Debate Mansion

TD - Realization of changes in Disha

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi all,

Thank you all the active participation in the last week 's discussion. Continuing the tradition the discussion this week is going to be on Disha the main protagonist of our show. 

We have analyzed DK his weakness, his strength and the changes he has made in life. It is unanimous that Disha was the reason for the changed DK and that she brought to light the distinctiveness about DK's character .So as a theme this week the discussion direction has headed towards analyzing what we have seen about Disha. As you all are aware this is a story about Disha the preeminent sister who sacrifices her love for her younger sister. About Disha the compassionate daughter who lets go of her love on learning that her two pillars of strength, her parents, are not her biological parents and that she is the daughter of a servant.  Disha has been brought up in a loving and caring environment with ethics and ideals and this is the reason she always sticks up for the cause of her family and never bothered about herself. There were many obstacles in her path and drastic steps she has taken as the results and faced with challenging consequences. Situations have risen where she is always trying to defend herself and has always kept her composure while trying to prove herself. She learnt her lessons on her way too and maybe made certain changes in her outlook.

So the topics of discussion in specific are

1)     Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?

Calling all TD fans to share their opinions and analysis on these questions as we continue to watch Disha and DK try to work out their marriage.

- Moderator and Viewbie Team
Edited by sree_20 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolbuddy thumbnail

1. The  foremost important change is that she doesn'y love Indy any more THANK GOD 4 that.

2. Suhas made her realize as 2 why she was staying in Sehgal house. Not b'coz of Sum but her hubby DK. She asked her 3 withdraw the case against DK. I think Suhas was a bit selfish. B4 Rano's preganancy she wanted Disha to accept DK but now since she knows evrything is well with her daughter she want Disha 2b a scape goat again. 

3. They didn't make any difference. Though she always wore them, Sum ๐Ÿ˜กtaught Pori 2b her bahu. She was better w/out it.   

AALIYAH786 thumbnail

Suhas as a mother just has Disha's best interests at heart.........................We cant really blame Suhas for her recent behaviour because Disha has not to date explained her the misunderstanding with this whole Babu confusion..................Disha is to blame for this lack of communication.....................Why isn't she explaining this to her Aia????????  Aia would have been more understanding had she known the truth

I guess these Guhas never heard of COMMUNICATION......................they all heard of EAVESDROPPING

bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hi Priya nice topic.

Disha who would not want to have a daughter/ wife like her. This maybe off the topic which we are discussing but the moment TD was aired the story of Disha had an uncanny resemblance to one of my friend's real life and thats what made me watch this serial in the first place. My friend has lost her mother when she was only 1-1/2 and her Dad remarried thinking that someone would take care of his daughter. The second mother of my friend used to always find faults with this poor girl and would always give extra love to her own siblings. But my friend used to be very protective towards her siblings and loved them to death. After she got married somehow the relation she shared with her mom changed and her mom started loving her all the more. So u see this was something I have seen it through my own eyes happening in my friends life and could relate this story to TD Disha instantly.

Coming back to Disha and the questions:

1.) After  Disha got married to DK at first she got married to avenge her Father's death. But Disha as is a girl always who was known for her patience, understanding, loving and caring nature and so it did not take her long to see the positivity in DK. Though he showed to the world his arrogant go getting nature in his heart of hearts he was a soft guy with a heart of gold ๐Ÿ˜† especially when it came to his Mom. That made Disha go weak her knees seeing the man she married loved his Mom so much. And the thought that he did not so much even touch her once before she expressed her true feelings only made her respect him all the more though he was a real womaniser before that. Moreover she realised that what she shared with Inder was only an infatuation but her feelings for Dk turned out to be real love.

2.)  Suhas realised about the biggest sacrifice that Disha made with her life after she walked out of their house to marry DK only so that they would not lose their prestige in having to sell off their house and property and also made way for Rano to get married to Inder. Suhas in a way felt guilty for being so selfish towards the little girl all along and to make up for that started showering all her love to Disha. The best advise that Suhas as a mother could give her married daughter Disha was that she if she has to stay as DK's wife she should accept him fully for and not just for the sake of showing it to the world or else she has to leave him and come back to her forever. So in a way she opened Disha's eyes who was in two minds about her relationship with DK. And also Disha was happy that she had someone to fall back upon if things went wrong and could go back to her maika and that gives one type of security to any woman.

3.)  Yes the Mangalsutra and the bangles definately matters to someone like Disha a lot. Mangalsutra which is the symbol of marriage  is not just black beads tied to a string but means much more to any married lady in India. It made Disha realise what DK means  to her in her life and once she started wearing it she decided that come what may she will stand by her husband through thick and thin and support his and help him get over the obstacles in his life.

This is just my opinion on the whole topic.

Cheers

Lata

AALIYAH786 thumbnail

brilliant explanation Lata๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

busha thumbnail

I think Disha's attitude has become more edgier. She is stooping to gargi's level. That is not good.Disha should not do it. I and my neighbour strongly disagree. Apparently Disha is not an Indian because she does not follow Gandhiji's virtues of ahimsa.

Furthermore, DK needs to move faster. He is taking up too much screentime. And the director really really needs to go easy on those close-ups. 

Also can that bong chick stop talking to herself all the time. I mean I am paying for the cable. I DONT understand Bengali and i am not paying money to hear her talk to herself.

And can someone tell me whats Vedant's issues in life. I think the guy got issues.

jingle thumbnail
 Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?

well disha married dk not out of love but to take vengence since she thought he was responsible for her dad's death,but later on the circumstances changed and disha slowly came to understand the softer side of dk and also of his bitter childhood and finally the hatred turned into love as a result there was/is a change in disha.

disha's marriage to dk ,dev's death and change in sukanya's behavoir after vijendra's death and the manner disha kept herself away from inder and got him married to rano,and the difficulties and humiliations disha has undergone in dk's place r the main reasons for suhas changed behavoiur.suhas change has brought her more closer and loving towards disha.

for a person like disha who comes from a middle class cultured family mangalsutra and sindhoor have a lot of value in thier life,infact her trust and belief  in them has in one changed dk's outlook

Edited by jingle - 18 years ago
swathi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks to all the mods and viewbies for steering the conversation to Dish (for a change). We are so much enamoured by DK that we often fail to speak abt Dish most of the time. Read the replies and it made one excellent read i shud say. Now to my answers

1)     Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

Well the obvious reason that Dish got married to DK was that she wanted to avenge her father's death and that she was left with no other choice. She was forced to do that modelling for DK and she found out a gracious way to do that. Also I guess she knew that she could never marry Inder. By marrying DK she was making sure that Inder is left with no other choice but to marry Rano. (Inder never really knew that she married DK for revenge). Initially Dish misunderstood DK for each and every action of his. But she slowly began to understand that DK was not so bad after all. Also Dish had these traditional values strongly imbibed in her. She could never ever harm her own pati physically. (though menrtally it was possible). When DK called off the photo shoot, his past and his giving of PoA to her she started realizing that DK also was a human with his own share of vices but not completely devoid of virtues. The way he was, was basically shaped by the fact that he was left to fend for himself at a very young age. Also being illegitimate never really helps in anyway in this world. He has always come up the hard way in his life and has never learnt any other way except his way. Dish realizes this fact as well.  AS respect to changes, Dish has given up on her revenge attitude. Dish has continued to be patient with him. She complemented him in every way. She has always not been comfortable in modern dresses (as i could make out) but she wears them for DK's party as she knew that the party was imp for him. She has tried to respect his feelings always (she did not want to meet Ved when DK did not like it).  Dish has understood the responsibilities of being a wife as as one of the members pointed out has also understood that she does not love INder now but loves DK with her full heart so much that she is ready to do anything for him, accept him with all his shortcomings.

Well it has been more of a curse as blessing in disguise as now Dish has to fight Dish as well Sum to be with DK. In case of Sum we can put the blame on mental illness. But it has been good in one way. She has got back her mother's love which has always been absent in her life. Also now she at least has a home in Bhonsle house in case she has no place in Kanaka. that is she has got a 'maika' where she can live with complete respect.

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?

Mangalsutra and red bangles finally made Dish realize that what is the position of DK in her life. (husband that is). All this while she was not ready to ack this fact to either herself or DK. But when DK went to Pune she realized the fact that how much she actually loves him. Also for Disha who is married, these red bangles and mangalsutra are the symbols of a married woman and she def attaches a lot of importance to them. I guess in North the chuda (as the red bangles are called) are worn in the beginning of the marriage. She has worn them now to signify the new beginning of the relationship between herself and DK.

Swathi

Edited by swathi - 18 years ago
rm_apple thumbnail
  1.  Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

I guess some what yes.  She got into the marriage with hatred for DK and with the vengeance to destroy him.  Her feelings towards DK changed as she learned more about DK.  Once she got to know about DK's traumatic childhood she understood why he had trouble with relationships and his lack of trust on people.  DK too began to trust her and confide in her which helped a lot in Dish's change of attitude towards him.  Dish before marriage is the same dish after marriage to DK only her feelings for DK and Inder have changed.

Suhas's change of attitude has given Dish a home to go to which she did not have previously after marrying DK.  Poor Dish was tormented by DK but still stayed in DK's house only becuase she did not have a place to go.  Even though Suhas cares for Rano more than Dish, she still loves Dish and wants to see her happy.  I only wish that Suhas will not compell Dish to marry Vedanth who is her Devar!

Yes I guess it did.  She got into the marriage only with the conviction of destroying DK and saving her family from bankruptcy.  But even though it was marriage of convenience, she believed in the institution of marriage from the onset.  This was apparent when DK tried to wipe off her sindoor from her maang, she prevented him from doing so.  This was at a time when she had to do the shoot the following day.  This can also be viewed as an act of defiance, because she wanted to do everything that DK hated just to spite him. But when DK had a change of feelings towards Dish, she too started mellow. 

SalK thumbnail
well.....

1)     Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?
Yes sure....and best change is that she has fallen in love with the man who she wanted to destroy!!

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?
suhas encouraged Disha initially to go back to dk's house is she cared about him...so initially that helped but now ofcourse its a complete different story

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?
definitely..its when disha realised her love for DK that she put on the bangles and knew the importance of mangalsutra put on by DK