers were made as a joke. However I cannot rule on that and have to go with the self-report. 

As LP said, the topic here is simple. Answer

Do you find dark skin color beautiful?
If we have same features will you find dark or fair beautiful?
If all other things are same, will you marry a dark o fair person?

1-Once you answe those I will put you in one of the two groups

2-Then to test "NumNum theory of beautivity" I asked what do you consider yourself. 

Right now the results are following. I appreciate more and complete data.

Concordant
Discordant

Find fair beautiful
- Miss/Mr. Zephy
- Mr NumNum
- Miss Planet
Find dark beautiful/Do not care
- Miss Laila - I'm not dark skinned
- Miss Aarya
- Miss Hades - coal black as "african"
- Miss Daisy
- Miss Moomin I have a pretty fair skin tone
- Miss Shweta - lighter than the average Indian
- charminggenie

ps so far none from the first group has answered what they consider themselves

lol talking about "discordant"πŸ˜›, i noticed following "discordant" notes in your research-

1. page 1=> I answered the questions. I might have even been the first one to do so. So your conclusion above ref me is false. Kabhi toh credit dohπŸ˜†

2. the question at the start presented two choices Fair OR dark. Somewhere along the way, we seem to have added a third (Do not care). Shifty, very shifty fox.πŸ˜†

so much for folks being able to debate.πŸ˜† This proposition or that proposition means mongolians, DNA sequences, both, hmongs. It's really fun stuff, isn't it?πŸ˜†

btw, coming to do not care, what is meant by that? Koi bhi chalega?πŸ˜†
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: King-Anu

The second group is basically those who find dark beautiful or they dont care or have conditions.

This is another way to look at it. I cannot divide it into three groups i.e.

fair better
dark better
conditional

in the end its about two mindsets. one considers fair as better. other one does not

lol that's amazing logic buddy. The choices presented were:

fair is better Or
dark is better

that's not the same as fair versus everything else, like you have now. Got to work on set theory apart from logicπŸ˜† 

and it is about what folks are willing to state in a public forum. I am sure we'll even have folks here who'll say they would kill to have a blackie kid. Talk about some people and what they'll say. Kuch bhiπŸ˜†
Forever-KA thumbnail
lol talking about "discordant"πŸ˜›, i noticed following "discordant" notes in your research-

1. page 1=> I answered the questions. I might have even been the first one to do so. So your conclusion above ref me is false. Kabhi toh credit dohπŸ˜†

2. the question at the start presented two choices Fair OR dark. Somewhere along the way, we seem to have added a third (Do not care). Shifty, very shifty fox.πŸ˜†

so much for folks being able to debate.πŸ˜† This proposition or that proposition means mongolians, DNA sequences, both, hmongs. It's really fun stuff, isn't it?πŸ˜†

btw, coming to do not care, what is meant by that? Koi bhi chalega?πŸ˜†

NumNum,

1- You indeed answered the questions on first page. However I still do not know if you are fair or dark compared to average sub-continent person. Therefore you are showing up as incomplete.

2- The idea to test "NumNum theory of Beautivity" came somehwere in between. It has nothing to do with first page anyway. Initial pages were just asking about those 3 questions.

3- You later said those who say dark is beautiful are themselves with that shade. I then thought that it could also be that those who are fair in our society tend to be more confident of themselves and therefore more positive as well. This is why I dont think NumNum theory of beauty will hold true as such people will dilute the results.

4- I did say it was not apriori meaning not set from the start.

5- As I said technically it should be fair is better, dark is better or do not care. However I think two group do makes sense from social point of view. On one hand are people who find fair better. On the other hand are people who do not believe in that mindset that fair is better. It also helped with numbes

I dont think this is going anywhere. We are not getting new data. I also agree there is element of saying all this in front of others as well. Thats is usually a problem with any self-report.

Lets leave the NumNum theory of beautivity for people to decide. lol
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Everyone is beautiful in their own way, 😊...but If it takes you more than a hour to get ready, then you aren't as cute as you think you are!!!πŸ₯± Edited by Vinzy - 10 years ago
-Aiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
No big deal, white people often tan, or wear foundation to appear browner. I don't see why this is being made out to be a problem. I don't hear outcry at false tanning!
LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aiza-

No big deal, white people often tan, or wear foundation to appear browner. I don't see why this is being made out to be a problem. I don't hear outcry at false tanning!

πŸ˜†really who told you so? foundation is worn to get even tone, not to look browner unless you mean bronzer?
Previous
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Next