ArHi OS- Way Back Into Love.

Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi...This is my very first attempt at writing an OS. I'd be more than happy if you all read it and tell me how is it.
                                                              *****************************

An old friendship revived. An old warmth remembered,yet which had'nt been really forgotten.atleast by me. I had been seeing him for almost after 4 years.4years of having satisfactory achievements to my name yet empty handed.4 years of meeting new people,getting along,friends,acquaintances yet not at peace.
A young man of 29.exuding strength,confidence,sheer masculanity as ever . Features more pronounced,mature and ever more captivating than what I had associated him with all those years back.
He had come here in Mumbai to attend this party on a request of an old batchmate,NK,to celebrate latters success in movie production and the soaring hit it had went on to become. I was stunned to see him there. I had imagined this many times. what would i say to him when i'd meet him again.if ever. Will he recognize me.? he did,ofcourse. Will my heartbeat pick up pace as it used to all that time back?or would i start blabbering to overcome the ticklish feeling in my stomach,the color and heat creeping up from behind my ears towards my neck and cheeks. Hell! Every emotion was familiar. I still love Arnav.
But something was amiss. His eyes did'nt held that trademark sparkle. They had always mesmerized me and I tried hard,every time,I looked in them,to not keep on staring,trying to know him through those beautiful shade of brown.
He had lost his mother 2 months back. She was the only family he had . His mother married to a Pakistani doctor had left India 30yrs back,to make a life with his father . Love marriage 'twas and after almost 7years,they separated.
My heart broke for that little Arnav.,when I had came to know of it.but his mother,the wonderful woman that she was,raised him to become a sunshine. He was'nt a cynical distressed being but a charming person..but where he got lost.

"Arnav.''
'Khushi! Hi!'
''How have you been?'' 

was that my heart galloping at breakneck speed?!

'm okay,been so long khushi..are you still that klutzy and shy girl from lucknow who fell down the stage while coming up to present the project and had cried.?'' he asked with a smile.

I chuckled,' thats some way to greet,Arnav!'

"but well,you passed out to become an awesome art director."

''you are being sweet..how long are you here for?''

''NK has asked me to compose a song for his ongoing project.I am here to stay.for a month or so.''

would it be okay to do a little jig here.?shut up,Khushi!

Putting an end to the thoughts of my plan to dance,I glanced at him. He was looking elsewhere.really not focussing anywhere.
My mind went back to the time i had met for the first time.

His batch had been here in Whistling woods international,Mumbai for a foreign semester programme in sound production. Every girl was ensnared by him.He was polite to all. Additional playfulness with the ones who had become friends with him, I being one. I can still feel the sense of calmness and security which had overcame me when I had the pleasure of a dance with him. His arms gave me a sense of security,wonderment and..desire? I could feel the ripples of his muscles under my palms ,his broad shoulders where my hands rested. Had I seen the same being reflected in his eyes? I still don't know. But that felt heaven. The following morning had me realize that I fallen head over heels for him. His little acts of kindness and mischieviousness had always put up a smile on my face and tugged at my heart but I can never forget the feeling I had got last night. It was as immense as standing on standing on a roof top,getting wet in the rains,strongs winds threatening to take you away and as subtle as the happiness of finding money in an old jeans pocket.
It was home.
It was love.
But Lavanya had been the lucky one.
Had always been. They had gotten together well and were already in a relationship.
Had i imagined the look in his eyes?I wondered if it meant nothing to him.or had he forgotten . He never thought of me the way I did,I guess.and I felt the pangs of jealousy the likes of which I could never imagine.
I steered clear of his way after that every time he met me.I should'nt have.those were the last few days of his stay in India and they left after around next 10 days.
But I could'nt ever forget him.
Lavanya and he had parted ways within a year after that. Lavanya had got a big banner movie and apparently she did'nt want to risk her public image by being associated with a singer from across the border. Especially at a time when the people had a vulnerable state of mind owing to the tension between the two nations.

My reverie broke with his words.
'I've rented an apartment next to yours.'
A full blown grin threatened to break on my face.
'Thats wonderful.! I've company now', I chirped.
'even more wonderful coz i would'nt have to cook now.I hate it.' he said.
'I'd be more than happy to cook for you Arnav.'
He looked at me for a while then averted his gaze.

'Arnav!'

Oh! We had a company.No! Its her..

'Lavanya..'
We exchanged pleasantaries and they talked for a while. When she left,I could'nt help but blurt..
'Why did you both part ways? You loved her.'
He glanced and said,'It was never love Khushi,we were'nt meant to be.'
Was life trying to shine back at me?but it was too early to think anything.
The next month went in a flurry of activities but returning back home had never been so lovely. We grew more at ease like never before.He was returning back to normal and I could'nt have been more happier. My heart did a little jig whenever I was the cause of his happiness and smiles.
It was the last week spent in post production of film and our work had almost ended. We decided to have a day out. The day which started with a movie,lunch,a little fun,dance and drinks at a disc,ended with a walk along the sea side.

The past month had made me realize one thing all was not lost. The procession of emotions which eyes showed whenever he was with me,I knew he was trying to hide himself. I did'nt want to push him but still wanted too. This thing between us was'nt just there but had grown. What was holding him back,lost in my thoughts, i stumbled but he instantly supported me. I never knew how good he looked so close. I did recognise those eyes. They were the same as they had been that night 4 years back.
He slipped his hand behind and across my waist and held me closer that we moulded into each other. The chill of december winds, the gentle soothing sound of the waves on the shore,his proximity had every thought spiral out my mind.
I kissed the corner of his lips, amazed at my own boldness.
Something in him changed and the next thing I knew were his firm lips on mine. What started as a something tender and soft turned into such hunger that threatened to consume us both.His lips coaxed mind to open up to him. Demanding and giving. I followed,devouring the warm recesses of his mouth,feeling the stars shooting up my spine and heat pooling at the pit of the stomach.
And from that time on I did'nt know when he moved onto my cheeks,earlobes,traversing the length of the jaw and onto the side of the neck.,kissing,sucking,biting..A hoarse whisper which sounded as mine escaped into the air charged with anticipation.

'Let's get back home.'

Later that night when we both found each other in the most primal way known to man as he took me towards that inviting zenith,I knew and was sure of one thing,he had'nt forgotten,that night,when we had danced and would never forget. Those eyes shown with love and I knew that coz that similar spark had always lightened mine.
A week later,I found myself at the party ,eve of the premier. Everything is still the same,apart from my life.
He had left.

A multitude of question swarmed my mind. I was hurt. He had left a note
' Hey happiness,always shine as the star that you are. Hope to meet you soon.
-A.'

It had enraged me to no end.It gave way to a sense of betrayal. One would have expected me to cry.and I did.
But when sanity returned, I knew that I won't cry anymore or feel hurt because of the heart ache, because of lost virginity, because of the chance of a life much happier left unfulfilled. As I knew it that he loves me and I love him back.
My returned back to present.,I looked out for a secluded space and moved towards the garden area. Not long time into there,a familiar sensation creeped up. Something akin to when... Is he? But.. And there he was. Infront of me in flesh and bones. Overcome by a sudden urge to shake him and demand answers, I charged upto where he stood and then all thoughts flew out of my mind as he held me by the nape of my neck amd slammed his lips on mine. A kiss that lasted for a second or two..''I'm giving up .I can't run away any more from you,from us.'' With bewilderment etched on my face, I really looked at him.,sunken eyes.,and wondered if that was because of me.
''All my life, I saw my mother struggle,Khushi..its tough you know,to live in a place which isn't home,work and look after a child as a single parent and a lost life partner. I was afraid of what was between us,afraid of it too getting lost and leaving nothing but hurt. I had been coward all this while. I can't be anymore. I want to spend each day of my life waking up to you.,to watch love reflect in those eyes, to be the cause of your happiness, to cherish you, take care of you, tease you, fight with you, kiss you senseless and make love to you..I love you, Khushi..will you forgive for leaving that ni..''
He could'nt complete as I kissed him and showed him what I wanted to say, what I wanted for us, that he really did'nt had to apologize. This is our chance and I am not going to give it up for fretting over past.,for anything. After breaking apart for air, I asked catching my breath,' I only hoped that you trust our love.'
'' I do..I'm sor.. ''
''shh..''
'' Marry me,Khushi.''
'' Is this how you plan to propose me for marriage?'',I asked with mock anger.
'' Not quite the answer that I was looking for but well, I've better plans. For tonight atleast.'' and that familiar sparkle returned.
And hence they lived their chance at happiness,at love. And home was where they were. It was them.
(ignore the errors)
There...How did you find it? Good? Bad? Boring? Never ever dare to write again? 😆
I myself felt that it gets boring at some places and is quite scattered,too many things going on in it..but hey,il improve as I try to write again next time...yes! I'd write something again even if I don,t get enough response.
I got the inspiration for this from an article in the Times Life of last sundays, TOI...titled 'Friend or enemy"...I churned it,and in the process of churning it got churned a lot (yeah,something like that) and this os is the result...
I hope you like it! comment and like if you feel so.
Thanks for reading.😊

Edited by Anupama. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
It was a short but hopeful, beautiful journey of finding love and the courage to keep it!

And an apt title. Allow me to post the link to the song (I love it :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYGomf2BEU
Edited by meera30 - 11 years ago
Jyo.Arshi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
that was truly beautiful !!! 😳 

so damn heart touching and passionate !!!! 

Arnav always daunted by his past but with Khushi he could finally let go of all the his haunted memories !!! 
luv_panipuri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
it was beutiful. Loved it.. Simple yet had d ability 2 soar ma heart wid content..
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing.loved it
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Woah I just came across this...excited to read your first OS. 😊 Posting my comment in a bit!

Edited: For a first timer, you completely rocked it. I really enjoyed reading it. I don't usually have a liking for first-person narration...but this was very written. So Kudos! Also, cute story :-)
I love happy endings!

P.s- You are particularly good at writing kissing scenes 😉
Edited by Anarocksick - 11 years ago
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
R
All of them in the movie industry? Now that's new!

You charted their love, longingness, desire, insecurities all beautifully.

Wonderful first one shot. Do write more :)Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 11 years ago
Japonica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's a lovely story! Very well-written!😃
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Anupama ji .. All i want to say is .. My proposal is still open! 😉

More than the story I loved your writing style .. Very unique and poised. 😊Edited by Omoraboti - 11 years ago
Anony_mous thumbnail

How did you find it? Good? Bad? Boring? Never ever dare to write again

Since I don't see excellent, emotional and intelligent in the options I refuse to vote!
Need I say more? 

Do write more, you have a very distinct style :)