"I sense God in procreation" :Archana

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
"I sense God in procreation"

There are times in all our lives, when we desire the need for divine intervention; times, when life refuses to acknowledge the seemingly obvious and decides to take refuge in a world that is far away from ours. A world that gives the body and mind the spiritual healing that it yearns for. We, at Telly Chakkar.com decided to delve deeper into the lives of our favourite stars and know a little about their lives beyond the obvious.

Well known in the TV circuit as Archie, Archana Puran Singh is one stylish, vivacious and a exuberant personality. Her wise cracks can light up even the dullest event. However, what we all don't know is the spiritual side of her effervescent persona. She is a ardent follower of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, swears by Ayurveda and is a hardcore vegetarian by choice.

Archana talks to Sameera Kapoor about her beliefs and philosophy in life.

"For me God is omnipresent"

"Defining God is next to impossible"
Just look around and you see his creations everywhere. Nature is the finest example to realise that God exists. When you cannot describe something that is tangible and visible, then how is it possible to define something which is absolute. For me God is omnipresent.

"Prayers do not mean singing hymns"
It could also be something in your day to day life that makes you feel happy and satisfied. Doing my work and taking care of my family can be attributed as my prayer.

"I don't believe in godmen"
Anybody who says that he is the reincarnation of God, for me, is not worth trusting. And no offense meant for their believers. I am of the opinion that if someday God really does reincarnate himself then he will be visible on its own. One would not need to blow a trumpet stating that he is 'The One'.

"I sense God in procreation"
The entire process of creating a thing out of nothing is miraculous. I believe that there's God in my mother for she created me, and also in my kids, as they are my creation.

"Following rituals is subjective"
For me, people who observe a fast or visit a holy shrine do so to reaffirm their connection with God. We are always thinking about our selfish needs in our routine life, so by doing such deeds, we are voluntarily focusing on something out of the realm of our being.

"I have great faith in astrology"

"I subscribe to occult sciences to a sensible extent"
According to me there is vibration in even the smallest thing in this universe; be it positive or negative. So, if one follows Feng Shui and makes some changes in their surrounding to ward off bad vibes, there's no harm. And I have great faith in astrology. It definitely warns you about any upcoming troubles and reasons out our problems.

"Meditation is the key"
It alleviates all my possible tensions in life. Once you give yourself the chance to contemplate about the matters that are disturbing, you will certainly find some way to get out of it.