Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
oye this is sticky and i was looking for it everywhere๐Ÿ˜†..
congo hammie๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...

firstly...
๐Ÿ‘.. wonderfully well written, detailed, clear and vivid description.. i felt as if i am watching the episode live..

the old man was hilarious and his expressions so comical when the kid was attending nature's call..
babi.. ahh good old strong babi. threatening and blackmailing god. oh well we all do that. i did this for you god. time for payback...

i termed mangala as selfish, insensitive neighbour when i saw first epi but she is actually a sweetheart. so is her husband. 

sethji was adorable..
ganpat.. vile...

but babi's sickle carrying dacoit avatar for classic..
the way she says... GANPAT and goes charging..(the trumpet background music)

and naku... my vulnerable, innocent, petite lovely lady..
heart melts for her. adorable poor little thing..
and fab acting..

(your airbubble theory is pretty scientific girl... the pump scene. but you know what... when i was kid and if our tv didn't work we used to hit it on top. and voila it used to start working. same for pen, calculator, scooter. and even now when my remote doesn't work instead of changing batteries i hit it. and guess what.. it starts working. thatz typical indian way to get things working. good old kick, shake or tap.๐Ÿ˜†)..

wonderful job lady..
way to go..
๐Ÿฅณ

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Oh teri.. already episode two..
hammie girl.. you are on fire..
chalo off to read it..
will come back and comment.
Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bharti-

Hammie 

Firstly hats off to you, for the courage to open yet another front to your already packed schedule.   Your untiring support to the show n to the cause of the forum is unparalleled. ๐Ÿ‘
Its a strange feeling reading for the first time the WUD of the first episode after more than 3 1/2 yrs of its telecast.. till now had only checked YT videos for the earlier episodes.   I had got hooked to the show during the now legendary 'gun-point wedding', joined the forum much much later in sept '10,   by which time had missed much of the first half of the serial...  also not to forget the downside of paying a price of that one decision to this day...  unable to get over, nor able to appreciate any other show lol..
Reading your written UD one can forget the YT video,   instead let the imagination set rolling as your words capture every shot infusing life to it, its so vividly described, brillant indeed.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Coming to the episode n mainly the promo which caught my attention, its more an offensive/controversial take on the life of a girl predominantly harping on the looks or of the girl..   the cynical words on the fate of a girl sealed even before it begins as she,s portrayed to be "ugly"  due to her skin colour n her overall appearance...  Then a shining knight claiming to help her only adds insult.  
What saddens me is the widely prevalent attitude where a girl is made to feel apologetic of her looks n more  she needs a saviour as such.  Why cant any girl just be herself n why not her character her goodness or her work speak louder than her looks. Nevertheless the show was only mirroring a sad reality.  
Hmm, even  her name had a story,  'Nakusha' meaning unhappy/unwanted shockingly was given by her own grandmother (another woman) cause she was born a girl as if it was all her fault.  this was in itself a revelation to me that such a practice actually existed.  
To compound this girl,s woes is a namesake step father who can do nothing but add misery on their already impoverished lives.  But the bold brash brimming with energy dabang babi injects life into the show.  
Also noteworthy was the realistic portrayal of the economically downtrodden parts of our big cities, not to forget the quirky humourous irritating characters adding colour n spice.   
Thank you hammie, hope you enjoyed the telecast on the big screen.  Take care ๐Ÿ˜Š

awww sucha wonderful comment bharti๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...
@bold..
Ditto..
but in one way i am glad i watched this serial. atleast i tasted magic and above all i found this forum and the amazing people that reside here.๐Ÿ˜Š..

actually paresh rawal got inspired to create this story when he saw the abusive treatment meted out to his relatives young maid for her looks by his cousins.. but yes.. you said it. it is so wrong to judge a person on the basis of looks. especially something as superfluous as fairness. those horrible fairness ads don't help the cause either.

nakusha... not surprising since girl child is considered a bane in most of the parts in this country where female infanticide is rampant. but it warmed my heart to see how protective and loving babi was towards her nakusha.

ganpat was not totally black at the beginning. he did loved in his family in his own failed way. 
sad reality of life again. 

@blue.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ..

tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nakku suffering and sacrifices sangeeta using her nakku bought gifts for everyone fab precap scene waiting for babi action

twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Hammie
Awesome update..Loved the way you narrate the episode...Just Brilliant job...Enjoyed the update...I hate stupid youngsters' eve teasing...Naku took it in a good nature...her mistress refused to give advance money & sangeetha took her to a photo shop...Naku didn't know the purpose & let the photographer to take her photo...Loved the family scene & your writing style..Finally Babi had a nightmare...precap is interesting..Naku's photo came in the newspaper...poor Babi so excited ...BUT...Its really sad...They compared Naku's photo with Beautiful model...for me I loved that naku's innocent face...Eagerly waiting for Babi's reaction...Its a superb update...I felt that I'm also watching it live...Fantastic job...Thank you so much for your mind blowing superb update...Eagerly waiting for the next update...

Edited by twinkle-star - 10 years ago
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
episode 2:
thank you once again hammie for the wonderful update. i missed couple of scenes while watching youtube videos. your update made the scenes come alive in front of me..
much appreciated mate..

love the way this family plods on and try and find happiness in little things which means so less for privileged. being able to do pooja, a little piece of sweet, new clothes..
heart breaks for naku.. her strength for her family, her stoic attitude towards jeers and taunts, her tears at her helplessness.. fab acting. (i am partial towards koel naku. sue me)...

a lovely family bond..

champak the photographer๐Ÿ˜†.. even he was such an apt cast. 
good episode. suspense in the end. i was curious and little worried thinking what kinda pic that champu photographer has taken of my innocent naku.
overall a poingant episode.

(after watching this episode i felt more empathetic towards all maids in general. tough life. so when my maid asked me advance i gave her, then she asked me extra money. i gave again... and then she took off never to be seen again. so did my money.. but not all people are alike. other lady working in my house is lovely, hardworking one. and yes.. i give her advance too. she is still here. bless her.)

Banjaaran25 thumbnail

something for the fair versus dark debate..

god bless you nandita das..
you are one of the most beautiful lady i have ever seen...
be comfortable in your skin... beauty is beyond colour, looks, shape and size..
beauty is being you..
(love my koel naku...)..

-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .nimmi.

oye this is sticky and i was looking for it everywhere๐Ÿ˜†..

congo hammie๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ..
babi.. ahh good old strong babi. threatening and blackmailing god. oh well we all do that. i did this for you god. time for payback..
but babi's sickle carrying dacoit avatar for classic..
the way she says... GANPAT and goes charging..(the trumpet background music)

(your airbubble theory is pretty scientific girl... the pump scene. but you know what... when i was kid and if our tv didn't work we used to hit it on top. and voila it used to start working. same for pen, calculator, scooter. and even now when my remote doesn't work instead of changing batteries i hit it. and guess what.. it starts working. thatz typical indian way to get things working. good old kick, shake or tap.๐Ÿ˜†).

@red   Nimmi, was rofl reading, yaar this is so so true, the Indian kick,  just like the vintage vespa scooter, teda karo n maro, START ๐Ÿ˜†    Oh yes, ofcourse we do it to this day n it works most of the time ๐Ÿ˜ณ    
Thank you nimmi for appreciating my comments but honestly Nimmi im so glad  reading your hilarious take on everything, its a treat really...  Like good old days are back.    Thanx to hammie,s effort.   
Edited by -bharti- - 10 years ago
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Hammie
Bang On the dot... You took me by surprise with your prompt posting,  kudos to you. 
The family of Babi, mother struggling to keep her sanity while daughter is the peace maker, son the joker n husband the trouble maker.  But the mother daughter bond is indeed special both striving hard to keep things goin in their own ways.
Bechari koel naku is patience personified, like mother earth, takes all in her stride good bad everything.  How can anyone be so tolerant i wonder,  im more like babi ready to take on the world at the drop of a hat... 
Im sure in the next UD babi will do a murder or two after seeing the pic of naku.. Lol..  
But what a sadistic trick by champak all in the name of entertainment,  heights of insensitivity.  
The best part was the family gathering for the pooja n the small things which keeps them together against all odds, beautiful.  
But this show as nimmi rightly pointed forces one to empathise to the desperate lives of the people whom we so easily take for granted.  
Thank you hammie for the prompt updating, dont think you have missed a single moment of the episode, you are truly gifted.  God bless you dear. 

Edited by -bharti- - 10 years ago
swati2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hammie...again awesome updating...u describe the epi so vividly...i feel like i am watching them actually...you are very good writer...u make the written update a creative writing...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

the best part of the epi was the family bonding...though personally i can never understand why women stay with spineless men like Ganpat...i really hate this thing about our society...strong and spirited women like Babi hav to put with such men, who can best described as good for nothing, just for sake of the respectibility the married status bestows on the women...for just having a man in their life...no matter how worthless and disgusting the so called man of the house is๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก...our society needs to be more open about single women...

neways my personal feelings apart, the epi was really good...naku is so tolerant...i always admire patience in people as it is not one of my virtue๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰...mother-daughter bonding was beautiful...sethji is quite a joker...

but i really hate those loafers and that photographer and sangeeta too...they are so mean...deserve slaps, punches and kicks๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก...hope Babi will give them that...

good epi and brialliant updating...keep updating...love u dear...๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ