Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chayya55 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ipkviewer

Yes, good that it is re-opened. In my observation, I havent seen any posts criticizing actors of new show in either of the forum.

Just going thru some posts in this forum today and it is apparent mods are doing the best to restrict any comparisons whatsoever. There are 2 major aspects in the show such as name of the show and seemingly reshuffled scenes between the leads which cant make audience avoid comparisons. Restricting this outright is nothing but restricting the right for speech. I can foresee the repercussions if no such rules are enforced though, but what to do- SP has chosen a nayi soched concept of this show that is making both forum members and mods life miserable. It sounds to me producer of re-made film like Sholay, Agneepath, Zanjeer demanding audience not to compare to originals and just watch the remake and flourish them.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon doesnt always have to be between a bubbly young girl and angry young man with troubled past. Any 2 different personalities can be picked and tell their story in a bit refreshing way and build a different identity to actors playing. That is when a so-called franchising concept can work and that can also earn some respect among audience that there is some honest groundwork done behind scenes apart from exercising power and grabbing sole rights.

@TM, nice post by the way.

You are so right 
But were the remakes of the above movie compared or bashed like done with season 2 

And why say the same in season 2 as in season 1 most of Indian soaps are a repeat in some form or another and the name being the same that's up to the channel we did not like it too but have realized nothing can be done no Ph no channel changes the name after the show is on air 

Saying this I have seen lot of viewers did not like the name hitler didi and asked the Chanel to change the name they they do it ? No they did not -- mods the mention of this other show is just to prove my point

don't think it is a nice post at all --- but---------- 
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Guys chill 

Let the mods do their job 

Am sure they will do the right thing 

If they say no comparisons allowed and comparisons are -----
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
me i dont care what people say what i no avinash is rocking love the show
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you all - happy that the thread has been reopened ðŸ˜‰

For folks who don't like the Take 5 - guess what? 
Feel FREE to say so! ðŸ˜Š 

If I'm going to type up a long post lampooning the show - I can't complain when someone exercises that same right to criticize my post. 

All I demand is that I be extended the same courtesy in return - and be allowed to criticize that which I find lacking. THAT is what encourages a healthy exchange of views. 

And now this soapbox is starting to get bherry uncomfortable due to vertical-go (vertigo), so I'll get off ðŸ˜‰
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chintu123

good that the post is reopened. Comparisons are inevitable when the makers themselves are wanting and inviting comparison  and more importantly appealing to the same viewer base. 

Jamba, wanted to tell you- fantastic take! I discovered your Take 5s quite late and have been enjoying them tremendously! Wish I was around then!

Shuru-kiya. But Star Plus never listens,  Nand Kishore ðŸ˜‰ 

And so they stuck the EBP team with an albatross around their necks in those crucial first days when any new show really finds its footing.

Ah well - phront phront. 
Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Well I dont see EBP that bad but lets see how it turns up!!
maya-kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I still don't know why this thread is open if it was so fair than why season 2 guys are not saying it is a good thread all seen here who are liking this thread is season one guys 

Is this forum for praising season one ?

I thought this forum was for season 2 
IllGetOverIpk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Glad this thread is open again :)
arnanya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
res
I am only  silent stalker here 😃 
DrShuenmial thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Snarktastic!!!! Coming across a post like this is like finding a four leaf clover I remember learning a long long time ago in far far away galaxy that it takes lot of work from the pre frontal cortex and para hippocampal gyrus to come up with such snark, sarcasm... Take a bow... Gifted is the word.

I've had a Ross and Rachelesque affair(yes you guessed it right I'M old and I AM refering to that 90's show) with the ORIGINAL so thought will give the " oh its a sequel but its not a sequel" a try. Even though the misogynism is stifling me I will stick around a couple of weeks and see what happens "phront phront" :))