9pm Slot Reason For Low TRP's?

ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Personally i think ChhanChhan shouldn't have been given the 9pm tv slot because its competing with DABH and whatever else comes on at that time

These shows have already gathered viewers and many people like that show, so half of most of the viewers that like some aspect of a Saas-Bahu drama and already watch DABH won't watch ChhanChhan (not at the designated time)

And Sony is a channel that isn't watched by a lot of people..it has its set viewers its not as common as Star Plus and Colors (IMO)

I think that this is definitely ONE reason for low trps (other factors are included but i don't need to mention thatπŸ˜†)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Riima_Azraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
haan your right, that is one of the main reasons... but there's NOTHING we can do about that πŸ˜’

Sanaya's shows have always had very tough competition when it comes to slot times n trp... 
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It is a tough time slot and channel, but the first week TRP was 1.4, which is decent, so it had a decent audience. If the story and execution tightens, and we get a decent male lead, then interest in the show will increase. Next week we will know what non IPL TRP is like and whether this marriage track is creating any interest.
Word-of-mouth publicity is equally important. Sanaya is getting good press coverage and reviews, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Edited by showviewer - 10 years ago
ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I really do hope the show picks up for Sanaya
she deserves it and the rest of the cast do put in hard work
hopefully if the rumours this time are true with the male lead change, hope it actually helps
..SaNaYaHoLiC.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
I really wish this show had a better time slot. Why not 8:00? Hopefully no big show is on that time. The competition with DABH is bringing CC's TRPs down because aunties are obsessed with that show. Not many people watch Sony anyways. I hope they replace the male lead and make the story a bit more interesting. I doubt they'll change the timeslot.
MadhuO thumbnail

Now that I subscribe to Sony to watch Sanaya I can see that Sony shows are more contemporary modern and more to reality then Star Plus (previously subscribed for Sanaya's last show) shows.  Also, since the TRP contributors are in India, Sony shows are most likely watched by a minority group.  Star plus OTT sensational shows are more appealing to the mass audience in India..  Just my POV...do not mean to offend anyone.

Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
I agree with u 😊 9 pm very competitive time slot
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Call me crazy but I want CC to compete against DABH!! Because I'm waiting for the day it tops the TRP chart kicking DABH out of the way!! Because such good actors like Sanaya Irani and Supriya should be getting more audience!! How long will these talentless actors hog the 1st position?!! It's time for people to change!! And adding the show on Fridays should be an option but not sure about that either!! Because actors deserve to have some time off!! But I know it doesn't help with the TRP either!! Ugh, tough choice!! πŸ˜”πŸ˜’

Shreya
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
When Sanaya's earlier show started, BV had been ruling the roost for ages, and her show was the first to kick it off its perch. πŸ˜›

While I'm not expecting the same thing to happen here , but the basic premise of both the 9 pm shows is very similar, and the two actresses in CC are superior to the ones in DABH ... I like the actress playing Bhabho, but I don't think she is a better actress than Supriya P ... as for the bahus, there is simply no comparison! Also Chhanchhan will be very different in her approach ... and that is the part I am looking forward to the most. It will also depend on what issues they take up ... the ones in Chhanchhan might be more easy to relate to  for urban audiences, while the ones in the other show are more relatable for small town audiences.
So while I doubt CC will knock off DABH, because of the setting as well as because of the reach of the respective channels, I do expect it to take off once the main story starts ... the clash between two feisty women.

Am not talking about PR because I have no clue what happens there ... I have never watched it πŸ˜›
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

When Sanaya's earlier show started, BV had been ruling the roost for ages, and her show was the first to kick it off its perch. πŸ˜›

While I'm not expecting the same thing to happen here , but the basic premise of both the 9 pm shows is very similar, and the two actresses in CC are superior to the ones in DABH ... I like the actress playing Bhabho, but I don't think she is a better actress than Supriya P ... as for the bahus, there is simply no comparison! Also Chhanchhan will be very different in her approach ... and that is the part I am looking forward to the most. It will also depend on what issues they take up ... the ones in Chhanchhan might be more easy to relate to  for urban audiences, while the ones in the other show are more relatable for small town audiences.
So while I doubt CC will knock off DABH, because of the setting as well as because of the reach of the respective channels, I do expect it to take off once the main story starts ... the clash between two feisty women.

Am not talking about PR because I have no clue what happens there ... I have never watched it πŸ˜›

You like Bhabho?!! πŸ˜² I don't!! πŸ˜† I think she overacts and has the same expressions all throughout the series!! πŸ€’ Just like the main lead actress!! πŸ€’

Shreya