Salman = "Old wine in a new bottle"

Posted: 10 years ago
OK, what has happened to this guy. I used to be a vocal appreciator of Salman last season, which was my very first JDJ season. So far this season, he seems very stagnant, his visions aren't up to his mark. Last season especially first couple of his performances made me go Woahhh. But after he went down the hill. So this season, it seems like he has started off from where he left off, from his stagnancy phase. Even last season the supporters, at least me, waited for him to bring something new to the stage after he started focusing on repetitive western dance forms. I am yet to see some sorta Indian dance form from him and I have been waiting since last season. It seems like he doesn't have knowledge or probably the vision when it comes to Indian dancing like what I have seen in Tushar's performance. This guy is simply a genius. For me he has taken over Salman in terms of concepts, vision and even versatility. He is beyond Salman when it comes to dancing.

Till last season, I used to get baffled to see many criticize Salman cuz for me he was simply mind blowing on the stage. So I used feel a bit taken a back when I used to see critics criticizing his performances left right and center especially when I thought his concepts and visions were amazing. But this season, I can relate to these critics. Basically if someone has seen Salman two seasons in a row, they will understand that this guy is very repetitive in terms of steps, concepts and even dance forms. People who must have seen season 4 must have thought the same of him last season cuz I am sure even last season he must have repeated his steps and dancing, which I couldn't understand cuz of not having seen season 4. Basically now I realize why there were vocal critics of Salman.  For someone watching him for the first time, he may seem mind blowing, but those, who has been following him for more than one season will understand why he gets criticized for not being versatile. 

P.S: I miss Deepak and Shampa this season. They were just as brilliant with their dancing and concepts.

P.S.S: Simply my take on it. If you don't agree with it, you can comment, but try and hold the urges to get personal.

Thanks "Smruti1981" for the bang on title.

Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yes this  season Salman is a waste according to me.. He is good for nothing now.. All the steps he is following are repetative.. He was good with only Esha Sherwani because Esha herself is a brilliant dancer and Salman got popularity only because of her.. I was also his fan and was an active member of Salman Esha AT but I have to admit that Salman is no more a graceful and talented dancer.. I guess he is now much over confident because of his first movie ABCD.. My opinion only 
I must say old wine in new bottle... πŸ˜›  same steps same areal acts were in last season. πŸ€”

your post title is perfect for salman for this season... πŸ˜†

choreographer should be versatile in all dance patterns..
Viji.Chandran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i dnt agree wt u nt evn on a single point...
i have been following jhalak since season 3...
salman came on season 4...
first thing abt diff dance forms, i just wanna say last yr n b4 that he has done a lot of diff forms...
n ths yr only 4 performances r over...
he has done waltz, contemporary, acrobacia, n tango...
all these forms r entirely diff frm each other...
n when it comes to repetitive steps all dance forms have sm basic rules n steps...
why evry one s pinpointing salman???????????????
even in other reality shows they r givng mre prefernce to western...
n for me his last aerial act ws one of d best...
if u have seen the same choreo ny whr else i would really love to see that video...
A_Derry_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
How true is this!! I really like Salman right from the DID days...but this time  he has been disappointing me a big time.
The steps are repetitive,
no new or interesting concepts...
I expected  more from him really...

and i miss Deepak a LOT!!!

Originally posted by: vijichandran

i dnt agree wt u nt evn on a single point...

i have been following jhalak since season 3...
salman came on season 4...
first thing abt diff dance forms, i just wanna say last yr n b4 that he has done a lot of diff forms...
n ths yr only 4 performances r over...
he has done waltz, contemporary, acrobacia, n tango...
all these forms r entirely diff frm each other...
n when it comes to repetitive steps all dance forms have sm basic rules n steps...
why evry one s pinpointing salman???????????????
even in other reality shows they r givng mre prefernce to western...
n for me his last aerial act ws one of d best...
if u have seen the same choreo ny whr else i would really love to see that video...

Judging a performance is subjective. So what you see doesn't mean I see the same and vice versa. But to answer your question, the aerial act of theirs reminded me of Isha-Salman's aerial act from last season where Isha and him had performed with a ring. Thus, I say repetition. Just cuz he modifies or adds/deletes few steps doesn't make it a different performance all together. The feel and the final outcome is the same, at least for me.

If you don't agree, then great, let's move on.

xNinalove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
If you find so many faults in DD and Salman then don't care to watch their performance! 

Edited by xNinalove - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: smruti1981

I must say old wine in new bottle... πŸ˜›  same steps same areal acts were in last season. πŸ€”

your post title is perfect for salman for this season... πŸ˜†

choreographer should be versatile in all dance patterns..

@Bold: Exactly, let me steal that and use it for my title. It's explains it all what I have been trying to say πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: xNinalove

Please stop complaining and watch what they show us!

If you find so many faults in DD and Salman then don't care to watch there performance! 

And who are you to order me around. I will watch the show and their performances and I will keep complaining, what are you going to do πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I watch these shows for entertainment, and laughing at performances is a form of entertainment as well πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anymore orders my lady πŸ˜›

P.S: Typical behavior of fans, can't read criticism **SMH**
P.S.S: And someone edited the post πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: xNinalove

Please stop complaining and watch what they show us!

If you find so many faults in DD and Salman then don't care to watch there performance! 

you need to  stop complaining for critic posts..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  we have freedom of speechπŸ˜›  we can say 1000 times about it if we are not satisfied πŸ˜‰