Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK-BEBO thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Completely agree on his take eventhough it sounded odd for many.

Acting is another proffession, it's their job. For role models, you have religious leaders. Actor and any public figure can be a role model for the effort he bring to play/entertain people, their hard work and journey.

Who ask people to consider them as role models?

If any one smoke /drink just because your idol does, then thats the problem of that person's IQ.

Acting is a proffession. You pay him/ticket and go watch a movie to get entertained. Not to learn life lessons.
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
u cant corrupt a mind thats already corrupt...l
ramu61 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i agree with said partially. this is the thing that has to change. take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming movies or stars for it. sure they do have some effect, but eventually in the end its all about ur mentality. 

and if those people are so easily influenced by the action of the stars, why not take the good habits or good characters portrayed by same actors. but the actors are also considered role models for some reason, so they should be careful too. although they are just entertainers, they get paid to entertain, not all should be role models...
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: ramu61

i agree with said partially. this is the thing that has to change. take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming movies or stars for it. sure they do have some effect, but eventually in the end its all about ur mentality. 

and if those people are so easily influenced by the action of the stars, why not take the good habits or good characters portrayed by same actors. but the actors are also considered role models for some reason, so they should be careful too. although they are just entertainers, they get paid to entertain, not all should be role models...

this πŸ‘πŸΌ
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I kind of agree with everyone's replyπŸ˜†

In a way Saif is right because the child's parents are their first teachers...Every paren teaches and should teach their kids...about the right and wrong, the morals and the impotance of being a good human being...but at a certain point when the child gets exposed to the world outside the home...there are a lot of other things that influence the child's impressionable minds...

The movies are one of the biggest influence in our society and on the minds of the kids whether we like it or not...So while some may consider movie just as a business but the truth is that when something that is viewed by such a large audience and our actors who are larger than life and our idolised by millions of young people...just saying that they are not the mothers doesn't cut it...they do have a certain responsibility towards the society, especially the young followers...They cannot shrug their shoulders and say...I am an actor and I don't care...
This is the reason that I believe that even though our movies show us the reality of life ...they should in the end come up with the right solution ...What would a movie like DON or Dabangg teach our young audience...that is OK to be a bad person and rob a bank and get away with it ...or is it OK to be a bad cop taking bribes from everyone, dancing and drinking on duty...
At the end of the day ...the answer to what are movies or our actors owe to the societ is not as simple as a YES or NO...but somewhere a balance has to be attained...
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Saif's right. Teach your children to differentiate between good/bad and also live in a free, tolerant society. Stop demanding ban on literature and cinema. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I loved reading both sides of the debate.
Thumbs up to Guess-Who for bringing forth some strong points, though I dont quite agree. But its hard to argue/debate with someone when they're this persuasive. 

I can see both sides, though I'm tempted to agree with Saif πŸ˜³
OMFG, did I just prove Guess-Who's point? πŸ˜†

No but for real, I wouldnt do something, no matter how much I idolize Bebo or Saif, just coz they're doing it. 
As for smoking onscreen, I have a short anecdote.
I've been showing some family friends bollywood movies and music videos to get them into it. And they're loving it.
Recently I showed em chikni chameli, and suddenly they burst out laughing. I was confused as to why they laughed, till they said, "did that actually say 'smoking is injurious to health' at the bottom?"

And sure enough, I realized that during one moment, Kat strikes a match against her chest and lights up a cigarette in a backup dancer's mouth, and this caption shows up at the bottom. 

I always thought that action looked visually amusing, just coz it went with the lyrics so well.
Its kinda sad that you dont have the creative freedom to use such perks and props just coz of this extra responsibility that you never signed up for.
Edited by desigal90 - 11 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
I do agree with the over all take home message of his POV but it does not hurt for actors to be responsible towards society. After all, they have a lot of influence on young adults especially in a country where cinema is such a huge part of recreational activity. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Saif's not being bashed in a topic 
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I can't blame him, while actors should act as role models to some degree, it's incumbent upon the parents on how they want to raise their kids.Edited by Yankees - 11 years ago