Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

drishal thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ranbir almost reached the superstar tittle ... Shahid's PR should have compared him with the current new-comers ,not with ranbir
Ikon thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

Well I think shahid is far more talented and better looking than ranbir

Ranbir is jus overrated and audience goes to watch his film because he is a kapoor
I, not saying he is talented
But him being rishis son did a lot for him
Whereas shahid didn't have the same benefit
Shahid is pretty much self made in Bollywood

Tats not fare... Being Rishi kapoor son he got a great launch but his kapoor name dint save sawariya
He didn't became over night superstar, he worked slowly to top proving with each film...
And i think ranbir is the only actor from this generation who has amazing screen presence after srk
I mean after watching his films people talk about him not like Shahid who is forgettable...
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
err...

its not like I will say shahid will never comeback...maybe he will maybe he wont...who knows...time will tell...but comparing him with ranbir at this point of time is laughable...

ranbir isn't someone who gave 1 hit and bam is the next best thing since sliced bread...he didn't have a superhit launch like imraan or hrithik...but hes been consistent ever since he debuted...in terms of his selection of films, performance, critical acclaim, awards and popularity all of which kept improving at a steady pace...u could literally see his growth as a actor and a star from crap like saawariya and BAH to Barfi and YJHD...

I dunt see the santoshi film doing much good for shahid...all the promos and the songs look extremely blah and lukewarm...even if it becomes a hit, I doubt shahid will gain anything from it...

I only see prabhu deva's film if at all, which can bring him back coz prabhu resurrected salman and akshay in their low times by giving them wanted and RR...he might do the same for shahid who knows...having said which, salman and akki were actual Heroes who always had a mass fan following even if their films flopped...I dunt think shahid has any fan following in the masses...his best bet would be girls and some parts of youth...so I dunt know how prabhudeva's massy entertainer fits into his image...hes dosent have the charisma or physique to play the macho hero delivering punch dialogues and bashing baddies..

Edited by pathaka - 10 years ago
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Every actor has his own fate,& comparison is well accepted if done in a good manner,So I''d give a Thumps up to this article.

Ranbir is a good actor as some said as well,His choices of films & his acting did wonder for him,Even though Sawariya was flopped but he acted well there,had a character to play.So It's like flop films but strong character that he got to play & in Shahid case,that can't be said.
I don't believe JWM was out n out a Kareena film,yes,People who likes loud/bubbly character enjoyed her but Shahid made his presence felt there & that is what called screen-presence..

Fida,Vibha,Shikhar,Kaminey,Mausam are Shahid's best work so far,not talking about the collection but the acting..

Definitely Ranbir is way ahed of all the new comers of today n he rightly deserve the place he's in but he is not in "The Khan Khan" league yet,So he'll still face competition,be it Shahid or anyone else from the new faces.

Although new ones still have time to prove but it's not that Shahid didn't prove himself yet,he did but his few choices went wrong for him,,
The amount of potential he has,He can bounce back..2/3 right movies & yeah then Ranbir have to worry.

& who said Shahid hadno competition when he debuted..There was Zayed Khan (MHN fame),Vivek was doing quite well. but He shined..it was his bad luck that he got hurdle in his way but Time always change n we are no one to predict anyone's phase.
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sasha is looking so gorgeous..😳

I am loving the quotes from Box office editor - 

"He's one of the few top actors today who always has a buyer for his films, exhibitors want to show his films and all corporate production houses, producers, directors want to sign him."

and  from Taran - 

"you can't ignore the fact that Shahid knows his job. It's just a matter of one hit and everything will fall into place for him."

And loving the wide range of films in his kitty..

Raj Kumar Santoshi's Phata Poster Nikla Hero
Prabhudheva's Rambo Rajkumar
Vishal Bharadwaj's adaptation of Shakespeare's famous tragedy Hamlet
Tigmanshu Dhulia's Milan Talkies
Bejoy Nambiar's untitled next

Would like to know what is happening with the Bejoy's film...have been hearing about it from forever..πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Edited by vssaras - 10 years ago
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Okie so now we are blaming his so called 'bad luck' for all the flops but not his poor script sense and terrible hamming in some movies πŸ˜•
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: abby_girl30

Okie so now we are blaming his so called 'bad luck' for all the flops but not his poor script sense and terrible hamming in some movies πŸ˜•

Was it for me? Then indirect answers are never good,atleast I dislike them.. As for that.I think in exam too hard work & Luck both matter..it's a 50-50 deal & for these stars as well choice of films (Their acting as well) + Luck,both matter..

as for what I said,to avoid any confusion - here

":Sawariya was flopped but he(Ranbir) acted well there,had a character to play.So It's like flop films but strong character that he got to play & in Shahid case,that can't be said.

abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^yea you are right I should have quoted you and imposed my opinions on you

Well whatever floats your boat...but I feel his films flop cz of him and his fans nee to accept that. The blame game can be played non-stop bt in the end it was his decision to be part of a bad film
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thik hai people YJHD was borng , par itni insult to na karo bechaare ranbir ki

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BeShArAm

Thik hai people YJHD was borng , par itni insult to na karo bechaare ranbir ki

Jab kuch ho to insult kare na..πŸ˜›πŸ˜†