Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Thank you, Rose.

Now on Monday we will not only have Jodha winning - I am curious to see how Jalal reacts to  it in his heart of hearts - but also Jalal's  judgement on a woman with a little boy that sets Jodha off again in top accusatory mode.

That will be the next flare up between Jodha and Jalal. Their relationship is like a slowly climbing sine curve (or a wave). Now down, now up, and  the average rising at a steady if very slow pace.

They are obsessed with each other without realising it; Jalal is looking at the bathing beauty Ruqaiya (not much of a beauty at that, with those 2 chipmunk like front teeth!) and still talking only about Jodha, and Jodha  cannot concentrate even on her pooja, she has to be cribbing about Jalal. Lord Krishna should be really cheesed off with her!😉

But I would have liked to have your take on my question as to why Jodha is determined not to let Ruqaiya get the blank cheque from Jalal.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Thanks for the lovely analysis. 😊

It really helps understand the show better.

riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Loved ur post 👍🏼...

1. There was a discussion in some other place in regards of the look of Jodha when she was made known that the other lady is Salima. The look of puzzlement (tanthya), it could be a age difference that Jodha notice between Salima & jalal.

2. I myself did make a post on why did Jodha bother to worry what will ruqaiyya ask if she wins. But i think its ok to think that yes, her thinking that ruqaiyya could ask something that will make her life miserable is not at all wrong. Her encounter with ruqaiyya on asking her to keep jalal away from her, ruqaiyya did vice versa, she made jalal visited her n the bedroom counter attack did happen. So in a way ruqaiyya getting blank cheque from Jalal could turn out to be nighmare for Jodha.

3. As for the chess games, agree but Jodha has made her move. Now its ruqaiyya to make her move. I just hope cv does not do blunder by showing the next move is Jodha... Lets see how the checkmate is done...
Edited by riyya6 - 10 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you, my dear.

I agree about the second point, Riyaa, but not the first. It was not a look of puzzlement. on Jodha's face. Take a look at the episode again. It is a lost look, and it is held for an inordinate length of time, till Jodha realises that it was beginning to be embarrassing, and then she immediately smiles and does her pranam to her senior. I stand firmly by my explanation, which I am sure is the correct one..

You  are absolutely correct about the next move being up to Ruqaiya, but if so, Jodha can never win. I looked at the board, and Jodha's rook can take out Ruqaiya's King as thing stand now, but not if Ruqaiya makes another move.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: riyya6

Loved ur post 👍🏼...

1. There was a discussion in some other place in regards of the look of Jodha when she was made known that the other lady is Salima. The look of puzzlement (tanthya), it could be a age difference that Jodha notice between Salima & jalal.

2. I myself did make a post on why did Jodha bother to worry what will ruqaiyya ask if she wins. But i think its ok to think that yes, her thinking that ruqaiyya could ask something that will make her life miserable is not at all wrong. Her encounter with ruqaiyya on asking her to keep jalal away from her, ruqaiyya did vice versa, she made jalal visited her n the bedroom counter attack did happen. So in a way ruqaiyya getting blank cheque from Jalal could turn out to be nighmare for Jodha.

3. As for the chess games, agree but Jodha has made her move. Now its ruqaiyya to make her move. I just hope cv does not do blunder by showing the next move is Jodha... Lets see how the checkmate is done...

swtngl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Regarding the look on Jodha's face, it was more like "oh he has another wife." Jodha has never been formally introduced to all his wives. She knows her husband has lots and lots of wives, semi wives, and concubines. To come face to face with another one, it came as a shock and reality set in. This is my perception from my analysis of Jodhas character.

I was more concerned about why is Jalal seeing her as a dancer than her saying what is Ruq going to ask for. I watched the episode again. This is my take on this scene. First the dream scene, I thought it was weird that he is imagining her performing with other performers. Also even in his imagination they challenging each other.  The fact that this scene comes before the chess match, he is probably thinking "Let's see where your guroor is when you lose the chess game. I going to make you bow down to me" Jalal has the haughty look as he was watching her dance.  Right after the scene he looks to his left (where Ruq is) then to his right (where Jodha is) then he looks straight and smirks. 

The next move is Ruq's but she can't check mate Jodha's king. Jodha's king in on the right side of the queen. Jodha's king is well protect although is the surrounded on all four sides (three actually, the forth in the back end of the board). 

IlaTanwar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hii shayamala aunty

Instead, what she wants is to block Ruqaiya from getting that  one time blank cheque, so to  speak, from Jalal. Agar Ruqaiya jeet gayi, toh ne jaane who Shahenshah se kya mangegi!The unstated part is: Mujhe use rokna hoga, aur uske liye mujhe jeetna hoga!.

But what is it that Jodha does not want Ruqaiya to ask of Jalal if she wins, and then get it?  I cannot think of any thing that the generally detached Jodha would resent Ruqaiya getting. So is it that she has begun to resent Ruqaiya per se, and is making this excuse to herself to explain away this resentment? Because of  Ruqaiya's much tomtommed hold on Jalal? A teeny weeny stab of the green-eyed monster- good old jealousy?

answer to this anxiety when jodha said what she will ask from shenshah is that when she collided with begum ruquiya. begum ruqaiya has vowed her to make a ghulam of his ghulam and make wear that necklace that was given on the muh dikhaayi by rukaiya... to insult her(Jodha) so jodha was thinking of that may be...

sashashyam thumbnail
Maybe, Ila, I had never thought of that!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: ila_tanwar

hii shayamala aunty

Instead, what she wants is to block Ruqaiya from getting that  one time blank cheque, so to  speak, from Jalal. Agar Ruqaiya jeet gayi, toh ne jaane who Shahenshah se kya mangegi!The unstated part is: Mujhe use rokna hoga, aur uske liye mujhe jeetna hoga!.

But what is it that Jodha does not want Ruqaiya to ask of Jalal if she wins, and then get it?  I cannot think of any thing that the generally detached Jodha would resent Ruqaiya getting. So is it that she has begun to resent Ruqaiya per se, and is making this excuse to herself to explain away this resentment? Because of  Ruqaiya's much tomtommed hold on Jalal? A teeny weeny stab of the green-eyed monster- good old jealousy?

answer to this anxiety when jodha said what she will ask from shenshah is that when she collided with begum ruquiya. begum ruqaiya has vowed her to make a ghulam of his ghulam and make wear that necklace that was given on the muh dikhaayi by rukaiya... to insult her(Jodha) so jodha was thinking of that may be...