||Junior Masterchef India-Article Archive||

Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome To The Article Archive Section Of Juniour Masterchef India Forum

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Please Refrain From Posting Any Comments 

Regards,Manan
Edited by Proud-India - 10 years ago

Chef Vikas Khanna makes his dancing debut!

The Handsome Chef Vikas Khanna who has charmed most of the women of the country will soon be seen shaking-a-leg on television.

The chef who will soon be seen on Junior MasterChef made his Dancing Debut at the STAR Parivaar Awards. Vikas who is known to have two left feet was very excited to be performing at the 11th STAR Parivaar Award. Vikas who didn't have much time to rehearse for his act was often seen rehearsing with the Naksh aka Shivansh. Shivansh who is a very good dancer taught Vikas various step that he had forgotten and also helped him practice before the main performance.

When contacted Vikas he said, "I have had a great time at the award function. Usually I would sit and watch the performances but first time I was part of the actual act. I did a small performance in the opening act. It was very exciting and I have had a great time doing it. I hope all the viewers enjoy my performance. My whole family is looking forward to watch it on TV. I would also like to appeal to my fans to forgive me if they like my dance"

Catch Vikas Khanna make his debut performance at 11th STAR Parivaar Awards on 13th July at 8 pm only on STAR Plus!

Edited by Proud-India - 10 years ago

Chef Become Kids on Junior Masterchef!

Chefs enjoy playing with children on 'Junior Masterchef.' Meanwhile chef Ripu Daman Handa also joins the team of 'Junior Masterchef'. Read on to know more…

It seems the judges of STAR Plus' brand new show' Junior Masterchef Swaad ke Ustaad' are having a ball of a time while shooting with the contestants. Chef Vikas Khanna, Chef Kunal Kapur and Chef Soorajan Sing Jolly who are the judges on the show have often been caught playing on the sets of the show.

While the judges are surprised, with talent that these young chefs are showcasing, the unit is also shocked how the chefs are often caught playing on the show. Yes you read it right; since the set has various children friendly toys and props, very often the chefs are caught playing with them.

When contacted Chef Kunal Kapur he confirmed the news and said, "We all had last played with these toys when we were kids and now we have again got access to them on this set. It has totally taken me back to my childhood and has again awakened the kid in me!"

Also to add on, during the auditions of 'Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad' most of the contestants requested to meet Masterchef Season 3 winner Ripu Handa. In fact there was one such contestant who refused to give audition until the Chef makes her speak to Ripu.

This is not all when the judges asked the contestants who was their inspiration most of the children took Chef Ripu Daman Handa's name.

It seems the winner of MasterChef Season 3, Ripu Handa has already got a huge fan following not only amongst youngsters but also within children.

When quizzed Ripu on this, he said, "It was really an overwhelming experience to get a call from a fan and that too my youngest. I am really lucky and now feel responsible that so many people look up to me. Masterchef has made me a celebrity overnight and now I am looking forward to see this talented bunch create a food fiesta."

Watch out for 'Junior Masterchef Swaad ke Ustaad' on Star Plus at 9pm on 17 August 2013.

Now its time for 'Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad'

It's time for the kids to take over the kitchen!

Master Chef, a brand in culinary talent, has been an inspiring platform for so many passionate and driven adults in the country. And now hot on the heels of three successful seasons of Master Chef India comes the first ever season that tests the skills of young minds with Amul presents Junior Master Chef - Swaad Ke Ustaad. This will be the first time on Indian television that children will be seen in the kitchen and entering a territory assumed to be owned by adults. Armored with the spatula, pans and aprons these children can probably cook better than many of us. Catch them amaze you with their food play of fancy gourmet dishes, exotic desserts, rich Indian food and unlimited entertainment on Junior Master Chef starting August 17th every Saturday and Sunday at 9.00 pm only on STAR Plus.

So far you've seen young talent sing, dance and act but Junior Master Chef is the first to have extended the platform to kids, giving them an opportunity to showcase their innate cooking talent. In fact, the notorious bunch participating are nothing short of little culinary marvels and kitchen prodigies. These stars will churn out dishes with flamboyance; their plates will be a work of art and their knowledge no less than a food scientist. As they walk in from different cultures, food habits and walks of life… viewers will witness a perfect amalgamation of great food stirred up with a riot of laughter and fun.

Talking about the show, Nikhil Madhok, Sr. Vice President - Marketing, STAR Plus India said, "STAR Plus has always been true to its philosophy – Rishta Wohi Soch Nayi. With Junior MasterChef, this ideology is exemplified. We are giving young cooking enthusiasts a reality show platform but in a whole new avatar. For the first time, kids will be challenged in a cooking competition and seen entering a territory that was once meant only for adults. You will be amazed with their talent and knowledge on the subject. With this set of young champs stepping out of the playground to take over the kitchen you can only expect the unexpected!

Being produced by Colosceum Media Pvt Ltd., the children will belong in the age group of 8 to 12 years, other than that the format of the show will remain same as MasterChef India – nothing will be made easier! Chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly will be the celebrity judges on the show, and they will expect nothing less than perfect, well-executed and delicious dishes. So who said kids can't cook? These little chefs are going to create nothing less than a storm in the MasterChef Kitchen! Expect lots of new energy, innocent battles and be prepared to see some spectacularly stunning skills on display by these tiny tots.

Breaking the conventional path of vocational driven education, STAR Plus provides this opportunity to the small wonders to shine and amaze the world with their culinary skills and possibly drive their passion into a rewarding career. While Amul is the presenting sponsor for the show, Fiona, Pigeon and Yippee Noodles are associate sponsors.

Get ready for the ultimate cook off starting August 17th as the nanhe pataake battle it out to impress judges and the audiences with their enthusiasm and culinary potential, every Saturday and Sunday at 9.00 pm only on STAR Plus!

Nostalgia time for judges of Junior Masterchef

The kids on the show reminded the three judges of the time that they too were kids!

At the launch of Amul presents Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad on Star Plus, the three judges were at their nostalgic best. The series this season which will see children entering the territory assumed to be for adults has Chef Vikas Khanna, Chef Kunal Kapoor and Chef Surjan Singh Jolly as the celebrity judges on the show.

While the show will see junior participants in the age category of 8 to 12 years, the three judges themselves remembered that they had their first brush with cooking when they were very much into their teens.

"For me, it was a lesson from my dad," says Chef Kunal Kapoor, "My dad would cook every weekend and make me sit and stir the pot while he would add the spices and other ingredients. So I got my first training through him as he told me about which spice and masala would go into the dish and how it would enhance the flavor. Then when I think I was 15-16 years old I made tea on my own and that was my first cooking experience."

Chef Surjan Singh Jolly went into a flashback mode as he answered this query, "I remember the first dish that I cooked was kheer and I was almost 16 years old then. Now when I look at these kids I am amazed as they are all in the 8 to 12 year old category and I am stunned when I see them baking and cooking lovely dishes. I learned all this only when I joined a professional course so I must say that they are more ready and confident then what I was at their age."

For Chef Vikas Khanna, it was the all-time difficult roti that he remembers making for the first time, "My dadi had taken me to the Golden temple and there I first attempted to make rotis which was a difficult proposition then and still is for me."

All the three chefs are highly impressed with the talent that the kids participating in the show possess and think that it will be an inspiring platform for these little minds.

Kids to battle it out in 'Junior MasterChef'

Upcoming cooking show 'Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad' allows young children to flaunt their culinary skills on the small screen

New Delhi: After adults, little ones will flaunt their culinary skills on the small screen. 'Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad' will showcase how children put their cookery talent to use.

The first season of the show, to be aired on Star Plus starting from Aug 17, will present children aged 8-12 years armoured with aprons, pans and other utensils often seen in kitchens.

"We are giving young cooking enthusiasts a reality show platform, but in a whole new avatar. For the first time, kids will be challenged in a cooking competition and seen entering a territory that was once meant only for adults," Nikhil Madhok, senior vice president (marketing), Star Plus India, said in a statement.

The show, produced by Colosceum Media Pvt Ltd, will be judged by Chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly.

Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad News Details

This year you are going to witness the cutest, most adorable kids complete against each other for the title of Junior MasterChef. Kids from all over India auditioned for the show. It will surely be a pleasure to watch these little ones display their skills! They are proof of big talent coming in small packages.

Three accomplished judges are going to judge and have lots of fun with these little ones. You sure are in for a fun ride. Chef Kunal Kapoor, Chef Vikas Khanna and Chef Jolly Singh are all set to have a ball of a time with these chote ustaads.

So aren't you excited for this show? To catch a thoroughly entertaining program and watch the cutest set of kids cook make sure you watch Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad, every Saturday and Sunday at 9PM, starting 17th August only on STAR Plus

The press conference for Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad was held recently. What a fun filled affair it was!

The tone of the evening was an extremely fun one! With lots of laughter, games and cute child participants. The participants ramp walked for us, armed with their favourite utensils or dish. Our highly skilled judges, were locked in a room little impostor judges. Not for long thought, they were soon released and the festivities began.

There was even a cook off competition between the kids and adults. The talented kids won of course, proving that if given the chance could certainly give adults a run for their money. Kid friendly goodies were given out at the end of the press conference. The kids were all smiles thanks to a fun evening and the cutest set of goodies ever!

Junior Master Chef Swaad Ke Ustaad starts form the 17th of August, every Saturday and Sunday at 9PM be sure to tune in, only on your favourite channel STAR Plus.

Let's put our hands together for Junior MasterChef Swaad ke Ustaad, which will be judged by our elite panel of judges, namely, Chef Vikas Khanna, Chef Kunal Kapoor and Chef Jolly.

Chef Vikas Khanna
The winner of two Michelin Star Awards, Junior MasterChef could not have asked for a better judge! Vikas Khanna will be seen sharing his experience on being one of the well renowned and enterprising chefs in the world with our amateur cooks in India. Brought up in Amritsar, Chef Vikas Khanna was inspired by his grandmother's culinary skills; it was with her that he began his lifelong apprenticeship in learning the intricacies of Indian cuisine.

Chef Kunal Kapoor
The man widely known as 'Next Big Guy in Kebabs & Curries in India', Kunal Kapoor, will be adding new flavours to the first season of Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad. The proud winner of a silver medal at Aahar and a bronze medal in HORECA, Kuwait, Kunal added yet another feather in his chef cap by winning "Sir Edmund Hillary fellowship" for doing exceptional work in field of food. Now really, doesn't it just get better?

Chef Jolly
Surjan Singh Jolly, fondly known as Chef Jolly, is the Executive Chef at JW Marriott Bengaluru. Chef Jolly is a proud recipient of the prestigious Global Marriott Hotels & Resorts 'Chef of the Year Award for Culinary Excellence'. Said to be some one who is entertaining and inspiring, the kids are going to be a roll.

Don't you agree that we just can't ask for more than this? To get to know our judges better, stay tuned to Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad, which starts from 17th August, Saturday-Sunday 9PM onwards only on STAR Plus.

Safety measures in place for 'Junior MasterChef...'

The makers of the first season of "Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad" are trying their best to keep the participants safe by issuing a safety guide for crew.

The makers of the first season of "Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad"on Star Plus are trying their best to keep the participants safe by issuing a safety guide for crew.

A big signboard has been erected at the entrance of the sets that lists the instructions and rules for the crew.

If the crew members are not allowed to smoke in the premises, they are also barred from shouting at the children even if they misbehave. Their parents will be informed about this, a statement said.

Using profane language is also prohibited.

A special unit of contestant managers will have the authority to handle the participants other than their parents. No one else from the team of the show, produced by Colosceum Media Pvt Ltd, is allowed to interact with children directly.

The show, judged by Chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly, will be aired on Star Plus from Aug 17.