GROUP FF LSD CH 5 c] Closer - updated

naina927 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Love S** Dhoka

by Fiza (Fiza28),
Annie (PhoenixRadar), & Naina (naina927) 

Hello all EHMMBHians!!!
How're all of you? Hope all's well and good!
So here today we present to you a Group FF on Virat-Maanvi, written by three of us, as you can see our names in the right corner of this post just below the Title of this FF! We'll be posting chapters one-by-one, and it'll be posted by any three of us.
The storyline is very different from the one on the show, and it's kind of a thriller and a mystery one. Hope you guys enjoy it! Happy reading! 😃

**Characters**

Maanvi Choudhary Vadhera - Nia Sharma
Virat Vadhera - Kushal Tandon
Viren Vadhera - Karan Tacker
Jeevika Arora - Krystal D'souza
Muskaan

[NOTE:Other characters will be added as the story progresses]
PS  : i naina have recently joined fiza and anne... we will try to complete this ff... and the previous thread was closed thats why opened a new one...
Edited by naina927 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naina927 thumbnail

PROLOGUE

She wiped her hands with a napkin and hung it back by the sink. All the dishes were washed, dried and put back in their respective drawers. She reached out for the covered bowl, containing Viren's favourite curry and put it back in the refrigerator, when a pair of arms snaked their way around her waist. Shocked, she turned to see who it was and sighed in relief.

Maanvi: Oh! It's you! (turning back, while shaking her head in disbelief, and keeping back the curry)

Viren: (resting his chin on her shoulder and his head on the side of her head) Hmm...? Were you expecting someone else? (with a teasing voice, while dipping his finger into the bowl and raising it to his mouth to taste it)

Maanvi: (slapping his hand lying on her waist playfully) Shut up!! And what is this Viren? I've told you not to dip your finger like this! It's not good manners! (in a motherly voice)

Viren: Why? (thrusting his finger forward to her face) You want to taste? It's my favourite curry you know! (wiggling his eyebrows and acting all innocent)

Maanvi: (playing along) Oh really? (slapping away his raised hand) Stop it!!

Viren: (hugging her from the back again) *sigh* You make such wonderful curry, Maan! (nuzzling her neck and dropping a kiss near her ear) Can't help it, yaar!

Maanvi: Um hmm... (closing her eyes briefly at the kiss dropped near her ear) I've told you a lot many times to not scare me like that na? (resting her arms on his arms and swaying a bit)

Viren: Oh! (turning Maanvi to face him, by her waist) So my Jhansi ki Rani gets scared too? (putting a few strands of hair behind her ear)

Maanvi: (her mouth forming an 'O' as if offended) Haww... (closing her mouth and slapping his shoulder) How dare you?

Viren: Oww... (scrunching up his nose)

Maanvi: Your Jhansi ki Rani is never scared! (looking at Viren's knowing face) Ohkay! Sometimes yes! But not always! (widening her eyes in finality)

Viren: Really? (breaking into a laugh)

After laughing together, his laughter slowed down, as he watched Maanvi laughing heartily. Maanvi stopped laughing on feeling Viren watching her intently. She looked deeply into his eyes, her eyes shining with tears.
He raised his hand up to wipe them away, and then let his hand cup her cheek. He leaned in slowly, when Maanvi pushed at his chest.

Maanvi: (whispering) Muskaan will see!

Viren: (eyes widening and his mouth forming an 'O' like hers and his head nodding in a 'yes') Oh! Yeah!

Maanvi nodded with him, and the next minute, she felt a sweet peck on her lips and she was left stunned.

Maanvi: I told you not to! (raising a finger to his chest)

Viren: (twitching his lips) That wasn't for you! (nodding in negative)

Maanvi: (her with an obvious expression) Oh really? (her eyes focused like an eagle on his face)

Viren: It was for him! (his eyes indicating her stomach)

Maanvi looked down at her own stomach, and realised that there was another life stirring beneath those plush layers of her inner body. There wasn't a bump yet, because they had found out about it just a few days back. They had decided to announce it soon, at the right time. She rested a hand there on her stomach and looked up with tears in her eyes into his. He shook his head in a 'no' so to tell her not to cry and wiped her tears away. He cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead and let his lips stay there for a few more moments.

Viren: And this... was for you! (nodding at her and looking down at her) Thank you, Maan! Thank you for such a wonderful gift!

Maanvi: No.. (shaking her head in negative) I should thank you! Thank you, Viren, for giving this beautiful gift!! (tears brimming in her eyes again) If you hadn't married me, I would've...

Viren: (hushing her by keeping a finger at her lips) That was in the past, Maanvi! Leave it! In fact, it is good that it happened, otherwise I would never have come across such a wonderful person like you! (smiling gently)

Maanvi: (sniffing and nodding a 'yes') That toh I am! (nodding and standing straighter to indicate it as the truth)

Viren: Oh yes! (raising his eyebrows and smiling widely)

The two shared a chuckle and hugged.

Maanvi: Good night! (smiling widely)

Viren: Wha-- No! (holding her back to him again)

Maanvi: What 'No'?! (slapping at his hands to leave her) Don't you remember? You have an important case tomorrow! (trying to break free) Chalo! Go and get some sleep!

Viren: (resting his head on her shoulders again) Um hmm! (nodding a 'no') I want to spend some time with you! Some...quality time!

Maanvi: (brushing his hair with her fingers) We can spend some quality time later! Come on, Viren! Please!... Go na! (furrowing her eyebrows and pouting)

Viren: Vaise bhi, after Muskaan, there hasn't been much quality time to spend with you!

Maanvi: (laughing) Definitely! She takes up most of our time, but that isquality time! Don't you think? Family time.. Quality time? (raising her eyebrows in askance)

Viren: That is Family Time! I want to spend some Quality Time... with my Wife! (pulling her closer to himself)

Maanvi: Viren! (warningly)

Viren: Hmm? (looking up to her serious face and sighing) Ohkay! Fine! I'm going! Good night! But you better come fast, okay? I can't really wait anymore! (leaving her and turning to walk back into their room, not before seeing her nod in positive)

Their room.. At first it was his room. After marriage too, it still was his room, but after a year full of understanding and togetherness, it had finally become their room. Before Maanvi used to sleep in their daughter Muskaan's room, but ever since they realised their love for each other, she had moved permanently into his.. No, Their room.

Maanvi, ever so slowly opened the door to Muskaan's yellow painted room. The lights were off, so a stream of bluish white flowed in through the door opening, lighting up the centre of the room and the bed that lay right there. The covers were strewn, so shaking her head in disbelief, she walked up to the bed and lifted the covers properly and bent to lay it on her daughter's small body, when..
She felt nothing below her hands. confused she raised her blanket and set it back down near the foot board of the bed. There was an impression on the mattress, indicating that her little angle was sleeping there. Was? She..., thought Maanvi, as she waved her hands about to feel for her daughter's body, but felt nothing but thin air.
She reached out to the switch board behind her and turned to look at the now softlt illuminated room. Then it struck her. Oh! So she wants to play! Even now, after playing for three hours continuous?, she crossed her arms across her chest and chewing her cheek. Shaking her head in disbelief, and sighing heavily and walked forward to the other side of the bed.

Maanvi: Muski? (in a knowing voice) Muski? Come on! Come out! (looking down at the bed's underneath area that lay covered by the bedsheets hanging by the sides of the bed) Muski! (twitching her lips, bending down and lifting the covers to see underneath the bed) Mus-- (she looked to and fro only to find nothing)

She lowered herself more and went inside and looked again to find nothing again. She came out and rested her hand on the bed, as a pale fear spread through her chest. She brushed back her strands and straightened to walk about in the room to lift, turn, peek in, looking for even a single sign of Muskaan.

Maanvi: Muskaan? (with an undertone of panic) Muskaan?? Muskaan, now come on out!! (raising a finger and pointing nowhere) Enough of playing!! (knocking off the huge teddy bear down to see if she's hiding behind it) Mus-- Muskaan, enough is enough! Come on, beta! Please? Your mamma is getting tired beta! Please, Muski Angel? Your mamma's scared now baba!! (with every single hope clinging at her heart)

Her lips quivered as she looked on with every single hope in her, trying to ignore the obviousness of the situation and also the obviousness of the hopelessness of it all.

Maanvi: (whispering) No...No... (nodding in negative to herself, while stepping back from the corner and walking still with eyes wide open) No...No...

The situation was obvious and crystal clear. The absence of her little angels laughter, smile, cry, anything related to her, her voice, everything, pointed to one thing, she now dreaded with all her might. It only meant one and only one thing... She was..

"MUSKAAN!!"
naina927 thumbnail
**** CHAPTER 1 ****
MATCHES ARE MADE IN HEAVEN
                BY FIZA

Maanvi looking completely gorgeous in her wedding dress walked down the Stairs with her friends around her. Khushi to her right , her bro Daboo on the left and Today was her wedding day the day that every girl waits and dreams for, but instead of being thrilled she was terrified. The reason being that she was emotional blackmailed and forced in to marring a guy she didn't love for get love someone she barely even knew this was only beacuse of that horrible incident that happend in college and that heartless casanova

maanvi's mind: Come on Manvi i get a hold of yourself be strong, today your life will change for ever your getting married ,you have to do this for your family. Just thing about papa, chachu, Beji Daboo you cant back out now.

maanvi's heart: Main aisa kaise kar sakthi hoon. I don't know why but I cant get my self to trust gyaan, even though he Promised me he will always keep me happy, but I have this gut feeling that keeps telling me he is not the right guy for me. I just want to scream and run away from this situation(closing her eyes) ya Rabba please let me be wrong about gyaan and let this new chapter in life be the beginning of the most beautiful journey of my life please help me please.(maanvi looks up at the guest ) she passes by viren to go sit at the mandap

(Viren looking at maanvi i and thinking )Viren's heart: why do i feel this bride is one of the saddest i have ever seen ? it's her wedding day..every girl waits for a day like today but why does it seem that she is dreading it wwhy am i feeling this girls pain ?
Viren's mind: wait is she being forced into this shaadi ?is this out of her will ...come on viren cool it your at someones wedding stop thinking like a lawyer

khushi (putting her hand on Maanvi's shoulder trying to make her feel relax) : maanvi i you look Stunning ' don't worry it will all work out just give yourself a chance to try and understand him then time will make everything fall into place for get about everything taht happend . Now please smile. says khushi

for the 1st time Khushi di you proved u have Brains great advice you gave my sister.says dabbu

Oye Dabba excuse me but you're the one who has no brains. says Khushi

who ever marries u is insane Khushi Di I tell you and Maanvi di everything will ok main ho na your body guard brother says dabbu.

OMG! Maanvi look the jiju is looking at you says dabbu

maanvi looks up a lil but doesnt notice her would be husband she is too lost in thought

As she sat in the mandap beside him, her heart rate started to beat faster. She look at her soon to be husband gyaan. he smiled at her but his smile didnt touch her at all . she could belive she was actually getting married to a guy she barely knew she Maanvi the jahnsi ki rani was hell scared of this strange man sitting near her for the firt time in life she didnt know how get out of sucha stiutaion The marriage began. They started the rituals as she tried to hold back the tears.

suddenly the Groom's mother stop's the rituals the phire wont start till you give us another 75 lacs and a papers to your property in chandighar says the woman

everyone was shocked but not as much as maanvi was she had no idea that the grooms family were so damn greedy .she looked up at her would be husband stairing at him with pleading eyes to stop the nonsences at once

she felt betrayed she felt as if her family was selling her trading her to the grooms family she couldnt take it any more she stood up

she clapped her hands

"wow" just amazing our you a mother or a business woman? disgusting shame on you you being a woman how can you do this toa young gurl on her wedding day? How dare you make such demands and take advatage of my family helplessness . im nota toy or piec of furnture to be sold ...you cant bid on me ..and you know what im not for sale im priceless... you will regret what you have said .says manvi poining a finger at the old lady..

Manvi beta please chup ho jao says her chacha

no chachu why should i looking at the groom this fool this Bhalu (bear ) you chose for me he hasnt said a word is at if the cat has got his toung .. you thought this guy would be there for me care for me love me ...thank god this didnt happen ..and you guys looking at the grooms family just wait at watch (snaps her fingers and points at them) anyone has a cell i can use i need to call the police no one was giving there cell phones

just then Viren steps forwards and hands her his cellphone.

Here you go you may use mine says Viren

Maanvi looks at him *Eye lock *
She takes the cell phone and dials the police
little while later the police arrive and take the groom's family away.
Everyone else is also leaving
Beeji and chachu our crying
maanvi beta why tum kyun yeh sab crys beeji
haan beta this wasnt the right way says chachu.
kya ofcourse it was they were greedy pigs they had learn a lesson am i sucha burden on you all that you wanted me to marry these down market people says maanvi
noo Maanvi beta but who will marry you now huh? says beeji
haan maanvi beta once a girl is left at the mandap no wants to marry sucha girl says chachu .
I will marry sucha amazing girl says a voice
you all should be proud of her what she did was very brave ... its remarkable to see someone stand up for what's just and right and i would be honored to marry such a girl that is if she and you all agree says Viren
Mr. Viren Vadhera India's #1 lawyer says chachu
please call be viren or beta says viren
Beeji, Chachu, im ready to marry him I dont know why
but i feel as if i can trust him im sure he will never hurt me says maanvi
she looks up at him at smiles
The Phire are over viren then putsthe mangalsutra and sindoor on her ...
the Sindoor falls on her nose a little
Maanvi beta you are very lucky this is a sign that he will love you very much says beeji
maanvi smiles and blushs
viren whispers this hint of scarlet on your cheecks suites you well you look beautiful

****EYE LOCK****
naina927 thumbnail

**** CHAPTER 2 ****

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
       BY TICH

Manvi was sitting in the passenger seat of the car outside Viren's apartment while he was seriously engaged on the phone call standing a bit away. He stole occasional glances at Manvi, he smiled at a point and reciprocated. He then cut the call and was coming to her. Manvi was about to get out of the car to talk to him. Viren immediately stopped her.

-"No, Manvi. You are newlywed bride; it's not good to come out like this in this attire. All the eyes will roam on you" he said protectively.

She blinked her eyes. He then sat in the car and drove to his colony.

"My family. They are okay with this marriage. Infact they are happy" he told her. Manvi was relieved. She could make out that Viren's family adore him.

The night-watchman saluted him as he opened the gates. He stopped the car at a two storey independent house. He came out, feeling lucky that it's night time and his neighbors would have slept selling their horses. He opened the door for Manvi.

She stepped out in a slow and cautious manner. She looked at the house. Simple yet appealing.

-"huh.. actually, I'm an ordinary man with ordinary lifestyle" he said looking down in a slant.

-"I love ordinary" she said, assertively.

Viren was at a relief. He was sure that they'll soon forgo their strangers tag.

They took few strides towards the home, he then stopped her at the entrance.

"wait here" he said, "I'll be back in a minute"

Manvi looked around. A trouble-free and undemanding environment. There are certain positive vibes in that house, she determined to make it a home. Manvi Chaudhary began to admire her husband. She was surprised that how soon the respect turned into admiration.

Viren came at that moment with a steel pot of rice and a plate of til oil lamp, vermilion and turmeric. Manvi smiled at him as Viren was bit embarrassed.

-"actually, bua told me to make all these arrangements for her daughter-in-law, so'" he said childishly.

Manvi had a huge curve of smile on her face. Viren did the aarti and put vermilion on the partition of her hair and turmeric on her throat. He gave sandalwood paste to her to put it on her mangalsutra. Then she hit the pot with her toe, eventually a fair amount of rice fell into the house.

-"Put your right foot in first" he said, already in a friendly manner.

-"if you can join me too'." She said blushing.

Viren felt honoured. He was sure that like this very soon Mani will be a good wife.

He stepped out of the house and stood beside her. Both didn't wasn't to step first, fearing that would disgrace the other. However without saying anything they decided to put their feet in together. They caught each other's hands in the process of plummeting avoidance; their first touch. It had a special effect on them, of assurance and loyalty. They blinked eyes at each other and stepped in with correct timing.

After some time, Manvi was sitting on the bed in Viren's room. The bed had a good quality cotton bedsheet and pillow cover. 'indeed viren's taste is very simple' she thought in approbation.

Viren entered the room with a glass of milk, cut fruits and Maggie. Manvi looked at them surprised.

-"huh.. I know you must not have eaten anything since morning. Adjust with this for now" he said.

-"that's really considerate of you" she said and took the plate from him.

She was about to eat a spoon of instant noodles when she lifted her chin.

-"you must be hungry too" she said, concerned.

-"No. I filled my tummy heartily at the wedding" he said with a gasp, making his voice huskier. Manvi gave a faint smile.

A little while later, it was the time to react. Both were ready.

-"manvi" he spoke breaking the silence, "I know you are good girl and don't have any objections too. But as my wife I want you to know everything about me"

-"I'm listening" she said.

The hums of the air conditioner were clearer.

"As you know my full name is Viren Vadhera, a lawyer by profession. I belong to an upper middle class family. It has my maa Vanshika, bua Swamini and Dadaji, who is a retired lawyer. They stay in Hrishikesh. I stay alone here in Chandigarh but I'm a regular man who is into serious work, family, parties, get-togethers, films and shopping. But in my budget"

He looked at her.

-"go on" she said.

-"if you want to ask me something then you can" he gave her the opportunity.

-Manvi twitched her lips, "what should I ask?" she barely managed to say, "but yes, there's just one question. Why did you come forward to marry me? You are the best lawyer in Chandigarh, you can anyone. You need not marry a girl who was left on her wedding"

-"no one has left you, you have sent them away. And that's the reason I wished to marry you" he said confidently.

"look manvi, I never thought of marrying some dream girl. Infact I just wanted a girl who doesn't have many wishes in life yet is independent to take her decisions strongly. When I saw you and your nature, I thought perhaps you'll understand me"

Manvi's eyes were filled with immense esteem for him.

-"Viren," she said, "I want you to know me as well. I'm a typical college go-er studying commerce. Or should I say was. I dropped out and was going to marry the person my parents chose for me"

-viren interrupted, "you dropped you just to marry?"

-Manvi felt her heart beat thumping heavily amidst her chest, "hmmm no.. there were other reasons." She searched his face to trust him enough, "because of a boy"

-Viren was silent for sometime, "Ragging?" he raised his brows a little.

Manvi was uncomfortable behind her blank face. She nodded however.

-"you know you can still continue your studies. You are young and don't necessarily need to bound by responsibilities" he told her to make a decision.

-"I don't want to go to any college" she told him.

Viren could make out that something affected her very deeply. She was scared somewhere and somewhere ashamed deeply. He didn't want to dig the matter further.

-"will a correspondence do?" he said trying to help her.

-she nodded, "but I can't study myself. I'm a poor student" she told him, she was enthusiastic but her disabilities were stopping her.

-"I can help. I'm really good at commerce" he said.

Manvi was at relief.

-"thanks.. I'm indeed very lucky to have you"

-"it's my duty now. You don't have to thank me"

He got and went to his cupboard. He picked a blanket and a pillow.

"I'll be in guest room" he told her.

-"guest room?" she asked

-"yup, the beside one. There are only two bedrooms in this house" he said.

-"no, I mean' why?" she uttered.

-"you are too young Manvi. I don't want to kill your desires and impose household tasks on you. I can't give you much for your lifestyle but I can give you the right education" he said.

-"in that case, I'll shift. This is 'your' room" she said.

Yes 'his' room and he decided to wait till it becomes 'theirs'.

-"that's fine. Just for this night. You can shift tomorrow" he said and bid her a call, "good night Manvi"

-"Good night Viren" she said and he left switching off the lights.

Both slept peacefully in their rooms forgetting what happened. They thanked their Gods that whatever happens, happens for good always.

An year later:

-"Viren' yaar, how much time is it taking?" Manvi asked biting her nails standing behind him, while Viren was sat on the computer table checking Manvi's result online.

-"Manvi, what can I do if the server is busy. We are not the only one's checking results" he told her, as her tension increased.

"and good eat your nails and eat your fingers too.." he told sarcastically.

She hit him on his arm.

-"I'm tensed Viren, don't irritate me further.. I'll eat you raw.." she pointed her fingers at him..

-"awww I shoo shcared.." he made a mocking face and laughed.

-"viren you'" she started hitting him with a pillow.

That's how their relationship progressed in a year. From strangers to showing respect and admiration and to best of buddies. Both engage hours in chatting. If they are not with each other then they are on phone. Better-halves is a better word for them. They play pranks, pull each other's legs, go to movies and parties, share secrets, joys and sorrows with each other. Viren helped Manvi in studies, they had numerous fights as Manvi felt his studying ways are too tedious. He wanted her to read everything from text book with basics and understanding. He shunned guides and extra coaching help. He strictly warned her not to involve too much in prayers and hope for miracles from God. She found them stupid but agreed in due course. Viren took extra effort as Manvi is a slow learner. He didn't made her do any house hold work and brough her milk and eatables at her study table. Their friendship was purely platonic until this particular day of Manvi's results.

-"Manvi, the site has opened. Lemme type your hall ticket number" he said.

As the website showed result Manvi had eyes closed in deep prayers. Viren looked at her.

"I told you isn't it to be confident of yourself.. see.."

-"what happened? Did I even pass?" she asked, "trust me Viren, I did all as you said.. with all honesty"

-"arre meri Jhansi ki rani.. you have got distinction.." he broke the news holding her shoulders tight.

Manvi couldn't believe her ears. It was difficult for her to pass all the papers in one attempt and how did she get distictiction? She hoped for second class but not distinction. She checked the screen if there was any mistake. But heavens, no.

-"AWWW'." She shouted loudly.. and hugged Viren in happiness.

"I did it Viren" she pressed herself on him in excitement.

-"yes Manvi' you got distinction.. you made me proud" he said hugging her tight with a huge smile on Manvi's achievement.

-"wouldn't have been possible without you Viren, thank you thank you for everything'" she kissed his cheek wet as Viren smiled. She turned to kiss his other cheek but due to the timing difference of turning heads the kiss landed up on his lips.

Both were stunned and froze at that moment. All the distinction result excitement faded into oblivion. Something else had taken place. The very first experience of feeling someone's lips on theirs threw their sanity out of the windows, which shuttered due to heavy winds. Neither of them made a further move not they broke. Manvi, being the twenty first century girl made the first move. She slowly glided her lips and Viren knew that he should proceed. He moved a step towards her and put his hands around her waist and took her lower lip between her teeth. Manvi pulled his hair and sought his tongue as it ended in a passionate French kiss.

In a moment a lot was revealed about them. Viren was no more the sweet guy. He was a hungry tiger and manvi was no less. She has got the huntress characteristics. Both couldn't make out what was happening to them. Viren was never like that nor was Manvi and seeing them like that no one would ever think that they had just pure friendship between them for the past one year inspite of living under the same roof. Manvi struggled successfully taking of viren's shirt, while viren took revenge in lifting her kurti off and throwing her onto the bed. He fell on her and kissed her shoulders and nape. Manvi made him lie down after a heated rain of kissed and sensually took off her upper linger. Viren's orgasm exploded as he touched, pinched and rubbed her assets. He turned her down baring himself completely and sucking her. He moved down to her jeans. Manvi was sweating already in the air conditioned room. Her slim waist was trembling as she knew the moment will be anytime now. He unbuttoned her jeans and ripped of her last piece. Both were turned on, both were wet. One is tiger and the other is huntress. Unfortunately only one can be the predator and other is prey.

He kissed her squashing and chewing her all over. Just when he was too close and about to win, she turned the tables. She crawled upto his chest and was ready. The ultimate battle of taking the lead was on. But Viren won due to his physique and Manvi knew what exactly happened at this moment. She lost the game and lost her purity to the man above her, who is her friend, her guide, her philosopher, her torchbearer and her husband.

The moans and whimpers of the ecstasy lasted the whole night and she was in a deathly pleasure of pain. This ultimate battle of lust made them realize that they love each other. Truly, madly, deeply and completely.

naina927 thumbnail

**** CHAPTER 3 ****

BUMP INTO ME
         BY ANNE

Nine Months Later..

In a hospital's Labor room, standing clad in the scrubs, a cap and a mask held by his ears, Viren held onto Maanvi's death-like grip in his own.

Doctor: Ma'am you've got to push! Please Push!

Maanvi: What on Earth do you think am doing, Doctor!!!!! (yelling at him while leaning forward) Ow!! (breathing raggedly and attempting once again) Ummph!

Viren: Maan? (clutching Maanvi's hand in both of his) Am here! (caressing her sweaty forehead and hair) Push please!!

Maanvi: (gritting her teeth) Viren, am tired!! (nodding her head in negative)

Viren: (instantly) How can you be so tired? (looking up and down in concern)

Maanvi: Because of pushing so much!! You idiot!! (leaning forward again in anger)

Viren: Don't you have any other way to bring out the baby? (foolishly and looking at the doctor and Maanvi)

Doctor: There is! (raising an eyebrow)

Viren: And what's that? (stepping forward a bit and smiling in relief)

Doctor: A caesarian!

Viren: A what?! (furrowing his eyebrows)

Maanvi: They cut my stom-- (suddenly yelling at the pain) --MACH!!!!!!

Viren: They cut your what?! (bewildered).. (seeing the doctor about to repeat) No, no! I get it!! (shaking his head in disbelief) Umm... (gulping) Maanvi? You...continue!! (nodding in approval)

Maanvi looked up bewildered at his dialogue, and slapped him flat across his face, the next instant.
Viren looked up to her, with a hand on his cheek, with wide eyes like saucers. He gaped shamelessly at her, and noticed her gritting her teeth and closing her eyes tight. He turned to see the doctor, gulping and nodding in reassurance. He realised that she was pushing again. Swallowing hard, he gripped her hand tight again, tight-lipped.

Maanvi breathed in once again, leaning back and then leaned forward and pushed the hardest once and for all. A wail resounded the room, making Viren and the doctor grin.

Doctor: Yes! (bending down to see the baby's head) It's coming!! Push harder Ma'am!! (his voice muffled from underneath the covers)

Maanvi: Aarrghhh!!!! (gripping Viren's hand and the nurse's respectively and taking the last plunge)

Doctor: (squealing) Yes!! (pulling out the baby from underneath the covers)

Maanvi's hold loosened as she at last heard her baby's wail. Her head was throbbing with immense pain, as if the push on her lower organs were streaming upwards and banging her head hard. She breathed deeply a lot many times to calm her nerves, and opened her eyes to see the doctor holding her baby in front.

The doctor slapped the baby's butt to help make it cry. Seeing this, Viren's smile vanished as soon as it had appeared and plunged forward with his fist to land a punch on the doctor's face at his audacity to hit his child. The doctor fell down, but the nurse caught the baby in time. Yet Viren took hold of the trolley and threw it on him and kicked him hard. Again and again.

Maanvi's eyes widened on seeing Viren like this, and it was the last piece of sanity for her. Because on seeing Viren kick the doctor and throw the trolley on him, she fainted back on the bed.
A few minutes later after explaining Viren what and why the doctor do so what he did, Viren was back to normal and was incessantly apologising to him. The doctor didn't mind and held the baby in his arms again, now covered in a clean towel.

Doctor: (clearing his throat) It's a girl! (showing the baby to an ecstatic Viren)

Viren hesitantly came forward, looking at the creation, made by him and Maanvi. Looking at the most beautiful creation ever in his whole life. A creation that was invaluable, priceless and his...No, theirs! He didn't want to hurt this beautiful gift, and looked up to the doctor with hesitation, but was reassured. Tears brimmed in his eyes as he looked on into the lovely, but a little bloodied face, covered in a small towel. A small laugh escaped his quivering lips, as he stepped forward to touch it and take her in his arms.

Doctor: Cut the umbilical cord, Mr. Viren! (indicating the nurse to give him the scissors)

Viren: (looking up and obliging) Okay! (sighing and trembling at the same time)

Maanvi had regained her consciousness after a few moments and now leaned back smiling at her husband and her daughter. Their daughter.
After cleaning up a little, Viren went on to hold his daughter. At last, he took her in his arms, and looked deeply at her face. Her nose was so like his own. He touched her lips lightly, while stepping towards Maanvi. But her lips are just like hers.. Maanvi's! thought Viren, adoringly. He blinked and smiled. His adoration increased manifold with every blink. He extended his arms a bit to show Maanvi their baby. Their daughter.

Maanvi smiled widely at the cute face, and noticed the nose and lips. She chuckled a bit, in adoration for her. She gave dropped a kiss on her small forehead and caressed it lightly, feeling the little of her hair on it's cute small head. She looked up at Viren, to see him watching her closely and smiling tenderly at her actions. She laughed a bit throatily and leaned into him.
Viren leaned forward in return, and dropped a kiss on her head and on their baby's head.
Biting her lip, Maanvi smiled widely and whispered into his chest.
Muskaan..

Viren understood what she meant, and looked at the face peeking out of the towel and repeated tenderly.
Muskaan..

One Year Later..

A small petite hand made its way up a strong and sturdy arm to the hard torso, in the dark, and patted in the centre, earning a sleepy groan from the throat connecting the chest to a handsome face.

Viren: (groaning) Maan! *groan* (in a sleepy voice) What is it?

Maanvi: (her face resting on the pillow sideways and eyes half open) It's your turn... Remember? (pushing slightly at his side)

Viren: (breathing in deeply and turning to face the other side) I don't think so! It's your turn! (folding his arms across his chest and going back to sleep)

Maanvi: (her hand pushing him on the back) Viren!! (getting up slightly) Don't give me that, 'I don't think so!' You know very well know it's your turn! I changed her diapers yesterday night!! Go or you won't get your favourite curry tomorrow!! (chewing her cheek)

Viren: Um hmm... (making a negative sound)

Maanvi: (both her hands pushing his back) Viren, Please!!!!

In the next second, Viren found himself on the floor, with a slight pain throbbing on his back and elbow.
A slight thud from somewhere below, made Maanvi straighten and look at Viren's side. All she found was the bedsheet strewn and half on the floor, with no one there, but an imprint of a body on the bed. She gaped at herself and kneeling on the bed, and she made her way to Viren's side of the bed, realising what she had actually done to him with her pushing him so hard, that he fell down the bed. She stifled a laugh on seeing a sleepy Viren looking about confused at the change of his position. He was looking cute with all of his hair messed up. She lay herself down and shook her head in disbelief, with a small smile on her lips. But the reverie was broken with another wail coming from the room next to theirs.

Maanvi: (gasping in concern) Viren? Please! Go na!! She's crying real bad!! Please!!! (clasping her hands together to beg him)

Viren twitched his lips looking at the door, and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Taking the bedsheet in his hands and flinging it up to the bed, he got up and made his way out to the next room.

Maanvi heard him soothing Muskaan with his calm voice, and even attempting to sing to her. She smiled to herself on hearing it, and shook her head to get a hold on herself. She lay down and as if on cue, Viren walked in and switched off the bedside lamp and climbed in.
Viren sighed in relief, as he brought Maanvi closer to himself and hugged her to himself. She normally slept in a foetus position when with Viren, so Viren smiled to himself and curved his own body to cocoon her and pulled the bedsheets closer to them. And nuzzled her neck as she snuggled deeper into him.

A Few Months Later..

A tall man with narrow hips and long legs, clad in a three piece suit of black and tie of the same colour, shook hands with two men, of another big company. They had just sealed another huge deal, that would profit his company, and would help it go international.

Man1: Thanks, Mr. Virat Vadhera! (smiling and shaking hands with Virat)

Straightening he buttoned up his coat, and gave a last half smile to the two Partners of the company, he was buying. Smirking he turned and pulled out his aviators, and reached out for his laptop bag, and strode out of the restaurant, put up in the mall.

In the mall.., he thought with a smirk. He knew that such companies when in total loss, their MD(s), when ready to sell it would look for such cheesy spots for signing the deals. But he didn't mind, since such things are to be learned from and never repeated. This company though at a loss, had a lot of potential to come up again and become one of the biggest companies ever, globally. That is why he had not wasted any time in looking for any other stuff, and had instantly made an appointment to meet the Owners and seal the deal. His business instincts were always right, and that was what he was following. The potential he saw, was not mistaken and bringing it under his Company's wing would bring them even more profit.
Something he always wanted. Something he always needed. All his Life.
He was the only one who knew how much he had to struggle to come up here. The raging anger in him from his childhood had totally changed his attitude. And one fine day, he had broken away from those shackles of that measly excuse of a life, and had made it all on his own. The child in him had long since died, when he had realised how foolish it was of him to expect something what every child wanted from those... He breathed in deeply to not let that cross his mind and continued to walk down the corridor, filled with a huge crowd.
It was surprising for him that he had returned to India, after a very long time. Memories would generally haunt him, but his peace of mind would be restored, though temporarily by his fetishes that changed every single day for him. The pleasure would make the haunting go away, and relax him. They said that meditation was the best way to cure any problems, related to mind. And that was meditation for him. Well, sort of.
That was rejuvenation. For him.

His bluetooth beeped, and he was back to walk-talking to his favourite employee, Aman. His eyes travelled everywhere, noticing everyone. Sharp as it was, his dark browns swooped from one person to the other. He was silently thankful for his aviators that he could see anyone and anything, without anyone peering at him suspiciously. He smirked, Suspiciously!
, while running his hand in his loose, short, silky dark brown tresses, that matched his eye colour. The strands in the front, fell on his forehead oh-so-sensuously, and with the slight stubble lining his jaw, it gave him the look of a ruggedly handsome, but dangerous man.
While he walked, he saw girls, even married women, turning to look at him, and let their eyes linger on him for a while. Due to the fact of him wearing glares, they thought that they could check him out anyhow. But he knew better, and checked them out instead. There were some real cool girls, with curves so sensuous, to die for, with lips to kiss passionately, with eyes to gaze into for a long time, with cheekbones high enough to give them an exotic look, and with assets, both the front and behind, to ravish on.
His slightly pouty mouth curved to a lopsided smile, as these thoughts crossed his mind. He knew very well how he looked because he knew how to dress and carry himself. After all he was the most Eligible Bachelor in Town, eh! In the World, actually.. But never mind. His muscles rippled underneath the two layers of cloth, making the girls swoon over him as he passed by and caught each girls' eyes. Sometimes, he would give the pleasure of letting them know that he could see them too with a slight nod of his head, followed by a smirk, resultant of the flustered or embarrassed or lustful looks. His long legs, wrapped around in the cylinders of the black trousers, carried him fast enough to let him out of the Food Court that boasted of a million cuisines.

In one of the biggest malls of Chandigarh, Maanvi came out the clothes shop with a few packets in her hand. She was in a hurry, and was walking briskly to the spot where Viren stood with Muskaan in one arm, and some shopping bags in the other.
She looked into her shopping bags, checking them all with the bill in her hand, and hit something hard, but soft enough for her to not get hurt. The shopping bags fell from her hands, and she bent to pick them up, with two apologies pouring out of her mouth.

Virat tilted his head in confusion.

Virat: What?! (perplexed at what Aman was saying) Am-- I--

Virat stopped the instant he felt something bump into him. He looked down a bit to a lady, clad in a dark green and yellow salwar suit, with her hair, half tied and her bangs falling on her head heavily. He heard her apologise, not once but twice. His jaw was set in a firm tick, but he bent down to pick up the last of the bags she couldn't pick up and gave it to her, with slightly narrowed eyes. He saw her look up once, to just give a glimpse and then turned to walk away, but not before saying a 'Thank You' to him. He blinked and saw her face again.
No, he couldn't have mistaken her. He looked back again to see her walk up to the Food Court behind him, the one he was walking away from.
He watched her, as she went to a man's side, who was facing away from him and hugged him. He narrowed his eyes to see her profile better, as she turned sideways. His eyebrows rose in realisation. It was the same face, he had seen 2 years back. But now it held a kind of glow. He saw her break away from him and turn to let him drop a kiss on her cheek, and right then, he felt something prick him from within. He grit his teeth again, but he didn't know why.
He tried to focus again to get a good look on the man standing there. And as if on cue, the man turned a full 180 degree, revealing the face, he had long since tried to forget. It was him.
Viren Bhai.
Viren...Bhai?

He blinked to confirm, and was astonished to see a cute little kid in his arms, while the other wound around Maanvi's waist, as all of them looked to his right, discussing about something. Something within him pricked him again, scraping slightly at his insides.
He gaped at the three, who were smiling with a carefree expression, worrying about nothing in the world. All he could do was reach out for his aviators, and pull them off of his nose, to look back at them.

Viren: (turning to Muskaan) Do you want to go there? Hmm? (tickling her tummy)

Maanvi: (smiling at Muskaan's sweet nod and clapping) Hmm...She wants to go there right? (leaning forward and nudging her nose with her pug one)

In return, Muskaan giggled at the action, making Maanvi nudge her nose again to extract another one of her famous giggles that she loved to hear.

Viren: Toh Chalo!! (ushering Maanvi and smiling)

The three walked off to the far end of the Food Court, loaded with shopping bags, but also with tons of giggles and laughter.
Unaware of a pair of eyes watching them.
Closely. Very closely.
naina927 thumbnail

**** CHAPTER 4 ****

YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAIN...
            BY FIZA

Viren and Maanvi took a seat at the table in a far end corner of the restaurant. It was a table for two. Maanvi sat on the chair across from Viren, with Muskaan on her lap. But she shifted nearer to Viren, settling the bags underneath the table. Their order had just arrived.

"Pasta.. my favourite!!!", said Maanvi.

"And black forest cake bhi hain, Madam!!" added Viren, with a smile and a chuckle on seeing her eyes widening with glee.

Maanvi, not able contain her excitement, squealed, "Yum!!"

Viren took the fork and fed Maanvi some pasta. On seeing her fan her mouth half open, by closing her eyes a bit in pain, he warned her, though a bit late, "Careful Maan! It's hot!"

Muskaan "Aww's" at her Mom and soothes her, by caressing her Mom's cheek with her soft palm. Maanvi turns and winks at a giggly Muskaan. She leans forward and acts as if she's going to bite her, to earn another giggle along with a squeal of excitement.

A pair of dark browns continued to look on at the three. They blinked again, but flashed with a purpose in them.

The table suddenly became overshadowed, with no light from above streaming in. Viren looked up confused, and as his grin had appeared, suddenly vanished as his eyes registered the human being in front. His mouth ever so slowly gaped as a number of memories came back to him. He couldn't have mistaken to recognise those eyes. They looked just like they were, like his father's. A husky voice cut in through his thoughts, making him blink in realisation.

"Bhai?"

Maanvi, who was playing and feeding her messy daughter, with adoration glinting in her eyes, looked up at the voice, coming from somewhere nearby. As the light was right behind him and was forming a halo on his head, she couldn't really see his features, so narrowed her eyes, and blinked, as his face came into view. There she saw in front of her, the very same person, she had long forgotten, standing there exuding the same persona like he used to a long time back. His demeanor was the same, and oozed of arrogance, as he stared straight into her Hazel eyes. But today he looked a bit different from what he used to look like in those days. Only in physical appearance, I guess, she thought. But as she thought this, more thoughts, or rather memories, popped up from the back of her head and played like a movie. She gripped onto Muskaan, who rested her head on her shoulder, reflexively and played with her Mom's hair. A familiar voice cut through the air and she turned to Viren speaking.

"Viraat! Tu?" said Viren, standing up in greeting.

She couldn't believe her ears nor her eyes. She wondered how did Viren voiced his name with so much familiarity. But the next thing she knew was that she was choking. And started coughing incessantly and covered her mouth with her fist.

*Cough *Cough *

Viren fell back to his seat, concerned,. "Maan? Kya hua? Are you ok?" he asked, taking Muskaan in his arms and handing Maanvi a glass of water, and patting her back after that.

Seeing Maanvi calm down a bit, he asked again, "Are you ok ? Jaan, you scared me!!" He sighed in relief, on seeing Maanvi nod in assurance.

Maanvi cupped Viren's cheek, and assured him, "Viren baby, I'm fine! Theek hoon!, and smiled.

Virat absorbed the whole scene and again felt a pang in his chest, making him wince mentally. He was about to voice that wince out, but controlled it in time. His eyes dilated the instant, Viren addressed her like that and scorched on hearing and seeing Maanvi address him in the same way. They were so casual and so close to each other, that it made him...Made him... He sighed mentally, because he couldn't get a word to describe how he... Felt?

Viren kissed her forehead and pulled her up from the chair.

With a smile, he said, "Maanvi.. I'd like you to meet my Chhota Bhai, Virat! And Virat, this my beautiful and the love of my life.. My Wife, Maanvi!!" his tone induced with pride and love for the person whom he was addressing.

"Chhota Bhai?.." Maanvi said in a low voice, with confusion, clouding her eyebrows. "You never mentioned him before Viren!", looking at Viren, she continued softly, "I never knew you had a brother!"

Virat cut in at the right time, "Oh really? Is that so?", he said, with an undertone of taunt, that didn't go unnoticed by Maanvi. "Well that is expected!" he said continuing in a casual tone. He looked back at Maanvi and clarified, "Well, you see its complicated!", brushing it off as something casual. "Kyun bhai?", nodding in askance at Viren, he asked, "Yeh rishta.. kya kehlata hain? We ourselves don't know!", pouting at the matter while looking back at Maanvi, with a casual furrow in his brows.

Viren looked up on hearing Virat address him, and as the words sank in, his brows furrowed slightly, but were clouded with something called irritation. Virat looked back at him and blinked, as if to taunt him. Viren looked away in disbelief, and breathed in deeply, as the old anger tried to evade his new found happiness of his wife and daughter.

It was if both the bros were chewing each up in their minds.

Maanvi looked at Viren, then at Virat and back again. Her eyes travelled from one to the other, as she sensed the tension underneath their sophisticated exchange. It wasn't because how she felt about Virat's presence, because it was lit up the instant she saw him. But this was something else, that was hitting her from the outside, in the cold of the temperature inside the restaurant. She realised that there was something that made them behave so. Something that they had not yet sorted out. Some tension brewing and becoming heavy with every passing second. All the load that they were putting in with this heated silent exchange was not at all within her comprehension, but what ever they it was, she could feel it's weight increasing around.

And the awkward silence wasn't helping either. No one could think that these two were even brothers, if they saw them like this.

Maanvi couldn't take it anymore, and to break this gnawing silence, she said, "Virat? I'd like you to meet your niece, Muskaan!", showing him her daughter.

She turned to Muskaan, and spoke in a cute kiddish tone, "Muski baby! You know who is this? Huh? Who is this?", pointing at Virat, with her finger. She nodded in negative with Muskaan, and stepped a bit forward and spoke soflty and slowly, "This is your Chachu...Say Chachu? Virat Chachu!"

Virat, licked his lips as he watched the sweet, adorable exchange and waved his hand and said, "Hi?", pursing his lips, unsurely.

Maanvi turned to look at Virat. At first she thought against giving Muskaan to him, but she couldn't let Viren think otherwise, and question her. So she pasted a smile on her face, and extended her arm to Virat, presenting Muskaan.

"Here!" sais Maanvi, sounding casual.

"Maanvi.. Virat doesn't know how to handle kids!" coming forward, unfortunately to his brother's aid. "Careful" said Viren, on seeing Virat hold Muskaan a bit clumsily.

Looking back, "Viren! Kuch nahi hoga! That's her chachu!" said Maanvi, with a smile to both the men there.

Holding Muskaan well enough, and looking up with a smirk, "Chill bhai! I can handle girls!" "I'm an expert at that! Kyun Maanvi?", looking at Maanvi the whole time, and rocking Muskaan in his arms.

Him addressing her like that, stunned Maanvi and the only thing she could come up with was, "Ji?", which was followed by a slight widening of her eyes.

"I mean see she seems happy in my arms!" Virat corrected himself, before any suspicions lingered. He added with a wide smile, looking back from Muskaan to Maanvi, "Bilkul Maa ki jaisi hain! I mean she looks like you.. Just as beautiful!"

Maanvi looked back at Virat.. Her eyes stinged a little on his comment, as memories flew back in the window of Trash. But she blinked them back, facing the ground and looked back up with clear eyes.

Viraat Vadhera, I understand what you meant by 'She seems happy in my arms. Bilkul maa ki jaisi" very well enough, she thought as she grimaced mentally, while successfully putting up a casual smile on her face.

She blinked. But in the same instant a picture like memory fell on her heavily, reminding her of the past.

* flash back*

She gasped at the memory and instantly opened her eyes to clear it from her vision. And in the process, she automatically grabbed Viren's hand and held it tight.

Virat hadn't missed the glint of anger in her hazel eyes, that he loved to see. And had mentally smirked at his effect on her. Oh, so she is still affected by me? Hmm..., thought Virat. And then, he saw her blinking and then gasping suddenly, making him all the more curious of what had she seen. Her clasping Viren;s hand didn't go unnoticed by him, because that made him grit his teeth hard, and he was about to pinch Muskaan's flesh, but controlled himself on time. He eyed Maanvi suspiciously to see any signs of the last effect, but could see none.

"Why don't we all sit down!" said Maanvi, as she indicated them to the table.

The two men nodded and proceeded towards the table.

After settling comfortably and seeing Muskaan fascinated with his cuff-links, he smiled and said, "Bhai! Your very lucky you have such a beautiful wife and daughter! I'm jealous!" grinning and making a casual funny face with a pout.

Viren raised his eyebrow, on hearing this, and acknowledged it with a nod, followed by, "Thank you!" with a smile.

Oh really? The Virat is jealous?? Acha hain! Burn!! You deserve it!, thought Maanvi, rolling her eyes, but trying not to make it obvious.

Pursing his lips, he continued with a frown of confusion, "How did you get so lucky?"

The way he said it, somehow held a taunt, a sarcasm he couldn't ignore, so Viren chose his words correctly and replied, "That's because God is happy with me! Therefore he blessed me!", taking Maanvi's hand and bringing it closer to his other hand. "I thank my stars!", he continued, while putting an arm around Maanvi's shoulders and bringing her closer.

After a while of chit chatting they all proceeded to go home.

That night at home,

After putting Muskaan to sleep, Maanvi went up to Viren and wrapped her arms around his chest from the back and hugged him with her head resting on his shoulder.

Viren could feel her chest pressing against his back, and put the file down. And taking Maanvi's hands in his, pressed them lovingly.

"Kya baat hain! Aaj itna pyaar aa raha hain pati pe!! Kyun?", he asked with a tease, while turning around to face her and putting his arm around her neck, and resting it on her shoulder.

Maanvi, holding onto his hand, winding around her neck, and playing with his fingers, "Viren, aaj hi nahin! I love you since.."

"Since?" asked Viren, cutting in.

Maanvi craned her neck up to reach his ear and whispered to him, "The night we kissed for the first time. The night we...we conviced Muskaan!" and blushed hard as she looked at him.

Viren's eyebrows rose on hearing her say it all so boldly, and said, "Aye haaye! Meri sherni blushes bhi?", caressing her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her. He added, "Waise, do you want to relive that moment? Hmm?" with a wink.

Maanvi gasped and hit him on his chest, lightly, "Badmaash!"

Viren chuckled and hugged her tighter. Maanvi pondered a while and looked up to him, and asked carefully, "Viren? Can I ask you something?"

"Maan, you don't to have ask me! Just shoot right away!" replied Viren.

"Viren, shaadi ki raat ko you told me everything but why didn't you.." Maanvi said. But before she could continue, she saw Viren's smile disappear as he caught onto the topic fast enough. And felt him break away and face the other side.

Viren sighed, as memories flashed in his mind each passing second. He closed his eyes, breathed in deeply and said, "Maan because.. baat hain ki.." He swallowed hard, as he couldn't find words to describe it.

Maanvi rested her hand on his shoulder in assurance and spoke softly, "You can tell me Viren! I will, am always here for you!" nodding in reassurance.

Viren breathed in deeply again and relaxed a bit, but his form stiffened as he started speaking.

"Maan, Viraat is my half brother ..there a lot of differences between us. In fact until today, I hadn't met him for the past 5 years. Our relationship is very sour from his side." he nodded in disbelief. "I still accept him as my brother, but when ever I give him that chance, he always does something to prove me wrong.. To make me think why do I even forgive him! In fact, Maanvi, I wonder how do I even tolerate him!"

Maanvi nodded in understanding, and pressed his shoulder, and said, "Viren, he is your brother!" She closed her breathed in deeply, because what she was about to say, made her cringe and hard to breath. Yet she continued, "Please for my sake... sort out the differences and accept him? Muskaan can have her chachu!! I want to bring the family closer and don't deny the fact you were happy to see him!" her voice indicating her pout and confidence. "I saw the love in your eyes for him!", smiling tenderly.

Viren sighed heavily and turned and nodded in negative, "Maan, please! You don't know how he is!" Licking his lips, he mumbled to himself, "ek number ka kamina hai woh!" resting his hands on his hips.

Maanvi looked at a corner of the room, looking nowhere as such. Her ears registered what Viren said in the last, and she nodded affirmative to herself and mumbled back, "I know!"

Viren's eyebrows furrowed on hearing something from Maanvi and turned to her and asked, "Kya?"

Maanvi immediately composed herself, and corrected, "I mean, I bet I can understand! But... Still! He is your brother!"

Viren sighed and thought of Muskaan and looked back into Maanvi's hazel eyes that held hope and concern for both him and Muskaan and love. Placing his hands on her hips, he nodded and said, "Fine! Just for you!". He warned, "But I swear, Maanvi! If he ever does anything to harm my family, meaning you or Muskaan...then all hell will break lose!! And am serious!"

Maanvi turned Viren face towards her and looked at him
she hugged him tightly "sab theek hoga be postive na " said maanvi
but was thinking to her self
oh god did i do the right thing in leting virat be apart of our lives again?
suddenly her train of thought was disturbed by his voice
maan? where you lost ive been calling you since past few min says viren
looking up at her handsome hubby
kuch anhin just thinking
*smiling and pulling his nose* i never knew ki appa ka gussa naak pe rehtha hai ...you know Mr.virenVadhera you look even more sexy when you are upset... soone chale ?says maanvi and smiles
acha ji says viren
next thing she knew she was being picked up in her hubby's strong arms and stariing into his all so captavating eyes
haye meri sherni sirf soone chale ? na (nooding in negative )soone baad hoga main kuch aur socha rah tha winks at his beautiful wife and(bends his head and locks his lips on hers) and walks with his maan is arms towards the bed lays her down ,gets on top of her and shuts off the lights
naina927 thumbnail

**** CHAPTER 5 a] ****

CLOSER
 BY ANNE

Maanvi: (holding the phone to her ear) Shut up, yaar, Jeevika!! (chuckling) Tu bhi na!! (shaking her head in disbelief)

Jeevika: (giggling) I told you! See I can hear you blushing through the phone itself!! (stifling her laughter)

Maanvi: Chup kar! (looking around to see if anyone was there) What if Viren hears you? (checking the door)

She sighed in relief when saw a glimpse of Viren, carrying Muskaan in his arms and rocking her gently, murmuring sweet nothings into her soft ear and making her quiet. She had lately taken to crying a lot, if she didn't find anyone with or near her and that had really put the two in a tough position. With Viren not able to take any break from his cases, Maanvi was the one who had to handle Muskaan all the time in the house. Even if for a second, she were out of her sight, Muskaan would start wailing loudly. Today after a long time Viren had come home early with no extra work to handle, and had offered to keep Muskaan busy for Maanvi. She was more than happy to oblige and had sighed in relief.

Jeevika Arora, her best friend, had moved in to Chandigarh a few months ago, before Muskaan's birth. She and Viren were more than happy to have her here. For the first few weeks she had helped Maanvi till she was able to walk herself and take care of Muskaan. Unfortunately she had to leave for Mumbai for an important project and could keep in touch with Maanvi only through the phone.
Now since she was back and a very special day was approaching, Maanvi didn't want to leave out any thing now.

Viren: What will I hear, eh? (his hands back and him approaching Maanvi suspiciously) Hmm?

Maanvi: (surprised to see Viren behind) Huh? Oh, nothing! (back to Jeevika) Yeah, Jeevika, why don't you come home for dinner today huh? It will be easy for us to plan then! What do you say? (slapping Viren's arms wrapping around her waist)

Jeevika: Sure yaar!! (excitedly) I'm on my way! (giggling) Chal, See you!

Maanvi: Yup, See ya! (ending the call and leaning back on Viren) What're you doing, Mr. Vadhera? (softly)

Viren: (sighing contentedly; with closed eyes) Hmm? Hugging my girlfriend! Why? Does Mrs. Vadhera have a problem?

Maanvi: (mocking a gasp) Haww... I don't know! You should probably go and ask her, Mr. Vadhera! What if she is doing the same to you? (turning to face him in his arms) Hugging her boyfriend? Hmm? (playing with Viren's collar)

Viren: (pretending to think) Hmm... (trailing Maanvi's spine sensuously) Then I'd better take advantage of it and take something that belongs to me from my girlfriend!! (leaning forward to kiss her)

Maanvi: (leaning back and giggling) Stop it, Viren!! (turning to her side and giggling still on feeling Viren kiss her cheek open mouthed)

Viren: (moaning) Maan!! (lifting her up with his arms rounding them below her butt) Let's see *grunt* who's going to save you now!!!

Maanvi: (squealing at the sudden lift) Viren?! (twitching her lips) Drop me!!

Viren: Of course, I will!! Let's get to the bed, won't we! (smirking at the horror etched on Maanvi's face)
---------

The door bell rang after half an hour, waking the two love birds from their nap. Viren groaned at the sudden ringing of the door bell and sweared at the person outside the door. Maanvi tried to escape his hold, holding her close to himself, when he tightened his hold around her waist. She turned to face him sideways, the blanket covering their legs and waist.

Maanvi: Viren? Let me go! It's Jeevika! (whispering)

Viren: (groaning badly) How do you know it's her?

Maanvi: Because I invited her! (stating it obviously) Remember? (placing a small peck on his lips)

Viren lifted his hand, slowly edged it to the sweet swell of her bosom, and encircled it with one sensuous finger making her moan loudly.
Maanvi could feel herself going wet the second his hand touched her there. The moan escaping her throat gave away her sensitivity there. He didn't know how much she had to control herself and slap his pleasurable invite away.

Maanvi: Viren! (warning)

Maanvi quickly got dressed and got out the room to hear the bell being rung the second time.

Maanvi: Viren, come one! Get ready!! (tying her hair up in a loose bun) Coming!! (almost running to get the door)

As the huge oak door opened, there walked in a lady in her mid twenties, dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a creme coloured Pepe top.

Jeevika: Itna koi time lagata hain kya? (huffing; suddenly noticing Viren coming out the room stretching in his trousers only) Achcha! Toh yeh chal raha thha! (turning to Maanvi's bewildered expression)

Viren instantly looked down at his bare torso and rushed in quickly to cover up with a loose T-shirt. Jeevika couldn't help but laugh loudly and hug Maanvi, who stifled a grin and returned the hug.

Jeevika: Kaisi hain tu? (breaking away) Sambhalke! Apne unnko bol, varna kahi aisa na hojaaye ki tere liye ek competition ho jaaye!! (chuckling)

Maanvi: Chup kar!! (slapping Jeevika's shoulder) And I'm good yaar! Tujhe dekh liya toh dil khush ho gaya!

Jeevika: Same here, Maanvi! (walking in to sit on the sofa) Achcha where's my Muskaan? It's been months since I met her!! (straightening to look for her)

Maanvi: (smiling widely) She's asleep now! She just went to sleep! (seating and making Jeevika to sit down) She'll be waking up again for her supper, then you can have your time with her!!

Viren: (walking out the room, a bit embarrassed) Aur Jeevika? How're you yaar? Didn't hear from your for a few months!

Jeevika: (smiling teasingly) Yeah, I'm sorry for that, Jeej! By the way, you've toned up really good now! Kya hua? Muskaan ka bhaag-daud ka asar hain? (resting her elbows on her knees, while one hand went up to rest on her chin in askance)

Maanvi got up to get some drinks for the three, making place for Viren.

Viren: (grinning sheepishly and nodding) Vahi samajh lo! (sitting on Maanvi's place)

Maanvi came in, with three glasses filled with a cool drink and thrust it in front of Jeevika's face.

Jeevika: (looking up and narrowing her eyes) Yeh formality kabse, haan?

Maanvi: (grinning sheepishly) Arre yaar! Tu nahi thhi na, iss liye! Aadat ho gayi! (grinning at Jeevika's amused expression)

Jeevika: (muttering and shaking her head in disbelief) Pagal! (smiling to herself) So, now since the special day's approaching, what're your plans, my dear proud parents? (nodding at the two)

Viren: We haven't yet planned anything about it! (sipping at the cool drink) We thought you could give us some suggestions! (waving a hand at her)

Jeevika: Come on! It's her first birthday!! You will have thought aboutsomething!! (chiding them worriedly)

Maanvi: (nodding in positive) We hav--

Suddenly they were interrupted by the door bell ringing. Viren set his drink down and nodding at the two that he'd see it, straightened and walked up to it. The ladies resumed talking.
He opened the door to see the only person whom he had never imagined to see on his doorstep. Ever.
Virat.

Viren: (his face contorting in confusion) Virat? (voicing his thoughts)

Virat: Hi Bhai! (nodding sweetly)

Viren saw him clad in a three piece suit of black and white again, like he saw in the shopping mall, with his arms filled with a huge bouquet adorned by the best of fresh flowers they could ever find in Chandigarh. Most of them were Red roses, with white lilies, and the rest for decoration. He looked back up to his smiling face and thought of his sudden presence a bit suspiciously.

Viren: What're you doing here?

The words had come out the way, he mildly intended to, but tried to clarify it.

Viren: I mean--

Virat: (brushing off the undertone of that question) I just--

Maanvi: (cutting in the conversation innocently) Who is it, Viren? (craning her neck a bit to get a better look of the visitor)

Viren looked and moved back a bit, to let the image of Virat be shown to the two ladies. One's eyes widened and her body stilled as she let his presence sink in, while the other one stared at the man confused, and looking at Viren and then at Maanvi, and back at the stranger.

Maanvi: (whispering) Virat?

Jeevika: Huh? (on hearing Maanvi mumble something)

Virat: (grinning at the two ladies) Hello, Maanvi! (with a small wave) uh...Bhai? (indicating if he could kind of step in)

Viren: (realising instantly) Oh! Sorry! (moving back to let Virat in and then closing the door) Why don't you sit down? (stretching his hand and pointing to the vacant spot on the furniture)

Virat: Thanks! (walking up to Maanvi and giving the bouquet to her) It's your wedding gift! Uh... (raising his eyebrows sheepishly) I couldn't really think of anything else! So... Congratulations! (extending his hand to shake)

Maanvi stared wide-eyed at the bouquet that held her favourite flowers intact in one. One of them she had long lost her belief in. The Red Rose. Her eyes were about to sting with tears, when she saw his hand extended in front of hers. She immediately thanked him and smiled politely enough to not let him know what she was feeling.

Virat watched Maanvi's face drain out of colour slowly, as she saw the bouquet. He breathed easy suddenly on seeing her smile, and receive it without any qualms. And right when her hand was enclosed in his, he could feel her heat drained from it too, and had gone cold due to something.

Maanvi turned to go back to the room, the voices of Viren and Virat drowning fast as she made her way in. She blinked hard not to let her eyes get stung again, like it did outside right now.

Jeevika excused herself and followed Maanvi to her room. She saw Maanvi standing there with the bouquet in her hands near the bed, with her back facing towards the door.

Maanvi's mind was racing with memories that she had buried long back. The touch she had shared with Virat just now, had awakened something that had long ago died in her. She grit her teeth to control herself and blinked hard, some tears betraying her and falling on her cheeks. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, followed by a voice, which made her sigh in relief of not being caught. Wiping her tears and placing the bouquet on the bed neatly, she turned around to see Jeevika with a question in her eyes. A question she very well knew what it was and to whom it was trained to.

Maanvi: (with a wet chuckle) That's...That's... Virat Vadhera. Viren's... brother! (attempting to smile and keep the air casual)
naina927 thumbnail

**** CHAPTER 5 b] ****

CLOSER
  BY ANNE

Maanvi: (with a wet chuckle) That's...That's... Virat Vadhera. Viren's... brother! (attempting to smile and keep the air casual)

Jeevika could do nothing but stand and look at the fleet of emotions passing through the oval face of her best friend. She felt helpless and exhausted suddenly at the sight of Maanvi like that.

Maanvi: I, uh... (looking elsewhere and not at Jeevika) Let's go! They'll be waiting!

Jeevika could see the stains of her tears on her cheeks, but didn't reach out to wipe them, since she knew that Maanvi wouldn't be able to hold back anymore, if she took the initiative. So she smiled casually and said a bit enthusiastically.

Jeevika: (smiling widely) I know! Just wipe your face properly and come! (pointing to her and winking at her)

Viren: Those flowers were... (breathing in deeply) Really nice! Thanks, Virat! (nodding in acknowledgement)

Virat: Arre, it's nothing Bhai! (waving it off) I wanted to gift you two something else too, but, uh... (leaning back on the sofa) I couldn't really come up anything! And I remembered that all women love flowers and it would make a real good gift for her too, so... you know! (carefully choosing his words and waving his hands in mid-air)

Viren: (nodding in approval) So, how did you... (pausing) I mean, how come you dropped in... (leaning forward with his elbows on his knees) so late and without any notice?

Virat: (grinning at his elder brother's subtle question of "How did you come to know where I reside?"; slapping his thigh) Old habit bro! (honestly and scratching his head) A habit of getting to know everything beforehand! (chuckling at Viren's smiling eyes) You know what Bhai? You're one of the most famous lawyers in whole of India! (raising an elegant eyebrow and sounding really happy)

Viren: Urm... (nodding in confusion) I, uh...

Virat: You know, when I typed the Best lawyers of Chandigarh, the topmost name was yours! (excitedly) And the funny thing was in whole of India, you didn't rank in Top Ten Lawyer! (solemnly)

Viren: I'm working on it! (humbly and blinking with a smile)

Virat: Sure you are, Bhai! Sure you are! (shifting for comfort) Along with it came your Office address, so I contacted them and got your address! (jerking his head to one side concluding his answer) Tussi chha gaye, Bhai! (leaning forward and slapping Viren's shoulder) Maan--, Bhabhi badi khush hogi yaar!! (teasingly)

Viren: (nodding humbly) Thanks, Virat! (grinning at the atmosphere becoming light enough now)

And with that Jeevika went out of the room to join the two men seated in the living room.

Maanvi smiled at the retreating back of her best friend and went in to wash and wipe her face properly. She rolled her eyes on Jeevika's presence of mind. If she had said something serious, then the dam would've broken loose. Why on Earth is this all affecting her, when she knows that what had happened was nothing but in the past? It had all happened because it had to happen and not against somebody's decisions! It was Destiny! It was Fate! Maanvi!! Stop it!! You are Viren's wife and he is your husband! You are married and have a daughter! Take what God has blessed you with and live in the moment! Rather than dwelling in the past...oh that wretched past!
With a final prep talk to herself, she pushed herself out the door and smiled as she approached the three outside.

Virat: Ae, Bhai? Where's my pyaari niece, eh? (looking around with his hands clasped playfully) I brought something for her too!! (fishing out a small gift box from his coat's pocket)

Viren: Did you come directly from your office? (indicating his attire)

Virat: What? (looking back down at himself) Oh yeah! I, uh, couldn't really wait to change, so I dropped in as soon as I could, to not waste any more of your time!

Jeevika: She's sleeping! (walking up to the two and settling herself opposite to Virat) Hi! (extending her hand) I'm Jeevika! Jeevika Arora, Maanvi's Best friend! (smiling widely)

Virat: (turning and following the lady's movements) Hi! (enclosing Jeevika's petite hand in his) I'm Virat Vadhera! Viren's brother! Maanvi may haven't told you about me, has she? (eyeing her suspiciously)

Jeevika: (suddenly alert) I, uh... (looking at Viren and then back at Virat)

Virat: (suddenly laughing) How would she? She herself got to know a few days ago that her own husband had a brother! (grinning at Viren and Jeevika)

Jeevika: (confused) Sorry?

Virat: You don't need to be! (nodding reassuringly)

Jeevika thought that maybe Virat would divulge some more of what he had just s
aid, but he didn't open his mouth any more to talk anything related to it. She saw Maanvi make her way to Muskaan's room and come out with a wide-awake Muskaan, who was more than happy to see so many people around her.
Muskaan gleefully, smiling her toothless smile, stretched her arms to beckon her Daddy dearest to take her.

Viren made a cooing sound, making Muskaan giggle and Maanvi and Jeevika smile. While Virat saw the whole exchange quietly.

Muskaan's eyes pried the whole huge living room, where only few of her toys were lying about. Then someone caught her eye and that was the same man who had met them a few days ago. Wasn't he? She turned to her mom. Mom? Isn't he the man who was in the big house, where so many people with smiling faces were eating? She clapped her hands on catching Virat's eye and stretched her arms to go to him. A glint on him made her want to fall from her Daddy's arms. Why is Dada not letting me go? She cooed and squirmed in his arms and called Virat with her hands.

Viren: Uh... (looking at Virat) She wants to go with you! (smiling and approaching Virat) Who is it? Huh? Tell me Muski? Who... is it? (knocking each other's forehead playfully)

Virat was unsure if he could handle her, but as soon as Muskaan was in his arms, it felt very comfortable handling her. She was quiet and was staring at his chest fascinatingly. He looked down at his chest, and found the culprit. It was his silver tie pin, clutched onto his thin, long tie, holding the two tails together. He chuckled as he saw her hands touching it and trying to take it out by pulling at it.

Muskaan's eyebrows furrowed with concentration as she tried and tried to pull the glitter out. She let out a small cry as it wouldn't budge and then lifted it and was about to put it in her mouth, when her mommy came and pulled it away and nodded in a negative.

Virat: (reassuringly) It's okay! (fishing out his car keys and showing it to the more fascinated kid)

Not fair, Mamma! I want that firefly! Woah! Seeing the car keys. This one is better than the firefly. It tingles and jingles. Taking it in her small, chubby hands, she shook it hard enough to make it sound loudly. *giggle* Hey, isn't this like Mamma's? She also has the same kind, young man! Hey where are you looking at young man? Hmmph! Nobody looks at me! She pushed herself away from Virat and tried to get down.

Virat caught her just in time, before she could slip and fall on the ground.

Virat: Muski!! (warning) If you fell? You would've hurt yourself! Aapko lag jaati na! Hain na? (pulling her chubby cheek slightly and dropping a kiss on the other)

Muskaan stared at Virat's warning eyes and made no movement. But as he kissed her, a giggle escaped and she leaned forward to drop one on his cheeks. You are sweet, buddy! She kissed her palm and pressed it on Virat's lips and grinned as she saw him look at her amused. I like you! And laid her head on his shoulder, when another hand pulled at her cheek lovingly. A familiar face, but she couldn't remember. Who is she? Oh, what the hell! So many are there to give me attention! Come on Buddy! Take me! Extending her arms and falling towards the lady.

Jeevika scooped her up in her arms and rocked her lovingly. She sang the same song, she used to sing for Muskaan when she was only a few weeks old. She grinned at the little naughty lady, as she shook the keys in her hand, and smiled widely as she sang. She placed her on her thighs and made her stand and swayed her by her arms and singing the same song again and again.

Virat took off his coat and hung it over the sofa's arm rest and loosened his tie, along with his first few buttons. He smiled at the sweet exchange between Jeevika and Muskaan. It was just adorable. Suddenly his eyes searched for Maanvi, and he saw her disappearing into the kitchen, when Viren came out the same door, smiling and holding a tray with a glass filled with the same drink that lay on the tea table in front.

Virat: (holding up the glass) Thanks! (smiling and gulping half of it in no time)

Viren: (turning to Jeevika) It's Dinner Time! (back to Virat) Now Virat since you're here, it'd be better of you to have supper with all of us. (smiling politely)

Virat: Really? (raising his eyebrows) Oh Thanks, Bhai! (hugging Viren tightly and patting his back)

Viren: (smiling) No problem, brother! (patting Virat's back and pulling back to see Virat holding an empty glass) Here, I'll take it!

Virat: (holding it away from Viren's catch) No Bhai! I'll keep it!! Am no guest in this house right? (chewing his cheek)

Viren: Uh.. (chuckling) No, but...

Virat: (cutting in) Then? I'll keep it! Give me the tray! (pulling the tray from his hands)

Viren shook his head in disbelief and went to Jeevika and Muskaan.

Viren: (caressing Muskaan's head) So Jeevika? Where's your boyfriend, now-a-days?

Jeevika: (smiling at the mention) He's out of town, actually! He'll be back soon in a few weeks time! (straightening Muskaan's messed up clothes)

Wow! What long hair!
She reached out to pull at the long strands one shouldered by the lady. The sudden whine made her stop and stare wide-eyed at the lady.

Muskaan: Booboo! (instantly leaving the hair) Booboo? (pouting cutely and leaning forward to touch Jeevika's face)

Jeevika smiled tenderly at the young soul trying not to hurt her. Viren's lips curved up into a very tender smile at the sight of his daughter being so mature at such an age.

Virat entered the kitchen casually to see Maanvi's form in front of the stove, with her arm moving round and round above something.

Virat: Hey!

Maanvi's ears perked up at the voice and she turned cautiously to him. Seeing him lift the glass and tray, she sighed and walked up to it. When she saw him there, her chest had suddenly constricted and felt as if she were shocked but as her eyes saw the glass and the tray, she started breathing easily.

Maanvi: (walking up to Virat) Here! (extending her hands to take the tray)

Virat: Uh uh!! (nodding in negative and pulling his arms back) Show me where to keep it!

Maaniv: (her eyebrows narrowing in confusion) But... I'll do it, please! (stepping forward)

Virat: (holding the tray higher) No way, Maanvi! Come on.. (looking at Maanvi's perplexed expression) Am no guest right? I mean, ain't I family?

Maanvi's insides stilled at the word 'family', but she shook it off and turned to Virat.

Maanvi: But... Virat...?

Virat exhaled slowly, realising that he had actually held his breath for a long time. The sound of his name from her mouth was just reminiscing, since it brought back so many memories. Only those days they were kind of high-pitched, while here it was huskier, making it hard for him to control himself. He was brought back by her voice calling out to him again but laced with confusion.

Virat: Huh?

Maanvi: What happened? (widening her eyes a bit)

Virat: (blinking) I, uh... Sorry! Um..

Maanvi: Urm... May I..? (looking down at the tray in his hand)

Virat: (following her gaze) Oh! Yeah! (smiling and extending his arm a bit)

Maanvi smiled politely, as she extending her arms to take the tray, when some skin made her aware of herself and him and everything. She realised that her hands were resting on his long, tanned fingers that were emitting warmth.

Virat suddenly looked down at the contact, and felt a shiver run down his limbs and spine, while his gut tightened. He swallowed as he looked up to see her with a bit narrowed eyes, only to see her eyes fixed on the tray and feeling of emptiness in his hands as he felt the weight of it being taken away.

Maanvi!! Enough!!!, she thought, as she felt his eyes on her. She made a dash of getting the tray out from his hands and kept it near the sink. And she turned back to the stove to check the food.

Virat saw her moving faster than ever. Her movements spoke of some uncertainty here, but it was not long when it started to fade and was back to normal. And that was only when she started stirring that pot again and smelled and tasted a bit of it.

His hands back, he walked upto where she stood and peered down from her shoulder.

Virat: What're you making? (raising his eyebrows)

Maanvi: Hmm? (turning a bit and then back; smiling) A curry.

Virat: Which one? (peering down even more, as if touching her shoulder)

Maanvi: (breathing in deep) Spinach one!! It's Viren's favourite curry!! (smiling down at it fondly and stirring it again)

Maanvi knew what Virat was trying to do. At least his closeness, his 'deliberate' closeness told her so. Her senses were already playing her, and there was this heat, or steam, coming up from all the food cooking in front of her, making her gaze hazy at it's effect, teamed up with the proximity of him. And so she did what she could do best. Talk about Viren, because somehow talking about him brought in peace to her mind, and adoration and admiration would be shown in her features all over for that man.

Virat could do nothing but just stand there and grit his teeth at the mention of his brother's name with so much fondness from her. It made his insides burn like acid, as he saw her smile so lovingly at Viren's imaginary image that he was sure that she could see in that brewing hot pot. Here was trying to do something that his senses were telling him to do, while her actions and nonchalance were driving him bonkers. He stopped just as he was about to start trembling in anger, and breathed deeply, while pressing the bridge of his nose to calm himself.

Virat: (smiling hesitantly) Oh! Nice! (pushing his hands into his pant-pockets, before fisting them into tight balls)

Maanvi could see everything from the corner of her eyes, and blinked happily at the effect of her words on him. He did try it once, and was almost successful too, but now she couldn't let that happen again. She smiled to herself on feeling him still at the mention of Viren.

Viren stepped in to see Virat very close to Maanvi, resulting him to set his jaw tight at the sight to control from lashing out. He cleared his throat, as he walked upto Virat.

Viren: (trying to sound as casual as possible) Kya Virat? Wassup? (slapping his shoulder and smiling)

Virat had literally jumped out of his skin on hearing his brother's voice cut in through that uncomfortable silence there.

Maanvi breathed in easily on hearing Viren and turned with a wide smile lingering on her lips.

Virat: (noticing Maanvi's smile and narrowing his eyes in suspicion) Nothing Bhai! (turning to Viren and slipping his arm on Viren's shoulder) Was just watching Maanvi cook your favourite curry! (with a lop-sided smile, watching her from the back)

naina927 thumbnail
**** CHAPTER 5 c] ****
CLOSER
 BY NAINA

Virat: (noticing Maanvi's smile and narrowing his eyes in suspicion) Nothing Bhai! (turning to Viren and slipping his arm on Viren's shoulder) Was just watching Maanvi cook your favourite curry! (with a lop-sided smile, watching her from the back)

viren : ohh... (smiling at virat, trying to look as casual and unaffected as possible) anyways maan...
maanvi (turning around with a wide smile on her face) : yes... what happened jaan...?? (looking at virat who was really not liking this )

virat : you miss maa-- i mean bhabhi way too much... that u just cant stay away from her... right bro...??? (glaring at viren and this insides burning... he just didnt wanted them to continue their lovey dovey convo...) but u know what... i can understand (looking at manvi from the corner of his eyes) whehn u have such a beautiful wife... isnt it just obvious to be head over heels in love and being protective and possessive...

viren smiled at virat's comment but he could senses his much famous aura... an aura of a playboy and he just dont believe virat to not get started here in HIS house.

maanvi (wondering what got into the-arrogant-rude vadera, to suddenly praise her that too in presence of viren) : jaan... u didnt reply to me... (trying to get viren's attention as he looked lost somewhere)

viren : maan... can u come with me...?? (forwarding his hand for maanvi)

maanvi smiled and moved towards viren and placed her hand into his feeling like she was a princess and her prince asked her out for a royal dance.

viren smiled back at maanvi and winked at her making her blush. viren was about to turn and move when --- viren turned around to see virat holding onto maanvi's dupatta and maanvi annoyingly looking at virat.

viren just felt like punching virat but controlled his emotions and calmly yet authoritatively asked  " what is this virat...?? (looking at maanvi's dupatta which virat was holding)"

virat seeing viren thought that he was getting jealous n uncomfortable and did a small happy dance in his mind and then very confidently looked at viren.

virat : bhai if u will take maanvi bhabhi... you will cook YOUR favourite curry... (stressing at the word "your". because this very word made virat grit his teeth... maanvi talking fondly about viren n his curry kept ringing in his head)

viren took a step forward and freed the corner of maanvi's dupatta which was virat holding in his fist. virat was unable to understand his own feelings at the time when viren freed the dupatta from his hold, because it was not only that lifeless dupatta that viren snatched from virat. it all had some different meaning for virat all together. he felt as if viren snatched everything from him... everything which was HIS... viren snatched maanvi from him... maanvi who was only his and.. and her LOVE... virat realised what he was thinking and soon he erased all those thoughts... he shouldnt be thinking like this about his brother's wife.. his bhabhi...

viren : cmon maan... lets just go and set the table... (putting his hand around maanvi)

jeevika : here we are...  maanu your daughter was missing u i guess... (beeming with happiness and chirpiness in her voice)

" ohhh... here are all the people... this young man with firefly is also here...!!!! but why he never looks at him... *pouting* i hate you firefly man... my dadda... dont touch my mommy daddy... she is mine... and why are they all smiling...??? i cant see anything funny... and its too hot here...!!!  " muski giggled and forwarded her hands calling viren with her small little fingers and her toothless smile.

viren stepped forward making cooing sounds and took his angel in his arms. he kissed her forehead and tickled her making muski giggle. muskaan touched viren's face with her fingers and nudged his nose with hers. she looked at her dad awaiting his reaction and when viren smiled lovingly at her. muskaan clapped her hands in joy... " i love u daddy... ". viren was busy cuddling muskaan while jeevika and maanvi were admiring the father-daughter duo while virat was now looking at the little bundle of joy in viren's hands.

muskaan was giggling when her eyes again caught the gaze of the firefly man and glared at him " u didnt give me that firefly... i am not talking to you... you are bad... and mom...??? why are u smiling...?? send this firefly man back... " muskaan took her palm forward and kissed it placing it on viren's lips and looked at virat as if teasing him. soon muskaan placed her head on viren's shoulder (the most safest place for a daughter is her daddy's embrace).

maanvi watched the changing body language of her little angel. maanvi went up to viren and hugged viren and muskaan. she was holding her world in her hands and dropped a kiss on muskaan's cheek. viren also turned towards maanvi winking at her and asking for a kiss from his eyes that spoke volumes. jeevika titled her head and whispered dreamily " you guys are just perfect... what a perfect family...!!! PICTURE PERFECT..."

" THE PICTURE PERFECT FAMILY" just infuriated virat more and made him tremble in anger. he looked at maanvi, viren and muskaan and wonders that he should be the one holding muskaan and the one whom maanvi was hugging and almost about to kiss. virat realises what he just thought and clears his throat rather loudly, making the two lovers jump out from their trance. while Jeevika is standing away, smiling goofily at the two and shaking her head in amusement.

maanvi : lets go baby... (taking muskaan from viren's arm) jeevi come n help me na...

jeevika : okk

dinner was the usual affair. viren was enjoying his favourite spinach curry and happily looking at his family... the two most important ladies of his life... maanvi. his wife and muskaan, his daughter... he would just do anything for these two because their happiness is the only thing that mattered to him and he thanked got for blessing him such a family. jeevika was having fun with her friends and enjoying this moment. while a pair of eyes was looking at this pefect family and burning in anger and jealous.

virat was thinking only one thing and it was " why am i not liking this...??? i should be happy, shouldnt i...??? but why all this bothering me...??? why do i want maanvi to look at me and smile at me...??? why do i want to be close to her and hold her...??? no virat... stoppp...!!! dont think like that... stoppp virat... "

maanvi : my honey bun... my coochie cooo why are not eating this...??? muski... mumma made this baby... only for you... (muskaan giggled in response) cmon open your mouth sweetheart... (muskaan opened her mouth and ate the food)

virat : woww... good girl huh...??? i like good girls...

manvi looked at virat from the corner of her eyes and she knew what he meant. the smirk on his face was telling her that what she was thinking was absolutely right...

viren : had to be virat...

virat : ohh yeah... daddy's daughter... right maanvi...???

manvi couldnt ignore virat so she looked at him and nodded in positive focusing all her attention on muskaan.

virat focused on his food rather than anything else... because the great virat vadera cannot handle ignorance.

maanvi : viren... you curry is almost finished... lemme give you more... (holding the bowl in her hands)

viren : maan... i am almost done...

maanvi : no... you work so much jaan... and when it comes to eating, you eat like a squirel... (maanvi put some curry  and rice in viren's plate)

jeevika : not fair mannu... your whole attention is on your hubby only...

maanvi : why not...??? you also dont give me importance when you are with your boyfriend...

virat : can i have some curry jeevika...??

jeevika : oh yeah... why not... (jeevika took the bowl from maanvi and served virat)

virat looked at maanvi to check if she is affected by this or not. he expected to see a flash of anger or jealousy in maanvi's eyes because he always loved when her eyes spoke. but no... this time... this time it was different... maanvi seemed least interested and affected by this... instead she was enjoying focusing on her husband and daughter.

virat : thank you jeevika...

jeevika : anytime...

viren noticed it and smirked. he thought that his brother would never change... the same playboy he used to be in college... his charm and his flirting skills affecting all girl making them fall for him.

" everyone is soo busy in eating... i am already done... mom...??? why are these people smiling without reason...?? " muskaan thought to herself.

maanvi : cmon eat this muski...

" look at my size... how much will i eat mommy...??? i am a baby... "

virat : you are a brilliant cook maanvi... (trying to get some attention from maanvi)

maanvi : thank you... (again turning to muskaan and nudging her nose)

virat : maanvi...??? (virat was shouting in his mind "look at me damn it")

maanvi : yes virat (trying to hide her irritation)

virat : can i feed muskaan...???

viren choked on this food and coughed. maanvi ran to viren and gave him a glass of water to drink and she rubbed his back. this infuriated virat even more and his fingers turn into a fist.

maanvi : are you ok now...???

viren : yes i am... thanks...

virat : i was saying something...

maanvi : ohh yeah... what were you saying virat...??? (looking at virat thinking what is wrong with his mind now...)

virat : i was saying you can have dinner and i will feed muskaan... actually i would love to... (looking at maanvi and then at muskaan)

viren : its okk virat... you dont need to - (viren was cut in between by virat)

virat : no bhai... i would really love to...

maanvi : but virat...

virat : cmon maanvi...

maanvi : okk (maanvi held muskaan in her hands and made her sit on the empty chair beside virat)

" where we going mumma...??? woww... we are going out... yiieepiiee... " muskaan giggled and clapped her hands. maanvi looked at muskaan wondering whats got into her little daughter suddenly...

virat : she seems very happy in my company... (taking muskaan from maanvi and purposely touching her hands)

maanvi subtly smiled at virat but something within her burnt... virat, his actions and his words affecting her... donno why...

virat took some rice in a spoon and was about to feed muskaan when she held the spoon and bent her head a little backward.

" no young man... i dont want to eat... i eat only from mommy... "

virat took out his silver tie pin and showed it to muskaan as if teasing her.

' firefly... i want this... firefly man give it to me please... "

virat : do u want this muski...??? (moving it in front of muskaan and then taking it away from her sight)

muskaan nodded her head in positive and forwarded her hands to snatch it from virat.

virat : then eat this my baby... (forwarding the spoon towards muskaan)

muskaan opened her mouth and ate from virat's hands and then clapped her hands "now give me the firefly... "

virat : here you go... (virat gave the tie pin to muskaan and who seemed way too much fascinated with the pin)

muskaan leaned forward and opened her arms signalling virat to pick her up in his arms.
virat picked muskaan in his arms and she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her head on his shoulder. the next moment virat felt something different. he was feeling happy and contended because of the little arms wrapped around his neck. virat carresed muskaan's hair and felt as if he got everything. moments back viren was holding her and now he was holding her in his arms.

maanvi was not liking this... she wasnt liking the look at virat's face and the way he was holding muskaan in his arms... why the hell was this man trying to come close to her little happy family...
after dinner, viren maanvi jeevika and virat were sitting in the hall while muskaan was already asleep.

jeevika : i think now i should leave... its late...

maanvi : jeevi... why dont u stay here tonight... right viren...???

viren : yeah jeevika... you can go tomorrow morning...

jeevika : okkk...

viren (humbly yet just for formality) : why dont u also stay here virat...??? its late...

virat : actually bhai... no but i guess you are right... i should stay here... i would love to spend some more time with muskaan...

viren : yeah why not... so virat you seem to enjoy this new role of a chachu... (keeping hs hand at virat's shoulder)

virat wanted to jerk viren's hand away but controlled himself and smiled at viren...

virat : im lovin it... but bhai i wonder how did you go so lucky...?? a wife like maanvi and a daughter like muskaan...

maanvi wanted to reply virat but settled on ignoring him and his remarks.

maanvi : jeevika... lets go and have some chit chat... its been so long...

jeevika : yeah... lets go... bye guys... have fun...

maanvi took jeevika to her room and they both started talking... usual girly stuff and all...

virat : so bhai tell me how you met bhabhi... i mean your love story...

viren : want some whiskey...??? (moving towards the bar)

virat : yeah...

viren : so how have been your life in these 2 years...???

virat : i have been working good bhai... one of the buggest business tycoon u see... i have almost achieved my dream and soon i will get everything i deserve...

viren : thats impressive brother...

virat : so tell me something about your life and ofcourse married life...

viren : what do u want to know virat...??? me n maanvi are happy... happily married you see... and muskaan is just a blessing showered on us by god...

virat : you really love maanvi... dont you...??? (trying to know about viren's feelings towards maanvi)

viren : why do u suddenly want to know this...??? i mean why this sudden interest...

virat : cmon i am generally asking...

viren : maanvi... what should i say about her... she is like a fresh breeze of air... we were destined to meet virat, destined get married n fell in love... our love story is very unique n special n the best thing is that our love for each other is way too strong n pure... infact muskaan is a token of love that we have for each other... im truely blessed...

virat was forced to paste a smile on his face but from inside he was burning... burning way too much...

virat : thats great... i need to sleep... goodnight bhai...

viren : okk goodnight virat... take care...

next morning

virat woke up and went to kitchen to fetch some coffee. while making coffee he remebered that maanvi loved black coffee because he has seen her drinking it many times.

virat : so today you will the pleasure of drinking the coffee specially made by the great virat singh vadera... i know you will love it...

maanvi : virat...

virat turned around and saw maanvi standing in front of him in her nightgown which was hugging her curves perfectly. he couldnt take his eyes off her and something was making him loose his senses.

maanvi : do u need something...???

virat : actually i was making coffee for us... (he never thought that the word "us" would give him so much of pleasure)

maanvi : us...?? but... (the word  "us" making maanvi uncomfortable)

virat : yeah u and me... i know you drink coffee... black coffee...

maanvi : i dont like coffee... i have to make green tea for viren... he is about to wake up...

virat (sudden happiness turning into grief) : carry on...

virat emptied the pan of coffee in the sink and left the kitchen. maanvi was not very happy with this kind of behaviour but virat vadera has always been like this... rude and arrogant...
maanvi made the tea and woke up viren and they both had their morning tea together enjoying the moment. viren and maanvi made their way outside, viren to meet virat and manvi to prepare breakfast.

viren : so did u sleep well...??

virat : yes... thanks...

viren : anything wrong virat...???

virat : no...

viren : listen virat i have to rush for office... i have a meeting at 10

virat : i will also leave soon...

viren and virat both went to their room while manvi made a black coffee for jeevika and went to her room.

maanvi : get up queen elizabeth...

jeevika : mannu...

maanvi : good morning jeevi... get up yaar... here is your coffee...

jeevika : thanks mannu...

maanvi : now get up and remember you came here for helping me out in the preprations jeevi... and u are busy sleeping...

jeevika : ofcourse i remember... its muski's birthday...

maanvi : yeah... muski's birthday and we have a lot to plan...

jeevika : okk gimme me five minutes to freshen up and then we all will plan...

maanvi : okkk... but come soon...

maanvi was busy preparing breakfast when viren called her.

viren : maan...

maanvi : coming...

maanvi entered the room and saw viren standing in front of the mirror with two ties in his hand.

viren : which one...???

maanvi : hmm... the red one...

viren : cool... cmon then...

maanvi (taking the tie from viren) : when will you start doing it yourself my dear husband...???

viren (smiling at maanvi) : never...

maanvi (tieing the tie) : what if someday i am not there...?? what will you do then...???

viren (pulling manvi close to him with his hands on her waist) : i will make sure that "that" day never comes... but if in case, such a day comes, i will stop wearing ties.

maanvi (looked at viren with tears in her eyes) : why do you love me soo much...????

viren : can you tell me why do look at me with so much of love in your eyes...??

maanvi : no...

viren : so how i am supposed to answer your question...???

maanvi : the great lawyer viren vadera in action...

viren : haha... really...

maanvi : really...

maanvi was busying tieing the tie while viren was busy teasing maanvi... sometimes brushing the hair strands falling on her face, sometimes kissing her cheeks or the nape of her neck, sometimes drawing unknown patterns with his finger on her back.

maanvi : dont distract me viren...

viren : i am doing nothing baby... (smirking and pulling her even more closer)

maanvi : here you go... its done...

viren : no its not done... (pulling the knot of the tie) its not perfect...

maanvi : viren... now do it yourself...

viren : you know i dont know how to... tie it na maan...

maanvi again tied the tie and was about to turn when viren hugged her from behind and whispered something into maanvi's ear making her blush. the two love birds were so engrossed in each other that they failed to notice a pair of eyes watching all this and burning from within.

at the breakfast table, maanvi brought up the topic of muskaan's birthday party and the plans thereafter. viren was excited and virat just wanted to leave from there but something was holding onto him and that was maanvi and the smile on her angelic face.

viren : so lets go for shopping today... what say...???

jeevika : i cant join you guys... i have some personal work...

maanvi : ohhh come on jeevi... join us na...

jeevika : i will try mannu...

viren : why dont u accompany me virat...??? you know na girls and shopping...

virat (looked at viren making sure that viren himself asked him to join them) : if you want bhai... i will surely join you... after all its for someone special... (looking at maanvi which didnt go unnoticed by viren and maanvi)

viren : what...?? (regretting his own decision of inviting virat)

virat : i mean for muskaan... my one and only neice... by the way i would love to see her before i leave...

maanvi : i will get her... (maanvi was thinking what is virat upto now)

maanvi brought muskaan to the breakfast table waking her up.

" woww... again so many people... " muskaan giggled seeing all of them.

maanvi was about to give muskaan to viren was virat took out his car keys and shook it to gain muskaan's attention... muskaan immediately was attracted to the car keys and forwarded her hands to go to virat which made virat happy and satisfied while viren didnt like it and looked upset.

" i want this firefly man... take me buddy " muskaan was leaning more and more towards virat. virat smiled and got up from the chair and took muskaan from maanvi intentionally brushing his fingers with maanvi's. maanvi went and sat next to viren holding his hand in hers and smiling at him assuring him.

virat : i missed you muski...

virat smiled and muskaan giggled and took the car keys from virat and shook it making a tingling sound. virat kissed her forehead and found a different knid of happiness which he never felt before. having muskaan in his arms delighted him in a way nothing could.

virat : muski aaj shopping pe jaegi na chachu ke saath... (swaying muskaan in his arms)

muskaan clapped her hands but soon her attention drifted to viren. muskaan said " dadda... "

viren : come my baby... (viren was happy now)

virat gave muskaan to viren smiling but from within he wasnt liking it at all... he was hating that he himself was giving muskaan back to viren.

after viren's meeting, they all went for shopping. at the shopping mall, jeevika and maanvi wer busy in shopping and viren was playing with muskaan while virat's focus of attraction was maanvi. viren took muskaan to the food-court because muskaan was feeling hungry while virat saw maanvi admiring a beautiful saree. she was admiring it but when she saw the price, her smile faded and see moved ahead. this somehow made virat upset and sad. he hated when that beautiful smile on maanvi's face faded. virat decided to buy that saree for maanvi and gift her with all matching accessories. virat excused himself and said that he will join them later at home.

back at home

virat joined them for dinner and after dinner went to maanvi in the kitchen.

virat : maanvi...

maanvi : yes...

virat : this is for you... (handing a gift to maanvi)

maanvi : for me... but why...??

virat : just like that... why dont you open it...??

maanvi : i can take this virat... viren wouldnt like it...

virat : bhai would love seeing you in this... please accept it... please...

maanvi : virat this is not right... i cannot take it... try to understand...

virat : please maanvi... please accept it for muski.. its her first birthday...

maanvi smiled and opened the gift and her eyes sparkled on seeing the same  saree she saw at a shop.

maanvi : this saree...

virat : you liked it...??

maanvi : yes... but its very expensive virat... i cant take this... (getting uncomfortable with the expensive gift)

virat : cmon it isnt... you know bhai na... but maanvi we vadera's can afford anything and everything... (being proud of his name and fame)

maanvi : but still... how can i take this when my husband isnt comfortable with all this...

virat : i would love it if you wear it on muskaan's birthday... will you...??

maanvi : actually... i mean virat...

virat : remember its muskaan's first birthday... if not for me, then for muskaan... please...

manvi quietly kept the packet with herself and went to her room while virat also smiled and went to his room. he was very happy today. maanvi genuinely smiled at him and most fo all he brought that smile on her face.

maanvi took the gift to her room and saw viren looking out of the window. maanvi kept the gift in her almirah and went to viren and hugged him. after sometime viren gifted maanvi a packet and manvi opened it and found a beautiful and elegant saree. it wasnt that expensive but the love with which viren gifted the saree, made it priceless for maanvi and she promised viren that she would wear it on a special ocassion.

viren : wear it on muski's birthday party...

maanvi : okk... (smiling but thinking of the saree virat gifted her)

viren : maan this saree might be not that expensive but -

maanvi : but its priceless for me jaan...

viren : i love you maan...

maanvi : love you too... and i would only n only wear this on muski's birthday...

rasp_berry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry sorry sorry pakde he dono kan kya...really sorry fr editing my comment so late...maf kar do

zooby dooby zooby dooby pampara zooby dooby parmpa...i m 1st...superb, mindblowing, awesome story...naina frm now among all ur stories this 1 is on no.1 possission in my fvrt list...u girls done excellent job...hands down...i loved every part to the core...seriously...
the time of the necessesory leaps n entry of the every character : perfect (y)

loved the virens character like anything...ideal husband, father n even brother...surely virat was that reason behind manvis sudden marriage...manvi playing her part really well...loving wife n mother...but now virat is back to spoil her beautiful world...ahhh his increasing jealousy n insecurity is not a good sign...after all how long he will hold himself...manvis closeness burning him like anything...but thats not her fault either...he is late...

Mehek is so cute n sweet...hwww where is she now...n i m damn sure virat is behind her kidnapping...ufff...crazy man

jeevikas character is still bit unclear...i mean is she is relate to viren somewhere or just a manvis frd...i hope so...lets c wat u stored fr us...lolzzz...

Cont soon soon soon...i cant wait fr the next...plsssEdited by rasp_berry - 10 years ago