Frequent Posters

MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
i have no problem with thaat πŸ˜‰
DrShuenmial thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Jamba-

<font color="#ff0000" size="3">Ok - so I can't believe I'm saying this - especially since I'm the TM.πŸ˜•</font>

<font size="3"><font color="#ff0000">For everyone who doesn't like the Take 5 brand of snark - </font>STOP BUMPING UP THE THREAD by commenting on it!<font color="#ff0000">You're achieving exactly the opposite of what you want, which is to prevent additional views on it.πŸ˜ƒ</font><font color="#ff0000">This thread and episode review is 4 days old, and if it was a newspaper - it would be fish wrappings by now! πŸ˜‰</font></font>

<font size="4" color="#0000ff">Most of us have gotten the message loud and clear that differing points of view are NOT welcome on the EBP forum and everyone is required to sing kumbaya around the campfire...or get the heck out of Dodge.</font>

<font color="#ff0000" size="3">Rather than make a big deal out of it on a forum that is barely a week old - we've chosen to do the latter. The only reason I worked with the mods to get the thread reopened was because I don't believe ANY thread should get a taala unless it violates the CoC. They agreed - and reopened it.</font>

<font size="4" color="#0000ff">So we hope you enjoy the show - and please let this thread fade away!πŸ˜‰</font>

I heard some times whistling in to the wind is amusing is it so???
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Am i also bumping this...😳..sowwie...bt  i didnt get a chance to comment ...i loved this post...πŸ˜ƒ..n i always like your humor..πŸ˜ƒ

havent seen much of the show to talk abt it...πŸ€”
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I'm super late to this party and the show is now a whole week old ... but hum aur Take 5 - HAMESHA! 

J, thanks for the always entertaining, fabulous snarky, witty Take 5. It never fails to tickle my ribs and lift my spirits! πŸ€£ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘ β€οΈ

Thanks to my now unfashionably late entrance, I also got to catch up on some of the drama on the thread, none of it actually related to the show. For the record, I have nothing against the second edition - not even the name! The name is Star Plus and the PH's intellectual property, their right to use in a new franchise. Good luck to them and the fans who enjoy the show. May it be a memorable ride. 

I am however shocked at some of the intolerance seen on this thread. For those of you who don't know about the Take 5, here's an introduction that dates back to the classic, the original (some may say the real, true πŸ˜‰ ) IPK forum. It's witty, it's irreverent, it's snarky - it pokes gentle fun. But it is definitively is a malice and hate free zone. Those who don't see the humor are certainly free to disagree just as vocally or stay away. 

Never mind the original IPK and it's iconic online popularity - the IPK forum on IF was for the most part an amazing place that drew an incredible variety of posts and people. There were plenty of turf fights and ugly spats, but amidst it all was a vibrant space where every shade of opinion coexisted - there were the droolers, the rationalists, the witty ones, the twits... everyone said their piece and hence the pages flew. Salaams to Mandy and the gang of Mods (sorry, I don't recall your names, shame on me! πŸ˜›) for walking such a tight line in policing the mob and yet allowing people to speak freely. 

This is IPK - Again - The title and the tagline invite comparison with the original, by the channel and the PH. They WANT us to recall our love for the original and enjoy the next edition. It seems patently ridiculous to suggest that we not compare! If the show had been called Shudh Desi Mills and Boons Romance, I'd see some merit to the no comparison rule but this title and this premise is BEGGING for comparison. πŸ˜‰  I absolutely don't get this culture of intolerance on IF - people can and should be allowed to speak openly, as long as there's no hate mongering. As far as the Take 5 is concerned, its focus is the content and the execution of the show, not on the individuals involved in making it - not those behind the camera and not those in front of it. 

Those who are fans of the actors or the show itself - good for you! Love it with all your might, but why gag those with a different opinion? πŸ˜•

My school marm-ish finger wagging piece may get this post closed- again- πŸ˜ƒ if anyone cares anymore. I know J won't hold it against me  if that happens. It may even get me excommunicated from IF - who knows! But I'm truly appalled at the lack of tolerance for differing view points and simply had to say my piece. 

If you're still reading - may Devi Maiyya bless you AND well... you clearly have too much time on your hands! πŸ˜†

Rabba Ve πŸ€—
Edited by docgirl - 10 years ago
svmi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Jamba
Just want to say..

Used  to read and love your 'take' on the previous show and enjoyed your recent post on EBP.  Looking forward to read more. 
payalpencil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you are hilarious!!!!! and ipkknd was great tooo :D
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@ docgirl - Well said !! πŸ‘ πŸ‘
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Doc, hum bhi aapse ILU dammit.. ek baar phir!!
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So I'd sworn I was DONE with this thread, but Docgal - πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘!!!  Babe, just caught up with your post...and all I'll say is...Oh Em Gee!!! πŸ˜‰

There is a reason you and I are hamesha and always - and it has NOTHING to do with your spirited defense of Take 5 (though I LUB you for it)  πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—  If I could - I'd take your lines on free speech and PIN them to the first page of EVERY forum in IF - 'tis a lesson we would all do well to take to heart. πŸ˜•

Everyone - I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing this, but I'm not tired of saying it. πŸ˜› Shurukiya so much for all the lau and support - here on the thread, and also in PM's!!!
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: docgirl

This is IPK - Again - The title and the tagline invite comparison with the original, by the channel and the PH. They WANT us to recall our love for the original and enjoy the next edition. It seems patently ridiculous to suggest that we not compare! If the show had been called Shudh Desi Mills and Boons Romance, I'd see some merit to the no comparison rule but this title and this premise is BEGGING for comparison. πŸ˜‰  I absolutely don't get this culture of intolerance on IF - people can and should be allowed to speak openly, as long as there's no hate mongering. As far as the Take 5 is concerned, its focus is the content and the execution of the show, not on the individuals involved in making it - not those behind the camera and not those in front of it. 

Those who are fans of the actors or the show itself - good for you! Love it with all your might, but why gag those with a different opinion? πŸ˜•

Rabba Ve πŸ€—

Rabba Ve and Khushi wale hugs back at you, DocπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— Aap aaye, bahaar aayeeπŸ˜ƒ

Like you, had been late to the party...thread had been shut down by the time I got here...and later, when re-opened, had not posted out of deference to J's wishes, but now that you have shown the way, (and how, if I may addπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
...) can I just say, ditto? 

You can't bill a show to be a sequel, part 2, EPB and then expect the audience not to compare it with the original. Like I had said on the CC, it is like Sheetal bringing in the Chota Packet to RM, and then putting a gag order on all comparisons with Arnav. 😲

@Underlined: πŸ‘πŸΌThat really is the crux of the issue. Wish more people would recognize it.
Don't think any of us has anything against the actors, or the new PH. And absolutely no ill-will towards their fans. Heck, now toh I have even reconciled myself to the use of the title. I still think it was a misguided decision on SP's part, but then in a free country we are all allowed to make mistakes. πŸ˜Š

And J, aapke liye aur kya kahen hum? Am truly lost for words...the entire Take 5 is matchless, but specially the following...

- at least, as soon as MAN figures out how to incubate babies in labs,  and separate whites from colors while doing laundry.

...is profound!!!*shakes head*  πŸ˜ƒ

Love all you gals, spice and all,  humesha!