Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey guys...to all those celebratin Holi...Happy Holi!!! (i personally don't celebrate the festival)

This VM Is by Rag1ni
(check out the end..its hilarious ๐Ÿ˜†)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAqDZwYGnOY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fPBfzVisQ[/YOUTUBE]

You'll be left smilin after watchin both...the 1st hilarious nd the second is really adorable nd sweet one ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by supriya.arshi - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^ samin, hi,

that's a most touching and sensitive take on the barsi episodes ๐Ÿ‘. yes, i wonder too if those that leave us somehow look out for us... actually at the point when the little girl in the mandir touched his face there was a sense of his mother having sent her to take care of her son in his hour of need. i didn't notice the gangajal and flowers thing, but now that you mention it, yes those were the things khushi touched.

really liked what you said about nani i had never quite fully appreciated the fact that how well jayshree t did nani. she added depth and layers with her interpreatation , and despite heavy make up, truly expressive face. the woman looking at her daughter's picture, just feeling the wrenching at the loss of a child which only a mother can, how expertly she delivered it with just one look. fantastic.

about his mom and khushi. i have never felt that he gave anjali his mother's place. he loved her with all his heart and she perhaps was the reason he still wanted to live and remain active and focused, make money, succeed. but it really wasn't until khushi came that his completely locked away mother place, held in that scream ever present in him, was opened bit by bit and she was allowed in. in fact, if he gave anyone a place near his mother ever it was khushi. as the years would pass, khushi would possibly occupy more and more space, and he will see in her some of that mother's love. as she will start seeing traces of her babuji in him.

very garbled me, hope you can make out what i am trying to say.

i enjoyed your thoughts on chanchan. i haven't seen it, and won't be. but really ipk was ipk, rags or not.

thanks. and where are your colours? miss them.

TheCuriousCase thumbnail
Indi๐Ÿค— this is specially for you... I actually relive IPK through this post๐Ÿ‘

Frankly speaking I never watched initial episode. I came across IPk when Lavanya entered their house and kushi started training her. Got hooked from then till end๐Ÿ˜†

Though I have watched arnav and kushi scenes from the starting in you tube, never watched the whole episodes of initial days.

Thank q so much. U guys rock. U really do thesis and practicals on each and every episode. I never did that kind of analysis when I hav watched that๐Ÿ˜†

Thanq once again dear๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

in that maroon red brown color (idk what to call it), i never thought of it like that!!!๐Ÿ‘

@ pink bold: Thats what exactly it should have been otherwise it makes no sense what so ever for an elderly supposedly conservative woman who would ponder a 100 times before sending her niece to work, how could she fall so easily for a guy who came from no where? In fact Payal was shown to be more sensible when she hesitates initally to bring Shyam as the PG with 2 young girls in the households! Honestly, Shyam did as much or even more jadoo on Buaji as ASR did on Khushi! Not sure if ASR truly needed a redemption track after how thinks turned in the supposed hate marriage but till date I miss a decent remorse track for Buaji the way she pushed Khushi to get engaged to Shyam!

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
the Shortest nd Cutest Arshi Holi Promo's ๐Ÿค—

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYgp9nZpI0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEdIlgK9oQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hope u all hav a Colorful Life Ahead of you โค๏ธ

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Wonderful analyses lovely ladies. That ASR forgiving Garima was just not done! It was a different contrived transformation after how he shouted "maa" just before reaching the altar. The makers had indeed set the bar too high... so high that it was not even in sight later on!
Not sure if I miss ASR per se... or the ASR in ASR  or may be both!

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kushikumari

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— back at you, Indi.
Will definitely join you once i catch up. Am loving, loving this thread as it's centered around ASR. a clean, clear understanding of the thoughts and feelings behind his words, silence, actions and looks. Makes him even more adorable. Of course, not disputing the "feeling and looking even better second time round"... u betcha, i agree.

Just completed thread 4... long way to go still, and don't want to take you back to discuss what you must have covered at least a dozen times. the comment i was referring to might have been in thread 3? haven't gotten to asr's birthday yet, and i never will. one of the worst episodes in my opinion. anyway, as you say, its over, done with, nothing can change it now. 

Indi, have you noticed how kushi never listens to anyone? or discusses her thoughts? she goes right ahead and does what comes to her mind... sometimes not the best decision. there seems to be little or no regard for an elder's opinion, when it truly matters. this is how she is shown right from the beginning - be it deciding to go back to lucknow, or not deciding to, entertaining di's demands of coming to shantivan to mold lavanya, jumping from one small idea to another to make ends meet... without ever stopping to make a plan and give direction to her life. there is usually always a choice in  every situation and kushi has never been shown to consider her options, let alone discuss them. she also has a tendency to cut people off, without giving them a chance to voice their thoughts. considering both she and payal were brought up by the same parents... why then this stark contrast? is it a trust issue? but then, we never got a story on her. or is she a bit spoilt - as the younger of the two, did she always get away with a bit more of pushing her limits? because contrary to what we all thought and hoped, there is no sad and devastating story- other than her losing her parents at the age of 8. Insecurities come with this, but that does not justify some acts. Besides, her family truly loves her and have brought her up as their own... would love to hear your thoughts on this. or do i just blame it on bad writing?

Cannot imagine a teenager not recognizing attraction. and an 18 year old to be "unaware" is hard to swallow. hormones are all over the place during those years. heart overtakes the mind and rules it. so, this innocent kushi is complete bakwas. i would have preferred her pondering on these feelings, confusion at feeling this way, being in denial, even being annoyed with herself, dealing with her feelings and asr's rejection, may be even talking about it with a close friend, because, let's face it, which girl would not talk about it? 

-kk

hi kk,

khushi bothers you i can see. actually, at this stage she did not really get to me. ok, a bit unreal, but i blamed it on the medium and the mass nature of things. i like her madness, her determination to be the one to solve the fam's problems, yeah she is 18 and tends to run into things without much thought, but at 18 i was impossible too, so...

about the attraction. i think the reason she can't process it is because in her head, he is not the kind of guy you fall for. growing up in a middle class home in lucknow, she possibly has the idea that the only kind of guy you feel anything for is a nice sweet fellow who is "humble" and soft spoken, and not "ghamandi," you know the kind of guy i mean. then along comes khadoos. rakshas. yells "get out," screams, shouts, throws aukat on her face, snaps her dori, uff that was bad, and yet when he is near, when he touches her in the rain, when he comes to save her, when he keeps quiet as she shouts, when she watches him with his girl friend, she feels things. i would think it would take a bit of time to understand what's happening to her.

it's much later, during payal akash wedding track, and before that during diwali that there was a chance to examine her feelings a bit more, but then the writers  went super silent on everything. in only one scene when she imagines she sees him everywhere, do words like "jab pyaar hota hai" come up. and when he devastates her with the marriage, she indicates a few times that she'd thought things were a completely different way between them, however... but no clarity.

oh no one treated khushi as a character. she was, like all the women of tv, a thing. to be manipulated at will and made more and more silly... this being labelled as "good girl" by channel.

but there was her ingenious cookiness. that was hers. and the writers gave her that. sanya made it adorable at times. i think more than anything else, her utter cuteness and sanak attracted asr. yes he liked her good heart and her way with his family, and her innate genuineness, also her love for her family.

but the way i saw it, he fell for her as a man for a woman, not as a concerned brother for a sweet family loving girl. the scenes where he connects with her viscerally are mainly to do with her craziness (cupboard, hot tea throwing apology, later her taking 300 rupees loan, etc.) or when she looked really hot/pretty... red sari, green sari, diwali sari, holi dance, etc., or when he is mad at her, and he is mad at her all the time in the beginning, he doesn't even know why sometimes. that was lovely. real. most unlike usual love stuff on tv.

i actually rofled when khsuhi dropped the flour tin on purpose when he cornered her in the kitchen... all the mad things to avoid him or settle a score were signs of a mercurial mind that was ready to use unconventional means to achieve an objective. the plan may not always be noble and above board, but that's what i liked about it. khushi was not full bahuria when she started out. she was a gutsy young woman, who despite her love of tradition and stuff was a bit offbeat and she had flaws. there was a bit of "manmani" tendency in her. from the very beginning. bout all that made her interesting.
post marriage, she was slowly turned silly, then completely unbearably into being achchi bahu.

ok i have rambled.

but while i know they never really were fair to khushi, the huge pity is, the basic character had lots of potential, and sanaya can be outstanding when she is given a chance.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: samin6

Episode 82-83:Arnav's parents barsi.
 It is said no one can really replace your own parents unless you allow them. I was also thinking no other show can really replace IPKKND. I watched Chanchan and I also watched Barun's interview and I guess watching them in the same period as watching episode 82 was a bad idea. Because I was thinking- what the this is not my Sanaya Khushi and our Arnav Bitwa Barun. Arnav looks aeons better in IPKKND then now and there we all were ok with his break because of his health, and Sanaya was more visible with even rags in Khushi then in Chanchan who was so well dressed. I hope no one was offended, but I was really missing my ARSHI.
During the Barsi- About Arnav : I understood one thing- Arnav never let anyone to replace his mother till Khushi came.  He never let anyone understand because he never thought anyone would. But when he saw Khushi and Anjali togather he understood that Khushi understands, and probably is the only one who understands. I felt as if he was jealous of Khushi- having one thing parents who love and adore her, for whom she can do anything and he does not have them. On the day of his parent's anniversary he learns she does not have her parents but an adoptive one- and he never even guessed in the small encounter he had with them. He knew he left her job in his office at his office inspite of herself because of a family who were willing to pay the one lac she owed him rather then let her work for him a single day. He knew she had a family who sent her away from Lucknow to Delhi so that she does not have to endure the burnt of disgrace he caused her. He knew she had a family who had paid for her to open a sweet shop because she wanted to. He saw her aunt confronting him when he went to give money for her to work.
  It is said that a mom always knows a child's heart. It really showed that even from hereafter Arnav's mom was trying to pacify her son by diverting his attention and ridiculing him with his hidden love for Khushi. He was putting flowers when Khushi had understood that it was his patent's death anniversary. Khushi was pouring the Gangajal for his parents when he interrupted her and took it away.  Those same flowers and gangajal drop during the prayers. It seemed as if when he was really missing his parents- his mom- his mom came and diverted his attention by things which would be associated with Khushi.
 The love of Gupta's for Khushi. She was their baby and though she was working they still knew she was their baby. When she came back home mom and aunt knew she was going to break down for dad and more concerned for her then dad. When she hugged her dad, he said-so petulantly- I am still breathing, more concerned about her daughter's pain watching him sick then his own sickness. It showed that she had fully accepted this family as her own. The Gupta's were happy to have Khushi and Khushi was happy to have them. They loved her antics, her pagalpaan, her Sanak and all. In seemed as if they knew , Arnav had shared with her his worst nightmare and pain and she still does not know what to think or do, and when her father got sick that opportunity was thankfully taken from her.
  Hypocrite Shyam : There he was attending Shashi because of Khushi and on the other had was not even caring to be beside his already wedded wife Anjali, who was paying for his whims on her parent's anniversary and had the ego to get upset because Anjali was cutting the telephone.
 Sweet Nani  : I was actually smiling at Nani's subtle actions in the beginning. Guess she is still having Khushi in mind for Arnav and Raizadas. She knows that Barsi things are done only by family members so that is why she asked her to bring Gangajal, not La or Mami or Anjali. It seemed as if she wants to tell her daughter, Arnav's Mom, "See what I have chosen for your son. I hope you approve. She she took all the things from me when I could not." Nice way of a grandmother to introduce  a prospective bride to mother in law. It must be very painful for her to loss her daughter so tragically and on the same day she was missing her though the rest of the time she was trying her best so that Arnav and Anjali never remember the tragic past associated with their mother.

@ Red: Agree with every word you have said Samin.
One way probably I feel happy that I don't see the any reflections of ASR and Khushi in BS and SI as that to some extent saves me  the torture of seeing them (ASR & Khushi) with their respective new partners!!
Edited by Horizon - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Wonderful analyses lovely ladies. That ASR forgiving Garima was just not done! It was a different contrived transformation after how he shouted "maa" just before reaching the altar. The makers had indeed set the bar too high... so high that it was not even in sight later on!
Not sure if I miss ASR per se... or the ASR in ASR  or may be both!

horizon, you are so right. put the two scenes next to each other and it's like two different stories. interestingly, i felt he never made eye contact with garima during that i want to get on with my life spiel, at the wedding, a certaincoldness in him toward her. i was half hoping that while he might have tried to forgive garima at a rational level, because he believed his father was at fault, also his feelings for khushi were too entrenched for him to just walk away, we'd still see a subtle re-emergence of tension. his unresolved feelings about about garima, his mother place hurting, and this leading to discord, distance, things. even that might have been acceptable. but what we got, aiya.

two asr's. where where? i want.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: itsmadsera

Indi๐Ÿค— this is specially for you... I actually relive IPK through this post๐Ÿ‘

Frankly speaking I never watched initial episode. I came across IPk when Lavanya entered their house and kushi started training her. Got hooked from then till end๐Ÿ˜†

Though I have watched arnav and kushi scenes from the starting in you tube, never watched the whole episodes of initial days.

Thank q so much. U guys rock. U really do thesis and practicals on each and every episode. I never did that kind of analysis when I hav watched that๐Ÿ˜†

Thanq once again dear๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

hi maddy (spelling?)

how are you? written something new? yes, we are the practicals, theory, history, geography, chemistry thread on ipk. whoever thought we'd all get so carried away and have so much fun. on 30th november i thought i'd better take sanyas, then i saw doc's blast from the past thread and now it's episode 83 and we are analysing, singing, chatting, psychoanalysing, writing poetry...

thanks so much for that hug. actually all at the thread are equal haqdar, i am only the guy who starts the thread at this point. hope to see you. initial episodes are some of ipk's best ones. did you see sorry today and the preparation for it yesterday? ๐Ÿ˜†

take care... se ya  ๐Ÿค—