Recently seen movies - 6(Page 73)

Posted: 2013-07-13T21:53:13Z
Despicable Me 2

This movie pleasantly surprised me. I didn't really expect to enjoy it so much. We saw this movie, this Saturday evening and the theater had several kids. Normally, kids tend to annoy me. But I think the giggling kids just added to the ambiance of the movie. It was really a laugh fest when the yellow minions are on screen. The kids loved them.

Ex super villain Gru is recruited by the anti-villain league to find and capture a new criminal mastermind. The story follows the intrigues of Gru as he tries to deduce who in the world the villain could be. There is also a cute sub plot as the three girls want Gru to get them a mommy. The minions are hilarious.

Also mind you, the theater was not just kids. There were several grown ups like me and also high school teens. You know a cartoon has mass appeal when high school kids don't mind being caught watching it.

8/10
0 Likes this
Posted: 2013-07-13T23:09:56Z
Fukrey

This was fun to watch. Funny as well. Some scenes were absolutely hilarious. 

Yet, the film doesn't do much because of the loose script. There isn't much of a plot. Lots of loopholes. A tighter script would have made the movie more fun and definitely more funny. There wasn't too much to the plot...very on-the-surface. 

For example, the crises in the love stories are very dull and unconvincing. On top of that, the love issues are overcomed very easily. And not to mention the lesson behind the drugs. Unconvincing.

Inconsistent script. I wasn't laughing because of the script...i was laughing because of the characters. If that makes sense. Lol. To re-word that better, i was more engaged with the characters than the plot. 

Many scenes work because of sharp dialogues and great performances. Hilarious performances is what makes you smile at the end of the movie. 
-I really liked Pulkit Samrat. His confidence was nice to watch...has lots of potential.
-Manjot Singh is getting better every movie. Its so nice to see him grow.
-Ali Fazal was pleasant to watch. I remember him from Kabhi Kabhi...has improved.
-Richa Chadda was decent. Raw but definitely has potential. This was the first movie i watched of hers. Need to watch the others.
-Priya Anand was wonderful,i thought. I would love to see her in a romantic role with someone...she has something about her that i can't help but like. Loved her in English Vinglish.
-Pankaj Tripathy was good as always. Wish there was more of him.
-Varun Sharma...he was the star of the movie for me. Hilarious kid.

A light-hearted, fun film. One time watch.
2.5/5.
1 Likes this
Posted: 2013-07-14T10:33:37Z
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani

Good time pass
I enjoyed watching it with my friends !!
2 Likes this
Posted: 2013-07-14T10:36:17Z
Aashiqui 2

I was so curious to watch this movie thanks to audience reviews but all I can say is seriously guys ?? Ermm

The movie was sooo bakwaaas..I cannot believe cheesy people still exist Pinch How can anyone waste their water bhaofying on this movie D'oh
2 Likes this

[Content Removed]

[Content Removed]

[Content Removed]
Posted: 2013-07-14T22:35:09Z
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag

This is a well made sports flick. It has a lot of heart and raw emotions. The movie takes us through the journey of Milkha Singh, his triumphs, his failures, his struggles in life and how he smiled his way through. Farhan Akhtar was phenomenal. He had easily transforms between humorous charm and rugged intensity. I found Sonam adorable in her brief role.

My only complaint was the length of the movie. It could so easily have been much shorter. There were just too many songs and several extended unnecessary scenes that dampened the narrative. And thats what stops this flick from being a Chariots of Fire.

7.75/10

Les Miserables

This is an outstanding movie. Everything is just fantastic about the movie. The cast is stellar, acting supreme, music wonderfully arranged. The struggles of pre-revolution France is magnificently captured.

Unfortunately, what makes a great musical does not a great movie make. The lack of dialogues is jarring. This would be quite an experience to watch on Broadway, but on screen - it just comes off as a bit tedious.

6.75/10

2 Likes this