Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga to go off air in April?

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga to go off air in April?
Jag-Janani-Maa-Durga

Barely three months after its much-publicised launch, Colors' Jag Janani Maa Durga is tipped to go off air. Despite all the effort, the mythological show has failed to create any waves.

Unlike its counterpart, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, which is the number one show of Life OK, Maa Durga has been dwindling between a rating of .9 and 1.

Apparently, the channel had asked the production house to bring in some changes in the content, which would help them rake in the TRPs,but even that didn't help. Also, there was a buzz that the channel was planning to make it a bi-weekly show. But the latest is, they have decided pull it off air.

Says a source, "The show has been under the scanner because it failed to meet the channel's expectations. Due to its ever-dipping TRPs, the channel had already given an ultimatum to the cast and crew of the show. Now, they have finally decided to pull the plug on it. The last date of telecast has not yet been decided. But chances are, the show might breathe its last in the first week of April." Producer Shiv Sagar didn't revert to our text message.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
there is no comparison with Mahadev , Mahadev is successful for its presentation , narration and story telling  and humanization of Gods and obviously because of romantic touch

DKDM changed people's expectation about Mytho.shows now people wants not only glorious tale but a different story telling genre

JJMD never tried to show touch of human kind and also the stories had lack of research

and there was no good actors except Durga and little Durga
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think colors must be not pulled of JJMD as it very knowledgeable spiritual show.

Please, friends if you want to watch the show continue then say something here,because if we will not say something,they will end it,now we have to speak...

Please, make the new timings at 11.00AM on Sunday to give competition with Ramayan or every Sat-Sun at 7.00PM slot...

Please, reply me...

I love the show very much.  
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Surely damage is already done since they have moved quickly to mahishasaur story and wizzing through it much faster than durgam story, no doubt it will reach its conclusion by end of next week where colors can pull it of stating they gave a proper ending.😡
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: angelic8219

Surely damage is already done since they have moved quickly to mahishasaur story and wizzing through it much faster than durgam story, no doubt it will reach its conclusion by end of next week where colors can pull it of stating they gave a proper ending.😡

Thanks...but many stories are yet to show in it,why colors always done like this??

Even no new promos or serial is going to onair as there are no news regarding it on net...

Even at 7.00 PM slot...

This all shows are fail in TRPs...

1] Bhagyavidhata
2] Havan
3] Kairi
4] Hamari Saas-Lila

angelic8219 thumbnail
True there are loads of stories, but some how I always knew it would get pulled off soon as that is what happened to previous shows in the same slot. Had the sagars not dragged it in the first place maybe the ratings would have been slightly better. It was a good start then lost its way and then they speeded it up like no tomorrow, I'm disappointed that the show with so much potential is treated this way. Edited by angelic8219 - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
The show had many faults. And sagars did not tey hard to atxh ip to expectations, they thought their run off mill formula will work again. So thats why.
angelic8219 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tannipartner

The show had many faults. And sagars did not tey hard to atxh ip to expectations, they thought their run off mill formula will work again. So thats why.

I have to agree they ran it like their previous shows they added to much irrelevant content and not enough of actual story if your going to added loads of made up content then the sagars are better off doing a usual serial what the point of doing an mytho serial if you never gonna follow the actual story. Find it funny that kalkey is missing from the serial it's obvious he is made up and they decided they can't carry this story on hence they have made him into a coward who has run off. Why add made up characters in the first place?
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: angelic8219

I have to agree they ran it like their previous shows they added to much irrelevant content and not enough of actual story if your going to added loads of made up content then the sagars are better off doing a usual serial what the point of doing an mytho serial if you never gonna follow the actual story. Find it funny that kalkey is missing from the serial it's obvious he is made up and they decided they can't carry this story on hence they have made him into a coward who has run off. Why add made up characters in the first place?

sagars always do that, instead of introducing the known stories, properly, they try to fiddle with it. they did it with dwarakadheesh too. But at that time DKDM was not there. Even DKDM's content are not true to scriptures, but overall presentation right from beginning to acting was top notch in initial days, which helped the show to reach where it is now.

Whereas, the Sagars got stuck in loop, average to mechanical typical mytho acting, circumventing and wasting time with  unnecessary events , rather than presenting the real story, substandard presentation and taking viewers for granted is the reason of the failure of the show.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This is a shame, but I blame Colors more than JJMD in this case.  First of all, the show is aired at 7pm - who on earth watches TV then?  People who watch afternoon shows are then getting ready for people out (spouses, kids, etc) coming home, and people who watch evening shows are either on the road or just getting home.  The worst time to air any serial.  I recall how on Imagine TV, Rakt Sambandh, which had decent TRPs that were just picking up, dropped like a rock once it was shifted from 10pm to 7pm.

Now to the JJMD part.  If a story is not as well known as Ramayan or Mahabharata, it is a good idea to populate it w/ either famous or good actors.  DkDM charted the way - the first few months when they were showing Shiva/Sati's stories, a lot of it was made up, but the cast was very well chosen, and every one did brilliantly their roles.  In this serial, the Durgas are the only ones carrying the show.

As Tan pointed out, in Dwarkadheesh, they tried running the story on just Krishna & Sudama, but failed miserably.  They went from a mediocre cast initially to a downright abominable cast later.  As a result, even their Mahabharat track failed to gain traction.

This show did have a lot of potential, since it would have featured little known stories about Ma Durga that are known by few people other than priests.  But they lost this golden opportunity.  Similarly, even DkDM did an abominable job showing (so far) the killings of Mahishashur, Raktabheej and Dhoomralochan, so a part of the potential that they had to show this full thing is also lost.  I hope that at some point, DkDM tries doing this right in a retcon, such as showing someone in the serial narrating the full proper story and doing it justice.

The other thing I didn't get - if Colors had the idea of combating LifeOK by running this Durga serial, why didn't they run it right opposite DkDM?
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago