Episode 359 Discussion: 24th August 2013

-MAS- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Episode 359 Discussion: 24th August 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

Note for Newcomers to this thread.
Extremist thoughts and moralizing thoughts are not welcome over this thread. It is entertainment show we are watching. The channel calls their programs as entertainment and we are watching the show. Discussions are welcome in light hearted and in realistic manner. Moral policing is not appreciated.  We do not want to feel stifled into that kind of atmosphere here. 

There are several other social welfare sites that are there to discuss the genuine issues.  If for some reason, it is felt that social concerns have to be addressed and ethical and moral responsibility needs to be exercised for watching entertainment, then; certainly the forum is an open place to create separate ATs and build up that kind of propaganda.

Please heed to this as direct request and conditional requirement to participate in this thread. Strong words such as psychopaths unless used in show, need not be used to instigate riotous atmosphere or start sermonizing.

POINTERS for Writing/Posting of your reviews and thoughts over this EDT
  1. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  2. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.
  3. Regulate the font size. Keep remembering that. It is really not pleasing to see big bolded letters for no special reason.
  4. The thread becomes a mess when you give your review and do not REST for sometime until others have posted. Please understand, respites or reviews; once or twice are good for few pages...don't make a regular chat thread with your reiterating/whining/complaining on the same point. For the online readers, the thread becomes unpleasant read. There is a separate Complaints thread in Main Forum.
  5. When episodic content is emotional, take a deep breath, give a good lengthy review; that acts as your vent in one single post...and make an exit to calm down your nerves if you still are possessed by only what you've seen.  

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva

Note:
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

MAS will also maintain sister threads of Daily EDTs
  • Media Articles, Videos & Future Track Discussion-7
  • Meta Discussion
  • Can't Stop Discussing and Thinking About MBVerse

Indexing of EDTs

Link for December 2012 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/72894138

Link for January 2013 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/75172850

Link for February 2013 Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/77151154

Link for March 2013  - Index -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/79428174

Link for May 2013  - Index -

Cheers,
-MAS-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I was so right.. Beech me kuch bhi dete hai CVs but start and end is just like MEIEJ returns...

yesterday also precap , start and end was awesome. same case today beech me kuch bhi and start and end me with precap fabulous...

me waiting for tomorrow. i'm sure this week's TRPs will be very high...
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
May I ask , NF, what's the point of telling us "DO WATCH MB today, you will love it?" i mean we love it and we don't miss it but raising our expectations this way & not delivering, why?? do they want the chappal joote in advance? 

Just one scene worth it, that was RK asking Madhu in every possible way about her problem but this girl refuses to budge..when he says in the end that NOW he cannot stop her, with the dejected look, my BP was already rising..does she want to be helped or no? frm here on, the clunk started..

the useless Kundra Bhatia gana at RK's farmhouse, or on location, whatever...May I ask , why is Radha so elated? all forgiven and forgotten with Dipali? is she mad? Dipali was blackmailing her a while ago & now she's acting as if nothing happened ! whatever ! 

what's the point of Bittuji taking everybody's cell phones when they didn't keep a check on the land line phone? too bad Bittuji !

was RK acting with Bittuji or was he serious? was he actually concerned for Madhu and went behind her or was it a part of his plan? does he have a hint that Dipali is behind this (why did he take everybody's cell phones?) and purposely try to confuse her or he's actually as dumb as others?

Dips when paired with Sultan evokes a different kind of disgust..that the mad family out there are deaf , dumb and blind to ignore Dips harkatein..and she can carry out all her endeavours successfully without getting caught...so in short, they are not smart, others are acting as fools..anyhow, a lot of time was wasted on Dips roaming around the house and showing us the lousy interiors..

Smartness ki dukaan, din mein 4 baar kapde kaun badalta hai? dirty man ! well, Sullu tu toh gaya bec. ab tu "wait and watch" πŸ˜‘ 

Madhu coming back to RK mansion..darling, you left RK unguarded behind, you're looking for Mangesh Patil , everyone except RK and then you're worried abt RK only...Finally she will spill the beans accidently..and no, i'm not happy that she BBB'd Sultan, she didn't, she BBB'd RK..I'm more interested in Madhu BBB'ing Sultan..

Precap, same as the promo..

I hate myself for writing this long thesis for an idiotic drag episode..😑
Edited by _charu_ - 10 years ago
river123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Two words.  Loved it.   
  • Madhu melts in RKs arms, but not completely (woman, clearly youre made of much sterner stuff than me. I would have been in a puddle at that gorgeous mans feet -after all that emotional, romantic talk and holding.)
  • Madhu leaves, and RK reluctantly lets her go - the man has a plan.  
  • Dips et al show up at the safe house.  Bittuji confiscates the cell phones.  Radhaji looks all blissful and glowing, thinking this is a nice cozy family retreat.   
  • Dips desperately looks around for our beloved couple (a lot of time was spent on the search " we got the scenic tour of the house.  But am not particularly complaining today.)
  • Finally, Dips eavesdrops on RK and Bittujis totally fake-ly dramatic conversation ruing Madhus departure.  Obviously those two were suspicious, and know who is the possible rat in this house.
  • Dips runs to the land line and calls - who else - LV.  Who has had yet another change of clothing.  It occurs to me that maybe, just maybe, the man has a BO problem, and in an act of gentleness and kindness to humanity, changes all the time?
  • Funny scene, where Sultan growls incoherently and in frustration, thinking hes been totally double-crossed.  Dips tries to get him to go to RK mansion to check up on Madhu, but now that the man is in full-fledged suspicion mode, hes obviously not going to.  Am loving this game.  
  • BTW, am assuming that after all that elaborate cell phone planning, that the landline was not an oversight.
  • Back at RK Mansion, a frantic Madhu looks for the missing family.  Lights go off (nice move RK) and she sees the man with the gun, shrouded in the darkness. She loses it, and berates and screams at him.  
  • The promo yesterday was indeed misleading.  I was quite satisfied with the reaction.  In fact, I'm going to go back and re-watch. 

The Precap: Its RK!  Complete with trademark smirk.  Yes!!  Sunday, why do you have to come in between Saturday and Monday?

river123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

May I ask , NF, what's the point of telling us "DO WATCH MB today, you will love it?" i mean we love it and we don't miss it but raising our expectations this way & not delivering, why?? do they want the chappal joote in advance? 

Precap, same as the promo..

I hate myself for writing this long thesis for an idiotic drag episode..😑

🀣🀣  Maybe I was euphoric after watching the sad goodbye video, but I loved it! This is going to be fun on EDT today - looks like its going to be a loved it or hated it episode. πŸ˜†
zoya_naziya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: _charu_

I think it was ZA production tweet and not NF tweetπŸ˜†
hansa22 thumbnail
Good episode. MBEIEJ is slowly getting back its groove. I would'nt say 'slowly and surely' because I want to be absolutely sure, and that will depend on the coming episodes. 

First scene of the day, any guesses?? RK-Madhu at the hideout:
RK keeps talking to Madhu trying to get her to open up, he explains (beautifullyπŸ‘), how he could'nt meet her eyes post the unwedding because he was scared she would read his pain and love. Madhu holds her ground, till RK starts closing in, holds her, caresses her and pulls her into his arms. And she holds him back lost in him and almost secure in his arms. Such a lovely scene, both of them did a great job. THen she pulls back, and runs off, RK does'nt stop her. 

Rji, Dipali, Sikky, Bji arrive. Bji takes away everyone's cell phones, Dips is restless wanting to contact Sultan. RK comes to Biji and tells him Madhu left. DIps overhears, finds a landline (Bjiii, yeh kya planning hai), informs Sultan that Madhu has left, RK does'nt know where. Sultan haila, actually uses his grey cells, whatever he has , suspects RK knows the truth and it could be a plan to trap him. Of course, he has to repeat, madhu, tune dagaa kiya...uff, who are talking to, yaar? She cries for everything, don't believe herπŸ˜†πŸ˜‘. on the other hand, believe her, I don't give a damn. 

Second scene of the day: Madhu's reaction:
madhu reaches RK mansion, finds noone there. Gets into a hyperventilating panic, looks for Rji, Dipali (yes, while DIps is planning her destruction, Madhu includes her in her concernπŸ‘), Sikky. Looking for RK, she comes to their bedroom. Finds someone in her room, sees the gun, and assumes it is Sultan. SHe starts yelling at him asks him about her family, and finally asks him about RK. She tells him if he has harmed RK,she will kill him. She comes closer, lights come on, and she is stunned. 
I liked this scene especially after all the discussions we had today on  MAT, I was happy to see Madhu more aggressive. BTW, did I miss it, but the line in the promo, main tumahare saath aane ke liye tayar thi...was it missing ?? 
pre-cap: Right Kameena in actionπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
hansa22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: river123

🀣🀣   but I loved it! This is going to be fun on EDT today - looks like its going to be a loved it or hated it episode. πŸ˜†

@bold - I agree πŸ˜†
amrithas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am smiling from ear to ear finally after watching MBEIEJ after a long long time! Not to mention was desperately waiting to watch the episode like in the olden golden days! So here's why you wont be hearing me crib about all the drag, clunk n nonsense in between the awesome beginning n the dhamekaadhar ending! What else my two crazies are back and recognizable as the crazies I fell in love with in the first place! 

Loved the way RK tried his best to coax the truth out of Madhu! I say if this is how he persuades u to speak the truth Madhu, keep playing him, I'd love to watch! I loved that he drew on and talked about his experiences n feelings about her during their love/hatred, wedding/unwedding period! Nice touch Cvs appreciate it! So the almost melted Madhu in close( n I mean close) proximity to RK, manages to escape from all the heat! I understand your need for air, Madhu, I totally get it!(Me fanning myself)!As Madhu walks away from RK, they both shut their eyes in pain n frustration (aawww)!So RK is apparently dejected and lets Madhu walk off before the Nautanki Mandali arrives in style! 
A special mention to Sikky calling out for RK desperately! Had me guffawing! πŸ˜† Rji is ecstatic, Dipali is confused and desperate to contact Sultan! Bji confiscating the phones, reminded me of similar scenes in front of examination halls n classes in college! πŸ˜ƒ RK acts all disappointed in front of Bji, might be for Dips sake! Might I hope the landline is tapped by the brilliant RK-Bji team and they also checked Dips phone records! Or am I getting ahead of myself?Probably am, so moving ahead! 
If RK had a brain wave yesterday, Sultan wanting to prove his upper hand figures out that RK knows all about him n hopes to God that Madhu is not in it to do him in! 

Now cut to RK mansion, Madhu is desperately looking for Maa, Dipali, Mangesh and Sikky yes in that order apparently in her bedroom! We all know the state of their open room so no comments! 
Anyway lights go off and she spots a shadow with a gun! And my my Madhu in all sherni avatar gives it to the shadow,mistaking him for Sultan! And that's more like my Madhu! Loved her anger, indignation and aggressiveness when she feels Sultan has n can hurt RK! Thanks NF, for this one scene and boo to the channel for the misleading promo! But alas, all her anger is wasted yet again, as RK reveals himself! πŸ˜ƒIs Jungli Billi pe ek haq hain sirf RK ka! Not for the likes of Sultan! So I guess we'll leave the gangster to be dealt with properly by the Superstar itself! So like a good gal, cough it all up Biwi and let me go dream about u both crazies! 
Edited by amrithas - 10 years ago
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Enjoyed the episode.😳
*Loved* the Rishbala scene at the start - chemistry, dialogues, performance.⭐️
And am generally feeling less inclined to be critical for anything non-Rishbala, with an end to five torturous months in sight.😊

No idea if the landline phone (with possibility of an extension phone elsewhere in the house) was a deliberate oversight.πŸ˜•
Or merely a means by which to have Sultan informed so that there would be audience-suspense (ignore the promo that has been airing which makes it no suspense at allπŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ) about it likely being Sultan that Madhu would be dealing with in the darkened room one-sided confrontation later.

Madhu wondering about Radha, Dipali, Mangesh, Sikky - and finally in actual fear RK? Was yet another clunk point, and not even of possible-clunk variety like the landline phone.
As far as she knew, Radha and Dipali had gone to the farmhouse for a few days. She herself had just come after leaving RK.
There was no way she should have been shown even considering Radha, Dipali or RK being back at the residence.πŸ˜•
Guess it was just stuff to say to fill the moment.πŸ˜•πŸ˜Š

Really hope they don't sweep Madhu's reckless intent under the carpet enveloped in RK's self-blame.
They tried that earlier, with RK's apology at the wedding supposed to cover for Madhu's mass-disapproved Sultan-interactions. Really didn't work.
This time, hope they tackle it in one go with RK worried for Madhu and disapproving about the completely unbeneficial senselessness of her actions and intentions - because anyone else saying it to her will have no effect.
She's likely to react very badly if anyone else tells her that RK would have been better off actually dead than the kind of lasting public humiliation that he would face after being divorced by his wife while on trial for killing her alleged lover.
Only RK can hope to say it and at least hope to get through a bit, that she should know her safety and honour to be worth his life.
Because in this abominable track, would rather for both of Rishbala that RK have got killed than the kind of risk to her honour that Madhu was shown having absolutely no plan to forestall.
If she had killed herself after going to Sultan, he would have harmed RK anyway.
And if she was to kill Sultan, it would have been better to do it earlier rather than after leaving RK in a publicly humiliating manner.

Just want them to do it fairly this once. This track had RK and Madhu *both* leave their customary shrewdness and courage respectively aside at the outset so that this 'interesting' track could be stretched this far instead of being wrapped up in a few days.
Now RK has berated himself aloud for the idiocy (that the dratted track required of him). He's acknowledged and regretted it, and it's over with.
Please, can they do at least this much for Madhu's image in the mass-audience, and have her acknowledge the deplorable and inappreciable folly of her intent in not trying repeatedly to kill that man and just giving in?
Because if at any point he had said that he'd kill RK if she didn't consummate with him right away, what the heck was she supposed to do?
I'm no longer even hoping that Madhu will be the one to kill Sultan finally (would be delighted to be proven wrong), because that sort of fierce action seems to be reserved not for the female lead but for her mother.
But if they have Madhu behave in such an outrageously uncharacteristic manner, can they please also mend the impression created thereby by having her acknowledge her error promptly, rather than have it hang like a Damocles sword over her actions in the upcoming track? Please?
That's the only worry that comes to mind now in the current highly pleasant situation, with Rishbala restored, RK's intellect no longer missing, Madhu's courage hopefully soon to be back in full fierce measure, and Sultan on his way out of the story. It would be lovely if Dipali could exit as well.😊

Edited by leelaa9 - 10 years ago