News and Articles--- Yes Boss

harry_fan2 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Post all the news or articles regarding da show or da cast here.

Please do not post ne comments!!!!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harry_fan2 thumbnail
A serial success indeed!

BACK in 1985, when two Gujarati brothers started making low budget serials for DD, little did they know that 15 years on, they'd be counted among the most successful serial makers of India.

Yes Boss on Sabe TV, a new channelAfter making 35 sitcoms totalling over 3,000 episodes and around 2,000 hours of box office successes the Adhikari Brothers Markand and Gautam — are now onto even bigger things. Starting end-April they are launching a 24-hour Hindi channel, Sabe TV. To be beamed by Asiasat 3, it will be content-driven with 30 original prime time programmes to start with.

Melodramas like Pratishodh and Lekin, comedies like Yes Boss and Abhi To Mai Jawan Hoon plus thrillers, horror shows and a special kids band. There will also be three familiar sitcoms — Waqt ki Raftar, Shriman, Shrimati and Saudagar.

And going by the all-important response of cable operators, it appears Sabe TV is already on a winning wicket and is poised to give other channels a run for their shows.

CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Tickle your funny bone

SHOWBUZZ NETWORK | Friday, July 21, 2006 11:26:3 IST

Sab TV has lined up a host of comedy shows to entertain you all through the week

Starting from Monday, Sab TV has a line up of comedy shows promising to tickle your funny bone! The channel has developed four new shows – Ji Behenji, Party, Ishq Ki Ghanti and FIR in addition to a brand new season of the hit comedy series, Yes Boss.
Start the week with the funny and fearless 'Behenji' and her trials through the day-to-day crises of her decidedly non-traditional middle-class family. An average girl, her widowed mother and her nephew could well be a recipe for buckets of tears but not on this show. Rajeshwari Badola as Behenji supports the scrappy widow, setting the stage for their hilarious experiences, every Monday at 8:30 pm.
Tuesday will not be boring as Yes Boss is back with more office flirtations and an even bigger dose of confusion and chaos. It revolves around a couple who work in the same office. But there's a catch. The wife is the husband's boss. And there's another guy who's the wife's boss. Watch Yes Boss, every Tuesday at 8:30 pm.
On Wednesday, get set to roll with laughter, watching the escapades of three men in a rib tickling comedy, Ishq Ki Ghanti. Watch their quest for fun with the spa's gorgeous clients as Ballu tries to avoid his man bashing feminist wife while Venkat eats up the 'Prasad' his spiritually inclined wife offers him instead of romance. The two romance-starved men have to support their friend Dhokla Bhai who is terrified of his wife's wild fantasies. Starring Asif Sheikh, Gaurav Gera and Rajesh Balwani, the show will telecast at 8:30 pm.
Come Thursday, at 8:30 p.m., get ready to encounter the comic take on cops which combines crime, romance and comedy in FIR, which is a subtle satire on the police force. Each character in this cop station is a specimen itself that adds to the confusion and mayhem. The romance between the disguised inspector Pawan Putra Pandey and the woman sub inspector, a tomboyish woman makes the chowky all the more hilarious.
Weekends will be fun filled; entertaining with a bunch of off-beat party planners whose dedication to their job is such that no occasion is unworthy of a celebration. They celebrate anything - whether it's a 'My divorce came through' party, 'I just got myself fired' party, a 'Gangster party' or a 'My Centennial' birthday party. Watch Party every Friday at 8:30 pm.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&su bsection=showbuzz&xfile=July2006_tvtrack_standard294&child=t vtrack
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

SAB's tickling the funny bone

SAB, the original comedy channel, is back to doing what it does best. From July 24, the channel has introduced a new programming block Poore 32 Chahiye dedicated to comedies in the 8.30 pm band. The first to go on air is Ji Behanji starring Rajeshwari Sachdeva in the title role. Reminiscent of the yesteryear's Rajni, Rajeshwari's Behanji is the local messiah who fights for all just causes. The way she takes on the goons and those in the authority is purported to raise laughter. Dressed in a traditional salwar-kameez and a long oiled plait, this Behanji's only concession to modernism is the stylish moped on which she rides about. Talking about her role, the actress agrees that parallels can be drawn with Rajni "but you have to watch it to see how different it is". Ashwini Dheer, who is scripting the show, says he was inspired by his mother, wife and other Indian behanjis who, according to him, are the ones "who run the nation". Tuesdays are devoted to Yes Boss, the ongoing hit show of SAB about an office romance that never blossoms. It stars Rakesh Bedi, Kavita Kapoor, Sulbha Arya and Asif Sheikh. The show is nearing 500 episodes and the team is raring to go for another 500. "It's one show that hasn't fatigued me. Normally, when you do a show for so long, monotony sets in. But even today I look forward to going on the sets and shooting for Yes Boss," enthuses Rakesh. Asif claims that the entire unit is like a family to him while Sulbha promises that as long as she is there she will keep harassing Rakesh who plays her son-in-law and find admirable qualities in her daughter Kavita's boss, Asif. Ishq Ki Ghanti, which rings on Wednesdays, has taken a leaf out of hit comedy films Shaadi No. 1, Masti and No Entry. Accordingly, we have three married guys Asif Sheikh, Gaurav Gera and Rajesh Balwani looking for romance on the side. While Asif is saddled with a man bashing feminist wife, Rajesh's better-half is spiritually inclined, while Gaurav's wife is over-the-top, pun intended. Her fantasies are a source of terror to the mild-natured Gaurav. The three guys team want to start a gym for women and you can only imagine what the outcome will be! Says Gaurav Gera, "I enjoyed films like Kya Kool Hai Hum and Masti and always wanted to be a part of this kind of humour. Yet, I must confess, I was apprehensive about the sitcom being too bold but when I heard the script I realised it is just naughty."
And if you don't like it you can file a FIR on Thursday. And we vote it as one of the best shows to go on air. A satire on a police station, the humour is irreverent but scathing. "It's about simple cops who want to lead a trouble free life to the extent that they refuse to register complaints and if they do, try their best to leave it unresolved," explains Ashwini Dheer who's penning it. The first case to be handled by the cops includes a tomboyish woman sub-inspector, is that of a missing eyebrow! Watch it to see how the case is solved. Kavita Kaushik as the no-nonsense cop Chandramukhi Chauhan with a Haryanvi accent is a treat to watch. "My father retired as a cop and he is my inspiration. I have adapted his body language, attitude and tone," she reveals. It was her idea to adapt a Haryanvi accent as the "Maharashtrian accent has been done to death." Come Fridays, it's time to Party. A bunch of guys get together to form a group Let's Party and their job is to do just that. Like the wedding planners, this group led by Raja Hindustani (Deepak Raja), a finalist of Laughter Challenge, are experts at organising parties. The reason to party may be as varied as somebody celebrating a wedding anniversary, somebody throwing a bash for a divorce coming through or even as silly as a dog's birthday. The idea is to let your hair and have a blast. This show, however, promises more than just humour. Of the five new shows, this is the only one with a social message says Vikas Bahl, Senior VP and Business Head, SAB. "At every party the gang meets new people and explores their inter-relationships. For instance, a woman wants a party for her 25th wedding anniversary but at the bash, the gang realises that the husband and wife have not been on talking terms for ten years and they take it upon themselves to reunite them." As Deepak Raja puts it, "it's our job to make people laugh but if it is followed by a message it is sone pe suhaga." That ends the line-up of new comedies in that block. "If we had more budget we would have extended the band to Saturday and Sunday also," sighs Vikas Bahl. Terming the shows as new-age comedies with differential treatment, Priya Mishra, Programming Head says, "these comedies are about real people with real relationships. There are no spoofs or slapstick comedies here." Now, whether they raise laughter or create a whimper is something we have to wait and watch. Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail

And so does Munisha Kotwani

Another character that enters the daily soap on Zee is Aishwarya Sen, a wannabe star played by Munisha Katwani. Her character has a comic twist. Says the young actress, "This character loves to imitate Hindi movie actresses, she has too much of attitude and thinks no end of herself. It is great fun to play such a loud character, a first for me." Munisha has earlier done comedy in Yes Boss as Heeru and Akting Akting as Geeta on Sony SAB. She has also worked in several dramas like Kalchakra and Sanjog. Currently, she is seen as Sonali, a simple Indian girl marrid to a NRI in Purab Ya Paschim on DD1. A dancer, Munisha also reads tarot cards.

shruti thumbnail

Sab TV which is best known for its humour has lined a comedy band called Poore 32 Chahiye. The channel has lined up four new shows titled Behanji, Ishq Ki Ghanti, FIR, Party from Monday to Friday. The show Yes Boss has also been brought back in this band. Behanji written by Ashwini Dheer stars Rajeshwari Sachdev. This show deals with Rajeshwari's trails through day to day crises.

Ishq Ki Ghanti by Adhikari Brothers is a nerve tickling comedy about three men. The show stars Asif Sheikh, Gaurav Gera, Rajesh Balwani and Sonia Kapoor.  FIR is a subtle satire on the police force. Each character in this station is specimen itself that adds to the confusion and mayhem. The show stars Kavita Kaushik as a tomboyish woman and makes the chowky all the more hilarious.

Party, a show by Rakhi Tandon is fun filled and entertaining with a bunch of off-beat party planners whose dedication to their job is such that no occasion is unworthy of a celebration. Yes Boss is a show that revolves around a couple who work in the same office where the wife is her husband's boss. This show stars Rakesh Bedi, Asif Sheikh and Kavita Kapoor.

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>
shruti thumbnail
Laughter therapy anyone?

Has it been a while since you last laughed? Can't find a reason? Worry not, the TV stars have taken a pledge to make you laugh till you say, "ab bas". A TV channel has brought in an interesting line of comedy serials and to promote them they came to Delhi. TV actors like Asif Sheikh, Kavita Kapoor, Rakesh Bedi, Gaurav Gera, Rakhi Tandon and many others had come with their bag full of hasi-mazak.
   You can easily imagine what the party must have been like with a room full of comedians. Kavita and Gaurav were seen trying out the different desserts together. Asif was also in his element cracking a joke or two with the guests as Charu, one of the producers, was busy inviting the stars to a party at her house.
   Rakhi, who is not acting in any of the serials, was also present in her 'never going to age' avatar. Movies are clearly part of her plans as she shared, "I want to be known as the female Boman Irani."
   Soon the food was laid out and everyone made a dash for the table. We overheard Asif Sheikh saying,
"Khalo na, jane kal ho na ho."
   Mandvi Sharma

CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Yes Boss - Yes complete Comedy

After the tiring day of 8-10 hours of work how can one relax oneself? See the tension-full serials of saaaaaaaaaas-baaaaaaaahu. No way! One needs some

really a good dose of comdey. And a real comedy...not a fake comedy to force someone laugh.

A great example of such serial is Yes Boss. (Saturday - Tuesday 8:30 pm).
Cast : Vinod Verma, Mohan Shrivastava, Meera Madam, Kavita Madam, Tanvir, Saddu, etc.

The story revolves around 3 characters (Vinod V. Meera and Mohan)(sometimes around buddha bunty and kavita madam).

Mohan Shri. is jealous of the personality of Vinod V. He is afraid that he might someday run away with his wife Meera b'coze he thinks that Verma is trying to attract Meera and actually Vinod V. is attracted to Meera and is awaiting when her old hubby will die and when ....

These three characters will make you laugh till your belly begins to pain. The comedy is really very well planned and the dialouges are marvellous. The director needs to be patted at the back for his marvellous direction.

The cast and acting of Vinod V. and Mohan is superb!

This prograame needs to really be applauded.
shruti thumbnail

From Monisha to Munisha

Astrology, numerology and tarot cards are influencing celebrities left, right and centre. TV actress Monisha Khatwani is the latest to join the bandwagon. The comic actress who is known for her role in Yes Boss on Sab TV has gone on to change her name from Monisha to Munisha in an effort to add some luck to her life and career. It was at the insistence of

Star numerologist Sanjay B. Jumani that Munisha choose 'u' over 'o'. And the positive effects are already showing. That's what Munisha says. She claims her financial situation and health have improved and she has also managed to bag a new role in a daily soap.
"I had no idea a mere spelling change could do such wonders. I am quite accident prone. Something or the other was happening to me last month. I met with a car accident, then my finger got jammed in the doorway and then I developed a cyst in my eye. But since the past three weeks no such accidents have taken place. I have signed a new project and all the money which was held up has come back," exclaims' Monisha, ooops Munisha.

Interestingly Munisha is a professional tarot card reader herself. One wonders why she needed the help of numerology to make things better. Wasn't she reading her cards right or does she think numerology helps one more? Munisha has worked in over 15 serials but still needs a breakthrough role which would put her on the A-list of actors. The name change might just give her a head start and she might be giving the Smriti Z. Iranis, the Anitas (Kanwal) and the Rajshree Thakurs a run for their money!

CuteFairy91 thumbnail

[QUOTE=Manoj_Tina fan]

Rajev and Delnaaz Paul

Made for each other

After Sharad Kelkar and Keerti Gaekwad, Hiten Tejwani and Gauri, real life couple Rajev and Delnaaz Paul team up for Balaji's new production, Karam Apna Apna. This serial is significant in the couple's life for many other reasons. This is the first time that Delnaaz is acting in a Balaji soap opera and has been paired opposite each other. Rajev says, "Though we were together in a serial called Parivartan in the early 1990's, we never really got the opportunity to share screen space as a couple. But Delnaaz was there only for two days, so we didn't really get to act together in a serial. Not many married couples get the opportunity to work with each other. The last time we worked together was on Nach Baliye dance competition. I am very happy. For once she will not say 'don't flirt with your co-star'," adds Rajev on a lighter note. The two are currently at Kolkata shooting for the serial. The serial also features Sumeet Sachdev, Vinay Jain, Salil Ankola, Apara Mehta and Shakti Singh.

[/quote]