Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PhoenixTears thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This must be the most revealing chapter of this story. So she was married to Shyam in a convenience mariage and when his cousin got killed as he was mistaken as Shyam, she took that opportunity to come out of that relationship. Moreover she was the high priestess and belongs to that community. So Arnav is attacked by one of the Cult, I am hoping he will be fine. Overall it was a mind boggling update, just fantastic. Thanks for the PM dear πŸ˜Š 
lakraj80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! RB hope arnav is ok. It's a beautiful update! Loads of revelations!. Thanks for the pm.
diyadivya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
u cum up vth d most unexpected dngs in ur stories
n expectng alwyz turns out of no use
awsum updt
_Mansi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow...very interesting...!!!
update soon!!
deeswarna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
that was a super interesting update. and some truths came to light!

i was right khushi did have a connection to the tribe but her being the high priestess was quite a shock! 

i have  feeling that someone is either following arnav or khushi and now that he knows that arnav knows about the tribe and almost everything, they want him dead!

all the best for ur exams
underdsky thumbnail
So finally the coaster ride has started. Like Arnav, there's a lot of information to be processed. Knowing the ulterior motive for keeping Khushi alive, would be interesting
Thanks RB for the update n apology for not commenting earlier.
All the best for your exams... update soon
greenMoss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Chapter 01

The description of the surroundings on the onset of dusk, from the narrator's point of view was great. Cynicism seemed to drip from the description!

" But every passing day, I believed, we descended yet another step to Hell."

" But I am past caring for such trivial momentary victories."

These two lines, above, distinctly say that Arnav is extremely cynical and has a somewhat detached outlook towards life.

There is a sort of hidden sense of self-importance in him too.

He is yet again late in visiting a crime-scene and he is no more ashamed about it. At this fact, I felt that he is tardy too.

Arjun is a very interesting character. I couldn't decode some of his actions, yet it seems that he isn't foreboding.

Shukla noted down the symbols which could easily be photographed. It is pretty evident that Shukla belongs to old school and he is still stuck with the earlier methods of investigation.

It was definitely gory to read that the body of the victim was used as a canvas to 'scribble' symbols.

(On a lighter note, this chapter was like the re-union of old characters- ACP Arnav, his subordinate- Shukla and Arjun!)

Thanks for the PM.
Edited by greenMoss - 10 years ago
greenMoss thumbnail
Chapter 02

Arnav's way of talking is very point-blank.

He made a conscious effort to keep his foul temper at bay, while conversing with the Sharmas.

I was thinking in the previous chapter that Mr. Vimal isn't a clean character, considering the fact that he had a full-time mistress. But after reading this chapter, I felt that Mrs. Vimal isn't all that innocent too. She isn't much far from her husband's philandering ways !
Mrs. Sharma comes off as a downright s**ttish woman.
.. And there is perhaps more to her nonchalance than meets the eye.

It seems like she had her eyes only for and on Arnav.
And I guess, she has all the men of the house wrapped around her little finger too. This is proved by the fact that the brothers relented to her without speaking a word.

Needless to say, Mrs. Sharma's actions (her constant staring, her nonchalance about her husband's death, etc. ) unnerved Arnav big time.

I suppose that Mrs. Vimal tried to imply something to Arnav when she asked for his number.

The vulgar reality of hotels that ".. reeks of bad decisions, cheap alcohol and half-naked women.." , comes to the fore.

The closing paragraphs spelt another mystery with the death of Helen.

Thanks for the PM.
greenMoss thumbnail
Chapter 03

Arjun is well-aware of Arnav's insomnia.

A distinct difference between Arnav and Arjun and their way of working is being shown. Arjun's department spells of backlog while Arnav not only completes his own work but also goes through other cases during his spare time. Needless to say, his insomnia acts as his boon here.

Suman was killed in the same gruesome way. This piece of information gives a new dimension to the case. And this also explains why Arjun was kinda scared while visiting the crime scene.

Arjun said that the Rig Vedic tribe didn't like interference from the outside world. Suman was doing a research on them which indirectly means a sort of interference. So, it can be assumed that this was the reason why she was killed. But this certainly fails to explain Mr. Vimal's case.

Arjun and Arnav's easy camaraderie is praise-worthy.

Ah! We again get to read about Malvika here, after Gravity and Dante's labyrinth!
.. And I guess she is a positive character here.

Thanks for the PM.
greenMoss thumbnail
Chapter 04

So the lady from Ch 3 was Anjali.

Anjali and Arnav share a good camaraderie.

Woww! Arav is Arnav's nephew!

With the introduction of Anjali, another side of Arnav's character comes to the forefront- he is capable of finer emotions. Till now, he came off as a cynical stoic who is utterly indifferent. But here in this chapter, we got to read that he has all the love reserved only for his family.

Shyam is again a loving, caring, doting husband and brother-in-law.

Anjali is mentally fragile and needs a therapist. I wonder why she is the way she is.

I was amazed to read how Arnav imagined himself to be scribbling those symbols on Vimal's body. The description was so, so vivid.

He is smart enough to realize that as it was a ritual, there will be finger-prints.

Arnav doesn't like to use the car provided for his job, for his own purposes. His professional ethics are praise-worthy.

The meeting with Khushi was awesome. He started to think that how his and Professor Gupta's attire's color matched!!

"That's my girl."

"I feel like a f**king washed up poet."

πŸ˜‰ This two lines perhaps go on to say that Arnav is already bowled over by Khushi.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the PM.