Loved the update!
it was awesome!
so now arnav is sneaking to khushi's room at night
waiting for the next update
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello all. M sorry m late. 

This update is specially dedicated to HK90 for being so supportive. Readers like u actually urge writers like us to do better. Ur feedback simply touched my heart as I never expected any of the readers to actually take so much of pains n give separate feedback for every chapter even when those were updated long back. Ur comments made my day. Thank u so much. 👏👏👏

Reading HK90's comments, I really missed Fleur_de_Lis as these two r the people with whom I interact to the maximum extent on IF. Thank u guys. Love u all. 😊👏👏

No more blabbering. Just a request, please read the note below.

Here's the update.

Chapter 55-B

Night before Kul Devi Pooja

Like every other night since last two weeks, Arnav was at Mehta Mansion with Khushi in his arms. They were simply lying on her soft comfortable bed, Khushi's head on his chest, listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat. Arnav had held her close, her one arm around her petite waist while the other unconsciously playing with the fingers of her hand. They were silent, well aware of their close proximity which had become a habit for them now. They had smiles on teir lips thinking about their life a week from today.

Khushi: Arnav!!

Arnav (still in the same position): Hmm??

Khushi (raising her head to look into his eyes): Just one week is left. Fir aapko aise chhup chhup k yahan nai aana padega.

Arnav: I don't want to even. I can still use the front door to come n no one would question me. But I think its fun, u know.

Khushi (confused): Fun??

Arnav: Yeah. Who would have thought that someday I would b behaving like a typical boyfriend who sneaks in his girl's room in the night?

Khushi (giggling): It would b a shock to anyone who hears about it.

Arnav: I don't care. I wanted to give u every phase of a relationship. U r too filmy n I know m giving u a perfect story to tell our kids.

Khushi: What?? U r talking about KIDS?? Aapko toh bachhe pasand nai hain na??

Arnav: I think u r forgetting that I was against marriage n commitment too.

Khushi: Aapka bas chalet oh shaadi toh aap ab b na karo. Wo toh hum or Dii hain jo aapko humari baat maanne pe majboor kr dete hain.

Arnav (raising his eyebrows n suddenly rolling over, pinning Khushi to the bed such that he was above her): Really?? Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada, no one can force me to do anything. I think u r forgetting that m Arnav Singh Raizada.

Khushi was silent. She was just teasing Arnav but her heart had skipped several beats when he had mentioned about kids. She had always dreamt of a loving husband n three kids. It felt like she was living her dream at that moment. She didn't say anything, just kept on staring in his eyes, watching the happiness reflect in his eyes. She was happy that finally she had succeeded in driving away the pain that used to b visible in his eyes.

Arnav (sensing her lost expression): Khushi. (softly caressing her face) U okay??

Khushi slowly lifted herself n softly pecked him on lips. If Arnav was surprised, he didn't let it show on his face. He could guess that something had driven Khushi to act bold & either she's too happy or too emotional. But little did he know that she was a mixture of happiness n emotion at that moment.

Arnav (sensing the change in mood): U okay??

Khushi: M fine.

Arnav lied down straight n gathered Khushi in his embrace. He couldn't understand what turned her from a teasing mood to a serious one. Arnav gave her time to collect her thoughts n feel comfortable to share whatever was on her mind with him.

Khushi: Pta hai Arnav, when I was small, I used to dream a lot about my wedding. I guess it was all about wedding that I used to think at that point of time. Watching perfect couples around me in the form of my parents (controlling the lump in her throat) n then amma-babuji, I don't even remember when I started fanaticizing about a happily ever after for myself. Even after all the bad times, that dream didn't leave me; the dream of a perfect family - a loving husband, caring in-laws, three kids. I don't even think I had anything else on my mind. (she paused, lost in thoughts n then continued) Mumma was a housewife. My papa was quite sound financially. Then again amma was a house maker. Babuji was the earning hand in the family. May b that is why when I had to suddenly take care of my family, I was too' I don't know how to put it' Too bad at it may b. Running a sweet shop was very different from working at AR. N due to being brought up in a very protective & conservative environment, it was difficult for me to fit in, but I managed. I knew that it was not a permanent arrangement. Amma didn't want me to go out n work. She used to tell us that daughters r born to b loved, taken care of n then when the time comes, to b married of. Even the idea of her daughter doing a job outside was unacceptable for her. Babuji convinced her somehow but she was always our inspiration. May b that is why at the back of mind, I still prioritize my family over my career. With time, I grew up n along with me, those dreams too grew up n were nurtured in my heart'

Arnav (cutting in): N then I happened n shattered them all.

Khushi (making eye contact): N then u happened n those dreams have started becoming my reality. U were right when u said that u r giving me a perfect story to tell our kids.

Arnav smiled n kissed her lips tenderly & slowly, putting all the love, care n respect in that kiss which he felt towards the woman in his arms who had become the center of his existence in last few months.

Next Day

RM

The Raizadas were getting ready for the Kul Devi Pooja. It was their tradition to take blessings of the Goddess before starting the wedding rituals. This pooja is done to pray for Devi Maiyya's blessings so that all the functions till the wedding r completed without any type of interruptions.

Arnav had worn a white kurta due to Anjali & Khushi's insistence while Khushi chose to wear a red Anarkali as Arnav had asked her to wear something red.

At Temple

The Raizadas & the Guptas had reached the temple. Even Rohan, Lavanya & Dinesh were there. But there was no sign of Khushi, Sonam, Anjali & Arjun as they were coming in separate car. Finally they arrived n the wait was over.

NK (to Anjali): Dii aap Nannav ko kheench kheench k mandir laati thi or ab dekho, he has reached before u. (teasing) Aap kahan reh gae the??

Anjali: Hum toh taiyyar the NK bhai. Lekin ye Arjun ready hone mein bohat der lgate hain. Tbi late ho gae.

Arjun (defending himself): What?? Mai der lgata hu?? Tum der lgati ho. (to NK) Subeh se hyper active hai aapki Dii. Raat bhar b, na khud soyi na mujhe sone dia. (ignoring the hidden smiles on his audience's faces due to the double meaning of his statement) Har thodi der baad shuru ho jati thi mai check kr k aati hu ye cheez rakhi k nai... wo cheez rakhi k nai... kuch reh toh nahi gya... Or sone se pehle sb kuch at least dus baar check krne k baad b subeh abi chalne se pehle tk inhe yehi tension thi k kuch reh toh nai gya. Or instruct aise krti hai jaise mujhe toh kuch pta hi nai hai. As if mai toh wedding attend hi pehli baar kr raha hu.

Anjali (glaring at Arjun): Arjun aap...

Sonam (interrupting their fight): Bhai!! Bhabi!! Dande doon kya?? Aise ladayi ka mazaa nai aa raha.

Both of them realized that they were arguing like kids n that too in front of their families who were all trying hard to control their laughter. So they kept quiet out of embarrassment.

Nani: Chaliye. Muhurat ka samay ho raha hai.

They all left for the pooja. They were all made to sit according to their couples, with Arnav & Khushi in the front. The pooja took two hours n then the couple took blessings from Devi Maiyya as well as the elders.

Nani: Toh ab se rasmein shuru. Kal sagai hai or uske baad shaadi ki taiyyari shuru.

Sonam: Nani, aapke yahan sagai k baad konsi rasmein hoti hain??

Nani: Bitiya, sagai k baad haldi, mehendi, sangeet or fir shaadi.

Sonam: Haldi kb hai??

Payal: Its Friday today. Tomorrow is sagai. N next Saturday is the wedding. So we can have haldi & mehendi on Thursday & sangeet on Friday. Haina Dadi ji??

Nani: Haan. Aisan then rahega bitiya. Taiyyari ka samay b mil jaega.

Sonam: Nani aapke yahan sagai kal k baad haldi se pehle toh koi rasam nai hai na??

Nani: Nahi bitiya. Kyu Kya baat hai??

Dinesh: Nani ji wo huare yahan beti ki shaadi se pehle usse paanch kund nahane hote hain. Humare yahan mante hain k kanyadaan se pehle kanya ki shuddhi ki jati hai. Toh agar yahan kuch kaam nai ho toh hume Khushi ko le k jana pdega apne saath.

Sonam: We'll b back by Wednesday.

Nani: Hume aitraaz kyu hoga. Har ghar ki apni kuch rasmein hoti hain. Aap shonk se apni beti ki shaadi ki saari rasmein poori kijiye. Kb jana hai aapko??

Dinesh: Sunday.

Arnav was shocked. Three days without Khushi?? No way!! He pleaded through his eyes to Anjali.

Anjali: Fir toh hum b saath challenge. Jana kahan kahan hai??

Rohan: We'll start with Mathura. There is Radha Kund near Govardhan. We'll go there first n then we'll continue our journey to Haridwar the same day. We won't have time to stay n it's going to b a quite hectic journey.

Lavanya: Wow!! Even I want to go. It will b fun. Even I want to visit these places. Have never been there before.

NK: Can we join too??

Mami: Hello hii bye bye. Wo konu rasam hai NK bitwa. Traditions!! Tumra second honeymoon nai.

NK was embarrassed as the others laughed.

Mamaji:  Waise theek hi hai Manorama. Bachho ko jane dete hain. Tb tk kaam hum dekh lenge. Jb mehmaan aane shuru hone hain tb tk toh bachhe aa hi jaenge.

Dinesh: Bilkul. Even m not going. Bachhe hi ja rahe hain. Arjun-Anjali, Rohan-Lavanya, Khushi or Sonam jane wale the. Rishi toh jaega hi saath.

Nani: Toh fir theek hai. Aap sb b ghoom aaiye. NK-Sapna or Akash-Payal ko b thodi chhutti mil jaegi.

Arnav stayed quiet, listening to all the plans. He still couldn't believe that they all were making a plan leaving him behind. So not fair!!

Anjali: Nani, kyu na Chhote ko b saath le jae??

Nani: Chhote or dharmik jagah pe??

Anjali: Isse accha mauka toh hume mil hi nahi sakta inhe jagah jagah mandir ghumane ka. Oe inki majboori, ye hume kuch keh b nai skte.

Nani: Agar jaate hain toh le jaiye.

Sonam smirked n pinched Khushi secretly.

Sonam (muttering so only Khushi & Arnav could listen): If not second, then definitely pre-wedding honeymoon for someone. Or should I say a mini honeymoon??

Arnav gave his lop-sided smile n Khushi blushed profusely.

Next Day - Engagement

The engagement was decided to b held at RM. The guests were there and the family members were busy taking care of the guests. The bride's family had not yet arrived & Arnav was getting impatient to see his wife.

Finally they arrived & Arnav was lost seeing his Khushi in a red choli & blue lehenga with green dupatta. She had left her hair loose n looked stunning.

On the other hand, Khushi saw Arnav looking devilishly handsome in his black attire. They greeted everybody & then the pandit told them to start the ceremony.

Mami did Khushi's tilak while Amma did Arnav's. Then they were told to exchange the rings.

Arnav held Khushi's hand and gently placed the ring on her ring finger. Everyone clapped & wolf whistled. 

Next, Khushi slowly & carefully slipped the ring on Arnav's finger. There was a huge applause followed by crazy wolf-whistling. They took blessings from the elders & then Akash pulled the couple on the dance floor. The family joined along with other couples & guests.

It was a highly hyped event as the media knew about it. There were reporters outside RM but media was kept out of the event. It was a family function n no reporters were allowed. They were just told that the pictures of the event would b released later.

Sonam was very happy as finally her Dii was getting the happiness she had waited for. She was beaming to see her Pari Dii laughing & smiling freely, her smile giving away the happiness she was feeling at the moment. Rishi silently came next to her n squeezed her hand, letting her know that he was there with her. They saw khushi dance with Arnav & the rest of the family, teasing Arnav & fooling around with NK.

After the guests left, they were all sitting in the living room chatting about their plan for the next day.

Nani: Arjun bitwa, sb packing ho gai?? Kono cheez ki zarurat ho toh bta do.

Arjun: Nai nai nani. All done. Packing mein toh Anjali expert hai. I didn't even get to know when she packed.

Mami: Lagta hai Anjali bitiya holidays k liye kuch zyada hi utawali hai, humra matbal hai very exciteds. Hello hii bye bye.

Everyone laughed while Anjali just blushed & Arjun suddenly found a half-filled glass of water quite interesting.

Nani: Payal bitiya, aapki packing ho gai??

Payal: Ji Dadi ji. Sb ho gya.

Nani: Or Sapna bitiya ki??

Sapna: Ji Dadi. Ho gai.

Nani: Or Chhote aapki??

Arnav: Nai nani. Abi krni hai.

Nani: Toh aap pehle packing kr lijiye. Subeh jaldi nikalna hai.

Arnav: I need help nani. Baad mein kr lunga.

Anjali (getting his meaning): Haan toh Khushi ko sath le jao na. Waise b ab ek hafte mein ye zimmedari unhe sambhalni toh hai hi. Practice ho jaegi.

Nani shared a knowing smile with Anjali as Arnav & Khushi left for Arnav's room.

Nani: Bas ab inki khushiyon ko kisi ki buri nazar na lage.

Sonam: Don't worry nani. Ab sb theek hoga.

Arnav's Room

Khushi (as soon as she entered the room): Chaliye aap bag dhund k dijiye hume, hum aapki packing kr dete hain.

Arnav (mischievously): Konsa bag Khushi?? (pointing towards a bag which was lying near the wardrobe, packed) Wo wala??

Khushi's lips formed an 'O' as she realized that Arnav had tricked her to come to his room alone. Arnav immediately pecked her lips resulting in Khushi's sudden gasp.

Arnav: I had cautioned u about this expression. Har baar yehi karunga.

Khushi (hitting his arm playfully): Aapne jhooh kyu kaha??

Arnav: Sach kehta k mujhe tumhare sath akele mein thda time chahiye toh kya gharwale tumhe aane dete??

Khushi: Aapne ramanchi ki.

Arnav: Haan ki cheating, toh??

Khushi didn't say anything. She just left the room to go to her favorite place, poolside.

Khushi stood near the pool staring at the stars when Arnav came & hugged her from behind.

Khushi (resting her head on his shoulder): Humare amma babuji khush honge na??

Arnav (tightening his hold): Humare amma babuji humare liye bohat Khushi honge Khushi. They would b proud of us today. We faced all the hardships & we r finally together.

They stayed like that for some time, watching the stars, talking about what they wanted, what they felt. Everybody left for their respective homes & finally quite late in the night, Arnav reched Mehta Mansion as usual.

Khushi's Room

They were lying on bed, thinking about the next day.

Khushi: It's sort of a small trip before the hectic wedding rituals.

Arnav: M glad we will get some time together.

Khushi: Hmm. But we'll b travelling a lot.

Arnav: I know. It will b tiring. Let's sleep. We won't b getting much rest while on this trip.

Khushi hugged him & within minutes she was sound asleep. But for Arnav, sleep was the last thing on his mind. He stayed with her for some time n then left for RM as he knew that the next morning will come too early n he needed to reach RM before the others wake up. He was looking forwards to this trip. They all were.

Precap for Ch 55-C:

Trip. 😉

Question:

According to my original plan, I had decided to give details for all the ceremonies but there r many readers who get bored of too much detailing. So please tell me if u want me to continue in detail or cut short the ceremonies?? Chapter 55 has four parts in total from A to D. Please bear with me. Chapter 59 will b the last chapter n only epilogue will b remaining after that. There r no other chapters which will have sub parts as of now. I'll b waiting for ur feedback to plan the next updates accordingly.

Edited by archa2810 - 10 years ago
vishruta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
AWESOME AWESOME UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLS CONTINUE SOOOnnn...
rkapoor1382 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow thts awesome
Love the way he as a boyfriend comes to.meet khushi
Ya dnt giv detailed wedding rituals
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
four parts to this
chalo koi nahin
as long as at the end our arhi get married man
awww their love is blossoming
not to forget they get to experience all aspects of their relationship
secretly meeting and what not
haiyye main mar jawan
all this is such fun for sure
as long as arhi get more and more time to spend with each other then things get interesting
so mini HM or not they shall be together
cant wait for more of their ceremonies
and all is going well
they are finally getting their lost happiness and love
cheers for pm
lakshyaNkt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
as far as the ceremonies do what u have planned for 
thnx 
AnupamaJY thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
loved the update!!!
that was awesome!
waiting for the next update!!!!
Asrkkgsr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice part.pre marrisge rituals are superb.waiting for there trip
arnavkhushi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update
Continue soon
akanksha84 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful update I don't mind ritual details let the romance blossom! !