Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RadheKrish1

"The decent aspect of today's episode is that when the remind scenes and regret were shown, the PH did not resort to the ridiculous Mitwa track - that simply romanticized matters which were highly dangerous"

πŸ‘ I was happy about that too-I might begin watching it again after today if the writers continue to deliver what they initially began with...i.e. stay true to their characters-Asad and Zoya!😊

Exactly, that was the best part that they finally figured out that this is not acceptable...or at least I hope so. I don't know if our comments, the Times of India Article or simply their own inner conscience woke them up...we will know more as their job is still not done in order to really deliver a decent redemption track. 
AdhooriSi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Thanks Adhoori! I hope this is not just a flash in the pan but that the team are seriously listening to all the viewers of the showπŸ˜‰ Today was actually a move in the right direction...I agree with with you that last week was a serious disappointment and just added to the wound. 

I hope not as well, I don't think it will be enough until its actually SPELLED out as to what exactly was done wrong and why it is wrong. Its not the wound on the hand that should be the focus.
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing post! πŸ‘
Agree with every word!
I'm loving the guilty Asad !
misst thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aalia_A

Great post Laila! Really well expressed.

Kudo's to the PH for this πŸ‘heartened that they are approaching this with sensitivity and tact now, I have nothing against Mitwa but it should be used in the right context to leave a positive impact, like the exclusion of it in today's flashback and regret scenes have achieved:

"The decent aspect oftoday'sepisode is that when the remind scenes and regret were shown, the PH did not resort to the ridiculous Mitwa track - thatsimplyromanticized matters which werehighlydangerous"

I may start watching QH on telly again soon... After all, I've been holding on for the Gudiya Factory ki Raaz.

On a related note, I'm glad Teri Meri got played and not Khuda Jaane... ... A few lines in that song were controversial from an Islamic pov and I'm glad they scrapped it, for whatever reasons they had =)

Even I thought this as a reason for sudden change of the song!
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

Amazing post! πŸ‘

Agree with every word!
I'm loving the guilty Asad !

Thank you - glad you liked it. πŸ˜³ Truly humbled at the compliment. 
adeeti10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Laila,
I think that scene today said it all. Her flinching and sudden change in behaviour. For me, it was a poignant moment. Her reflex - Zoya might think she's forgotten and moved on, but her subconscious hasn't.

Asad might think his sorry and her verbal acceptance sealed the deal but her action yesterday spoke louder then the words.

Yes, verbal abuse can hurt - when he taunted her about her mother, it deeply pained her. She thought about it, cried and processed it. When she did get a chance, she explained that no matter how big a mistake one makes, one doesnt deserve not having a mother. 

I'm glad in a way that the CVs realise its NOT JUST A SLAP, and while we were asked to move on, and pretend it was nothing on this forum, they realise the need to show the after effects. This is the sensitive portrayal I would have liked. 

I don't know if this was part of the original plan or it came about as the result if your actions, but I'm to some extent relieved.

The other thing... I'm going to give them a week or two henceforth to see how the story plays out before I strongly condemn something. Not to say I won't critique a particular scene or act, but I'm gong to be patient, wait and watch and sit on the fence first.

I don't know if this thread will be closed by the mods because we are still discussing the 'word that must bot be spoken' but that's weird cos the CVs are still sowing the aftermath. It's a slap to our faces if our fundamental right of speech is taken away.

I'm being rational, sane and neutral here... No offensive language, or indirect reference to people.. But it would be a shame if they thought this thread must be shut. 

delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: adeeti10

Hey Laila,

I think that scene today said it all. Her flinching and sudden change in behaviour. For me, it was a poignant moment. Her reflex - Zoya might think she's forgotten and moved on, but her subconscious hasn't.

Asad might think his sorry and her verbal acceptance sealed the deal but her action yesterday spoke louder then the words.

Yes, verbal abuse can hurt - when he taunted her about her mother, it deeply pained her. She thought about it, cried and processed it. When she did get a chance, she explained that no matter how big a mistake one makes, one doesnt deserve not having a mother.

I'm glad in a way that the CVs realise its NOT JUST A SLAP, and while we were asked to move on, and pretend it was nothing on this forum, they realise the need to show the after effects. This is the sensitive portrayal I would have liked.

I don't know if this was part of the original plan or it came about as the result if your actions, but I'm to some extent relieved.

The other thing... I'm going to give them a week or two henceforth to see how the story plays out before I strongly condemn something. Not to say I won't critique a particular scene or act, but I'm gong to be patient, wait and watch and sit on the fence first.

I don't know if this thread will be closed by the mods because we are still discussing the 'word that must bot be spoken' but that's weird cos the CVs are still sowing the aftermath. It's a slap to our faces if our fundamental right of speech is taken away.

I'm being rational, sane and neutral here... No offensive language, or indirect reference to people.. But it would be a shame if they thought this thread must be shut.

πŸ‘ well expressed Dee. I am glad the ph thought it prudent to show the after effects "of the word that shall not be typed"
Aalia_A thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey Laila,

@Bold πŸ‘

Edit: On second thoughts, πŸ‘ for your whole post. Very maturely explained, Adeeti. 

Edited by Aalia_A - 11 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail

Hey Laila,

Thank you Adeeti, the word that should not be named was used in the posts of other well liked members of this forum today and since this post is addressing the redemption as are several others posts today, it is hoped that our viewpoints will also be respected since they do not violate any of the rules of IF. 

I was very relieved at seeing this scene because it reminds people that no matter whether you see something is justifiable, it really does leave someone on the receiving end as traumatized and hurt as a result even if they try to brush it off and forget about it...traumatic events resurface in many different ways and people use multiple defense mechanisms to brush them off - laughter, humor, silliness etc.  Dr. Bruce Perry, MD, PhD is the world's international expert on trauma (have had the chance to meet with him and attend his lectures on several occasions)...abuse of any kind, even as an adult does leave an impact on the person...it takes a lot of healing and recognizing it from both the receiver and the person responsible as the first step towards change in the right direction and a resolution. Let us hope the writers are willing to do what is right and this is not just a flash in the pan and this is the first step.

Methinks this incident might play a role in Asad's decision to let Zoya leave him...not thinking he is good for her because of the damage he has done to her. 

I don't know Adeeti if there is anything we did to bring about this track...but I hope that our voices were not in vain..we will know more as the episodes progress...

Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago
adeeti10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Thank you Adeeti, the word that should not be named was used in the posts of other well liked members of this forum today and since this post is addressing the redemption as are several others posts today, it is hoped that our viewpoints will also be respected since they do not violate any of the rules of IF. 

I was very relieved at seeing this scene because it reminds people that no matter whether you see something is justifiable, it really does leave someone on the receiving end as traumatized and hurt as a result even if they try to brush it off and forget about it...traumatic events resurface in many different ways and people use multiple defense mechanisms to brush them off - laughter, humor, silliness etc.  Dr. Bruce Perry, MD, PhD is the world's international expert on trauma (have had the chance to meet with him and attend his lectures on several occasions)...abuse of any kind, even as an adult does leave an impact on the person...it takes a lot of healing and recognizing it from both the receiver and the person responsible is the first step towards change in the right direction...and it is not just a one time episode but many attempts...so let us hope the writers are willing to do what is right and this is not just a flash in the pan..

Methinks this incident might play a role in Asad's decision to let Zoya leave him...not thinking he is good for her because of the damage he has done to her. 

I don't know Adeeti if there is anything we did to bring about this track...but I hope that our voices were not in vain..we will know more as the episodes progress...

Yes, I felt the same relief.

You could be right about Asad's guilt playing a part in their separation. On several occasions in the past, in his conversations with Dilshad he has expressed his fear about hurting the person who comes into his life. 

As for our role in this track, I'm not sure too. I don't know f they have a bank of episodes for upto a week. But I'm going to wait and watch like I said, now on