Blast from the Past Thread #8, pg 126, ep 98 - Page 83

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

OK INDI in blue that was the motive and is still and in purple yes good intentions, honesty , without reasons all is the main coarse of life but there some where in your life you get to point where all this seems as its not working but it does not mean you leave these things aside, the thing what I am trying to say there are moments when you feel and stop  to ask where the heck I am wrong and what am I doing wrong because when everything goes in the negative way you have no light.Yes as Khushi tried our best and then there is "Bhagyea" Fate you can't fight with it.Its there yes you can do whatever and leave it to God but some moments do shake your belief as He is taking test ,exam and we are doing experiments to deal with it but results are always not what you want but if the # of failure results get bigger you go insane  and sometimes give up and that is the point where again HIS presence makes you get up and do what you got to do but some really lose their hopes, go insane, commit sins or suicides as this is unbearable I know this because I've been there.Words sound good but when you are right at that spot and gun is at your forehead then forget it.

@Horizon yes her belief on DM is way too strong and that's what makes her get up and do what she got to do.But Anjali has weak belief as she tried to kill her child and that was a weak and coward move.As you mention in previous post I shouldn't have regrets.I never regret my friend especially when I take step forward then "Peeche mud keh nahin dekhna" but these moments while watching show comes back then "Zakhum hare ho jate hain" that's it other wise Life made me very strong and yes as a human we all cry so do I but then I don't take forever to put myself on the track and that is life as Indi said Experiments yes life is full of em

arshi,

i know what you mean. and that's why if you notice i have a  caveat. 

there is randomness.

terrible things for no reason.

wonderful things for no reason either.

struggling with it is killing at times.

but still, something in me believes, it is not all fate... your life is not all written by another, you do a bit of the writing too. just my way of thinking, others are equally valid. whatever helps on live is fine with me. 

god is an idea that perplexes many. all those who suffer, even many who don't. i guess the idea is such, it is vast, and the wondering never ends. 

@Indi, agree, we give all this (un)due importance to fate, as perhaps it is not pre destined as such but is just random! The result of as mundane as a cricket match may not be after all predestined but was determined by the big bucks of some bookies, but who knows becos of their good/ bad karma they were "destined" to favor a specific team!! So, there is no way of knowing it how much ever we experiment ..:).

As Jiddu Krishnamurti said "A man who is conscious of detachment ceases to be detached"! So this sense of detachment has to be shown only when it is required probably at the end when one has to face the result (fate?). One has to probably show a total sense of attachment while doing the task and an opposite detachment after one attains the result so as to perform the next task.  A rather difficult cycle of attachment and detachment but probably necessary to keep doing karma, even for one who writes one's own destiny! As a firm believer of Karma theory, I try to take forward only the moral from my previous regrets/ errors, but NOT the bitterness associated with it as such.

And, one's actions certainly can change the course of things, but not their ultimate result as most of the times it involves more than one doer and one way of things! So while the belief of "ahem bhrahmasmi" is extremely important, at the end of the day karma theory keeps the world order rolling! I guess that is the whole essence of being blessed with the supreme form of life, that is being a human, blessed with the power of discretion.. with their will power and good karma, taking a better/ a righteous route is certainly in their hands although destination as such may not, which again may be random!

@Arshi, I don't think Anjali's belief as such was weak becos her devotion never waned and it was only a weak moment for her about the baby. So her belief system in God essentially worked as a support system for her as she is NOT as strong as ASR or Khushi both of whom had the guts to abandon the Supreme power and solely rely on themselves, ofcourse for ASR it was in decades where as for Khuhsi it was a few weeks/ months she stopped talking to DM! I am again sorry for you and totally applaud your efforts/ ability to move on. Wish you all good luck in this fight back in/ with life!

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Oh, yes, of course, 'Woh kaun thi'. For some reasons, I always mix up both the names. Both had Sadhana in double roles. But, thankfully, I haven't mixed up the stories and songs. πŸ˜† 

Thanks for the song. 'Sirimalle neeve'. Oh, I do like this song. Never knew it was from this movie.

Yes, Sobhan Babu in Illalu. I like his style of acting, never too dramatic, good voice and dialogue delivery, never ott. And, of course, good looking and quite stylish, our own Soggadu. 😊  Somehow, as I was thinking of him, felt that he would have been a good ASR. Don't you think? 

Oh God Durga, I can never imagine anyone else as ASR.. but for Barun.. not even SRK or Hritik or even some of the Hollywood hotties. πŸ˜†

(although I am willing to let George Clooney give an audition πŸ˜†).. No one but the man with the smoldering brown eyes and husky voice!! 

Sobhan Babu, while undoubtedly one of  the most handsome, don't kill me.. but his voice and dialogue delivery falls flat. :)
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: hd75

Loving this discussion. those are exactly my views, Indi...there is randomness in life, things for which we have no answers and we call that fate but if you do look back later, may be your own actions caused what you thought was random at that point of time. God, destiny, fate - how much of this is true? "Baat sach ya jhoot ki nahin, baat vishwas ki hai", didn't someone say that?

I certainly would like to believe that we have a hand in writing our own destiny but the madness that life turns out to be sometimes, makes you wonder if someone else is writing a parallel track πŸ˜†

Yes, thats the key word, Vishwas. Faith in God. My grandmom, who suffered a lot in life like Sita, and by coincidence her name was Sita used to say we only see a small portion of the big picture and base our idea about our joy and suffering on that. If we had seen the bigger picture,that is visible only to God, we would have known that our suffering could have been ten times greater. 
Horizon thumbnail
[

@Arshi, I can't watch it with my hubby around, let alone kids. not sure whats wrong with me!!:)

@BW, was it even allowed on saintly SP on a prime time show?? I remember some slogans when Maryada ended to move IPK to that 10 PM  slot. Even then, Barun and Sanaya would have NEVER agreed for that! But the much promised rain song would have been great... it would have been Shola in Shabnam..:)

I am not a achchi bachchi, but it is true what Horizon says, I can't watch some sizzling scenes like Diwali almost kiss, haldi scene in room alone and the scene at farmhouse with my hubby looking on! More than being embarrassed I think I don't want to share it with him! Does that make sense?

@Wiwy: You make a lot of sense my dear.. things that are so very close and special to our heart we tend NOT to share with anyone.. like ASR- Khushi encounters strictly remained between them not shared even their siblings for whom they were ready to go through hell (or so we thought until mamiji blew if off on Sangeet day about their Diwali kiss:)). Some times I feel I am almost cheating on my hubby as in "pati, patni aur woh" and we all know who that "woh" is!!πŸ˜† Just like the tranquil pool side, silent stars, payals.. and chabis remained the silent witnesses to their passionate feelings.. our respective laptops and ipads will serve as the same for us!!πŸ˜†

wiwy thumbnail

@Wiwy

Two of your posts lead to interesting discussions. One about chemistry, which lead to branching out into each and every other part of science available. Thankfully, it ended before it went out of limits. πŸ˜† 

The other one, a more somber topic, about fate and its effects, superstitions, beliefs, our duties, our thought process during difficult times, the repercussions of our deeds, etc. This discussion has been the most interesting one I have read on this thread. Thank you for these discussions.

@All

I believe whatever happens, happens for a reason. I would like to talk w.r.t. IPK story. Arnav and Anjali, both victims of a tragedy, turned into different types of individuals. One a non-believer, arrogant and non-trusting, the other naive, blindly trusting, religious, God-fearing and superstitious at times. Now, because of Shyam, Khushi entered Arnav's life and because of her, Arnav mellowed down. He could overcome his past and live life peacefully.

On the other hand, Anjali always got hints that maybe Shyam was lying, but she chose to overlook them and decided to have full faith on him. Anjali got the biggest shock of her life when she got to know about the true face of Shyam. She kicked him out, and with him went her insecurities of life. I believe, post Shyam, Anjali has become stronger. No more insecurites about relations. Because of Shyam she was able to get over her tragedy, and is now more confident. If the story had progressed, she surely would have found a suitable life partner.

I hope I've been able to put my point across.  

All in pink...aawww! Sweet of you to say that , Durgey! I was actually wondering if I should post my thoughts on superstition, on fate. But I just said what the! and did. The discussion was taken forward by our Captain Indi with others following close at her heels. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw tonight what an interesting discussion was in progress.
Chemistry discussion's trophy should go to BD's lip-lock! πŸ˜‰Ofcourse, I would have resumed discussion on that one if there were not so many achchi bachchis (credit to BD) and schoolkids on the thread!
I loved what you said about Arnav And Anjali, how tragedy made them two different persons (highlighted in green) And yes, what happens happens for a reason. I just want to say one thing about Anjali. I think she was too dependent on the men in her life.  That's why even the brother she loved and cared for so much could tell her when angry, "yeh mera ghar hai" prior to rakshabandhan  and something to  the same effect before Kanya puja. 

wiwy thumbnail

Wow, Kate (Can I call u that?), this is too good. What's Ahbi? Thanks for these and also for the sbs/sbb videos.  

So, you've got up early or yet to sleep? Yesterday, I thought u got up early, but instead you bid goodnight with those pics. 😳 

Lovely Kate. I'm sure I can call you that too.😊 Your friend is really really good at this. And thanks for your very interesting explanation of Ahbi. Where were you when my family was deciding a name 
for my son 14 years ago?! That scar on Barun's left eyelid is going to keep me awake all night! I will then watch the SBB, SBS segments and eat jalebis all night! What the! Might as well resign myself to my fate!😭
wiwy thumbnail

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work. If you do, please give credit.

Episode: 93
A dhakka to the dhak dhak πŸ˜‰ 

Parody on the song 'Dhak dhak karne laga' from the movie 'Beta'

Dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane laga
Gaadi jo beech mein ruk gayi, wo driver ke seat pe baith gayi
Aur main dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane lagaaa...

Seedhey seedhey dhakka jo lagaane laga
Wo daayaan baayaan, baayaan daayaan karne lagi
Apni taakat pe guroor tha, Khud dhakelne ki zid karne lagi
Maine usko taala bada, par mushkil tha uska chup rehna
Uski badbad se tang hua, uski zid ko maanna hi pada
Sarka, zara na sarka, gaadi ki tyre hi phat gayi

Apni haalat pe hasaa, paagal ke saath jo phansaa...
πŸ˜†

Translation: 

I am pushing, pushing the car
The car which stopped in the middle, she sat in the driver's seat
And I'm pushing, pushing the car

I was pushing the car straight
She started doing right, left, left, right
She was over confident about her strength, wanted to push herself
I ignored her a lot, but it was difficult for her to be quiet
I got fed up with her blabbering, had to give in to her demand
It didn't move a bit, the car's tyre got punctured

I laughed at my own situation, I am trapped with this mad person
πŸ˜† 

The poem had me ROFLing 🀣  from the first line to the last...
πŸ˜†
Ha ha Durgey! Tu paagal hai par cute hai!
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

[

@Arshi, I can't watch it with my hubby around, let alone kids. not sure whats wrong with me!!:)

@BW, was it even allowed on saintly SP on a prime time show?? I remember some slogans when Maryada ended to move IPK to that 10 PM  slot. Even then, Barun and Sanaya would have NEVER agreed for that! But the much promised rain song would have been great... it would have been Shola in Shabnam..:)

I am not a achchi bachchi, but it is true what Horizon says, I can't watch some sizzling scenes like Diwali almost kiss, haldi scene in room alone and the scene at farmhouse with my hubby looking on! More than being embarrassed I think I don't want to share it with him! Does that make sense?
[/QUOTE]

@Wiwy: You make a lot of sense my dear.. things that are so very close and special to our heart we tend NOT to share with anyone.. like ASR- Khushi encounters strictly remained between them not shared even their siblings for whom they were ready to go through hell (or so we thought until mamiji blew if off on Sangeet day about their Diwali kiss:)). Some times I feel I am almost cheating on my hubby as in "pati, patni aur woh" and we all know who that "woh" is!!πŸ˜† Just like the tranquil pool side, silent stars, payals.. and chabis remained the silent witnesses to their passionate feelings.. our respective laptops and ipads will serve as the same for us!!πŸ˜†

[/QUOTE]
hehehe, hahaha, hohoho.πŸ˜†πŸ€£
I'm feeling a pang of pity for all you married women!
I'm so proud of my singlehood!.Uff i can go to Arshi's world whenever I want.
i wish I could put a permanent zip on my mom's mouth, who can't think anything else but my marriage.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
friends this is my index thread  I started  please visit when you find time

long time back when the show ended I created this  thread

Edited by chalhov - 11 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work. If you do, please give credit.

Episode: 93
A dhakka to the dhak dhak πŸ˜‰ 

Parody on the song 'Dhak dhak karne laga' from the movie 'Beta'

Dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane laga
Gaadi jo beech mein ruk gayi, wo driver ke seat pe baith gayi
Aur main dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane lagaaa...

Seedhey seedhey dhakka jo lagaane laga
Wo daayaan baayaan, baayaan daayaan karne lagi
Apni taakat pe guroor tha, Khud dhakelne ki zid karne lagi
Maine usko taala bada, par mushkil tha uska chup rehna
Uski badbad se tang hua, uski zid ko maanna hi pada
Sarka, zara na sarka, gaadi ki tyre hi phat gayi

πŸ˜†

Translation: 

I am pushing, pushing the car
The car which stopped in the middle, she sat in the driver's seat
And I'm pushing, pushing the car

I was pushing the car straight
She started doing right, left, left, right
She was over confident about her strength, wanted to push herself
I ignored her a lot, but it was difficult for her to be quiet
I got fed up with her blabbering, had to give in to her demand
It didn't move a bit, the car's tyre got punctured

I laughed at my own situation, I am trapped with this mad person