Buddha

About The Show and Star Cast

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
If anyone gets further information about the rest of the  star-cast details ,plss update it here so that I can get it all done for our forum by asking the admins 😳

About the Show

"Believing in Yourself is Not a Religion...  It's a Way of Life!" If a man who walked the earth in the year 500 BCE had the vision to say something that remains so relevant in the year 2013, it is no wonder, then, that he is counted amongst the most important personalities to have been born in the recorded history of Nepal - Buddha!

We have all read about Buddha at one point or the other. Yet, so much remains to be explored about this powerful, magnetic thought leader who woke up to the 'Ultimate Truth' under the Bodhi Tree. For instance, did you know that it was Prince Siddharth who pioneered elephant warfare in his time? Do any of us even know what he was like, as a child? What were the influences that shaped his thinking as a youth? We know the leader and his school of thought, but little do we know about the beautiful person within.    

Presenting Siddhartha's illustrious journey of being born in the lap of luxury as a prince to his growing years to denouncing his throne and living the life of an ascetic to attaining 'The Awakening' is Zee TV's next historical magnum opus 'Buddha' produced by Spice Studios.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
About the Star-Cast

Himanshu Soni as Siddhartha Gautama Buddha
Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhrtha Gautama,Shakyamunior simply the Buddha, was a sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.A native of the ancient Shakya republic in the Himalayan foothills,Gautama Buddha taught primarily in northeastern India.

Kajal Jain as Princess Yashodhara
She plays Wife of Buddha ho would eventually bear him a son.

Vishesh Bansal as Young Siddhartha Gautam Buddha

Ananya Agarwal
as Young Yashodhara

Kabir Bedi  as Asit Muni

Sage and Guru Asit is a sage and was the Kul Guru of Sihahanu, father of king Suddhodana and was the teacher of the Suddhodana when he was a child. He is highly respected by King Suddhodana. Asit renounces the world and lives a life of recluse in the Himalaya's meditating and has developed various siddhi powers. On learning of Siddhartha's birth through his yogic powers, he immediately goes to King Suddhodana palace and asks to see the child and declares the new born will be the King of Kings.

Sameer Dharmadhikari as King Shuddhodhana
Father of Siddhartha / Buddha King Suddhodana, who is of Shakyan caste, is a righteous king who rules over Kapilavastu. As a young prince he excelled in warfare and swordsmanship. He is an ideal husband and a loving father, a simple and honest person, living for his family and for the people of his kingdom. He is able, just and righteous and has always been yearning for a son since marriage, and when he is blessed with a son, he is worried for his son's welfare as he is destined to leave the house and lead a life of a sanyasi.
Buddha visits Kapilavastu to give his last discourse to his dying father. On hearing the Dhamma, King Suddhodana attained Arahanthship (a perfected one who has attained nirvana). The Buddha is about forty years old at the time of His father's death.

Nigaar Z. Khan   as Mangala
Paternal Aunt to Siddhartha Wife of Dronodana and mother of Devdutt; She is a princess of Koliya and was hopeful that King Suddhodana will marry her; but Suddhodana marries Mahanama and as a result she has to marry Dronodana. She is a cunning and vicious woman and these traits she ingrains in her son Devdutt.

Reshmi Ghosh as New Mangala

Deepika Upadhyay 
as Mahadevi Mahamaya
Queen My of Sakya (Mydev) was the birth mother of Gautama Buddha, the sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded, and the sister of Mahpajpati Goutami, the first Buddhist nun ordained by the Buddha..
In Buddhist tradition Maya died soon after the birth of Buddha, generally said to be seven days afterwards, and came to life again in a Buddhist heaven, a pattern that is said to be followed in the births of all Buddhas.[1] Thus Maya did not raise her son who was instead raised by his maternal aunt Mahapajapati Gotami Maya would, however, on occasion descend from Heaven to give advice to her son.

Preeti Gandwani as Mahaprajapati Gautami
She is younger sister of Mahadevi Mahamaya and younger queen of King Shuddhodhana..  She is both maternal aunt and step mother of Gautama Buddha..she raised Sidhartha after Mahamaya passed away.. she was first bhikkhuni

Siddharth Vasudev  as Dronadhan

Amit Behl as Guru Vachaspati

Gungun Uprari  as Queen Prajapati

Hemant Choudhary as Mahamantri

Surbhi Shukla as Loshika

Vandana Lalwani as Amita

Rishina Kandhari as Mohini

Arun Bali as Gurudev
Edited by jyoti06 - 10 years ago
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks Jyoti.  
Two actresses plays Queen Prajapati?  Preeti Gandwani & Gunjan Uprari !!!!!
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
plz add deepika upadhya's name in popular cast list
jyoti06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

thanks Jyoti.  

Two actresses plays Queen Prajapati?  Preeti Gandwani & Gunjan Uprari !!!!!

I hv given both the names in above post 😳

Preeti's name will b added soon .. we hv forwarded the list to the admins .. only they can updt the names .. so wait for sometime 😊
Ms.SK thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

I hv given both the names in above post 😳

Preeti's name will b added soon .. we hv forwarded the list to the admins .. only they can updt the names .. so wait for sometime 😊

I am not suggesting to add Preeti's name.   In your above post, you mention two actresses Preeti and Gunjan playing Queen Prajapati i.e.
Preeti Gandwani as Mahaprajapati Gautami
Gungun Uprari  as Queen Prajapati 

So I queried.   I thought it is Gunjan who plays Prajapati.
So what character Preeti Gandwani will play!!!!  you better check
Edited by Ms.S.K. - 10 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

I am not suggesting to add Preeti's name.   In your above post, you mention two actresses Preeti and Gunjan playing Queen Prajapati i.e.
Preeti Gandwani as Mahaprajapati Gautami
Gungun Uprari  as Queen Prajapati 

So I queried.   I thought it is Gunjan who plays Prajapati.
So what character Preeti Gandwani will play!!!!  you better check

They both r wives of the king .. thats why 😳.. if u see Preeti's description , I hv clearly written she plays younger wife of the king .. in those days kings used to hv 2-3 wives 😊
Ms.SK thumbnail
thanks.   at the moment we see Gunjun as queen prajapati
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
deepika is playing elder queen mahamaya gungun is playing younger queen prajapati..that's all i know

LeadNitrate thumbnail
one will be Buddha's mom , queen mahamaya and another is gautami, mahamaya's sister who will bring him up. maybe the confusion hence?