Arakshi SS: Chance By Kismat - Part 3

VindhyaMounika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Arakshi SS: Chance By Kismat Prologue, Part 1 and 2

Part 3:

Arjun kneeled before lifeless Sakshi, who didn’t even blink from past 5minutes. She is oblivious of his presence. She is seeing through him into darkness. Her glowing face is pale. Arjun sat numb. Sakshi he knew was dead long back. Bhanu, Sameer and Aisha stood still. They were waiting for the right moment to convey the unfortunate things happened in his absence. Arjun’s pain stricken face, angry sad and disappointed eyes turned towards the trio standing behind. He looked back at Sakshi. He clenched jaws and sprinted from there. He couldn’t see her like that. He couldn’t stay there. He didn’t even look at Bhanu before leaving.  

Arjun’s Home:

Arjun left to his room as he entered followed by Sameer and Aisha. Aisha looked at her mother, and Bhumi understood the situation. She decided to give him space and time to Sameer and Aisha to explain the past. 

Arjun is fuming in anger and confused about what he saw. He remembered Sakshi’s laughing face, living every moment. He clenched his fist remembering her pale lifeless face and remembering Rajeev’s words. 

Sameer – Arjun

Sameer called in low tone. Arjun turned. 

Arjun – Kya hua tha? Mujhe koi kuch kyun nahi bata rahe hai?

Aisha – Pehle tum baeto. Hum sab kuch batayenge. 

Aisha made him sit. She and Sameer sat infront of him. 

Aisha looked at Sameer sighing him to tell Arjun everything. 

Sameer – After you left, Sakshi searched for you in the venue. You left without saying bye. She was disappointed, but composed herself to live every moment of her big day. She became busy in her married life, with rituals and meeting new people. After a month, when everything settled, she called us to chat. We spoke about things and she asked your contact number. At the same time, Rajeev entered. He became angry that she is not attentive when he came and busy on call knowing we are listening. She rebuked her for not caring. Sakshi quickly composed and said, he is possessive and wants all her attention to him. She smiled and said will call again. 

Sameer took a breather. Aisha continued. 

Aisha – We met her in café one day. I saw her at the billing. I went and hugged her. Asked her the reason for not being in touch. She smiled and brushed saying, she was busy. She enquired about us, but her words were dull and face was sad. She forced happiness. I sensed she was tensed and I tried to ask her the same. But she denied. She promised to meet again. I came back to Saanvi. But I saw Rajeev being angry to her and she sitting in silence. He held her hand tight causing her pain. I tried to run, but seeing me come, she begged Rajeev to leave from there. 

Arjun was shocked and angry. 

Sameer – When Aisha told me this, we tried reaching her. But she was not available, we tried to meet her at home, but they were not there. So, as a last resort, we spoke to Bhanu aunty. She said, ‘Pati patni ke beech choti moti cheesein hoti hai. She is happy. Tum log tension matt lo. Woh log abhi Rajeev ki business trip ke liye London gaye hai. Wapass aate he call karne bolungi’ 

Arjun – Sakshi London aayi thi?

Aisha – Ha Arjun. Waha kya hua nahi pata humein. Wapass aane ke baad call bhi nahi kiya. 6 mahine baad usne contact kiya. Bola ki, woh divorce lena chahti hai, uss ke liye ek accha lawyer chahiye. 

Arjun – Mujhe kyun nahi bataya? Tum log bhi?

Arjun looked at Sameer and Aisha.

Flashback: Court:

Sakshi, Sakshi’s parents, Sameer and Aisha are standing outside waiting for their turn. Their hearing is talking time. Although, she requested mutual divorce, not making domestic violence case on Rajeev, he decided to take this to court. Trying to prove himself a victim in this scenario. 

Sakshi went to check whether her lawyer reached or not. Coming back, Rajeev stopped her. 

Rajeev – Tu divorce file kar ke meri ghar ke izzat utaregi? Abhi dekh mein kya karta hoon. Teri har rishto ko itna taqleef pahunchaunga. Har koi royega teri wajah se. Aur woh tumhara kaas  dost, uska zindagi barbaad kardunga. Woh bhaaga bhaaga ayega yaha aur kabhi wapass nahi jayega. 

Sakshi stared at him with overwhelming tears and shivering body. She slowly walked from there towards her supporting family and friends. Her lawyer joined too. She is traumatized at his words and got scared to bones. 

As promised, Rajeev along with lawyer tarnished Sakshi’s character infront of everyone. Sakshi’s lawyer defended in every capacity, but couldn’t protect her. Domestic violence against him was not proved. Sakshi failed before his money, power and politics. 

Arjun walked to window stood their facing outside controlling his tears. 

Sameer – Woh tumhe protect kar rahi thi? Uske wajah se tumhara life disturb na ho, uss Rajeev se door rakh rahi thi. Hum ne bahot samjhaya, par usne nahi suna. Hum tumhe batana chahte, par uss ne bolne diya. 

Aisha walked to Arjun placed her hand on his shoulder. 

Aisha - Uss din jab Sakshi wapass aarahe the, kuch log aaye Sakshi se bahot badtameezi kiya. Ulta seeda bole. Sakshi ko beech sadak mein bahot kuch sehna pada. Woh bahot ladi. Par jab tak police aaye, tab tak toh Sakshi toot gayi thi. Uss din se abhi tak kuch nahi boli. 

Sameer – Medicines and treatments kuch kaam nahi aarahe. Aunty uncle bhi tak gaye.

Silence filled the room.

Arjun (Sternly) – Tum logon ko mujhe batana chahiye tha. Kitne calls kiya mein ne? Usko, tum logon ko. Sabne jhoot bola mujhse. Mein sirf door rehne gaya tha, par tum logon ne mujhe dur kar diya. 

Arjun walked away from there. 

He stood in the balcony, contemplating what to do. Bhumi came and stood beside him. 

Bhumi – Arjun tu kya soch raha hai?

Arjun – Mujhe kisi ne kuch nahi bataya. Mein kuch nahi kar paya? Sak.. (he gulped) Sakshi ko aise dekh nahi sakta. Mein wapass nahi ja paunga. Kya kar sakta hoon main abhi?

Bhumi – Jo hua, woh hum badal nahi sakte. Log jo kar sakte hai woh kiya. Tabb tum nahi te, par abb tum ho yaha. Past ke bare mein soch ke aaj barbaad karoge ya aaj kuch kar ke kal badloge tumhare upar hai. 

Bhumi patted on his fist and left from there. 

Arjun stared at night sky remembering time with her. 

Flashback: College:

Arjun came back winning inter college debate competition. College applauded him and Dean appreciated him for the cup. After the small assembly, Arjun ran to his group. Sakshi stood smiling along with other friends of her. 

Friend – Congratulations. Ek aur victory. Kya baat hai? Streak chalu hai.

Arjun – Arjun hoon. Jeet ke he wapass ana tha. 

Arjun’s face lit up with a glee. 

Sakshi – Humesha kudke tariff. Tu na bewakoof hai. 

Arjun – Winner se bewakoof. 

They bantered and spent some time with friends. 

Arjun – Bhook lagi hai, canteen chale. 

Sakshi’s smile slowly faded. She composed. 

Sakshi – Tu college ka star hai. Hum nahi. Humein classes jana hai. 

Arjun – Mere bhook se zyada tumhe classes important hai?

Sakshi pulled out box from her bag. 

Sakshi – Nautanki. Tu araha hai. Iisi liye aloo paratha leke aayi. Ye kha, chup chaap class chal. 

Classroom:

Sakshi sat in a group clearing doubts to some students. Arjun sat with other friends on his bench. 

Arjun – Aaj class itna shant kaise? Kamina batch nahi aaya?

Arjun’s Friend – Sakshi ne nahi bataya? Uss din unn logon ne Sakshi ko canteen mein tease kiya. Sab ke samne badtameezi ki. Sakshi jaake dean ko complaint kari toh, unn logon ko 10 din ke liye suspend kiya. 

Arjun fumed. Sakshi who heard everything ran behind him. 

Sakshi – Arjun tum kaha jarahe ho?

Arjun pushed Sakshi’s hand aside. 

Arjun – How dare they? Chodunga nahi. And you. Why didn’t you tell me?

Sakshi pulled him down on bench, made him sit. 

Sakshi – I am not damsel in distress. I took care of myself and can take care of myself. Dean suspended him and his friends. It is over.

Arjun still angry stared at her. Sakshi sat beside him and in calm words. 

Sakshi – Arjun, har baar gussa se sochenge toh baat badegi. Har cheese ka tareeqa hota hai. They got punished and I am fine too. 

Arjun – You are fine? Isi liye canteen nahi aa rahi thi?

Sakshi – Arjun, kuch cheeson ke liye waqt lagta hai. It will take few days, I will be fine. 

Sakshi smiled and Arjun calmed down. 

Arjun – So, tumhe meri zaroorat nahi hai?

Sakshi – Aisa nahi hai Arjun. Mujhe ladne ki himat tumse milti hai. Mujhe pata hai, jab kuch hoga, tum log ho mere saath hai, isi liye mein sambal lungi. Agar main ladte ladte tak jaungi tum ho na? Tum sambal lena. 

Present:

Arjun – Abb meri baari hai. Main hoon Sakshi. Abb mein sambal lunga. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

Welcome back. Hoping to read more of the stories.