Frequent Posters

Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Watched BMB

LOVED IT SOOO MUCH

Farhan Akhtar deserves the Best Actor πŸ‘

Divya Dutta was awesome.

Rakesh Mehra bounces back after Rang De Basanti.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Chennai Express review:
I have been waiting for the film since the trailer has been out. And as I collect my thoughts to write a review my first thought is that I am not at all disappointed with the film. Inspite of the decent trailer I was keeping my fingers crossed that the best parts were in the trailer itself. But thats not the case. The film is better than the trailer.
Now coming to what you should expect...the film is a comedy with a little action and a little romance. But as a comedy dont expect it to be like the Hrishikesh Mukherjee comedies with subtle acting. This is one OTT comedy with OTT acting from everyone. Hence though some might say SRK hammed like no tommorow I felt it fitted with the OTT happennings in the film. But despite the comedy being OTT it wasnt forced or simply a series of gags. It was more of a situational comedy. The dialouges were hilarious as it is in any RS film and were the highlight of the film. Most importantly the film actually had a story where things go from point A to point B.
The acting as I said earlier was OTT from both SRK and DP. The sets and surroundings were all colourful with the cinematographer nicely caputuring the beauty of various parts of South India and Maharashtra as well as Goa. The film had an obvious RS touch where SRK fitted in. DP looked lovely and was a perfect foil for SRK. But being a SRK fan my eyes were only for him. ☺️
Overall I would rate the film 4/5 for giving me my money's worth. And I saw a satisfied audience coming out smiling from the cinema hall. SRK would be pleased as he achieved what he set out to achieve.😊

*From here on there are spoilers; dont read if you havent seen the film*
-My favorite scene in the film has to be the spoof on DDLJ where Rahul helps Meena and then her Cousin1, Cousin2, Cousin3, Cousin4🀣
-The songs were ok and Lungi Dance sounded better in the cinema hall
-Only time I cringed was when Rahul looks at Meena and smiles after confessing his love for her. God! SRK's wrinkles! He should now stop doing his puppy face. They bring out his wrinkles
-There was one blooper in the movie where Meena tells Rahul only way out is thru Kumban town and yet they find their way to some other villageπŸ€”
-The main action scene in the climax...SRK looked hot. Now I see why fans enjoy when Sallu, Ajay, Akki do action. Makes them look hot and its better when your favorite star does it.
-SRK and DP are developing a comfort level. Their chemistry in this film was better than OSO. DP has really grown in terms of confidence and you can see SRK is she trust each other as performers.πŸ‘
-The biggest grouse about the film was too many Tamil dialouges. I think like me many were loosing patience. I know its realistic to show two Tamilians speak in Tamil but atleast they should had subtitles or given some background narration.

*Spoliers over*

So overall I had a fun ride on CE and I think so will everyone. So what are you waiting for? Grab your popcorn and get on the train baby!

Edited by MrsMalhotra - 10 years ago
  1. Click here to enlarge
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Chennai Express!

I love it when a movie becomes a pleasant surprise- entered the hall with absolutely zero expectations. Was like, okay SRK is old, Deepika looks like regular eye-candy fare again, comedy seems hella slapstick from trailers, 1234 and Lungi Dance are ugly songs, lets just not think too much about it.

But dang! haha it's a out and out family entertainer. Lots of cute comedy, although a lot of it is corny, it's very very cute. Jokes kids would prolly love. Loved the old references to SRK songs/movies, and especially enjoyed the song conversations lool. Deepika actually did really well in those

What surprised me was how much I cried =( Or Maybe i'm just extremely sensitive lool. but the emotional bits of the movie kind of got to me! The backstory of SRK's grandfather was quite sweet, but I really really reaaally felt for SRK and Deepika's love angle for some reason, especially around the Tera Rasta Main Chhodoon Na track, the seperation and the fear of it was something I guess I can really relate to. Had proper tears rolling down my face, and I didn't think I'd have to do that for any other reason but out of haterade for the movie lool

Was NIIICEEE seeing SRK back in his good old silly avatar. He's best when he isn't taking himself too seriously, and this movie was the perfect example. Deepika was actually really funny too!

Definitely recommend this =)
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Saw Chennai Express πŸ˜›

I was looking forward to it since the day the trailer came out.  Rohit Shetty and SRK...I thought what a combo...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Okay so this is no Singham...but this is still a very good movie...I would recommend watching it.

At times it comes across as a Tamil version of DDLJ...πŸ˜†...they actually don't give subtitles to all the Tamil dialogue...but I think that was good in that you are in the same predicament as Rahul (SRK's character's name...Nam to sunnah ho ga πŸ˜†)...and you use the help of supporting characters to understand and sometimes misunderstand what is happening πŸ˜†

The movie is filled with cute comedy and silly references to all of SRKs past movies.  And I fell in love with Rahul the same time Deepika's character did...when he carries her up the 300 temple steps. 😲

The ending fight scene is brutal...and a perfect cap to the story...and you'll never under estimate the power of a halvai again πŸ˜†

Over all...it is a Rohit Shetty film...so you know you'll be entertained. πŸ˜Ž
Edited by ummesulaiman - 10 years ago
SalluTheUllu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ISSAQ-- Most intolerant movie i hv eve seen!!!!:@
Socklet thumbnail
Chennai EXP

Just saw the movie missed the first 25 mins :(
Bit the film was funny and good,but not great.
DP was very good which i was'nt expecting from her,she was looking beautiful more than she looked in YJHD.
SRK was fab too.
But I can't believe its SRK's movie bcoz there was very less romantic scenes and SRK is king of romance lol.
The last action scene seemed like it was cut in middle in some scenes i don't know why I felt like that.
But the most dissapointing thing was the ending,it was predictable.

Lungi Dance song was only song I enjoyed.

I will give it 3/5 -.5 bcoz of the ending.

Lootera

Beautiful movie.😳
Sonakshi and Ranveer acted very well.
Songs are really good.
Felt bad for Sonakshi's dad.
Dad and vikranth was good.
Ranveer's voice is really low.Although i don't like him but he was really good.
I loved the painting classes.😊

I will give it 4.5/5

Edited by dddds - 10 years ago
nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally watched "Chennai Express". I never wanted to watch it bcoz i am on "Team Salman" πŸ˜›.
But wifey wanted to watch it this weekend,so i didn't had option to say NO πŸ˜†. 

My View on movie :- I m not a Srk fan,but one thing i always believed that Srk is King of Romance,but after watching "Chennai Express", I have to agree that he is brilliant in Mass oriented masala movies too.
I found him little over the top in first half,but he owned the second half of the movie. 

Abt Deepika Padukone,She was nearly flawless in the movie. I m not fan of her acting,but i just loved her in this movie. She was better than Srk in the first half of the movie,that itself is big achievement.

This movie is 4-5 times better than Dabangg 2 or Ready...

I hated when cameraman zoomed on Srk's face couple of times,he was looking really old in that particular frame.

Rohit Shetty proved that he is one of the best commercial movie director in bollywood..

Plus point :- Srk & Deepika, Antakshari style dialogues πŸ˜† ,Cinematography & Climax

Negative point :- First half was little boring & little over the top acting.

Star performance rating -

Srk :- For first half of the movie 5/10...for second half of movie 9.8/10 

Deepika :- For first half of the movie 8.5/10...for second half of the movie  7.5/10

Music :- 3/5

Overall Movie rating :- 3.75/5 

Final verdict :-  The best thing about movie is that you can watch it with family. Kudos to "Chennai Express" team for this πŸ‘. It's full on paisa vasool & you can watch it atleast once for sure.

Chennai Express- Went to watch it with zero expectations. Came out satisfied. It has the usual Rohit Shetty masala mixture- comedy,action,romance and emotional drama. But on the whole, I can't remember any scene which was boring.The humour is okayish, but keeping in mind the target audience of the movie,which includes the whole family, it had decent comical sequences. The dialogues made a lot of difference while watching the film. Very smartly written dialogues.I loved the editing of the movie, the transition from one scene to another, especially from the mobile to the sunset-it was reallly good! Cinematography was breathtaking in the bits where they showed Munaar and Rameshwaram, but I could feel that they have used a lot of green screen and post production coloring, so don't know whom to appreciate more- the cinematographer or the post production team. I disliked the songs when they were released but surprisingly liked every song they played while watching the movie. 1234 was out of place, Titli sounded BEAUTIFUL in the theatre and Kashmir-Kanyakumari song was the best picturized song-so colorful and beautiful!
  Shahrukh was decent in parts but overall I thought he overacted a LOT! And that was the only element that kept on bothering me in the film.
And the BEST part of the film-DEEPIKA PADUKONE!  She was AWESOME as Meenamma. Her comic timing was perfect, even small things like telling 'baag jaati' instead of 'bhaag jaati' was perfect! People have been criticizing her accent a lot but I found her to speak Hindi like many South Indian friends I have. First alll the offCocktail, then YJHD and now Chennai Express. Deepika is improving day by day. Just shows how she is working hard for a film.And unlike I thought while watching the trailer, thank god  for once, the movie doesn't mock any South Indian culture (unlike Ra One).

Overall a pretty good movie. I had fun because for the last few weeks I've only been watching serious films (Raanjhnaa,Lootera,BMB)..so this was a nice break!

Deepika is the life of Chennai Express. take her out of the film and all the fun disappears immediately.

3/5
Edited by AbbaDabbaJabba. - 10 years ago
Oh and the LUNGI DANCE at the end. So freaking addictive the song is! No one got up from their seats as if the movie was still on!πŸ˜†