-Prinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
It seems nice

waiting for ur update

rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
i am looking forward to read this ff. i loved ur other ff. please continue soon and please pm me😊
pinks73 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 1

"We'll see you on Friday Inshaallah beta" said Dilshad switching off her computer.

Asad walked into the sitting room and loosened his tie while he sat down on the couch. "Salaam Ammi" he said, "Was that Ayaan?"

"Wale kum salaam and Yes" Dilshad replied while walking towards the cupboard and taking out a large packet from it, "I was talking to him and Humaira, they were asking me if I wanted them to buy something special from New York, for the wedding"

"I can't wait to see Ayaan, it's been a year and I miss him" said Asad fondly.

"What's that Ammi?" asked Asad pointing at the the packet in his Mom's hands.

"These are the wedding cards, Asad, start writing the names on it at least" Dilshad said taking out one of the cards and handing it to him.

"Ammi" said Asad taking the card from her and putting it on the table "You know I don't have time for these things. You should have had the names printed on it like I suggested"

"Printed on it? Please!!! Where is the personal touch in that?" said Dilshad rolling her eyes.

"Well then wait for Ayaan to come and then you can have the groom write everyone's name on the cards. How is that for personal touch?" he grinned.

"Okay Asad I have to talk to you about something serious." said Dilshad.

"Yes Ammi" Asad was attentive. He knew he could joke around with Ammi as much as he wanted but her advice and thoughts were invaluable to him.

"Asad, I know you are not comfortable with Ayaan getting married to a girl we have not met and whose family we are not aware of but I am going to trust my son. Ayaan is mature enough to make his own decisions and I believe he will make the right ones." explained Dilshad.

"Ammi he is not as mature as you think he is" said Asad.

"Please just behave yourself when they are here, okay?" warned Dilshad

"Aren't you concerned that she has never even been to India, doesn't even know Urdu and will be a total misfit in our traditional Bhopal surroundings" said Asad

"Asad sometimes I think I am the girl from the twenty first century and you are my grandfather, you can be so judgmental bachhe" laughed Dilshad. "She will learn Urdu, what's the big deal about that and as far as Bhopal is concerned she is not going to be living here, at least not for a while, so it doesn't matter. Ayaan was offered a job in a big reputable company in New York and he is seriously thinking about taking it."

"Ammi, I am just concerned that's all. He doesn't even know the girl too well. He just met her six months ago for God's sake and he wants to marry her. I can't believe it." said Asad, throwing up his hands in the air.

"Asad, let's be practical about it, he will marry her even if we don't approve so it's better we say yes and participate in his happiness rather than say no and loose him and his wife forever because whether we like it or not he WLL marry her." asserted Dilshad

"Maybe you're right Ammi, anyway if he decides to stay back in NY and get the job after he graduates in spring it will give them both sometime to adjust to each other before they come live here with us" chipped in Asad

"Adjustments? Huh? That's all your experience talking, right?" Dilshad laughed, "I want to maintain a good relationship with my son and his wife" she added seriously "and also with my future grandkids because God forbid YOU give me any" she smiled sweetly

Asad laughed "You know I don't want to ever get married Ammi"

"Of course you don't. Your wife will never allow you to have so many girlfriends" Dilshad shook her head.

Asad sighed. He had had this conversation with Ammi so many times. He had told her a few years ago that he did not want to get married. He was happy with the way his life was.

Of course he had not told Ammi that his so called 'girlfriends', as Ammi put it, were not romantically involved with him. There were no emotions involved. The relationships were mostly physical with no expectations from any one. The girls knew full well that Asad was not the marrying kind and no false promises were made and there were no illusions or deception from his side.

"Okay Ammi" said Asad trying to change the topic, "So Ayaan is coming on Friday?"

"Yes they are all coming on Friday" said Ammi going into the kitchen to set up the table for dinner.

"All? Ayaan and his wife, I mean his fiance, right?" said Asad, opening the cabinets and taking out the glasses to put on the table.

"Yes and Humaira's older sister is coming too, to participate in the wedding of course." said Dilshad, taking the dishes out of the fridge.

"Hmm that's nice, at least there will be somebody from the girl's family" shrugged Asad.

"Zoya" exclaimed Humaira placing the bag on her shoulder and checking herself in the mirror "You have to get this bag, it's so pretty"

"Please Humaira" laughed Zoya, "You are saying that for everything in the store" 

"I am going to dread taking you shopping in India. You are going to like everything there. It's just your kind of place, bangles and bags and jewelry'." said Ayaan, shaking his head.

"Yes, everything will be like Bollywood, right?" asked Humaira

"You are in for a shock babe" laughed Ayaan

"Humaira, why don't you just get the makeup stuff and the bags you came to buy and I'll meet you in the car in half an hour. I have to check out the shoes section." Zoya said walking away.

"Okay Humi lets go and please make it quick, will you?" pleaded Ayaan

"The green one or the pink one" she asked picking the bags in each hand.

"The green one" Ayaan answered without thinking

"Hmmm I think I like the pink one better, it will go with the outfit we picked out last week, what do you think?" Humaira asked

"Okaaay the pink one then" said Ayaan trying hard not to lose his patience.

"Hmmm the green one is pretty though" contemplated Humaira

"Humi please end my agony and pick one" said Ayaan

"Ayaan you are getting irritated just shopping around with me for a bag and we are not even married yet. What are you going to do with me for the rest of our lives?" asked Humaira with her hands on her hips.

"Well Humaira Begum I cannot tell you what I am going to do to you for the rest of our lives in a shopping mall, it wouldn't be appropriate but I can tell you that shopping is fine as long as it benefits me too" said Ayaan with a mischievous smile taking both her hands in his and putting them behind his back.

"So what would I be shopping for that would be of interest to you too?" smiled Humaira skirting the first part of his sentence.

"If you were buying something like that" he said pointing to the lingerie department, "I would be absolutely interested."

"Ayaan!!" said Humaira hitting him on his chest, "Let's go, I have to work on my project. It's due next week but I have to turn it in before we leave on Wednesday and I don't have much time."

"Let's pay for this then and go" he said taking the pink bag from the pile, "Zoya will be waiting for us in the car"

Chapter 2 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3528044?pn=3
Please comment and let me know what you think. Thanks
Edited by pinks73 - 10 years ago
DreA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I love it so far πŸ˜ƒ
Update soon ok!
rennie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
great start...waiting eagerly for the next part...
zaps thumbnail
just one word----- amazing!!
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Please continue... This is very nice, like your previous one. You have a very simple and descriptive style. And the concept is sweet...loved Ayan- Humeira romance, even though I am not  a huge fan of them or any thing. You have presented them nicely as a couple.πŸ‘  
pinks73 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

I know its a short update but an update nevertheless πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 2

"Phew" Humaira said throwing her sack on the floor and flopping into the couch.

"Long day my baby?" Zoya said going into the kitchen and pouring a glass of water.

"Yes, I was up all night finishing the assignment and just dropped it off at my Professor's inbox. He wanted a hardcopy." She said yawning.

Zoya handed her the glass of water and sat down beside her. Humaira gulped the water and placed her head on Zoya's lap.

"Are you all packed?" Zoya asked massaging her little sister's head.

"Yes but I'm just not looking forward to the journey Zoya. It's really long. Fourteen hours, can you believe it? She said

Yes I'm a little anxious too but it will be fine, Ayaan does it every year." Zoya reminded.

"But I'm glad you are coming with me" said Humaira

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" Zoya said kissing her baby sister's head.

"Ayaan's mom seems really nice. I have a feeling we are going to get along well with her" said Humaira

"Why me? She will be YOUR mother in law" said Zoya laughing.

"Yes but she seems like the kind who will welcome everybody with an open arm. She is so generous and easy going, just like we imagined how our Ammi would have been, remember we used to discuss this all the time when we were kids that if we had an Ammi she would be so kind hearted and tender and warm. I don't have any memories of her but you do right?" Humaira looked hopefully at Zoya.

Zoya nodded.

"I already have a mother, you. But I know how much you have craved to have a mother figure all your life. Sometimes I feel that between giving me love and protecting me you missed out on your childhood. You were forced to grow up and be the adult." said Humaira

"Humi," Zoya said softly. The image of the small, frail five year old flashed before her eyes. How scared she herself was that they will be separated from each other forever. "You will always be my little girl and you are all I have and I would give up my life for you if I have to" said Zoya

"And you have" Said Humaira looking at her sister through her tears.

"Humi, okay enough with this kind of talk? Get up now." She said gently pushing her sister off herself. "You are getting married in a couple of weeks and we are leaving for India today. Ayaan is a wonderful person and he will give you all the happiness you deserve. It's time to look forward and not backward "

"Zoya, don't you deserve some happiness too, can't you look forward too" said Humaira tentatively, tiptoeing around her sister's feelings. She knew some feelings were still raw.

"Humi" Zoya said in a firm voice. "I am happy with my life, I am happy with my career, my job and I am happy and content being on my own. Let's not talk about anything else."

"I was just saying" Humaira fumbled

"Some things are better left unsaid, they should be locked up and the keys should be just thrown away."  She shivered as the old memories threatened to engulf her.  

"Zoya I don't want to hurt you but using of the word 'happy' in your sentence three times does not make you 'happy', you are very lonely and I know that. Please don't hide your feelings from me, I am your sister, if I am the only person YOU have then you are also the only person I have in this world. If you can think about my well being then I have a right to think about yours too and I think you have to move away from what happened and start a new chapter."

"Humi I don't think I am made to lead a conventional life, I don't think ." Zoya started when she heard the buzzer. She answered it with a "Yes?"

Ayaan answered on the other side.

"Ayaan is on his way up and don't mention these things in front of him." Zoya said as she opened the door. "I just want you guys to concentrate on the wedding and the long flight we have ahead of us"

"Hi" Ayaan said poking his head inside the apartment. "All packed?"

"Yes" both the sisters said in unison.

Ayaan was taken aback, "Travel anxiety or did I just interrupt something?"

"No we are just nervous about the travel" Zoya said trying to smile.

"Don't worry it's not as bad as both of you think" he said hauling in his large luggage, totally oblivious to the tension in the air. "We'll leave from here but I am famished, Humaira can you please order in some Chinese?"

"Sure" Humaira said giving Zoya a look that said the conversation was not over and went into the kitchen to get the take out menu.

Chapter 3 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3528044?pn=5
Edited by pinks73 - 10 years ago
canadiankudi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love it :) Can't wait for Zoya and Asad's first meet!!