Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: sheema_rajoo

Indu...I really don't get how you render me speechless after every update..
Just when I thought Aarti was out of that hell-hole and finally she'll be able to move forward, the more I'm proven wrong. The effect of all those years of torture and torment just broke her self-confidence to such a level that she even fears love. It took her years just to warm up to nanimaasi and just one second(prashant) to again withdraw into her shell. Thank goodness she saw nanimaasi's reaction to prashant's proposal. If not she would never have trusted her again.

I'm shocked with Aarti's level of insecurities. Probably because it's difficult to fathom that a person can go through so much in her life but again thank goodness for the wonderful people in her life like nanimaasi, chris and anna who are always there to cheer her up and probably will be the cause to her road to recovery.

Now that last part (the man that seem like some devdas character 😆 ) Why do I have the feeling it's Yash. If it is what in the world happened to him.. Anyways Aarti has yet to realise but she's bound to live a life full of love and respect given to her by Yash (a life of Chris and Anna's) and I can't wait for that..

Indu I'm really loving the way this story is unfolding. It's so intriguing and yes every chapter brings a new sight to aarti's life. I absolutely love your samarpan and yes sorry for always replying late.. Have been really busy with Uni.. again wonderful updates and I'll continue spoiling you with my jhappis and pappis as long as you continue bringing such beautiful updates...🤗

Thanks Sheema...🤗 🤗 🤗

Well naanimaasi got her out of that hell-hole alright, but did she get the hell-hole out of her? Nope.   That place...the unkind words...the acceptance of those poisonous words are too deep to let go. Healing has definitely begun, but the process is slowgoing. Aarti is mental condition is extremely fragile. It's not that she doesn't want to, but it's that she cannot trust easily...More than the other person, she cannot trust herself to be good enough. She expects the rejection to happen to her...and somewhere her whole being is geared up for that rejection.

Devdas!...Good word for the man in the shop. 😆
InduG64 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

*blinks back tears*

You very nearly made me cry again, Indu. At multiple points, I was fighting back tears with a tremulous smile. That is the emotional power your writing has on me. It touches the heart every time, without fail.

For now, I will quote one little part.

"This is your home Aarti. This is your room. How do you like it?"
"I don't know...I never had one."
"What, child? A room?"
She shook her head, "No...a home."

This. 💔 ❤️

*RESERVED*

Borna...didn't mean to make you cry. Why don't we rejoice instead that Aarti may still be prisoner of her own self but at least her exteriors are tasting freedom and belongingness. Naanimaasi could do so much...reach so far...but the scars to her soul can only be mitigated by one person.😊

I am waiting...🤗

MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: InduG64

Borna...didn't mean to make you cry. Why don't we rejoice instead that Aarti may still be prisoner of her own self but at least her exteriors are tasting freedom and belongingness. Naanimaasi could do so much...reach so far...but the scars to her soul can only be mitigated by one person.😊

I am waiting...🤗

*nods* I was rejoicing, feeling overwhelmed with happiness for those very reasons, Indu. Tears of happiness...couldn't hold them back! 🤗
Edited by MelodiousDreams - 11 years ago
InduG64 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sri_Radha

Wonderful update...👏 👏
Glad aarti started moving on her life⭐️... the description part of house was superb⭐️ ⭐️...
Loved naanimaasi and her friends❤️ ...and Liked  the way they helping aarti.⭐️
Prashant is disgusting😡
And last part so interesting...Who is that poor man..??? Is yash???😲🤔and what happened to him??😕
Waiting for next part
Continue soon
And thanks for pm dear🤗

Thanks Radha. Well, whoever the poor man is, he sure has Aarti's attention.😊

Aarti is getting help from all quarters now...but the question is how much is she letting that help her heal. Apparently she is finally leading a normal life, she has a home, a family in the form of naanimaasi and the Browns, and a job that keeps her busy and satisfied, but is that enough?
Sunrio80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What a beautiful and fabulous update it is. Aarti's suffering is so heartwrenching that when her nanimaasi ask her about her new home she had said that she doesn't know just because she doesn't have one😭. Yet she is one of a kind brave and lovely woman as she little by little cope up with her new environment and a new family and started to come out in her shell. The unconditional love that nanimaasi gave her is the very best support that she had. Was that Yash, the stranger in the last part? If he is then what happened to him? Maybe for the next part we got our answers... 😉
InduG64 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunrio80

What a beautiful and fabulous update it is. Aarti's suffering is so heartwrenching that when her nanimaasi ask her about her new home she had said that she doesn't know just because she doesn't have one😭. Yet she is one of a kind brave and lovely woman as she little by little cope up with her new environment and a new family and started to come out in her shell. The unconditional love that nanimaasi gave her is the very best support that she had. Was that Yash, the stranger in the last part? If he is then what happened to him? Maybe for the next part we got our answers... 😉

Thanks Sunrio. Glad you enjoyed the read. Hope to end all the speculations in the next chapter.😊
1HappyGrl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Another emotionally resonant installment, Indu.   😃

The old lady's eyes glistened as she heard her call her by that name for the first time, "This is your home Aarti. This is your room. How do you like it?"

"I don't know…I never had one."

"What, child? A room?"

She shook her head, "No…a home."

Naanimaasi turned away as tears fell. Aarti had not moved from her place by the window. She wanted to have a fill of the view that her mother so loved.

🥺  You brought tears to my eyes with the bold.    I'm so glad you've allowed Aarti to have an opportunity to live with Shobha's the family for a couple of reasons. First, they seem like light years ahead of Satya and his family morally, emotionally, and mentally. I especially liked the way Naanimasi didn't impose herself on her as they journeyed, reading Aarti's hypercaution about her and giving her the necessary space without feeling offended. Aarti needs that kind of interaction. It would do wonders in injecting some sense of value and confidence in her. Second, I like the idea of Aarti connecting to the mother she never knew in a some way -- living in the space in which she spent time and interacting with people who loved her.

Aarti was confused now. For the first time in her life someone was requesting her to do something and not ordering. She shook her head, "I can get the flowers."

Really, really enjoy the way you take us through Aarti's acclimatizing. She's going through a culture shock of sorts, going from a hostile house to an accepting home. She's naturally hesitant in getting to know Naanimaasi and unsure of what would or wouldn't make her angry.  It's striking to me how much she's initially preoccupied with avoiding what might make Naanimaasi upset or angry, but not on what makes Naanimaasi happy and how to make that come about. Sure sign of the negative reinforcement she's experienced in her childhood. It makes sense that she's startled by the difference in being asked as opposed to being ordered -- huge difference in feeling a part of a family vs. feeling like a burden. This part about the flowers is what I meant about Naanimaasi's way of interacting with Aarti being instrumental in giving her much-needed sense of value and confidence.

It would be more than six months and after relentless persuasion by Chris and Anna before Aarti would brave the proposal. She had often wondered later that what was it that had made her say Yes to the Bhopal job immediately and equally hesitant to Uncle Chris's offer. It was only when naanimaasi had fallen ill and the Browns had rushed to help her, knowing she didn't know anybody, and stay with her till her grandmother got back on her feet that Aarti felt secure enough in their presence. That's when she had questioned her decision of not stepping forward to be of assistance to the nice couple who went out of their way to be with her and naanimaasi in their hour of need. After all one should always be kind to anyone who needs help…Two kind men had taught her that. They had helped her at times when she had given up.

On the bold parts, that's such an interesting point of note -- how quickly she felt empowered to accept the Bhopal job (rebelling against the marriage offer for her) and how quickly she seemed to trust the advice offered her.  Am I being too sentimental to say the person offering the job/advice made the difference?  😳  The end of the paragraph may have answered my question, if not fully but partly.

Radhama's leaving is sad, though completely understandable. But, I like the way you always have someone firmly standing in Aarti's corner, even when someone leaves. She's never alone. Still, Aarti's painting remains a key connector between her past and Yash. I really like that.

Two days before Radha left, Naanimaasi had called Aarti's college in Hoshangabad to find out about her results and was connected to Prof Sharma. He gave two bits of news: One, that Aarti had topped the college, and second, two weeks after they left, Aarti's father had met with a road accident here in Hoshangabad while he was on his way home from the airport. The windscreen of the vehicle had smashed with the impact and a massive glass piece had flown in and pierced his heart. He died on the spot. The professor also added that Satya's mother had suffered a paralytic attack on seeing his body. Naanimaasi didn't tell Aarti about her father, but informed Radhama who smiled sadly, "Isn't it ironic ammaji that catastrophe should befall the family when Aarti is not with them? Just goes to prove that God's justice is always silent. Now, which curse will they blame? The truth is till Aarti was with them, they were safe from all curses."

Well, damn! (Excuse my language.) I didn't expect Satya to die so tragically. The greatest loss for him is that he never allowed himself to get to know his daughter -- the daughter Shobha wanted so much and didn't have a chance to raise, the daughter Shobha would have wanted him to love in her absence, the daughter who is such a good soul and probably a lot more like Shobha than he realized. But he loved his emotional relationship with Shobha too much to love anyone else, maybe even himself.  As Radhama said, it's such an irony.

As naanimaasi waved at her granddaughter, she thanked God for the day Aarti finally let her in enough to share a beautiful friendship. At least she conversed with her these days.

It had taken Aarti more than two years to trust her. Aarti had begun to loosen up after she joined Brownies. She had begun to spend a lot of time with her grandmother, who told her about her mother's childhood and growing up. She liked her job…and she liked Chris and Anna, who had self-appointed themselves as her Godparents. But all the progress had been cut short because of that good-for-nothing Prashant.

The difference in Aarti 3-and-a-half years after living with her naanimaasi is like day to the night of her years living with her father's family.  How secure she's progressively becoming!

But, ack! One step forward and then several steps back with that Prashant sniffing around. Where's Yash when you need him to punch someone's light out, lol. I suspect we'll see Prashant again.  I'll be waiting for him. 

Aarti had come to get some papers from the front desk when she saw him. He was completely covered in dust and mud and had a tramplike disheveled look: thick beard, unruly hair, and torn clothing. Aarti's heart went out to the poor man who was eying the snacks counter hungrily. She waited as he requested for a hamburger in a deep voice. Maansi, the girl behind the counter, handed it to him and asked for the payment. He kept the burger and put his hand in the back pocket…probably to get his wallet. Aarti watched as his hand came out clean and then he ran through all his pockets. Finally, he looked up at Maansi who was giving him the look with crossed arms, "Ah…I am sorry I seem to…"

At that point Aarti decided it was time to help the poor man who was so clearly impoverished and broke. She stepped forward with a smile, "It's OK. You can have the burger. Consider it on the house."

He turned to look at her. Whatever she was going to say next got stuck in her throat as she stared at a pair of eyes that gazed fixedly back at her with an intensity that stirred her soul. Aarti took an involuntary step back.

If you can see the smile on my face, Indu, as I read Aarti so confidently reaching out to someone and helping them. She's learning to manage her instinct to withdraw so well. Ah, the wonderful healing that true affection and care can bring to a wounded soul!  ❤️

On the bold parts, you always hook me with your endings, Indu. I'm intrigued.  I already sense the man's identity, but I'm looking forward to you unveiling it.  😉

sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InduG64

Sia...that last bit got everybody, which was not my intention at all.😊 I wanted someone to say "How come Aarti approached a strange man on her own accord, given how she is with strangers?"

Yash's parting shot to Aarti was "Bhopal awaits you." But that didn't mean it had to be now. As for their meeting and their stories to converge and begin as one, let's see...

Thank you so much.

What u didn't plan the end that way...?? Indu.. Oh...!! u must have been shocked yourself.. after seeing our reactions regarding the end..!! 😆

Now that u mention...I doubt if it is Yash...?? 😕 Lets see...

Bold part... I guess.. I've taken that... though submissive...Aarti is a clear-hearted person...someone who will try to help others...esp in distress.. in whatever way she could...just like she did in college... 
Actually it would have been surprising if she had just walked away..after listening to the whole convo..!! (at least for me...) 

lovely_nikki thumbnail
Indu this time I won't say sorry for not commenting, as I have no words to say. You've left me speechless and left me wonder, about girls like Aarti.

Aarti's plight is a sad thing but not every girl like Aarti have an Pandit Dadu, Malti Didi and Yashji in their life, who will help her and give her life a new meaning.

The fact that girls like Aarti are considered as unlucky, as a burden and as a social stigma, saddens me to the core.

If you don't mind I'll share two incidents with you. Both happened at the place where I grew up. The outcome of both incidents are exact opposite. 

1 - there was this lady, who had two sons and a daughter. But she never gave any importance to her as she was a girl. She always differentiated between her sons and her only daughter, in education, in motherly affection, in everything. She even treated her daughter like a slave, meaning that her daughter used to do all household chores, without any help. The list is very long.
Out of frustration, that daughter tired to commit suicide by drinking something ( I don't remember what). After being in coma for several weeks, that girl died 😭. This incident shook everyone in our area.

2 - There was this another lady ( a distant relative of mine) who had two BIL, who had two sons each and this lady had three daughters, so she also wanted to have a son. Her husband didn't had a proper job. So her MIL her not to go for a fourth child, instead her MIL tried to encourage her to do something in life so that she can secure her daughters future. But she still went with the fourth child and unfortunately she gave birth to a still born SON. But that didn't stopped her from trying one more time, but she had another daughter. Unfortunately after 2-3 years her husband died in an accident. Her eldest daughter who was some 15-16 years old, she started giving tuitions to other children and started earning for the same mother who considered her a stigma. That daughter continued with her studies and got such a good job that she was able to get herself and her sisters married, on her own, without anyone's help.

What I'm trying to say is, when I read about Aarti's story and the deep impact it left on her life, it makes me emotional as these things really happens. The above two instances are example of that. In one case the girl ended re life and in another case, the girl took control of her life and changed her life and her sisters life and gave them a better future.

And please don't say sorry and think that your story is making me sad. Honestly it's not your writing, but the story of every girl who are considered as a stigma, that breaks my heart. 
Thats why it took me this long to finally reply to your last two updates.

Frankly, I want to say thank you for giving us this story, through which you've shown a cruel face of the society where girls are considered as a burden and a stigma, and are being ill treated by their own family members.
Hate such people. 

Sorry to bother you with my rant or if I've upset you in any way. But I wanted to share this with you.

But now I'm eagerly waiting fr the next update as now I know that Yash is about to enter Aarti's life once again and will change it forever, eventually.
Edited by lovely_nikki - 11 years ago
InduG64 thumbnail
Jac...I think I've said this before too: I keep waiting for your response, before I begin thinking of putting the next chapter together. You not only review the chapter so beautifully but also kind of summarize most of the responses to the chapter. This helps me move on to the next one. In fact, till now I was wondering how to begin the next one...now I know, so Thanks.😊

As always you have managed to dig out the parts that came most spontaneously to me. That part about Aarti's comment on "never had a home" just came to me from a childhood experience. I did a better part of my schooling in boarding (my father was in army). I was in Class 7...Vandana was a Class 4 girl in my dorm: very intelligent, very friendly, very affectionate. She hated going home for vacations. Once when wewere all packing to go home, she began crying. Some senior girls tried to pacify her saying she should be happy she is going home. I still remember her saying through her tears, "My parents are getting a divorce. They keep sending me to each other. I want to stay here and wait for you all to come back. This is the only home I know. Everyone here loves me and takes care of me." So many years have passed, but I still remember the girl's face and her words. Some incidents leave such deep impact on you...makes you forcefully thank God for what you have.