Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Ethereal.Surbhi

KRK isnt funny at all rather wants some publicity. why this crap is even on industry?

1. Because he makes me laugh and happy.
2. Because he is gorgeous.

but wait...

how is he on industry? He released a movie that failed called deshdrohi ages ago and then appeared on big boss. After that he went back to his normal export business and just started to tweet. People clearly liked that cuz he has more than 100000 followers on twitter. His popularity made him realise: Why not entertain people through youtube? So he has a channel now...

I still don't see how he has anything to do with the industry? He's just a popular twitterari and 1 of billion that has a youtube channel.

By the way people are hypocrites...his review about chennai express has over 800 likes on youtube...and almost 100000 viewers...just because of all the SRK fans...all his other reviews are getting disliked 👎🏼
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Girish Johar @girishjohar

Some early numbers are in, seems a good jump on Sunday too for #MadrasCaf ... Wow...sheer power of content & WOM !!! #Earlytrends

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

Girish Johar @girishjohar

Some early numbers are in, seems a good jump on Sunday too for #MadrasCaf ... Wow...sheer power of content & WOM !!! #Earlytrends

😭 stop it! I just want my KRK to stay on twitter!😡
marauder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
At times when mediocrity is the new king one come across a cinema like Madras Cafe. And is simply left stunned. One of the most brilliant cinematic piece to come from bollywood. Take a bow John Abraham and Soojit Sircar for keeping my hope that all is not lost for Indian audience in this seas of mindless masala entertainers.
P.S - John Abraham may not be a great actor but he is definitely the best producer out there for backing unconventional projects. First Vicky donor and now Madras Cafe. Keep it up.
Edited by marauder - 10 years ago
MoodyFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Madras Cafe Has A Good Weekend

Monday 26th August 2013 10.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Madras Cafe showed a good trend over the weekend to collect around 20.25 crore nett. The opening itself was not too bad as audiences came at the good multiplexes and Saturday saw excellent growth and good growth on Sunday.

The film collected 5 crore nett on Friday, 6.75 crore nett on Saturday and 8.50 crore nett on Sunday. The film did well in Mumbai, Delhi/UP, East Punjab, West Bengal, Nizam and Mysore. Rajasthan was the disappointment as the circuit is now clearly the fourth biggest in India and does come on board for multiplex films but this was not the case for Madras Cafe. The business in Rajasthan was lower than all the above mentioned circuits.

The film was excellent in Delhi/UP and East Punjab while it did good business in Mumbai, West Bengal, Nizam and Mysore.

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What an unlikely champion of good cinema we have found in John Abraham! First Vicky Donor and now Madras Cafe! Whatever he might be as an actor, I think he has completely aced it as a producer!👏👏
Ritushree_Nadal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
so happy for dis film 
it surely deserves every bit of it really a wonderful film
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Madras Cafe Starts Well, Weekdays Hold The Key | Box Office

August 26th, 2013 by Joginder Tuteja

Prediction for Madras Cafe came true to the T. As expected, it was ordinary to begin with in the morning shows, got a push due to all around positive reviews and fabulous word of mouth, and then eventually had a good Friday. With multiplex audience giving the film a nod of approval (as was expected), the weekend saw healthy numbers added to the total, hence resulting in a weekend of around 20 crores. Now these are good numbers for the film and also the highest that a John Abraham solo starrer has ever taken.

John Abraham in Madras Cafe Movie Stills

The film has worked in ways more than one for all involved. First and foremost a new genre has opened up with Madras Cafe because realistic films with entertainment quotient like this have seldom been made in India. Secondly, with his third successive quality outing (after Yahaan and Vicky Donor), Shoojit Sircar has demonstrated that he is a director par excellence. Thirdly, after being in the industry for a decade, John Abraham has now earned added credibility as an actor and also a producer. All these factors have been acknowledged by industry as well as aam junta, the results of which were seen in collections.

The game is not yet won by the film though as weekday collections would decide where does the film eventually head. Satyagraha arrives in the coming weekend and would take away majority of screens. However Madras Cafe is the kind of film that deserves to stay around. Considering the fact that last yearVicky Donor and this year Aashiqui 2 had remained in theatres for weeks despite competition, one looks forward to the strategy that makers and exhibitors apply for Madras Cafe.

Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Boxofficedetail @boxofficedetail

Due to low screen size (1250-1300) #MadrasCafe needs 45+cr for Semi-hit, 55+ for Hit, 75+ for Super Hit and 100+ for Blockbuster

fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
saw mardas cafe!! i salute john for producing film which is diffrent from others film and i predicated 40-50 life time business for film before relase  and film is marching for that number 😉 ..now on film i felt it was diffrent but very very dry...film doesn;t has any emotional grip not even when john looses his wife or when he talks people who were repnsible for her death but he goes in shell and took retirement  after bomb blast😆 ..i have seen better political  and intellegence based films..which grips more emotionally and connects the audience ..there is no moment where u can connect with any character   ...film just goes like documentary with out any twists ...most em brassing scene was when john was rescued from lttf but they showed very little firing  bullets and force goes in and  rescued john .it was piece of cake for them😆😆...there were no enough up and downs to entertain audience ..so mardas cafe is a disappointment for me when i had high hopes on the raw  intelligence based movie      Edited by fire_gun - 10 years ago