Arshi SS: An Awakening Thread 1 **Awarded**

A_BA thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm a fairly new member and have become obsessed in the world of fan fictions. I have loved reading so many different and unique stories. I am not a writer, but this idea came to my head while watching old scenes of IPKKND. I hated the terrace scene during the wedding, so my story will deviate from the path of the show at the terrace scene.

I would appreciate all the comments and help I can get in order to continue with this story. Either PM me or leave a comment. I'm open to ALL suggestions and critique. Please keep in mind that I have never written anything along these lines and have no experience whatsoever.

AN AWAKENING

Chapter 1:

"I don't love Rani Saahiba, it's always been you I have loved and it will continue to be you. I won't rest until the day you are fully mine, in all ways possible."

"Chi!! The nerve of you to speak such besharam words to me. I pity Anjaliji for marrying a monster like you. Yes, that's what I think you are, a monster. To behave like a doting husband on one end, and on another hand, to creep behind single girls. You should be punished. Unfortunately, I can't break Anjaliji's heart by telling her the truth. However, if you EVER try to contact me again or speak to me in such a manner, I will not hesitate to shout to the whole world about your true self, and there will be nothing you can do to stop me. You see, Jiju loves Payal and he will never leave her. And there is nothing else that you can ruin for me or for my family. Therefore, you can keep giving me empty threats because I don't give a damn. I will tell Anjaliji about her cheater of a husband, will ruin your reputation as the perfect damad in front of Naniji, and most of all, I will tell Arnavji, who will kick you out of this house in two minutes without even thinking about it."

"Hah! You think your Arnavji will ever listen to your words against mine. I don't think so. He hates you, he hates you with such a passion that he wouldn't even believe you if you said the sky is blue. Just remember, you have already tarnished your reputation in Lakshmi Nagar by having a broken engagement and you very well know you can't go back to Lucknow because of the video footage from the fashion show. Now your only option is to keep your mouth shut, and do as I say in the future. I will leave you now so you can enjoy your Jiji's wedding, but mark my words, you will be mine!" With that statement, Shyam left the terrace, leaving a dejected and heartbroken Khushi clutching on to her dupatta.

Khushi replayed Shyam's words over and over in her head. No matter, how disgusting of a man he was, he was intelligent and some of his statements rang true. He was correct; her reputation was ruined in Lucknow. There was no way she and her family could go back there. The video from the fashion show of her in Arnav's arms was still shown on local news stations. After all, when a small town girl falls into the arms of a supposed modern day prince charming, it's definitely news worthy.  She also realized that in Lakshmi Nagar, people were still gossiping about her engagement and the subsequent break up. No one really knew the details as the Guptas tried not to share all their secrets. After all, how would they explain to curious neighbors that their daughter's ex-fiance is the happily married damadji of their other daughters new sasural. This would lead to more rumors and speculations!

Even though these remarks were disturbing Khushi, the words that struck her the most true, and hit the deepest, were Shyam's words about Arnav's hatred towards her. He was right! The man hated her with a passion, for reasons she never understood. He despised her status and her lack of wealth, education, upbringing, etc. He never failed to mention it. In the back of her mind though, a small voice rung out, if he really hated those things, why would he allow his only brother to marry a girl from the same family, from the same upbringing. Realization struck: he didn't hate her because of her status or family, he just hated her, for reasons unbeknownst to her. Tears welled out as emotions of the day were getting to be too much for her. The day started off so promising, with Arnavji helping her out serving their guests, and then helping her select a sari, and later welcoming her into his home with such a lovely smile. Why would he do those things for someone he despises. He even wanted to have a talk with her earlier. What could he possibly say to her? Ugh, why does this have to be so complicated?

Arnav was walking to the terrace replaying the days activities in his head. It started with him going to Khushi's house and being mesmerized by the sight in front of him. He then removed his pride and ego for the morning and acted as a waiter! For what though? Just to help out his brother's  in-laws or was there something more to it? What had gotten into him to act like that? If those actions weren't confusing enough, he then tried to slyly choose Khushi's sari. What difference did it really make to him what sari she chose? All these thoughts were whirling around in his head, and then the conversation he had with Akash while getting the groom get ready for his big day got him thinking more. The way Akash described his love towards Payal automatically made him think of Khushi. Images of her flashed in his head throughout the whole talk. If that wasn't enough, his Di's frantic speech about opening up to the one he loves after her near fatal accident was something else that made him ponder life and love. What he really in love? And that too, with Khushi?

Arnav could admit that there was an attraction towards Kushi. He felt it from the moment he saw the angel in green descending down the cat walk at Sheesh Mahal. There was also a magnetic pull he felt towards her, but was it actually love? To someone as sinister as Arnav Singh Raizada, there was no way he could be in love, as it was something in which he didn't believe. Talks about love and emotions were for those who were weak and didn't live in a practical world. He didn't belong in that category whatsoever. His own thoughts and actions were beginning to confuse him, and to top it all off, he had expressed to Khushi that he wanted to talk to her. He was his usual vague self when she demanded an explanation as to why, but it wasn't because he wanted to keep the topic a secret, he just didn't know what he wanted to say to her!

Giving presentations at Harvard and delivering speeches to honorable dignitaries was less daunting than the prospect of having this talk with Kushi Kumari Gupta! Those audiences were predictable, this one definitely was not. And the worst part was, the great ASR had no idea what he wanted to say, or even why he wanted to talk in the first place.

The sight that greeted him at the entrance of the terrace made his breath stop. There she was, in her orange churidar suit, hugging her knees and bawling her eyes out. What the? He had just seen her merrily walk up the stairs to the terrace a few minutes ago. What happened between that time and now?

Running to her as fast as he could, he gathered her to a standing position and shook her shoulders. "Khushi, what's wrong, tell me dammit! Did you hurt yourself, let me see, do you need me to call a doctor? Is it a bruise or a cut, do you need a bandage? KHUSHI! Look at me while I'm talking to you." She was still not able to meet his eyes as she was so lost in her own thoughts. Still trying to shake her and simultaneously checking out to see where she was hurt, he started to get nervous. "Khushi, did something happen to you? Did someone say something to you? Did they hurt you? Why aren't you answering me Khushi Kumari Gupta? Just please tell me what's happening."

"Why does it make a difference to you if I'm hurt physically, or if someone hurt me emotionally? Why would it affect you anyways," called out a meek voice.

"It makes a difference dammit, " he started yelling.

"WHY? Just tell me why it makes a difference to you? I'm the girl you hate, the middle class girl who entered your world only to create problems in your life. Because of me, your relationship with Lavanyaji started to strain and you two eventually broke up. I'm the same person who ruined your fashion show, caused sprinklers to erupt at your office, put orange juice in your shoes, drained the petrol out of your car making you miss your conference. What have I not done to ruin your life," Khushi started off, barely able to keep the words coming out coherent in between her sobs.

"Khushi, just stop it."

"Why should I stop it? It's true. I mean you have repeatedly told me to stay within my limits and have reminded me of my aukaat in society. It's true, I'm nothing, especially against you, the great Arnav Singh Raizada."

"I didn't mean...'"

Cutting off his words, she started, "It's ok, whatever you said was completely true. I have no standing in society. I'm a nobody. I'm an orphan girl who was kindly taken in by her mausi out of pity and I still manage to embarrass them with all my antics. Now I just need to repay them for all their kindness. I need to start over. During Jiji's wedding festivities, I let go of reality and started believing in a dream world. But it's over now, I have no more dreams for myself. All I need to think about is supporting the family that has given me everything since I was eight years old. I need to find a job, get better treatment for Bauji so he can start walking and talking again, and most of all, I need to stay away from ALL trouble so not to embarrass Amma and Buaji. They need to be able to roam around Lakshmi Nagar freely without having to hear taunts about the orphan girl they took in. That's it, starting tomorrow, I will cut myself from everything and be the perfect daughter. I will spend my life working for them, and stop living for myself."

Still taken aback from her monologue, Arnav asked, "Khushi, what's gotten into you. Why are you talking all this nonsense. This is a day to celebrate our siblings union and them becoming one in holy matrimony. Why are you so down? What happened, you can tell me anything."

Fresh sobs broke out again and she started mumbling, "How can I share anything with you? After all, you hate me, everyone knows it, even he...'"

"KHUSHI! I don't hate you. I just and who's 'he,' what are you trying to say? What's gotten into you?" Arnav mentally slapped himself for letting her feel this down and out, while trying to keep out the jealousy in his voice at the mention of another male and Khushi in the same sentence.

"Arnavji, it's ok. Starting tomorrow, you won't have to deal with me ever again. I promise, I won't be coming here anymore. I will respect that this is Jiji's sasural and I need to keep my boundaries straight. I won't even show my face to you. I will strictly stick to talking to Jiji on the phone and will insist that she come visit home instead of me coming over. This will all work. If everything goes this way, you will have all your dreams come true and never have to see my face ever again."

"STOP. Just stop it!" He couldn't handle the words that just came out of her mouth. The thought of not being able to see or talk to Khushi struck him hard. What would life be without his daily interactions with Khushi? This was something he didn't even want to think about.

"Khushi, I told you earlier that I want to talk to you, so let me talk now and you listen. Don't start your nonsense now and just hear me out. Understand?"

As she started nodding her head slowly, he began, "Khushi, I just want to say'."

Let me know how it is and if I should continue or not. Again, I'm open to all comment and suggestions. I just really want to contribute to this forum and keep Arshi alive in some way!

Index:

Chapter 1: Above

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

CHAPTER 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

Chapter 18

Chapter 19

Chapter 20

Chapter 21

Chapter 22

Chapter 23

Thread 2

Edited by A_BA - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting start...
Do continue...considering this is your first attemp it is very nicely written...I really want to know what will happen further

P.s.- please if you can correct khushi's spelling I am telling the truth according to me it's a bit irritating when I see khushi's spelling as kushi ..atleast when next Time you update
raniluvsasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
plzz continue nd dnt make asr illtreat khushi lyk done in the serial. Make arnav punish shyam. Nice strt.
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
ITS REALLY NICE PLZZZ CONTNUE!
suchikashyap thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great start even I hated that terrace the most Always wished for something like this to happen Please do continue would love to read it you are a good writer no one can say that it is your first attempt at writing
A_BA thumbnail
fan123GUNJ

fan123GUNJ

Direct Link Posted: 03 February 2013 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Interesting start...
Do continue...considering this is your first attemp it is very nicely written...I really want to know what will happen further

P.s.- please if you can correct khushi's spelling I am telling the truth according to me it's a bit irritating when I see khushi's spelling as kushi ..atleast when next Time you update
___
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely change the spelling. When I was typing it, I felt something was off but couldn't place my finger on it.
I will try to update later this week. Please continue reading it!
A_BA thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely feedback so far!! I will try to continue updating this story later this week!

Don't worry, this will be a light story, and Arnav will have a redemption track.

The story is called "An Awakening" as it will have Arnav and Kushi come to some important realizations about their lives individually and eventually their love towards each other. Let me know if you guys think that is a good idea or not. I have some of it planned out, but not entirely!

Please continue reading further updates and let me know what changes I can make.

Thanks!!
A_BA thumbnail

Here's chapter 2. Hope you guys like it. Again, please feel to comment and critique. I am very new to this writing world and would appreciate all the feedback I can get to continue. I'm open to all suggestions that come my way. Hope you guys can enjoy:

CHAPTER 2:

What could he actually say to her? He didn't want to dole out loud proclamations of love when he himself wasn't even sure that's what he was feeling. The only thing he was certain was that he could not imagine having a life without Khushi Kumari Gupta in it, someway, somehow. It was time to use that shaatir dimaag of his, after hearing Khushi claiming that she will leave his world forever.

He hesitantly started off, "I just wanted to say you, it's something I've been meaning to talk to you about for a while. You know after Lavanya left to London..."

"I know it's my fault she left and that you two broke up. I shouldn't have put thoughts about marriage in her head when you weren't ready for it. Now I understand why you are against the idea of marriage, I'm actually starting to think it's not such a great thing myself. How can one really guarantee fidelity in a relationship these days, right? Don't worry, I'll call Lavanyaji and tell her you're missing her and you want her back in your life"

"WHAT? How can YOU not believe in marriage?  Tell me, why are you acting this way?"

Khushi placed her head in her hands and would not speak up. Arnav again tried shaking her out of her reverie but it didn't work.

"Ok, let me tell you what I wanted to talk to you about. This time, no interruptions." She nodded her adherence. She didn't want to go against him all the time, as he was soon to be her sister's jethji.

"First of all, I don't want La back, we had a mutual breakup. There is nothing to that relationship right now, and perhaps, there never really was." He started to think about the actual reason of the split and Lavanya's realization that maybe Khushi meant more to him that he let on. However, this wasn't the time to dwell on his relationship with Lavanya and the subsequent breakup. He needed to make Khushi come out her little bout of depression.

"The main reason I mentioned Lavanya is because, as you know she left for London and has vacated her position as the Lead Event Coordinator for AR Group. Since then, we have promoted Natasha to her position, but we need someone to help her out, especially with the new fashion show coming up for the Fall collection. I was thinking that since you have been such a great help in planning out this wedding, you would be a good fit for the position of Assistant Event Coordinator." As he kept speaking, he began to realize that this was actually a brilliant idea. "As it is, you already have experience working for AR and you know the people there already, so it will hardly be an adjustment for you. I really think that this would be a mutually beneficial relationship, I mean in terms of a work relationship. If you say yes, Natasha can then delve into her new role effectively immediately, without having to worry about finding an assistant to back her up. Also, you mentioned that you need to look for a job." As he saw her look up at him questionably, he realized he needed to reassure her further.

"Look Khushi, I know this is probably not what you expected to hear from me today. However, I really think this would be a good situation for all parties involved. I mean think about it, you can start immediately after all the wedding festivities are over. That means there will be no time wasted on looking for a job. You know in these hard economic times, it's hard to find a job. And the only technical work experience you have really had is in my office for a week; that hardly counts for anything to potential employers."

Eyes widening and forming her mouth in her very familiar 'O' position, she started, "Hawww, how dare you insinuate that I don't have work experience? I am the daughter of a halvai, and let me tell you, I managed everything in my Bauji's shop, from suppliers to customers, from making the actual goods to keeping all the books proper. That hardly constitutes as no experience."

"My point exactly! You would be perfect for this position. You are able to manage so many things at the same time. It shows me you know how to multitask and can work with a wide variety of people. Also, I'm not trying to insult you about your work experience. I'm just pointing out that other hiring managers won't consider working at your Bauji's sweet shop as real work experience. And before you start your diatribe on it again, just think about it from a realistic standpoint." Convincing Khushi about his brilliant new plan was getting to be harder than he thought. However, Arnav was not one to give up, especially with the risk that could culminate in her declining his job offer.

"Khushi, what do you think about what I have just said? You do realize, you've probably achieved  some kind of record in the amount of time you have stayed silent in this conversation," he said trying to lighten the mood somehow.

Ignoring the jibe he threw her way, she started, "Look Arnavji, I don't know if this would be such a good idea. I mean you're part of my sister's sasural. It wouldn't look good that you're taking pity on me and some could perceive it as me taking advantage of you and your family."

"To hell what people think. I don't give a damn. All I know is that I have a vacant position and I won't settle with anyone other than you for the position." He was really starting to lose his temper now. How dare she bring up what other people would think about this? "It's not what other people would think. It's what you already think about me and the type of person I am," she started saying while having a flashback to their conversation after he dropped her off after the Diwali festivities at Shantivan. Realization dawned on Arnav as to what Khushi was referring and he mentally scolded himself for his cold remarks towards her that night. She was right; he did tell her he thought the worst of her at that time. It was time to make amends!

"Again Khushi, listen to what I said. This would be a mutually beneficial situation. If I actually thought you were taking advantage of me or my family, there is no way I would bring this up. As you know, Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't make deals because of emotions. I make decisions based on facts and practicality." He was trying to convince himself more than her that this decision had nothing to do with emotions.

"I don't know if this is a good idea. I mean after what happened last time I worked for you..."

Again reprimanding himself in his mind because of his behavior towards her as her employer, he said, "This will be different. This will be a real position, not something based on a fictitious contract. You will directly report to Natasha and won't even have to deal with me on an everyday basis."

"What happens when I mess up? Will you send me to rundown buildings waiting for them to collapse on me? Will you punish me by making me the parking attendant during the monsoon? Or will you try to make me pose in your calendar in those besharam clothes? Tell me, what happens when I do something you don't like? You know it's bound to happen, after all, there's nothing about me that you like,"  she said while getting emotional thinking about all that's happened between the two of them in the past. Arnav was starting to regret the job offer he made to her, as it made Khushi think about to all the negative things that had taken place between the two of them. But he had to go through with it, because hurting her in a process was better than living a life without her. After all, didn't the end justify the means?

Exasperated at trying to explain himself to her and convince her on this, he needed to make a final push. "Khushi, this will be nothing like last time. Look you know me now for over six months and know that I sometimes act without thinking things through. But trust me when I say this, things will be different this time. You will never be embarrassed by me ever again. I will treat you as I treat any other employee at the office. If you do something that I don't like, there won't be those kinds of cruel punishments. The only thing you have to worry about is adhering to company policies and procedures and you should be good if you can do that. If that can't be achieved, you will be reprimanded with a warning, which is standard business practice. Don't worry about all the negatives that occurred in the past. Just think about how much you need a job, for your Bauji and your family!" He knew she would go to hell and back for her family, so obviously AR Group would be better than that. He really hoped this strategy of using her parent's financial situation would work. Emotional blackmail always works, especially against someone like Khushi who would do anything for the ones she loves.

"Arnavji, I do trust you," more than she cared to admit, she thought to herself. At hearing her words, his mind did a mental jig. Having her trust was the first step in rebuilding their relationship, or whatever it is that's between the two of them.

"If you really trust me, then accept the job. Look, there's a wedding going on here tonight. You still haven't told me what's upset you so much and why you were sitting here dejectedly before I walked in, but I just really want you to enjoy tonight and forget about all your problems for now. Then go home later, think with a clear conscience about the job offer and call me back tomorrow with your answer.  Do you think you can do all that?"

"Fine, I'll think about it."

"Ok then, let's go! The ceremony is about to start. You don't want to miss out, do you?"

She tried lifting her spirits, then placed her head upwards, plastered a smile on her face and started walking towards Arnav. Together they left the terrace. "Arnavji, I'm just going to go down and change and will join the rest of the procession in a few minutes." He nodded and left to join Akaash near the mandap. He really hoped that Khushi would accept his job offer. He hadn't intended on making it, but he also couldn't stand the thought of Khushi leaving his world for good. This would give him time to figure out his feelings towards Khushi or whatever it was that pulled him towards her so strongly. Then his mind went towards to the sight he saw as he walked onto the terrace. There was definitely something that occurred up there, but what could it possibly be? The only ones present at the house were family members and who in the family would actually hurt her so severely that she had broken down so much?

While going through all these thoughts over and over in his head, Arnav looked towards and stairs, and noticed the beautiful vision in navy blue gracefully descending down the steps. She left her hair down, just the way he liked it. While lifting to her hands to place the stray piece of hair behind her ear, he noticed the bangles that fluttered around on her delicate wrists. They were the bangles he had gifted her! What could that possibly mean? Were the bangles that nice that she wore them to the actual wedding ceremony or was there something more to the gesture? There were no more time to think about these things as the wedding was about to start.

As Payal walked down the stairs and joined Akash in the mandap, Arnav kept his eyes fixed on the lady in blue. She looked beautiful as usual, but there was something about her that just didn't seem right. It was her smile. It just didn't meet her eyes. The grin on her face seemed fake. Arnav was now certain that something big happened on the terrace. After all, no one should be happier than Khushi that her sister is finally getting the happiness he once snatched away from her and that too, with the man who she loves. He would not relax until he found out what it could have been.

As the festivities died down, and the guests all headed home, Arnav retired to his bedroom late at night. There were so many things that occurred throughout the day and the emotions of the day were getting to be too much to him. However, the only thing he could think about was Khushi's down ridden visage throughout the evening. When leaving the front doors, she was still not able to keep her head up. Was she trying to avoid someone in his family, and if so why? Well whatever the case, at this moment, he needed her to think about the job offer seriously. This might be able to lift her spirits and get her out of her sudden sadness, and more importantly the job would ensure that he would get to see her every day.

That night, Arnav was unable to sleep as he anxiously waited for Khushi's response. The sun couldn't rise fast enough!

What do you guys think? Should I continue with this story? I would really appreciate feedback, so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts!!

Edited by A_BA - 11 years ago
..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome update...loved it !!
Nice idea...Khushi working in AR...interesting...please please Khushi accept the offer...
I first thought he will say he loves her but you are right...currently he is neither sure of his feeling nor hers ...waiting to know more
Continue soon

:)
saara76 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome ... very well written