Arakshi - Don't Give Up On Me - (Epilogue - Pg 36)

amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Don't Give Up On Me - Index

Chapter I: It's Painful

As the red dot traced his body upward, she started to tremble. She swore to not interfere in his life after his outburst because every time his face came in her view the only words rang in her ears were "You disgust me Sakshi Anand." Even though she had no bad intentions behind what she did, she still felt ashamed and hurt. Ashamed because she lied and hurt because he was too heartless to understand her. Yes, she gave up on him. She was tired, tired of smiling for him, tired of waiting for him and it was time for her to shut off her feelings. She promised all that to herself but nothing mattered when she saw that laser dot. She forgot all the promises she made to herself. The only thing that mattered to her was his safety. The only thing mattered to her at that moment was... him. Her hand flew to her mouth to muffle her cry as tears rolled down her face.

Before anything could happen or anyone could register what was happening, Sakshi skipped in front of him and right at that second a bullet pierced her back. They all froze for that one dreaded second. Aisha was the first to run towards her. Arjun was still frozen where he was. Sakshi fell forward on his shoulder. She wouldn't dare to do something like that, would she? He was still in denial. All the voices around him skipped pass him. He just stared at the figure leaning on him, breathing shallowly. His arm slowly went around her back and when he touched the thick liquid. He stared at his hand, the blood brought him out of trance.

"Sakshi." He whispered.

She slowly averted her gaze towards his face. Even slight moment felt like her bones were being crushed over and over. Her right hand slowly went up to his cheek. She touched his cheek and gave him weak smile. He was on his knees now and she was in his arms.

"You are alright." She said in cracked voice as relief washed over her face.

Arjun didn't know what the hell he was supposed to do, or what he was supposed to feel and the worst of all he didn't know what the heck he was supposed to say to her? He just stared at her weak smile and there was nothing in his eyes because he was still shell-shocked.

"I swear this time it's real because it hurts." She chuckled. "Ouch!"

She winced as her body moved slightly. She closed her eyes in pain. She heard everyone gasp and screaming at her. She smiled. In such a short time she was surrounded by people who were sincere and loved her. She couldn't ask for anything else.

"SAKSHI." She heard him growl.

She slowly opened her eyes, by each second she was losing the strength along with the blood.

"Spare me today, Don't start yelling, I am hurt." She said jokingly, but she was shocked because of what she saw.

His eyes were red and filled with... care. No, she must be seeing things, she thought. She tried to shake away the image from her mind, but it wouldn't go away because it was real.

"Arjun." She said with all the strength she had left. "Don't regret or feel guilty, Okay? I did it for myself. I did it because I wanted to. Just remember me as a happy memory. Whenever I cross your mind, please smile. It is the favor I want from you. I wanted to give up on you, but look what happened I ended up giving up on myself."

"No you are not giving up on anything." He said firmly.

When the bullet hit Sakshi's back, Rathod couldn't put his mind straight. First Roshini, then Riya and now Sakshi. I won't let them win this time. He thought and ran towards Sakshi and Arjun. Sakshi had become the darling of ETF. Her light behavior and bubbly personality would dim down the intense environment. Sakshi cared for everyone. She kept track of what they ate to what time they are supposed to be home... to the point that no one was able to live without calling Sakshi's name at least ten times a day.

"She is losing too much blood." Aisha said as her hand was pressed against Sakshi's wound. "If we stay a little longer, we can lose her."

"No, we won't." Rathod said as he screamed. "I won't let it."

"Let's go." Shree said.

As if on cue, Arjun picked her up and ran towards their van. Rathod jumped in behind the wheel with Aisha in passenger seat while others went in the other van. Arjun kept on reminding Sakshi to not close her eyes.

"I can't do it anymore." She whispered and it was barely audible. "I want to sleep, it's painful."

"God damn Sakshi you can't do this to me." He held her close.

"I have to go Arjun." She replied. She gave light squeeze to his hand which she held through out this painful ride.

"If you close your eyes, I will never forgive you Sakshi Anand." He warned her and she stared at him. She was losing it, but before she could lose her senses she wanted to say it, she wanted to tell him. She was about to leave his hand but he wouldn't let it go.

"I Lov-" but before she could finish her words, her body started the process of shutting off.

"SAKSHI ANAND." 

Part II - Pg 2

Edited by Sara_Joong - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ketakee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing...
really amazing...👏
Just perfect...👏
Ohh...my dear Sakshi in trouble...Arjun will save her for sure...😃
Just loved it...😃
Please continue...😊

Edited by Ketakee - 10 years ago
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Great...
Continue soon!!
redheart thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMGGG!!!!!!!
awesome start
pls do continue
pm me wen u update
NSohi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my God it's mindblowing and Plz-2 Sakhshi ko kuchh matt hone dena ... Plz-2 save her for Arjun sake ... Continue it soon and Plz pm me :)
Sakuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome!! Loved it, just don't kill Sakshi please :(
amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter II: He Cared

He sat there in front of the ER as he covered his face with his hands. He had been sitting there for four hours. What the hell is taking them so long? He screamed in his head. His mind wouldn't let him be at peace. He hated hospitals to the core because this was the place where he had to let go of the people who mattered to him. But since when did Sakshi Anand started to matter to me? All these questions occupied his mind. He hated her guts when she joined ETF. He was irritated from her existence. For a second he looked up and his eyes fell on Liza, Shree and Chotu. They were all sitting there comforting each other. He looked the other way and Sameer was sitting along with Aisha as they talked about the event purposely avoiding the outcome of the operation going on in ER. Arjun thought about himself. How did he end up so lonely?

He had no one to lean on. He was finally realizing and feeling all the things he had been running away from all these years. His facade that he built through these years of a heartless cop was falling apart. Even though he was still in denial that he needed anyone, he knew that he was at breaking point. It didn't matter whether it was guilt or feelings that were about to break him, but he was at the point where everything boiled inside him was about to come out, all the anger, guilt, sadness... and feelings of care. He cared, but he had built such a thick wall around him that no one was able to see it. He cared for everyone. He wanted to reconcile with Rathod, but he was scared of everything getting ruined again. He was scared that Sikandar was going to kill everyone around him if he started to show that he cared for people around him.

He got up and walked out of there. He stood up against the railing on the roof. He stared at the city and felt loner than ever. If anything happened to Sakshi, He wouldn't be able to forgive himself. Why did she do it? He wanted to scream out, but he wasn't able to. She wasn't supposed to do it. Didn't he tell her earlier that he was not going to die until he put his enemies to death, but like always Sakshi didn't listen to him. The words didn't go through her thick head. He hated her because she was always right and she opened his old wounds. She always made him think that whatever happened was not his fault. It could have been anyone, but unluckily it was Roshini. He wanted to believe or at least... now he wants to.

A Styrofoam cup appeared in front of him. He turned around and Rathod was standing there staring at the infinite lights of the city. Arjun took the cup and sipped the tea. It reminded him of Sakshi when she had that thermos with her in taxi. Sakshi. He sighed and just closed his eyes.

"Thanks." He whispered.

"Don't think that I forgave you." Rathod barked at him. "Everything happened because of you, even today too."

"I know." Arjun replied painfully.

Both of them stayed there for another while. Another memory crossed his mind standing there with Rathod. He remembered how they became friends over a cup of chai. He held the railing with force and just wanted to throw that pain away but it wouldn't go away.

"If anything happens to her-" Rathod warned him but Arjun cut him off.

"NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO HER." He stared right in to Rathod's eyes.

Arjun left Rathod standing there. Arjun came back to the hallway and the light above the door was still red. He just went and stood by the window which over looked the garden of hospital. His eyes caught his reflection on the window. The stains of blood from Sakshi's hand were still on his cheek. He slowly traced the dried blood stains. Why Sakshi, Why?

Aisha had never seen Rathod this broken. Aisha herself had been attached to Sakshi so much. Sakshi had brought out the hidden girl in Aisha or else Aisha thought about nothing but cases that were pending on their desk. Sakshi was a ray of hope for all of them and even for Arjun whether he accepted or not. Aisha looked towards Arjun as he stared at his reflection in the window. She slightly smiled as she noticed that he was finally slightly accepting the fact that Sakshi had at least some part in his life, but her smile fell. Why the cost of realization was Sakshi's life? Rathod came back and sat next to her. She turned towards him and he was just sitting there with blank face.

"I don't know what to do?" He said flatly.

Aisha was hesitant but she said it anyway. "You should be there for him. He needs you."

Rathod just stared at her with confused face.

"Look at him." She said and Rathod looked at Arjun. "He is starting to feel... again."

Part III : Pg 3

Thanks for reading it and for the overwhelming response.🤗 

Edited by Sara_Joong - 10 years ago
Ketakee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow...very nice...👏
So much emotional...
Hope Sakshi will be fine...😊
such a nice writer u r...
👍🏼
Sakuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update!! Hope Sakshi will be fine, glad to see a change in Arjun :)
NSohi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Oh wow second part so early that's really sweet of u dear ... Thank you so very much dear... I can't see Arjun in that pain yaar ... He is so broken inside ... Aww he us so confused also ke why Sakhshi done that ... And I love his confidence and trust when he said to Rathod ke kuchh nahi hoga usse ... Aysha is sweet coz he told Sameer to go to Arjun ... Thanks for this wonderful update dear and for pm also ... Stay blessed :)