Meet the 16-year-old 'Issaq' heroine, Amyra Dastur

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Meet the 16-year-old 'Issaq' heroine, Amyra Dastur

Newbie Amyra Dastur makes her dream debut in 'Issaq'!

AMYRA DASTUR OF 'ISSAQ'

She is the newest to enter Bollywood! Just of 16, the Parsi girl Amyra Dastur makes her dream debut in the love story Issaq, opposite Prateik Babbar. 

Gifted with dainty looks and a lean frame, Amyra plays pretty girl-next-door in Issaq -- a movie adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet. The makers were sure that they wanted someone who is very young and looks innocent, and at the same time can carry off the rustic look of a Banarasi girl, as the movie is set in Varanasi. So, how did they find Amyra? 

It's learnt that the makers carried out a nationwide hunt to choose the actress, and the starlet got selected from over 200 girls. Manish Tiwary, the film's director, says luckily he found Amyra in Mumbai. 

According to the director, Amyra's headstrong nature helped her get the role. "Amyra's headstrong nature, which is part of Juliet's persona, worked in her favour. Also, we wanted someone very young since Shakespeare's Juliet was only 14," Manish is quoted as saying. 

Pursuing her Bollywood dreams, Amyra had given auditions earlier too, but she couldn't lap up a big project. She wasn't very hopeful for Issaq, but this time luck favoured her, and she got selected. To get into the skin of her character, named Bachchi Kashyap, she even attended an acting workshop. 

Director Manish Tiwari had intentionally kept the identity of Amyra Dastur under wraps, but not anymore. Here's the new girl from Issaq:

FRESH LIKE A LILY!

Amyra Dastur's innocent looks and headstrong nature helped her bag the film.

CHEMISTRY IS IMPORTANT

Since the film is an adaptation of 'Romeo And Juliet', the chemistry between the two is very important. "After a lot of search we found the right girl. We were looking for somebody who is very young and innocent and at the same time can carry off the rustic look of a Banarasi girl," Tiwary said in a statement.

ISSAQ

Produced by Shailesh R Singh and Dhaval Gada, the film is the desi adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet. Amyra plays a Banarasi girl in the movie.

ROMANCING PRATEIK BABBAR

She is romancing Prateik Babbar in the film.

AMYRA ON RAMP

Amyra dazzles on the ramp during an event.

BACHCHI KASHYAP

She essays the role of Bachchi Kashyap in Issaq.

LUCKY GIRL!

Amyra had given auditions earlier too, but she couldn't lap up a big project. Then 'Issaq' happened, and there was no looking back for the actress.

Source: http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/slide_show/sid100015565-meet_the_16yearold_issaq_heroine_amyra_dastur/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
16 yrs mein adultry khullam khulla!!!😆 Jokes apart she dont look 16 to me from any angle she looks much more older!
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
shes only 16??? well i guess it suits the role and shes really pretty. this movie looks really good from the trailer. 

i heard her name is actually amy but they didnt want people to mix her up with amy jackson so they changed it to amyra.
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
she looks really cute and beautiful in the Issaq tera song .
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very pretty girl as long as she hides her ears. Doesn't look like 16,looks more like she is in her early to mid 20s.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
She's pretty but does not look 16 at all. But I don't like that guy she's paired up with
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She is gorgeous to me. There is something charming about her.
Persephone_Pri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She is really vry pretty...there is something vry endearing abt her. But no way she's just 16...I think she won some clean n clear face contest couple of years back n hv come in their ads along side with Nautanki sala's actress...sorry dnt knw her name ðŸ˜³ 
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh also she looks alot like the pre-face ruining anuskha. look at the last pic, it looks like anushkas old smile ðŸ˜”
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
In some pics she looks like Jackie fernandez ðŸ˜› and certainly doesn't look like a 16 year old.. might be in her late teens or early 20's..